Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 17, 2013 4:00 PM

Aug 2008
So while watching Kino no Tabi, it was very interesting watching the citizens of every country acting so bizarre and brainwashed and willing to do the weirdest things. It often reminded me of a story that I heard once upon a time that I felt would go nicely into the series as another episode:

There is a town with a rule. No one knows where this rule came from, but it exists, and has existed for centuries. Every year, a person is elected as mayor to lead the town. At the end of that mayor's term he or she is to be killed. If the mayor is not killed at the end of his/her term, then everyone in the town will die. Every year people speak up against this and every year there is a debate as to whether or not this "rule" has any credibility and if the townspeople will truly die if the mayor is not killed. But at the end of every year, the mayor is still killed because no one is willing to take the risk.

The interesting part of this story is how the person who wins the "election" has to be mayor of the town for a year. That puts a spin on the mayoral campaign because the candidates are campaigning FOR the other candidate, to save their own lives.

It would be an interesting Kino no Tabi episode because just imagine Kino coming into town just as a political debate was happening and you just hear the candidates saying "My opponent has 4 counts of armed robbery... and that's why you should vote for him as Mayor. Don't vote for me, I've got a wife and two kids!"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 12, 2008

85 by paul1990xco »»
Apr 9, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jul 16, 2008

98 by Ratris_Decision »»
Jan 13, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Jul 10, 2008

152 by 2life »»
Jan 9, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jul 8, 2008

121 by Ratris_Decision »»
Jan 7, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Kino's Journey Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Jul 29, 2008

197 by Toueki »»
Nov 27, 2023 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.