Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2007 5:57 PM
Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well, i just finished this series and i have to say that the ending was amazing...i'll even go as far as to say that it's my favorite shoujo anime ending of all time...the way mitsuki finally screamed out at the top of her lungs to call takuto was priceless and meroko becoming an angel felt perfect...it just seemed like everything fell into place at the end...

unfortunately, the first 3/4 of the series wasn't that good for me since it felt like i was watching pointless filler after pointless filler so i gave it an 8...i might end up reading the manga but i'm not sure right now on what i'm going to do...
Nov 2, 2007 6:59 PM

Jun 2007
I just finished it too, and I thought the ending was perfect. The fillers were annoying, which is why i gave it a 6 for a while until I saw the last few episodes.., so it's a 9 now.

Meroko's hair looks kind of weird though after she cuts it.

I heard the manga is much better and I've already read 1 volume, so I'll finish it sometime probably.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Nov 2, 2007 7:07 PM

May 2007
Ah, Full Moon wo Sagashite. It's been a long while since I finished it.... but couldn't ask for any better ending. It was teary for me, heh. I love how it's very conclusive and done beautifully. Love it when ending song is played in full version with a scene of little step ahead of time. Glad that the Shinigami boss decided to give Takuto a second chance after he changed fate.
Nov 14, 2007 7:13 PM
Aug 2007
It made me cry.
That rarely happeneds.
Thoughm I just shed a few tears, I'm not an avid cryer.
Smile, you look way better that way!! ^_^

Dec 17, 2007 10:49 AM

Mar 2007
Yay! I'm so happy this thread exists!!

I loved this last episode. The most memorable scene was Takuto lying on the "beach", after losing all his memories, and begging that «Goddess» to please spare Mitsuki... even though he didn't remember who she was or how he knew her... he just knew she was a precious person! T_T
*cries her eyes out*

I think my heart felt tight throughout the episode! =S

I loved ALL the scenes in the episode. Some of them are just unforgettable. During Full Moon's last concert, in the moment when Takuto loses his memories and then turns to Meroko wondering who he is... and afterwards says that Mitsuki has a nice voice. T_T
It even moved me when Takuto's powers faded and Mitsuki's transformation disappeared... and then Izumi had a moment of compassion and helped her out!

Okay... I could spend hours just talking about this episode (not to mention all the previous ones). It's just... AWESOME! That's why this is my FAVOURITE anime and I even wrote a review for it!
Dec 24, 2007 2:16 PM
Jul 2007
sheesh

i started this anime just on a thought and im glad i did.

the ending was really good even though id prefer a whole all together happy ending
(both shinigami's still with mitsuki)

its too bad it ended i hope in the future i can see more

btw: does anyone know if the manga goes past the anime ending?
May 24, 2008 8:10 AM

Mar 2008
wowww one of the best ends ever, it was sooo nice and happy, but then sad....ahh tears of joy flowed freely!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2008 12:36 PM

Jun 2008
I actually didn't like parts of the ending. I mean yeah Meroko was an angel, but she was alone and that made me sad.
Jul 19, 2008 12:40 PM

Oct 2007
I cried so much at this ending. I really liked it. I need to reread the manga, since I can't remember a lot of it, but I know that the endings were kinda different.
I love how Meroko was an angel, but I'm not really a Mitsuki x Takuto fan soooo it didn't go the way I like, but I don't mind. It was still sweet.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Aug 1, 2008 4:29 AM

Dec 2007
The ending was great, but It would have been much better if it was like the ending in the manga, and I was really hoping that it would just like the manga since it went past the anime timeframe, but still really good concidering that the anime didn't follow the manga at all, but 2 storylines makes it fun I guess, I have always hated the anime version of Eichi-kun and still do lol (thought I'd share that with everyone)

Aug 2, 2008 1:32 PM

Jul 2007
Absolutely beautiful ending, Mitsuki is <3. I had put this on hold for more than a year at episode 10 then I retook it a few days ago. Eps 18-19 were awesome and made me recover hope in this Anime. From 42 onwards it was really sad but also very well done, those scenes in America were incredibly deep..

Score went from 5 to 10, but ill have to rate this ep a 4/5, I wish they had revived Eichi-kun instead. She was longing for him for so long, even wanted to die on his tomb, and a few eps later she's kissing the stupid shinigami? no way.

