Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 21, 2013 5:43 PM

Feb 2013
This isn't all that easy to follow, and that's a good thing. It's nice to remain puzzled, especially when it's done well.

I wasn't expecting a flashback type episode so soon. I'm sure (or hope) there is a reason for giving us a bit of Koto's childhood before moving on... I guess it's about the family connections.
Oct 21, 2013 6:27 PM

May 2012
While I absolutely adore this series, I have no idea what's happening.

Honestly, that might be why I like it so much.
Oct 22, 2013 12:35 PM
Oct 22, 2013 12:51 PM

Mar 2012
Yesss.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 23, 2013 9:05 PM

Mar 2009
neontaster said:
Here's the post I wrote. I tried to be as thorough and clear as possible but I can't be sure everything here is 100% accurate since we don't have all the info yet. Give it a look if you are confused.

Capital Confusion - A Guide to Kyousougiga
http://otakurevolution.com/content/capital-confusion-a-guide-to-kyousougiga

Very cool! And obviously a lot of work and effort went into that post. Thank you! Makes things much clearer for me.

Kyousougiga continues to be a series with a strong and genuine emotional pull. Family themes always work so well for me. Not only that, it's been doing an incredible job of explaining things now. Personally, while I found the original ONA entertaining and fun, it was just too confusing for me. Now that we're getting some explanations, and the strong emotional pull, it's actually one of the best of the season.

Too bad Crunchyroll never picked it up.
Oct 24, 2013 6:25 AM

Jun 2011
neontaster said:
Here's the post I wrote. I tried to be as thorough and clear as possible but I can't be sure everything here is 100% accurate since we don't have all the info yet. Give it a look if you are confused.

Capital Confusion - A Guide to Kyousougiga
http://otakurevolution.com/content/capital-confusion-a-guide-to-kyousougiga

Thank you so much for this guide; it makes everything very easy to understand. Waiting eagerly for episode 3.
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Oct 24, 2013 7:25 AM

Nov 2012
wow i'm really enjoying this series so far, even though (or maybe because) it's so mysterious and a bit hard to follow. and the visuals are awesome!
Oct 24, 2013 1:20 PM

Jul 2011
Well well... I guess animation was eventually saved, but not by Kill La Kill.

This anime knows how to deal with esthetics and silence. The reality/dream sequence with Sensei's throne was so marvelous and poetic I shed a tear when the music started to play.

I already loved the episode 0 and the OVAs. This is unique.
Oct 27, 2013 1:11 PM

Sep 2011
Sad seeing Inari cry. It's probably why he sleeps with his mask on.

I was thinking that old/first Myoue got younger and became Inari but they have different eyes. I also noticed that MC Koto and Inari have the same height in first episode so only MC Koto aged. o.O

Anyway, this series is fun and I'm looking forward to see more of it <3

EDIT: rewatched the first episode and old Myoue had the same red eyes. My mistake :P
joori_StrawberryOct 29, 2013 2:47 AM
pew pew pew
Oct 30, 2013 9:59 AM

Jan 2008
Kinda late to say this but hearing Kugumiya Rei not being a tsundere is fantastic.
Nov 5, 2013 5:17 PM

Jun 2012
Mother of god, Li'l Koto is cute as hell, rivaling Kon from Tokyo Ravens.

Kurini said:
and the head Priest's seiyuu will always be Franky everytime I hear his voice XD
Lol, I know right. I don't think it fits him very well though. >>
Nov 15, 2013 1:33 PM

Sep 2011
Ok its official, im downright in love with this show.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 23, 2013 4:57 PM
Mar 2009
D'aww, Koto as a kid was hilarious. Haha, quite the temper but she had the strength to back it up.

I'm really confused though. Myoue is Inari now? He seems to have grown younger too, which is really throwing me off. And what's Shrine supposed to do? Are they the same guys that wanted Myoue's family to move to the Mirror World? That was pretty vague.

Can't wait to find out what happened to Lady/Rabbit Koto and Myoue. And why they had to go back.
Nov 28, 2013 6:33 AM

Dec 2012
I officially love this anime and I don't care if I have to re-watch all of it to understand. I have a basic idea of who is related to who and how so far.

I also LOVE Rie's voice acting in this anime. It's so much better than all her other roles.
Dec 6, 2013 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
The hidden gem of this season, loving this sweet little tale.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 12, 2014 4:59 AM

Oct 2012
Nice OP
Nice past
I really love when Koto said ".... Aru~" xD

Myoue & Koto, are they siblings? Inari is their father... right?

Paul said:
Kinda late to say this but hearing Kugumiya Rei not being a tsundere is fantastic.

