Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2013 8:09 AM

May 2013
No, I always try to avoid watching something that I probably won't like. The only anime I've ever given a 1 is Code Geass: Nunnaly in Wonderland which bored me to death.
Oct 18, 2013 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:
The only 1 I've given is to an anime that bored me to death. I'm never it again and i don't consider it special either. As for those who drop an anime at episode 1 and rate it a 1, who the hell cares? Their rating won't count anyways. And even if it did, so what?

HaXXspetten said:
shattereddreamzz said:
geralt said:
I still haven't given a 1 (or even a 2) and because I have a tendency to drop anime as soon as I'm realising that I won't be enjoying it, I probably never will as I don't rate dropped anime.

I haven't rated any anime a 10 either, but hopefully that's gonna change soon.

well, you missed a golden opportunity to give a 1 after you finished School days...

Honestly I don't believe there exists any anime that are actually deserving of being rated 1/10. I mean past a certain point it gets so bad it's actually funny.

I fell asleep all 3 times I tried to watch Haruhi. That's enough to warrant a 1 from me.

How the hell do you feel sleepy after hearing that annoying bitch? :P
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Oct 18, 2013 8:17 AM

Aug 2012
shattereddreamzz said:
yhunata said:
I fell asleep all 3 times I tried to watch Haruhi. That's enough to warrant a 1 from me.

Well, she was pretty boring in the first episode.

@yhunata, you should watch enough of it to get the gist of the main cast, then try the movie. The movie is way, way better than the series.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Oct 18, 2013 8:20 AM
May 2012
My 1s are more special than my 10s. An anime has to be rly bad/unentertaining/entertaining for the completely wrong reasons for me to give it a 1
Oct 18, 2013 8:20 AM

Dec 2012
The closest I have is two animes at 2 and 3.

Yes, they're special on their own. One does not simply forget the worst pieces of crap that you had the displeasure of watching, whereas other decent 6 or 7 rated shows will be forgotten eventually~

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 18, 2013 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
gamer2710 said:
shattereddreamzz said:
yhunata said:

Well, she was pretty boring in the first episode.

@yhunata, you should watch enough of it to get the gist of the main cast, then try the movie. The movie is way, way better than the series.

No way in hell am I watching it again. Three times I've watched only to fall asleep within 5 minutes.

shattereddreamzz said:

You tell me. Normally, that annoying voice would be enough to drive away any sleepiness I had. It didn't happen this time.
Oct 18, 2013 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
I only have one 10 and it's special to me. I also have only one 1 but it's not really special, I gave it on a whim to One Piece and I will probably change it when I feel like it.
Oct 18, 2013 9:13 AM

Feb 2012
I actually don't have any 1s on my list, so I guess when the time comes... I will give the privilege to someone something special.
I guess I should add Mars of Destruction on my list.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 18, 2013 9:18 AM
May 2012
tsudecimo said:
I only have one 10 and it's special to me. I also have only one 1 but it's not really special, I gave it on a whim to One Piece and I will probably change it when I feel like it.
I thought u only gave 1s and 10s, so aren't they your least special?
Oct 18, 2013 9:55 AM
Sep 2009
I rarely give out 1s because there are only a few shows I've that have absolutely no redeemable qualities.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 18, 2013 10:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Thing is a 1/10 ought to mean there is nothing whatsoever you liked about a show, and quite frankly I have a hard time seeing any anime being completely worthless in terms of story, characters, visuals, audio and enjoyment all at the same time, not to mention that even if there was one (like Mars of Destruction) it'd be so bad it'd probably make you laugh anyway, so it wouldn't be worthless in terms of enjoyment anymore and should at least be a 2/10.
Oct 18, 2013 10:04 AM

Aug 2012
No, not really.
Oct 18, 2013 10:36 AM

May 2013
If you mean special as in rare, then I'd say they are even more special, as I only give a 1 to something that is completely unwatchable. At least I can see a little possibility of enjoyment in the 2s and 3s I give out.
Oct 18, 2013 10:44 AM

Nov 2012
i haven't rated any anime 1 yet so i guess they're more special than 10s because they're rare? lol
Oct 18, 2013 11:20 AM

Apr 2011
HaXXspetten said:
Thing is a 1/10 ought to mean there is nothing whatsoever you liked about a show, and quite frankly I have a hard time seeing any anime being completely worthless in terms of story, characters, visuals, audio and enjoyment all at the same time, not to mention that even if there was one (like Mars of Destruction) it'd be so bad it'd probably make you laugh anyway, so it wouldn't be worthless in terms of enjoyment anymore and should at least be a 2/10.