My screenshots gallery: (566)
http://picasaweb.google.com/hikaritokyo/AnimeFullMoonWoSagashite

Sep 29, 2008 12:58 PM
Jul 2008
The ending was the best i was so moved by it. It even had a happy ending. Yay.
Nov 22, 2008 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
Kotori said:

Score went from 5 to 10, but ill have to rate this ep a 4/5, I wish they had revived Eichi-kun instead. She was longing for him for so long, even wanted to die on his tomb, and a few eps later she's kissing the stupid shinigami? no way.

Kotori, Eichi was not revived because he didn't do CRAP to deserve it. In fact, he's barely even a character in this story. The shinigami is not stupid. He is awesome. D:< He gave up his life in exchange for a little girl's. What could be a stronger display of love than that, right there? And Mitsuki had been crushing on him since like episode 15...she just didn't realize it. The chemistry between Mitsuki and Takuto was so undeniable that by episode 4, I was like "Yes...these two are going to be together in the end...but I wonder how they get rid of stupid Eichi...?". XD Mitsuki never wanted to die on Eichi's tomb. She was just a bit delusional at the time and couldn't accept that he wasn't there. In fact, she probably thought it was all just a nightmare. Episode 48 proves it when she goes to Izumi and Izumi makes the offer and Mitsuki is thinking "I don't want to die".

....I couldn't help but notice there weren't any screenshots of Takuto in his human form from episode 52 in your gallery? D: *sad face*

algelic said:
I loved this last episode. The most memorable scene was Takuto lying on the "beach", after losing all his memories, and begging that «Goddess» to please spare Mitsuki... even though he didn't remember who she was or how he knew her... he just knew she was a precious person! T_T
*cries her eyes out*

I KNOW. I BAWLED LIKE A BABY. ;_; True love crosses all boundaries....*sniff sniff* ....oh no....I'm getting worked up just thinking about it....XD;
ChiibiNov 22, 2008 11:25 AM

Nov 22, 2008 12:57 PM

Jul 2007
Chiibi said:
....I couldn't help but notice there weren't any screenshots of Takuto in his human form from episode 52 in your gallery? D: *sad face*

Male characters don't deserve a screenshot :p (besides that I disliked him going back to life to be with Mitsuki)
Nov 23, 2008 11:57 AM

Nov 2008
Kotori said:
Chiibi said:

Male characters don't deserve a screenshot :p (besides that I disliked him going back to life to be with Mitsuki)

That's probably the most sexist thing I've ever heard! And how can you dislike such a selfless and noble character!? He died for Mitsuki so he couldn't even become a ghost to watch over her. Eichi NEVER did anything that amazing! Takuto loves Mitsuki way more than Eichi possibly could. D:< And that's exactly why he got a second chance-the Great Mother awarded his acts of virtue.
ChiibiNov 23, 2008 12:12 PM

Nov 23, 2008 12:22 PM

Jul 2007
It doesn't matter how much you love someone more than someone else does, her feelings are what matters, not yours. She was always longing for Eichi-kun, it doesn't matter whatever Takuto did for her if she really loved someone else. It's not like I disliked Takuto at first, but I really wished for Mitsuki to be re-united with Eichi.
Nov 23, 2008 2:29 PM

Nov 2008
But she fell in love with another person in the end. It's only natural. And he DID care about her feelings-that's why he spent 40 episodes trying to make her happy. He did try to get them together. But it was impossible. And you could totally tell Mitsuki and Takuto were gonna wind up together anyway. XD The signs were all there. If you think she just randomly fell for him after Eichi died, you'd be wrong...because those two had chemistry throughout the whole series from the beginning.

Personally I found Mitsuki's obsession with Eichi to be highly annoying and Eichi himself to be a very flat and weakly developed character....if you can even call him that. He's only a memory in actuality. An extremely Gary-Stuish memory who lacks a personality. If you add Mitsuki's sweet and naive personality to this barely developed, one-dimensional character, they make a reeeeally boring couple, which is why I never liked them.

