Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 10, 2013 11:06 PM

Sep 2012
Nise recap....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 30, 2013 6:19 AM

Aug 2008
Filler would be better than a recap, at least it would be new material.

Yawn.
Nov 30, 2013 9:41 AM

Mar 2010
gswelcome said:
Filler would be better than a recap, at least it would be new material.

Yawn.

Tell me a show produced by Shaft which has any filler episodes in it.
Nov 30, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2008
I'm confused. I'm seeing Shinobu, part 3. WTF???
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 12, 2013 8:15 AM

Dec 2011
Completely forgot what happened in Nise... that was a good summary, I completely remember everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2014 5:27 PM

Jun 2012
Damn, that scene where Tsukihi gets blown in half still gave me chills. For some reason I thought they weren't going to show that, but I'm glad they did. I would've been platinum mad.
yukaru00 said:
DonPatch said:
For sucks sake. A third recap episode? Are you fucking kidding me? A series in it's third season (yeah the title says second season but come on Nisemonogatari is the second season) does not need to recap the entire thing after each arc. You guys are all accepting this too easily. It's irritating as shit and completely unnecessary.

For fuck sake. Stop whining.

1. Nisemonogatari is initially intended not to be published but it did anyway, so it is still considered as the first season of the series.
2. You should read the news about those recaps. Go figure. Too much whining does not change anything too.
@DonPatch Plus, if you payed any attention (which you obviously don't) you'd know that Nisemonogatari and Bakemonogatari and Nekomonogatari Black are all part of "First Season". That name isn't only because of the anime... it's just how it's referred to in the Light Novel series:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/14893/Monogatari_Series:_First_Season
http://myanimelist.net/manga/23751/Monogatari_Series:_Second_Season
It's really not that hard to read a bit about a series before complaining. Kizumonogatari is also part of "First Season", but they are releasing it seperately. Same goes with Hanamonogatari in "Second Season", except it's a sequel and not a prequel. It's not really blind acceptance, it's just how things are. It doesn't matter what they call it... the series could be called Shit the Live Action Animation Part 8 and I would enjoy it all the same. In regards to the flashbacks, as long as it gets released I don't see the point in complaining. But meh, you might not ever read this post, but if you do there's a little bit of clarification.
Jan 9, 2014 10:01 AM

Oct 2012
Great summary, the last arc of Bakemonogatari and the whole Nisemonogatari amazing.
Jan 18, 2014 6:55 PM

May 2012
PRetty nice recap again, it does fit in the whole story so why not! Let's see what's next!
Feb 14, 2014 6:43 AM

Oct 2013
every 5th episode is a recap
Apr 17, 2014 2:10 AM

Apr 2012
Funny how even as a recap this gave me a slight feeling of nausea.

Good for refreshing the memory though.

I said with a posed look.
Apr 27, 2014 1:42 AM

Oct 2013
DonPatch said:
For sucks sake. A third recap episode? Are you fucking kidding me? A series in it's third season (yeah the title says second season but come on Nisemonogatari is the second season) does not need to recap the entire thing after each arc. You guys are all accepting this too easily. It's irritating as shit and completely unnecessary.

dude. cry more
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 3, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2014
Nisemonogatari... were everything was "peaceful" enough.. until now...
That Time when Koyomi became a pseudo-psycho maniac vampire berserk mode is still so funny as usual!! said with a posed look.
I also seen koyomi acts again like his title : The Punching bag of Death . That was a good brutal ass-kicking from kagenui!!
Good Recap episode anyways!!!
ED song was especially amazing again!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2015 10:52 PM

Jun 2012
Man this recap reminded how much I love Nise.
Mar 4, 2015 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
Skipped!
May 17, 2015 1:17 AM
Apr 2015
Gosh, Horriblesubs, Commie, Coalgirls.

The only recap translated is episode 6 of Hanekawa Black by Horriblesubs, why every anime series with recap episodes always ignored? Does anyone outside there who stupid enough to choose this anime series become incomplete? I mean Bakemonogatari have a recap and complete at least, an anime series without complete episodes is the same as Cheeseburger without a cheese for me.

The Coalgirls didn't name the episode by numbers and choose to ignore recap, they naming it by the story arc.
Commie, skipping the recap and renaming episode 7 into 6, 12 to 10, 16 to 13.
Horriblesubs so stingy, only one episode recap translated. Episode 6

Can you Imagine that?
For God sake, where I can watch the rest of those recaps?
A download link maybe, only episode 11 and 16 left, please.
May 21, 2015 4:30 PM

Apr 2015
Very cool history of Shinobu. For sure this season will surprise me greatly.
Aug 17, 2015 4:31 PM

Jul 2014
Yet another recap episode. Zzz...

