Forum Settings
Forums

What would you do when your friend owes you money but won't pay back?

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Read topic title

Oct 22, 2013 7:20 PM

Ask Nicely-->Gives $ back-->Prob solved.
If not,
Give Warning-->Gives $ back--> Prob solved.
If not,
Punch the shit out of him-->Gives $ back-->Prob solved.
If not,
God bless his greedy soul.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...

Oct 23, 2013 4:19 AM

I have this problem right now..and I'm blackmailing him. He should understand but I don't think he cares.

Oct 23, 2013 4:21 AM

If they really aren't paying you back while you're seeing a motherfucking 20 dollar bill in their wallet (happened to me once rofl,a friend owed me $10) then i'd eventually stop talking to them altogether.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

Oct 23, 2013 10:14 PM

beavis2323 said:
threaten to kill them if they dont give it back if they dont kill them

Oct 23, 2013 10:48 PM

Unfriend em.

Oct 23, 2013 11:22 PM

Majazztic said:
beavis2323 said:

i do what i have to do in order to get things done
RRRRRRRRRR

Oct 23, 2013 11:23 PM

beavis2323 said:
Majazztic said:
beavis2323 said:

Kill me.

Oct 23, 2013 11:34 PM
$2.99/mo (USD)

_Chimo said:
beavis2323 said:
Majazztic said:
beavis2323 said:

Kill me.

Be careful what you wish for.
Ill do more than just that to your body afterwards.

Oct 23, 2013 11:41 PM

PDot19 said:
_Chimo said:
beavis2323 said:
Majazztic said:
beavis2323 said:

Kill me.

Rape? lol
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...

Oct 23, 2013 11:42 PM

PDot19 said:
_Chimo said:
beavis2323 said:
Majazztic said:
beavis2323 said:

Kill me.

What'll you do?

Oct 23, 2013 11:48 PM
$2.99/mo (USD)

Grotex said:
PDot19 said:
_Chimo said:
beavis2323 said:
Majazztic said:
beavis2323 said:

Kill me.

Rape? lol

No..... what the hell o.O? What sort of person would that make me...? Id take you to the hospital do way more than just that...

Oct 23, 2013 11:55 PM

Tell her hey give me my fuckin money, have it fucking tommorow im not joking.

If they dont pay u back smash them into ground and say give me my fucking momey tommorow or i will beat the shit out of u

And if they still dont pay u back, beat them up

Oct 23, 2013 11:58 PM

don't think I have shitty friends like that

Oct 24, 2013 12:03 AM

Tell her straight up. Sit her down and say she owes you money.

Oct 24, 2013 12:12 AM
I'd try and talk to him/her a few times if he/she didn't pay after that then that's really his/her problem, But i should say it depends on the amount of money.

Oct 26, 2013 3:24 PM

First of all the way I see it: there are no such thing as friends, only acquaintances. As for the money... when I "lend" money I lend it with a thought that I will never see it again, so it's quite easy for me to not give a fuck if someone decides to "forget" or whatever about it. I could probably make quite a long black list by now...

Anyway it would be nice if they remembered (yeah right) and gave it back, but fuck it I'm not that desperate to go around asking for my money back so I just forget about it. And one day when they'll need some serious help, I will not give a single flying fuck about it as they did not give any about me.

Oct 26, 2013 4:45 PM

I've loaned out money before, amounts that range from a couple dollars to $500 (that time I suppose I volunteered myself to pay for my friend's traffic ticket). Paying back loaned money is a test for me that I give to my "friends", when they do ask of course.

If they pay it back, they're a true friend. If they don't, then I forget about it but keep in mind they never paid back, therefore next time they ask, I'll just be a fucking toilet plunger and bring up old shit.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.

Oct 26, 2013 4:52 PM

If they ask me for money again, i'll be like you haven't even paid me back my money yet, so what makes you think i'll give you money again?

Then there's times when I don't mind if they pay me back or not.

If I see them have money, or they give me money to buy them something from the store I just take it and say "thanks for paying me back."