Nov 23, 2008 10:29 PM

Jul 2007
She didn't fall in love with Takuko, she'll always be longing for Ecchi in her heart.
Nov 24, 2008 9:44 AM

Nov 2008
YES, she did fall in love with him! Why else would she think about him so much? Why else would she go to Izumi and agree to die early to save him? Why else would she write a love song just for him? Why else would she tell him she always wants him to stay at her side, confess to him and then KISS him!?
Um.....no. Did we watch the same episode? She has moved on from Eichi. She likes the thought that he is watching over her and as a first love she will always remember him but she is NOT longing for him anymore. She certainly wasn't when she was chasing after Takuto, blushing and crying. The dream she had when she was chasing after Eichi and tripped but the shinigami both picked her up after Eichi had vanished, symbolizes that they are the ones who are most important to her now. Eichi is gone and Mitsuki has accepted this.

......besides, when a character is prepared to sacrifice herself for another and later tells him without hesitation that she loves him and then kisses him right on the screen, how can that not convince you that it's TRUE? XD

Nov 24, 2008 10:03 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah right, she was dying for Eichi and a few eps later she likes Takuto? It makes no sense at all, that was bs. Maybe the manga has better ending? gotta read it someday.

Nov 24, 2008 11:05 AM

Nov 2008
It's not BS! It was not a few episodes! I told you, she has liked Takuto since episode 15, there is evidence that she likes him again in episodes 18-19,31,40, and 41! It was a couple just waiting to happen and Eichi was merely just an obstacle in the way. Once he was out of the way, and Takuto confessed, Mitsuki has all those flasbacks from the beginning of her moments with him and realizes that yes, she has loved him too, all along. IT WAS A LOVE TRIANGLE. How do you resolve it? Kill off one of the boys. XD

As for the above scene, it's most likely that she thought she was having a nightmare. At any rate, she was not thinking straight. She did not want to die to be with him....she just wanted to BE with him. When Izumi was tricking her in episode 45 and her grandma cried out "Don't you dare go die!" she goes "Die...? But....I was just going to see Dad and Mom and Eichi-kun. Huh? Where did they go?"

Since she was unable to accept that Eichi was dead, it didn't register in her head that "being able to be with Eichi"=dying. And when you lose someone, that's pretty much the only thing you can focus on...so she was focusing on what she had just lost instead of what she still had.

Also, "a couple eps" doesn't necessarily mean a short time in the series itself. I'm quite sure it was a few months later. Besides, she did question her feelings in episode 50 but Meroko explained to her that she was going through the same situation and thought she'd never fall in love again "but before she knew it, she did".

And if we're going to talk about BS, if you ask me, a sixteen-year-old falling in "love" with a TEN-year-old who, up until then thought he was like a big brother to her, confesses and the ten-year-old suddenly "loves him too forever and ever" is total BS to me. >_>;
ChiibiNov 24, 2008 11:34 AM

Dec 6, 2008 5:55 PM
Aug 2008
I love it! This end...i cry even now...for happiness!
Mitsuky deserves to be whit takuto
Meroko became an angel
They fit it perfect, i will watch they anime 1... times, I JUST HAVE TO!
Jan 5, 2009 12:34 PM

Jan 2009
Chiibi said:
And if we're going to talk about BS, if you ask me, a sixteen-year-old falling in "love" with a TEN-year-old who, up until then thought he was like a big brother to her, confesses and the ten-year-old suddenly "loves him too forever and ever" is total BS to me. >_>;

mitsuki is 12 years old. And a 12 year old with a 16 year old is very rare so that means takuto really loves mitsuki even if she is still 12 years old. He loves her the way she is ^_^ (L)

I really cried at the end T_T It was so sad, yet so beautiful. I feel sorry for izumi and jonathan, they have to be shinigami for ever.
kairi_03Jan 5, 2009 12:39 PM
Jan 5, 2009 12:48 PM

Aug 2007
If you guys think that Eichi never did anything for Mitsuki, read the manga ;)

Jan 5, 2009 1:01 PM

Jul 2007
Aarana said:

Planning to do so :)
Jan 5, 2009 1:04 PM

Aug 2007
Kotori said:
Aarana said:

Planning to do so :)

The great thing about the manga (and sometimes a not so great thing) is that the ending is as different as night and day. So if you didn't like one ending, you are bound to like the other. I like both personally. I think the Anime had a more happy-go-lucky ending, where the manga was a bit more...dramatic.

Jan 5, 2009 5:03 PM

Nov 2008
Aarana said:

Lol I've read the manga probably five times.

