Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 19, 2013 9:09 AM
Mar 2013
After it was announced that the guy had a daughter :CALLED IT! It was either a daughter or little sister!

Also a quick note: Boys will be boys

Preview for ep 4: Kaname and Chisaki will develop more together with her demand.

I personally think that CHisaki is friendzoned with the your just like my sister but it could change. We get to see Hikari x Tsugumi for yaoi fans... Asukara is cute but not important at the moment. As for Hikari... I personally think that in a way, Hikari is the Second most mature person of the group unaware of it. Here's a list of my most mature:
1. Tsugumi
2. Hikari
3. Kaname
4. Chisaki
5. Asukara
Reason why Hikari is so high on that list. He knows inwardly what is right and wrong. Outside, he vents it. Hard. Yet he still knows what is right and to be honest, I was surprised about how he reacted later on to Manaka saying about a possible future life for her. He is still just a kid but his heart really is in the right place. *Raises banner* Hikari x Asukara. I still like Tsumugi (His laugh kinds of weirds me out) but Asukara doesn't deserve him unless we get some development for Asukara.

Song: So beautiful
Cry Level: 3- Small tears for Akari
Visuals: Do I even need to say!?!
Oct 19, 2013 9:25 AM
Oct 2012
axlorg8 said:

1. Tsugumi
2. Hikari
3. Kaname
4. Chisaki
5. Asukara

While we haven't had a lot of Kaname info to be able to judge him, so far he has shown 2 traits that I don't particularly like in people. 1) His passive-aggressive nature, 2) in bringing up that if Manaka went to the surface she would be removed as an obstacle to Chisaki, he showed that he is mean spirited.

I will be curious to see if this show develops him in this direction,
Oct 19, 2013 2:05 PM

Jun 2012
Man, I had to stop mid-way through, but that second half was still awesome later. Was way better than the first two episodes imo. I'm glad that out of this season this is one of the few that is getting a full 26 episodes.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Hikari managed to insult himself by accident at the start there.
Lol yeah that was the most hilarious scene in this episode...
Hikari: "Chisaki.... your taste in guys sucks."
Kaname: "Ain't that the truth." -.-
So (correct me if I'm wrong here) Akari claimed they split up but really she's still meeting with the guy. And he has a daughter. Who wants them to split up, and whose friend likes to attack Hikari.
Nah, I think she was serious when she said she would stop seeing him. He was probably just making another delivery to that store. Personally I think Hikari was just following him to apologize. But yeah, looks like he's got a daughter... hopefully that doesn't mean he's already got a wife... I'm sure the mother and him are seperated, but I'd hate to find out he was having an affair with Akari.
Honestly, I had a feeling Hikari and those two girls would become friends, and I think I'm gonna like them... pig-tail girl's probably just being a tsun- / yandere.
I had a feeling Tsumugu had an ancestor from the sea. He was talking about himself when he mentioned children between the two not having ena.
Same, at least when he started talking about their Enas.
HalibelTheEspadaOct 19, 2013 2:09 PM
Oct 19, 2013 4:27 PM

Oct 2011
Still loving the OP and ED! Hikari's development was nice this episode. I loved the scene where they all played in the pool. Interesting to see that Tsumugu's grandfather has an Ena and that Akari's boyfriend is a dad.
Oct 19, 2013 5:08 PM

May 2013
i start to dislike manaka now, she try to act cute but it is very stupid
Oct 19, 2013 8:14 PM

Nov 2012
akari is not out from the sea? well thats good.. but still sad......
and that scene when manaka talking about her feeling :/
really really...
Oct 19, 2013 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
Great to see some development between Hikari and Tsumugu! Manaka's fish impersonation was quite funny.
Oct 19, 2013 9:02 PM

Oct 2010
I kinda disagree with that sentiment in regards with people being unable to understand Manaka or Hikari, though Hikari won tons of brownie points in this episode.

Though I'm not sure whether it felt sudden and force or not. His level of maturity in this episode skyrocketed compared to the last, IMO. It made the beating up scene feel forced, just to show that he didn't exactly mature fully yet.

But regardless, Hikari became a character I no longer hate. I only hope he tones down his attitude towards Manaka asap.

Manaka, on the other hand, remains distasteful to me. I don't like how she's so whiny and melodramatic (like the fish scene, urgh. I almost forgot she's still having that ruse because come on, no one cares). I get that that's her appeal but it's exaggerating the childish behavior waaay too much.