What if you fall asleep every time you try to watch it? Does that count?
Oct 18, 2013 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
I have rated only one show one. Mirai Nikki, because of it's shitty script and stupid plot developments which can't be even explained in their fictional world. Plus, the anime/manga does a very good job of filling up that plothole ridden storyline with some disgusting stuff in between.
So, I guess Mirai Nikki was special in that way.

My 10s are not that special as if I enjoy a show and if the show is compelling enough to make me want to marathon it, I rate it 10.

People saying dropping an anime after one episode is stupid is funny because why would you not drop something which you didn't like even if you have watched only one episode.
Oct 18, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
RockerXD said:
Since they are both extremes, your thoughts?

1s are generally slightly rarer than my 10s being that I'm not a masochist and don't try to actively seek out really bad shows that I know I'll hate.

And whats your opinion on people that spam 1s on shows they dropped on episode 1 because the premise isn't something they liked?

Pretentious douchenozzles. It is very rare that I give anything a 1 as even if I completely hate the narrative I can often at least appreciate the animation or some other aspect of the anime to a certain extent.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Oct 18, 2013 11:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
yhunata said:
HaXXspetten said:

What if you fall asleep every time you try to watch it? Does that count?

I... uh... well I can't really relate, never had that happen to me :3

I guess the only sensical thing to do in that case would be to not rate it at all, but idk.
Oct 18, 2013 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Lowest rating I gave out is a 5
Oct 18, 2013 2:14 PM
Jul 2012
I guess having watched something so bad it's totally insulting to any human being's intelligence and overall the worst piece of fiction ever made(Elfen Lied) is special

The other ones are just hyped crap lmao(mirai nikki, guilty crown, sao)
Oct 18, 2013 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
jsg said:
Lowest rating I gave out is a 5

Then try watch School days then, that would be the only one i've ever given under 6, it gave it 0. I didn't like anything about that, and i could just kill the main character myself, ugh stupid mother fucker show.
Oct 18, 2013 2:25 PM
Aug 2011
I don't have any 1s.
Oct 18, 2013 2:49 PM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
No way in hell am I watching it again. Three times I've watched only to fall asleep within 5 minutes.
Are you watching episode 00 in the broadcast order by any chance? If so, I suggest you skip it and come back to it later.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 18, 2013 2:53 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
elite-sama said:
yhunata said:
Are you watching episode 00 in the broadcast order by any chance? If so, I suggest you skip it and come back to it later.

why, that's like the best anime episode ever made
Oct 18, 2013 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
HaXXspetten said:
elite-sama said:
yhunata said:
why, that's like the best anime episode ever made
Because he's falling asleep within 5 minutes of it (potentially).
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 18, 2013 4:49 PM

Mar 2012
no;

I think there are quite some anime I would rate 1; but I just woulnd't bother watching them because they suck
Oct 18, 2013 4:49 PM

Dec 2012
I have no 1's so they are actually more special.
Oct 18, 2013 5:08 PM

Apr 2013
RT251 said:
It bothers me when people drop shows after or during the first episode, you didn't even give it a chance. I've never given a show a 1 or dropped any for that matter.

Most of my 01's come from shows that I dropped on the first episode. Those shows are usually so bad to me that I have to stop myself from cringing. When it gets to that point it's an insta-drop, and yes those anime are very, very, special, every time I think about them my life expectancy drops a little.
Oct 18, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2012
never dropped or rated a 1, (lowest is 4 i think) i don't think i will ever rate anything that low, anything that is worthy of that score i just would just not watch any more of it.... i don't really use my 'dropped' list! but i do hate people that don't give it a few episodes at least to see how it turns out, i remember going onto aku no hana topic discussion after the first episode and people were just liked 'f*ck this shit dropping it' D:
Oct 18, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 2010
Special for backward reasons yeah.
Oct 18, 2013 5:39 PM

Sep 2013
I don't have any 1s, since I do minimal research before actually watching something to make sure I might like it. However, if I were to witness something horrid enough to recieve a 1, I'm sure it would be just as memorable as any of my 10s.
Oct 18, 2013 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
My two 1s are a short from the 60s and an anime I dropped after 1 episode. They're memorable but not nearly as much as my 10s I've spent much more time with.
Oct 18, 2013 6:07 PM

Apr 2011
If I ever rate an anime a 1, it will definitely have deserved it. It would need to be the most ignorant, controversial, and disgusting minutes of my viewing life. So yeah, it would be special in the worst sense.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 2 hours ago

21 by Yorda_trico »»
5 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - 10 hours ago

13 by Lhundrup »»
9 minutes ago

» Overall, do you rate anime generously or harshly? Why? ( 1 2 3 )

Rinrinka - Apr 8

107 by Platypus900 »»
14 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

119 by Pinoffin »»
24 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

64 by FFandMMfan »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.