Sasuga, Tsundere no Ojou xD
Don't forget Kagura (a bit tsundere), Alphonse Elric, or Happy...
Even Queen of Tsundere isn't always voicing a tsundere :)
"Signature removed"
Jan 16, 2014 9:56 AM

May 2012
A more softer episode but it still had some lovely development so let's see what's next!
Jun 22, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Anime that I take for pure masochism, but also out of curiosity.
I have not seen the OVA, so it's the first time I see him.
Plot which has many unclear points, interspersed with time shifts, played very well in the narrative, which uses an OST cute.
Designs that can like it or not, according to their own tastes, discrete animations.
Oct 9, 2014 2:17 AM

Apr 2013
This is simply amazing. I'm in love with this show.
Jan 8, 2015 6:33 PM

Feb 2013
Little Koto is cute! Also a good chunk of this episode was footage used in the previous ONA's. That kinda sucks but at least there was plant of new footage.
Jan 24, 2015 1:25 AM

Jun 2014
there still so much i dont understand. But im loving what I can slowly piece together. I hope the action picks up again. I love watching Koto bash shit with a hammer!
Also, daughter Koto is probably one of my new favorite characters of all time.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 28, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2013
I can't resist the tiny Koto, just too awesome and adorable, and the bonding between Inari and her gives me the WAFs. My guess is that she's the reincarnation of Koto-sama aka the Black Rabbit. I'm still not sure if she's actually a stray or if Inari is really her dad, but the "check-up" was certainly worrying, and she has the inexplicable fighting talent. Inari could also be O.G. Myoue, he does have red eyes.
Nov 29, 2017 5:17 PM

Sep 2011
I think I got everything that happened so far. The only ones I'm not yet sure about are why Myoue became younger, and what is all this dimensional thingy Shrine.

For the first one, I have a feeling that when Myoue and Rabbit Koto came back they were somehow perhaps reincarnated in the future of their old world (since maybe that much time passed in the other world where they didn't get older). Though then their kid (Koto) being born during this time seems a bit weirder.

For the second one... I'm not sure. The Shrine probably became a dimensional police or an organization that's trying to keep the order in every dimension.

I hope we get answers for these later. Still, I already find this show very enjoyable, thanks to Koto especially.
Feb 23, 2019 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
This is a really unique and original series. It's juggling a lot of things and doing it in a way that's entertaining.
Jul 16, 2019 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
The way that this series is going I feel like we’re gonna get a bittersweet ending of sorts. ;-;

Smol Koto is just adorable! And is Inari really half fox?? If so when did the show establish this I feel lost
May 18, 2020 2:46 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I liked that the in depth look into the oldest brothers character and nice to see how they have handled things since it seemed the parents abandoned them.
Nov 26, 2020 2:17 PM

Aug 2017
Inari's name is not coincidental:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inari_%C5%8Ckami
Same for Katsura (Japanese tree) and Kichijōji (neighbourhood). Btw he was pointing at Koto's name at the floor x) It's written differently than Koto-rabbit's name though. Both Kotos have red eyes though.

The circle thingy used by Koto-rabbit to open a path to a new world in ep. 1 is also seen in the OP (which rocks and has a DNA sequence that will be relevant, I'm sure), among Inari's accessories, and in Koto's hand at the end.

Interesting scene at night. Different flowers. I wonder if they bear any significant meaning, or just used to tell the flashback with younger crybaby Koto from her older self. Anyway, it took her a long time to realize that Inari's her father! Also, did Koto-rabbit just disappear? Or fuse with Koto? Can Inari see her, or is it Koto's "feature"?

The rabbit was there during the meeting! And the whole place looked like a cradle. I also wonder whether "Myoue"'s scooter is a callback to FLCL x) UPD: Kyousougiga staff mentioned their love for FLCL in one of the interviews, iirc, so now I'm totally sure!

P.S. Notice how Koto called "Myoue" "oniisan" back in ep. 1, and referred to herself as "imouto" in the preview for this episode. Makes sense given that they're both "children" of Myoue, right? Or of his different versions...so the "secret" Koto was talking about = their relationship?
St0rmbladeDec 16, 2020 4:39 PM
Jan 18, 2021 9:48 PM

Jul 2016
Rebelhero said:
there still so much i dont understand. But im loving what I can slowly piece together. I hope the action picks up again. I love watching Koto bash shit with a hammer!
Also, daughter Koto is probably one of my new favorite characters of all time.

Such a bizarre mix. So glad this was suggested to me as really enjoyable so far.
Jun 22, 2021 6:15 AM

May 2020
Hmmm, this episode is a much more extended version of the first ONA episode. Also maybe I'm misremembering or maybe its a translation thing but in the scene Koto says she wants to meet her mom and ask her about her dad, I'm pretty sure she just says "I want to ask her about dad" not "I want to ask her about you". Maybe its a mistake on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed up the story a little bit.

This episode also has scenes from the original 2011 ONA, so its nice to get context for that scene.

Also, I haven't watched Gintama other than clips on Youtube but goddamn I cannot separate Koto from Kagura.
Dec 6, 2022 7:57 PM

Apr 2016
So this implies she's the rabbit lady or at least related to her.
Apr 17, 6:38 AM

May 2020
So the sensei is Inari i bet. Little Koto is the lost fox and my assumption, Inari named her Koto. Still vague but i get the point. Koto has come to another world that Yasu live, it gets interesting what's going on there.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

136 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

66 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

61 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

65 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2013

87 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.