But I still don't like Eichi. In fact I'd take anime!Eichi over manga!Eichi any day. Manga!Eichi was a manipulative lustful little.....grrrr. I know he was kind to Mitsuki sometimes but I can only focus on his flaws....he totally infuriated me with his thoughtless actions.

mitsuki is 12 years old. And a 12 year old with a 16 year old is very rare so that means takuto really loves mitsuki even if she is still 12 years old. He loves her the way she is ^_^ (L)

No no, you misunderstood. I was talking about Eichi (16) being in love with Mitsuki (10). I LOVE the TakutoxMitsuki pairing. It's my number one favorite couple of all animanga....no, of anything. lol And yeah, Takuto loves Mitsuki for her heart...not cause she's a kid. It's a very pure and deep-rooted love that'll last forever....the final episode totally proves this!
ChiibiJan 5, 2009 5:09 PM

Jan 6, 2009 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
No no, you misunderstood. I was talking about Eichi (16) being in love with Mitsuki (10). I LOVE the TakutoxMitsuki pairing. It's my number one favorite couple of all animanga....no, of anything. lol And yeah, Takuto loves Mitsuki for her heart...not cause she's a kid. It's a very pure and deep-rooted love that'll last forever....the final episode totally proves this!

oh ok. sorry about that :)
Jan 6, 2009 3:19 PM

Nov 2008
No need to apologize.^^

Jan 7, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2007
Chiibi said:
Aarana said:

Lol I've read the manga probably five times.

But I still don't like Eichi. In fact I'd take anime!Eichi over manga!Eichi any day. Manga!Eichi was a manipulative lustful little.....grrrr. I know he was kind to Mitsuki sometimes but I can only focus on his flaws....he totally infuriated me with his thoughtless actions.

When I talk about what Eichi did....

Jan 7, 2009 7:20 PM

Nov 2008
It couldn't have been avoided though the anime was finished waaaaay before the manga did so the directors had no clue about the Eichi thing. They didn't leave it out on purpose or anything.

And since I'm not an Eichi fan, I really couldn't care less. XD I love the anime the way it is. In fact not having Eichi there was definitely better so all the focus went on Takuto and Negi Ramen getting so close with Mitsuki...those are the best parts.

May 9, 2009 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
It was a very nice conclusion. I can't think of any better way to end it.

The first half of the series covers her daily life as a pop idol. The second half is concentrated more on dramatic events. I do believe that I haven't wasted watching the first half because it is essential for me. The filler episodes were there just to build up interest for the characters.

I learned a lot from this show. It's all about how you live your life to the fullest. It's has something to do within yourself to see how life is important. Life is only given to us once so it would make sense not to waste it. Anyway, this is one lesson that I learned from watching this show.

Anyway, this show automatically gets a 10 for me. I know that the character design might not be appealing to other viewers. However, I didn't expect that this series was really that good. In fact, this is now one of my favorite shows to date.

Even if the genre itself restricts only to young female viewers, it didn't stop me from watching this show.

Jun 15, 2009 2:39 AM

Jul 2008
Omg....I just finished watching it...it was beautiful....I can't stop crying....wow....
Jun 17, 2009 5:41 AM
Jul 2008
This series was completely awesome, every single episode was worth watching and the end was absolutely beautiful. FMwS is now 110% on the top of my favorites list :)
Jun 27, 2009 9:34 AM

May 2008
I cried like a baby.
Aug 6, 2009 8:21 PM

Dec 2007
I watched this after reading the manga. Wow, I laughed, I cried, I smiled. This anime was great. (Despite the differences at least it made it fun to watch since it was a little different from the manga it was familiar with some new things mixed in, some differences I was a little 'eh' with though, but as a whole it was -thumbs up-)

Snow-AngelAug 7, 2009 3:30 PM
Aug 22, 2009 1:51 AM

Feb 2008
I think this would have been better if she had died, but I still really liked this ending.

I can't help but feel that Meroko got the short end of the stick, which is sad since she was my favorite character.

glad I decided to watch this series in spite of the description.
Sep 12, 2009 12:35 PM
May 2009
It was a perfect ending. Through i afraid of Mitsuki die but she wasn't die! I was sooo happy. Through i'd rather happy its i cried on a few episode :D
It wasn't so clearly Takuto and Mitsuki got together eventually i guess...
And one more thing its songs was beautiful.
Sep 21, 2009 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
I can't believe an anime is making me cry-
Sep 21, 2009 12:27 PM

Jun 2009
I just watch this again - since when is Oshige-san work for Madoka's director? That guy is a control-freak
Oct 21, 2009 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
Too romantic when mitsuki and takuto finally met in the ending
greatest ending i have watched compared to others
I wish they can make 2nd season
Dec 4, 2009 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
This series really touched me because it was like some boring show and then in turned out beautiful.. When Meroko became angel and Takuto was born again.ohh..now I feel sorry I removed this series from my favorites.. :O

tnx to raylu for this set ^^
Mar 17, 2010 7:09 PM

Jul 2009
Started this anime on a whim and ended it so incredibly fulfilled.