Oh wells. At least my reluctance to see the two leads has made me enjoy each episode even more than I should.
Oct 19, 2013 9:19 PM
May 2013
anyone who dislikes Hikari doesn't remember or know what it's like growing up being a teenage boy. He is the most realistic, believable and empathetic character in the show. he swallowed his pride a little bit in this episode but not completely.

still don't like tsumugu. nobody's that perfect.
Oct 19, 2013 10:39 PM

Jun 2012
"Chisaki, you have crappy taste in guys", and the Kaname, "You can say that again" xD
Something I've never realized before, how a sibling might 'grow up' quicker in order to compensate for the missing guardian/parent of the family. . . that's really depressing, honestly.
Haha, what a nice teacher that guy is, I guess it's only the students who discriminate against the sea people.
LOL "the damn media has me dancing to their tune", what amazing translations!

I swear, the OSTs make every moment of this series precious. Nice art to accompany this as well.

Oct 20, 2013 12:52 AM
Sep 2013
I was thinking that maybe this show might just be about fantastic racism and show how they would get over it as a society, but then they throw in an actual biological barrier to the Sea people and Land people getting together. From the looks of it, Manaka may not end up with Tsumugu unless there is some supernatural intervention that allows their babies to have the Ena. Or since tsumugu is probably part Sea people, maybe they will be fine.
Oct 20, 2013 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
I did like this episode, though I didn't really love it.
I'll have to wait and see how this plays out before I can really say if i'm enjoying this or not though this episode was certainly better then the last two.
Oct 20, 2013 3:43 AM

Sep 2013
Alright, this just for so much better for me, I absolutely loved this episode.
Hikari stopped being a dickhead (somewhat)
Tsumugu x Hikari OTP. Haha not really, I just wanted Hikari and Tsumugu to get along with each other like bros, I'm glad that happened.
And that guy is a dad? What? So is he cheating on his wife or did she die? What? Ahh whatever, I don't really like that guy right now anyways.
Overall I really liked this episode and that preview looked really epic, can't wait for next episode.
Oct 20, 2013 4:17 AM

Dec 2012
Seems like Hikari and Tsumugu are starting to get along, I wonder if they'll end up becoming best friends. This group of friends is reminiscent to the ones from Shinsekai Yori. That loli is crazy, trying to knock Hikari out with a handkerchief. Oh boy, the drama ensues - was that guy having an affair on his wife with Akari?

Was nice to get a closer glimpse of Hikari's background, and Tsumugu's laugh was refreshing. Really looking forward to this series now.
Oct 20, 2013 4:34 AM

Apr 2007
I'm so glad Hikari stopped being such an asshole to Tsumugu. I thought we were going to get at least ten episodes of "grrrrrr, I don't like this guy who's obviously so helpful and nice to me' and I'm glad to see that's not the case.
Oct 20, 2013 7:18 AM
Oct 2013
Not sure what's with the Hikari hate, I think he's probably the closest example of "normal" human (it's an attitude you see sometimes in real life). I assume it's everyone's personal preference.

Let's see, episode 3.

An unexpected plot about Tsumugu's grandpa possibly being a sea dweller... although seeing how Tsumugu knows rather alot about it made it a bit.. expected? (Especially during how he instructed Tsumugu to tread Manaka with salt water)

It seems that Hikari has become slightly mature (seems like he's been trying to see everything in positive way) although he's obviously still a kid. Totally a kid, but that's what make him interesting.

The way Manaka act is a bit distasteful for me, but nevertheless, it's still worth to see. (The fish acting voice is a bit nonono somehow). I wonder if she's really considering Tsugumu as an interest. Most likely - Yes

I wonder what does Tsugumu's grandpa meant about Hikari though

Next episode - another troubles with Akari's bf. Can't wait to see that~

and as usual, the ending is always the same awesome one. /o/

-----------------------
As for overall series, my opinion...
(The PV indicates it'll end up with Manaka x Hikari, but who knows. Let's just watch till the ending of the show)
Oct 20, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2012
oh, i'll be shipping Hikari X Tsumugu lol
I've Killed my Brother
Just like what sasuke did
Oct 20, 2013 4:54 PM

Oct 2011
This anime is quickly becoming one of my top 3 this season. Pure joy when I watch it and episodes feel like 5 min long.
Oct 20, 2013 6:25 PM
Aug 2013
This episode made me want more now.
Oct 20, 2013 7:07 PM

Dec 2012
More, I want more!!!! >:I
Oct 20, 2013 7:19 PM

Aug 2012
Ena, so that's how they're able to breathe underwater. It's getting better and interesting, i like it.
Oct 21, 2013 4:55 PM

Dec 2008
Dad? Definitely didn't see that one coming.
Hikari was a little more tolerable in this episode, but still annoying.