It really depends how much money they owe me.
Modified by Insanity, Oct 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Oct 26, 2013 5:01 PM

I usually don't lend money to my friends,because of the same thing that happened to you.I'm straightfoward person so I would nag her until she pay me back,but for you I think there are 2 options:
1.You can forget about her owing money and forgive her or,
2.You can forget about money but never lend her anymore and distance yourself from her a little.

Oct 26, 2013 5:24 PM
This happened to me once and I lost a friend over it. It turns out that the person was never really my friend to begin with, he was only my friend when he needed my help (i.e. money).

If I give money to a friend now I don't expect to get paid back. I guess I think this way because it doesn't build my hopes up that I will get my money back later.

I think this poll is missing an option. it's called Leverage. It's different from blackmail in that you don't deliberately try and get your money back.

For example let's say I lent my friend some money and he/she didn't pay it back (even if asked repeatedly). I would forget about it and stop asking them.

But if they ever ask me for help again you know what I'll say; Remember that time I loaned you money but you kinda never paid it back? Yeah sorry I can't help you right now, too busy. Ciao!

Oct 26, 2013 5:47 PM

i bought a burger in mcdonalds once and the girl said she had no change, come back in a bit for it

so i came back in a bit, she was like "well come back in another bit"

and so i did, her face was unbelievable

this story has nothing to do with anything but it kinda works if you keep nagging them

Oct 26, 2013 6:23 PM

Depends on the amount , if its like 5 bucks for lunch id probably have forgotten before my friend did

Oct 26, 2013 6:26 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Remind them everyday that YOU OWE ME MOTHERFUCKER!

Oct 27, 2013 12:45 AM

Steal from them. If it comes down to it and you can't just 'take' something of theirs, beat them up and steal their clothes. Their shame of walking home naked will provide your money's worth of entertainment.

Oct 27, 2013 1:10 AM

Summon Jigoku Shoujo and pull the red string. xD

On another note, if the amount is not that much, I'll let it slide. But if a large amount of money is involved and he/she hasn't paid for the longest time. I'd talk to him/her. And he/she won't be able to borrow more money from me until the previous debt is paid.

Oct 27, 2013 1:12 AM

You call Walter White. He'll get your friend to cough it up.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL

Oct 27, 2013 8:59 AM

Keep reminding them. You could ask them to pay it back in smaller parts if it is difficult for them to return the whole amount at once.

Oct 27, 2013 9:28 AM

I just make it a rule of thumb to not lend money. I do favors for people instead, ie paying for their dinner. And then cash in on the favor next time we're out.

Oct 27, 2013 9:32 AM

It depends on the circumstances. Do I really need the money back right now or can I survive without it? Did I set some ultimatum when I borrowed it or just gave it away with no conditions?

I usually only lend money when I have more than enough so I don't care that it may take 9 months to get back 20 euros. When I'M not having much money myself and I lend money I usually want the other person to give me an exact date which would be the latest day I would get it back. In those cases I will enforce and put the friendship on the line, because there's very little I hate more than irresposible, lying leeches.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Oct 27, 2013 11:49 AM

I'll NTR his wife.

Jun 21, 2016 7:12 PM
I don't know if you got that back yet,
but I had a simiLIAR problem with my "friend". but I used this service UOMOI and it helped me get my money back so I'm happy now and I didn't really have to do anything. it's kind of like the system big companies have when you're late on payment, it calls you automatically (or them) to remind them. I had my campaign setup 3 times a day 6 days a week lol so it definitely worked they paid it quick. goodluck

Jun 21, 2016 7:55 PM

It depends how much money. If it's not that much I'll let it slide cause they're my friend. But if it's a lot I'll try talking to them and ask them what's the reason. If they're broke, I'll understand and let it slide. But if they come in with some expensive new shoes, but can't pay me back, we gonna have a problem.

Jun 21, 2016 8:56 PM

Had this happen to me like once. At first didn't really notice that a friend of mine was a little bit whoring me out for rides and gas to some extent, but she always delayed paying me.

She was seemingly a pretty nice person though, probably just incredibly cheap. Soon after I was about to ask her when I'd get the twenty bucks of gas I guzzled taking her to and fro, she coincidentally switched schools.

they think I’m evil,
but lucifer is not my name

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]