Probably the most fulfilled I have ever been after watching any anime. The show was so well executed, even with the first 15-ish episodes being mostly fillers (Due to the anime starting soon after the manga I imagine). It took me a while to get through the first few episodes as it wasn't really special but it really opens up around episode 18.

The ending was perfect and I was so scared during the entire episode that something may happen to Mitsuki. It ended perfectly for me - Now it's time for the manga!
PsychodrakeJul 6, 2010 7:38 AM
Apr 29, 2010 8:39 PM

Jan 2010
kairi_03 said:
Chiibi said:

I really cried at the end T_T It was so sad, yet so beautiful. I feel sorry for izumi and jonathan, they have to be shinigami for ever.

he was 16 when she wat 10 so that would make him 18 when she was 12
May 28, 2010 6:08 AM

Nov 2008
animehawk8504 said:
kairi_03 said:
he was 16 when she wat 10 so that would make him 18 when she was 12

I know, and I'm saying that's creepy for a 16-year-old to fall in love with a ten-year-old. Takuto's love for her is not creepy because at ages 12-13, Mitsuki's at LEAST going through puberty.....and she was also very mature at that point.

But Eichi wanted a 10-yeaar-old girl who looks like she's FIVEl!???

EICHI'S A CREEPER!! XD

Jun 15, 2010 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
The ending made me really sad and happy at the same time. I love the fact that Takuto regained his memory and was also able to become human again. It was just so sad that Meroko turned into an angel. I really started to cry when Meroko was leading Mitsuki to Takuto. It's sad because she won't be able to talk to them anymore and she'll be lonely. It's a lot better than being a ghost though , but still . . it was still sad for her to be angel.

I also wished that when Takuto said Meroko's name at the end, he would've said Mitsuki's name too. So that i could be totally sure that he remembered her .

Jun 21, 2010 10:01 AM

Aug 2008
I watch this ending. Beautiful!! Touching... and when shows the green light... I thought "She's gonna die, MY GOSH!!". But not!

I like Takuto remember all of this stuff and the angel's farewell was so bittersweet.- I love this ending.

FMwS is a example to HOW a so-so-good anime becomes to a very good and excelent in some chapters (ch.47 is one of the best I've watched... so mature and full of details! so charming and bittersweet. AND how to forget it! GREAT ch 42 is a direct blow to their souls).

Come back to last chapter:
And Meroko's "Noooo!" When Takuto passes off. A only word describes it: Heathbreaking.

Affect me...

This anime fills my expectatives and overwhelmed them. A little more of Takuto and Mitsuki would have been a great gift...

Excelent close ending, so rare on anime romance-slice of life's world.
Aug 30, 2010 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
Animes with singing .. is the best.
She has a very beautiful voice,her parents were very pretty and Takuto is also very beautiful :O.
I am so glad that she's still alive and her appearances are the best - wings *.*.

The ending was so cute and sad. Is there a second season?
Sep 28, 2010 1:47 AM

Jun 2008
Aw what the hell :[ MEROKO! T______T Damn it all, my favorite character ALWAYS has to suffer the most. Dude. *goes to punch some things to get over it*
Oct 31, 2010 9:32 PM

Nov 2008
Takai said:
Aw what the hell :[ MEROKO! T______T Damn it all, my favorite character ALWAYS has to suffer the most. Dude. *goes to punch some things to get over it*

Don't be sad for her. She is very happy...being able to reunite and watch over the two people she loves the most. :)

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should I read the manga?

El_Jiro - Oct 31, 2023

3 by MewVenus »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 34 Discussion

shanimebib - Jan 1, 2013

9 by Atsunome »»
Oct 4, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 20, 2009

8 by Atsunome »»
Sep 21, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Dec 7, 2013

8 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 29, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 50 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 22, 2009

14 by Bahamut_Dragoon »»
Jul 11, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.