If I break it down, Tsumugu is 3/4 surface + 1/4 sea. So, shouldn't it be OK for him to fall in love with a girl from the sea?
Oct 21, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
HIKARI FOR THE TRUE AND ONLY ONE MC.
Oct 22, 2013 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
Manaka is still so fucking annoying, Hikari redeemed himself a liiiiiiitle bit. I think Hikari should just knock up his sister, even that's way better than being that idiotic girl.
Oct 22, 2013 9:18 AM

Aug 2009
This was the most satisfying episode for me so far. It's probably due to Hikari's development. I wish of more episodes in Hikari's point of view. And maybe Chisaki and Kaname's too. I've had enough of Manaka for now.
Oct 22, 2013 12:12 PM
Aug 2011
So they decided to bring up the FEELS WEAPON early, eh?
Oct 22, 2013 8:48 PM

Jul 2009
I really like this episode! <3
Oct 22, 2013 9:24 PM

Sep 2011
omg things are starting to light up pretty quickly.

Tsumugu's dad, and Akari's bf being a dad......

Hikari's chara development!!!!! the brat's toning down a bit.
nevertheless Hikari's interaction with the kids is the best thing in this anime

crycry~

Barion-Zara said:

Still liking Chisaki and Kaname the most though. Lol'd at
Hikari: "U're taste in men sucks"
Kaname: "True"

this
TeNShIkAOct 22, 2013 9:29 PM
Oct 23, 2013 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

It does not end with tarallucci and wine but not "A schifiu finiu", narratively speaking, I liked everything! Plot thickens!
Narrative that marks the time in a beautiful, we are only on the third episode, but you do not have dwelt too much with the question of Tsugumu and have not even abbreviated to go ahead with the thorniest issues, that after the brief moment of happiness reappears as a shadow black on a daily basis of the "children of the sea"!
The plot seems pretty complicated and even more complicated with the cliffhanger episode given by!
Characters that are being defined in a good way!
Drawings and scenery too beautiful.
Dialogues pleasant!
The final blow that deserves more points in the voting!
Oct 23, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2010
Now it is clear to me why Tsumugu looks up to the sea culture so much.
A few scenes the animation was very strange.
It would be more interesting to me if a land and sea child had 50/50 chance of inheriting Ena.
Oct 24, 2013 6:44 AM

Jul 2011
This episode really drew me in. The explanations about Ena greatly helped in world-buidling of the series. I really like this show now. Also Hikari's such a well developed character.
the irreplaceable one existed there~

Oct 24, 2013 1:45 PM

Jan 2011
I'm confused. Is this trying to be serious or not?
Serious-ish drama and story but stupid fishies and ridiculous setting.
loliowoOct 24, 2013 2:14 PM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 24, 2013 8:27 PM

Sep 2012
WOAH! it's a 4-way!
Oct 25, 2013 5:26 AM

Jun 2011
axlorg8 said:

Reason why Hikari is so high on that list. He knows inwardly what is right and wrong. Outside, he vents it. Hard. Yet he still knows what is right and to be honest, I was surprised about how he reacted later on to Manaka saying about a possible future life for her. He is still just a kid but his heart really is in the right place.

You're my hero/heroine! I don't get what's with all the hate for Hikari, damn that dude's awesome!

HalibelTheEspada said:

kuuderes_shadow said:
Hikari managed to insult himself by accident at the start there.
Lol yeah that was the most hilarious scene in this episode...
Hikari: "Chisaki.... your taste in guys sucks."
Kaname: "Ain't that the truth." -.-

Ahaha that was funny XD

na35899 said:
i start to dislike manaka now, she try to act cute but it is very stupid

Totally. I feel so bad for Hikari, damn he deserves better!

IntervisioN said:
Manaka's fish impersonation was quite funny.

It actually came out as an annoyance, because of how hard she's trying to impress that human, Tsumugu, at least, to me.

rtil said:
anyone who dislikes Hikari doesn't remember or know what it's like growing up being a teenage boy. He is the most realistic, believable and empathetic character in the show. he swallowed his pride a little bit in this episode but not completely.

still don't like tsumugu. nobody's that perfect.

Agree! Hikaru ftw! I am starting to like Tsumugu after this because he doesn't have the "Oh I am so emotionless" on his face anymore.

Parisbelle said:

Though I'm not sure whether it felt sudden and force or not. His level of maturity in this episode skyrocketed compared to the last, IMO. It made the beating up scene feel forced, just to show that he didn't exactly mature fully yet.

But regardless, Hikari became a character I no longer hate. I only hope he tones down his attitude towards Manaka asap.

Manaka, on the other hand, remains distasteful to me. I don't like how she's so whiny and melodramatic (like the fish scene, urgh. I almost forgot she's still having that ruse because come on, no one cares). I get that that's her appeal but it's exaggerating the childish behavior waaay too much.

It's not forced. Hikari is not totally childish, it's just that he couldn't control his emotion that well, and in this episode we got to see more insight on his personality & character, and not to mention, the situation around him is forcing him to grow up as soon as possible.