1/5
Nov 15, 2016 10:19 PM

Sep 2015
Another recap ;-;
Oct 8, 2017 12:39 AM

Jun 2016
Oh. Just a recap. No problem at all since I still enjoyed it.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 24, 2018 10:21 PM

Dec 2016
too depressed to watch

sengoku :((((
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 10, 2018 2:12 AM

May 2018
Another great recap.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Apr 29, 2019 8:48 AM
Apr 2016
Eh, another recap...second one this season.
Sep 14, 2020 2:36 PM

Apr 2019
Well I think that does it for the recap episodes.

I can hardly say that it was nostalgic for me to see the events of Nise summarized, but I can say that it was nice seeing them again. Especially hearing that version of Platinum Disco they used, so good.

Well that was a good breather, made me forget about the fuckery that took place last episode lol.
Sep 16, 2020 2:58 AM

Jun 2020
Recap yet a good episode.
Jan 26, 2021 7:40 AM

May 2014
A recap, huh. Well, at least it was a good summary, though I want to know what happened with their fight at the end.
Sep 1, 2021 5:55 AM
May 2020
another recap episode bruh
Jan 18, 2022 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
I dont remember second season having so many recaps, three in rather short succession? I think I did watch them my first time around but now I always skip them, no need for recaps when you saw the full arc just last week
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 12, 2022 5:14 AM

Feb 2019
Nice to see Nisemonogatari again. Tsukihi's arc is definitely one of my favourites. She's also one of my favourite characters from this series. Platinum Disco~

Also, I did not catch on to what they meant when Senjougahara said to Araragi to be gentle with her that night. Now, it seems pretty obvious.
Jul 3, 2022 11:16 AM

Mar 2021
I have just learned to appreciate recaps because recently my brain just does not want to work well and I forget some things easily so It's good that they made a recap even though many people will just skip it.
Aug 16, 2022 11:25 AM
Oct 2020
Another polarizing summary episode but I have to interject again and say it's a welcomed summary for me. So much going on that I need to step back and recollect. But I'm typically watching these at a rate of one per day. For someone binge watching I can see how this might be tedious.

Studying with Hanekawa gets cancelled and shifts to Sengoku's house for a play date of sorts. Clearly playing The Game of Life in both literal and metaphorical senses. The weird charm circulating that everyone seems to be questioning.

Also some great dialog that I had forgotten, make me chuckle to see these again...

Araragi to Hachikuji: Come on stay put! It makes removing your panties harder!
Kanbaru to Araragi: Come on stay put! It makes removing your underwear harder!

Araragi: I saw a weird guy in front of Kanbaru's House
Senjougahara: Oh? When did they hang a mirror in front of Kanbaru's House

Then the whole thing with Kaiki, one of 5 con men. Senjougahara chains up Araragi to protect him from this threat, but he breaks his chains after getting an urgent message from Tsuhiki. This is a little odd since Araragi then leaves his sisters in Hanekawa's care to take a bath with his shadow Shinobu (he still has the broken handcuffs on). On a side note I think this potentially problematic scene manages to come across in a relatively innocent way, somehow, even though Koyomi is caressing Shinobu in the bathtub. But technically she's over 500 years old, so for me the form is just something to look past like many similar situations in anime.

The epic battle between Karen and Koyomi where they bring down the freeway, and finally Karen concedes after the real/fake discussion where he seems to get the upper hand on a technicality. So this leaves Araragia and Senjoughara to fight Kaiki, which ends with the later promising to leave town and the couple naked in each others' arms. Which I found to be quite endearing.

And so time passes- Yozuru and Yotsugi with the posed look. More fighting and there goes the neighborhood again! The Shiodeno bird connects Tsukihi to the Araragi matriarch- cycles of birth and rebirth. Finally ending with more philosophy of being a fake and liar making one evil. But Koyomi can shoulder the burden of being the worst evil person as long as his sister still calls him Big Brother in that sweet voice. The story of Koyomi and his fake sisters who shine brighter than him. Ah, good Araragi family values once again!
Oct 25, 2023 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
Another filler episode wanting to be skipped...
Dec 15, 2023 2:26 AM

Nov 2023
What a great action in this episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.