Don't you feel bad for the poor dude? That dude liked the girl for who knows how long, then the girl got caught by the dude, and was saved by the dude for one time, then the girl is totally "gaga" over that dude, wanting his "D" already, man you gotta feel for Hikari, that's downright half-NTR.

As for Manaka, who the F cares, sorry for the tone I used. Seriously she's pissing me off, not much, but still I feel very very very bad for Hikari.

ntHai said:
Hikari's character is so annoying and unnatural. But the story is too good to drop this anime.

Not really, and imagine if this show is led by someone other than Hikari, it won't be that "spicy" and interesting anymore. This story alone can't bring much joy to the viewers.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 26, 2013 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Hikari's attitude is improving.

GO ON GO ON
Oct 27, 2013 3:03 AM

Oct 2011
Ahh so thats why the kids were attacking Akari's place. And Tsumugu's dad is from the sea village too :O did not see that coming.
Hikari's character developed a bit here, glad he's not being as bratty anymore.

Im really enjoy this series so far.
Oct 27, 2013 5:22 AM

Jul 2010
4/5
Oct 29, 2013 5:34 AM

May 2011
Very nice episode, Hikari is slowly getting more tolerable. The fact that we get to hear his inner monologues help out a great deal, at least we know there's more to him than the tsun act.

I started watching this series with the feeling that this was nothing for me, but now I am glad that I gave it the chance. It is looking really nice so far.
Nov 28, 2013 7:22 AM

Oct 2010
ToG25thBaam said:

Parisbelle said:

It's not forced. Hikari is not totally childish, it's just that he couldn't control his emotion that well, and in this episode we got to see more insight on his personality & character, and not to mention, the situation around him is forcing him to grow up as soon as possible.

Don't you feel bad for the poor dude? That dude liked the girl for who knows how long, then the girl got caught by the dude, and was saved by the dude for one time, then the girl is totally "gaga" over that dude, wanting his "D" already, man you gotta feel for Hikari, that's downright half-NTR.

As for Manaka, who the F cares, sorry for the tone I used. Seriously she's pissing me off, not much, but still I feel very very very bad for Hikari.

I'm like so late so I'll try to respond to this in regards to this episode.

Hikari was childish but he was seen maturing in this episode. It's just that there were no transition for me to see that. *forgets what happens in this episode*

His history with the girl does not let him reign over her like she's a fucking property though. ;D It just makes me believe all the more that the reason he likes her is because he can dote over her like a play doll.

With the attention Manaka received, I had to somewhat care okay? Add the fact that she's the heroine too. She still remains annoying though, ugh. Like come on, even Menma had her charms. ;/
Dec 21, 2013 5:26 AM

Oct 2013
babymilo91 said:
Surprised that the guy is also a father. Can't wait for the next episode.

Yup
Jan 1, 2014 5:02 PM

May 2013
Nice episode.
Was pretty sad during the beginning :c
Glad to see Hikari cheered up and friendly with Tsumugu :D
Jan 1, 2014 11:11 PM

Jun 2010
I started this yesterday and I'm really hooked on it. I can't wait to know what happens next.
Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 5, 2014 6:09 AM

Apr 2009
Things are going better than I expected. Hikari, while brash and immature, is actually sharper than I expected, not to mention he vowed to try and become more mature. Heck, he's become buddies with Tsumugu now, too. Their little circle of friends has grown by one.

Looks like that man really is one of those irresponsible types, perhaps even a wishy washy womanizer if the mother of his daughter is still around...
Feb 6, 2014 8:04 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, REALLY liking this. Everyone is developing pretty nicely, especially Hikari. I loved seeing Tsugumu laugh. And wow, Akari's boyfriend is a dad? Did not see that coming..
Feb 10, 2014 12:12 AM

Jul 2013
"You have such bad taste in guys"
"Tell me about it"
Lmao.

So Tsurugu's father was from the sea and got banished for seeing a land woman. It's no wonder he's so interested in the ocean, considering he probably heard so much about it from his father.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
I'm digging this incestuous HikarixAkari... Just kiddin' xD

So Mana really is in love with Tsumugu and Hika doesn't seem so upset about it, at my surprise.

He built them that pool, so now they can stay on land longer. He also laugh for a first time! He isn't as constipated as he look like! :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 9, 2014 10:53 AM

Sep 2011
The guy that is going out with Akari is a FATHER??
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 4, 2014 12:04 AM

May 2013
Akari 's boyfriend has a child :O. I'm starting to hate hikari I hope he gets more mature
So kihara's grandparent lived in the sea when he was a child and fell inlove with a surface women and marries her.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 8, 2014 7:15 AM

May 2012
Interesting yet sad development... Let's see what's next though!
Apr 12, 2014 4:19 PM

Sep 2012
Why didn't I start watching this sooner? This is great.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.