Forum Settings
Forums

How do you meet people in irl through the internet?

New
Have ever made an irl friend through the internet?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 4, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2013
FrostedSilver964 said:
Anybody want to meet me IRL? It'll be fun. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I live in Cardiff, we are both male and roughly the same age. Why not?
わたしはりんごがすきです. あなた は バカ です :3

Nov 4, 2013 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
I have a friend on here. We live kinda close to each other, but we decided we probably won't have a chance to meet in real so we video chatted on Skype. I guess I trusted her enough to actually video chat with her. I don't easily say okay for video chatting with people, but voice chatting is alright. I have yet to meet an online friend in real life though, just video chatting.
InsanityNov 9, 2013 3:01 PM
Nov 4, 2013 2:40 PM

Oct 2013
I would love to meet someone from the Internet irl. Well that's if I'm really cool with the person after an extended period of chatting and skyping with the person.
Nov 4, 2013 9:19 PM

Feb 2008
I'm in a long distance relationship right now. 'Met' him through figure sites, hit it off, talked on Skype a lot, then he came up here to visit me. And then me down there to visit him, etc.

I've had other friendships develop online in similar ways. Talked for a long time online via Skype, forums, instant messengers, Facebook, etc. And then met at anime conventions, other events, or by flying to where they live or them to me.
Anime figure reviews:
Nov 4, 2013 9:35 PM

Oct 2013
I've met quite a few people I met on the internet, mostly online games on local servers in my younger days. Used to play basketball weekly with some guys I met playing ultima online back in the day. Also fucked a couple of girls I met online... one of which makes me feel shame, the other was gold though so I guess I'm breaking even on that one. I don't keep in touch with any of them anymore though so I can't say they were good friends or anything like that.
Railroad switch
Nov 4, 2013 9:39 PM

Dec 2012
No, that's how rape happens
Nov 4, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2013
"In irl"

I can't be the only one who noticed that...
Nov 4, 2013 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
Capricious_Smile said:
The internet is a dangerous place full of traps and trolls. I’m just wondering if you have ever made an irl friend through the internet and if so how? Also if you have any suggestions on how to safely meet someone via a unanimous forum it would be helpful.

I've met a total of 50 people from another anime forum.

And now, I'm meeting people who play Japanese Mahjong. Everything has been fine and dandy.

Would I meet anyone from this forum? No. Too many people here suck. Maybe the Fantasy Football types, but that's about it.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Nov 4, 2013 10:02 PM

Nov 2013
No, because UK and Finland are a bit far from me...
/人 ‿‿ 人\
Nov 4, 2013 11:00 PM

Oct 2012
I've actually met up with a couple people over the internet to buy certain things off them, or to sell stuff, and I met a few of my friends from the internet at anime conventions, I think it's cool meeting them at a public place, with alot of people, just don't bring them to your house, LMAO.
Nov 4, 2013 11:02 PM

Feb 2008
I have yet to meet someone through the internet.

I just don't have a fan base yet. If I get the ball rolling I might get a few at Con Bravo or Anime North.
I'll Never look back, I've got no regrets
'Cause time don't wait for me
I choose to go my own way

Click here to go to my review channel.

Click here to go to my music channel.

Nov 4, 2013 11:04 PM

Oct 2012
SonicMTD said:

I just don't have a fan base yet. If I get the ball rolling I might get a few at Con Bravo or Anime North.

Anime North.

^^^^My favourite convention ever (probably the only con i've been to. heheh)

I can't wait for next years... I just can't wait.
Nov 4, 2013 11:08 PM

Feb 2008
Tsuyuu said:
SonicMTD said:

Anime North.

I can't wait for next years... I just can't wait.

Well then see you this year! :D

Nov 4, 2013 11:10 PM

Oct 2012
SonicMTD said:
Tsuyuu said:
SonicMTD said:

Anime North.

I can't wait for next year's... I just can't wait.

Well then see you this year! :D

Will you be cosplaying this year?

I cosplayed for the first time at last year's anime north, went as the 15 year old lambo from KHR. It was fun.

I'm not sure what to cosplay as for this year's though.
Nov 4, 2013 11:13 PM

Feb 2008
Tsuyuu said:

I cosplayed for the first time at last year's anime north, went as the 15 year old lambo from KHR. It was fun.

Not sure. I've been told I do a mean David Tenant cosplay.

I primarily go as myself. I used to go just for game tournaments, now I just go to talk with like minded people.

Nov 4, 2013 11:17 PM

Oct 2012
SonicMTD said:
Tsuyuu said:

Not sure. I've been told I do a mean David Tenant cosplay.

I primarily go as myself. I used to go just for game tournaments, now I just go to talk with like minded people.

I actually stayed for quite a while at the games room.

Played a lot of "Just Dance 4."
Nov 4, 2013 11:22 PM

Feb 2008
Tsuyuu said:

I actually stayed for quite a while at the games room.

Played a lot of "Just Dance 4."

well either way, if you're going to be at Anime North this year gimmie a message. Till then I'm going to bed. Night.

Nov 4, 2013 11:37 PM

Sep 2012
Ntad said:
"In irl"

I can't be the only one who noticed that...

Shhhh
Nov 4, 2013 11:50 PM

Feb 2013
In real irl life, lol.
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Nov 5, 2013 2:35 AM

Nov 2012
I once met someone from tumblr after we found out we live in the same town. it was pretty awkward though.
Nov 5, 2013 9:15 AM

Feb 2013
silverwalls said:
I once met someone from tumblr after we found out we live in the same town. it was pretty awkward though.

Did you ever meet up again?

Nov 5, 2013 9:17 AM

Nov 2012
YuiLovesUi said:
silverwalls said:

nope, actually we never contacted each other again after that lol
Nov 5, 2013 9:19 AM

Feb 2013
silverwalls said:
YuiLovesUi said:
silverwalls said:

Was he unattractive and socially awkward?

Nov 5, 2013 9:42 AM

Nov 2012
YuiLovesUi said:
silverwalls said:
YuiLovesUi said:
silverwalls said:

it was a girl. and it wasn't dating-wise or anything like that, just to hang out ;)
idk, i guess we just didn't really get along
Nov 5, 2013 9:54 AM

Feb 2013
silverwalls said:
YuiLovesUi said:
silverwalls said:
YuiLovesUi said:
silverwalls said:

it was a girl. and it wasn't dating-wise or anything like that, just to hang out ;)
idk, i guess we just didn't really get along

Ah well, don't forget that there are millions of others out there anyway ^^

Nov 5, 2013 10:00 AM

May 2013
Yes, with my Ragnarok Guildmates. Took us 2 yrs of being friends until I get tempted to visit their place. They've pulled a real good and fun party when I was there. :D
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Nov 5, 2013 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
KyuuAL said:
Capricious_Smile said:
The internet is a dangerous place full of traps and trolls. I’m just wondering if you have ever made an irl friend through the internet and if so how? Also if you have any suggestions on how to safely meet someone via a unanimous forum it would be helpful.

I've met a total of 50 people from another anime forum.

And now, I'm meeting people who play Japanese Mahjong. Everything has been fine and dandy.

Would I meet anyone from this forum? No. Too many people here suck. Maybe the Fantasy Football types, but that's about it.

QQ :|
Nov 5, 2013 10:54 AM

Jun 2013
Met plenty of ppl i used to play Guild Wars with, all cool ppl really and i still stay in touch now with most of them.
Met most of them at gamescon mainly where a big group decided to meet up.

I also met my Girlfriend online ^^
Nov 5, 2013 11:45 AM

Jan 2013
A couple of times, as to how, mutial agreement, and a public place.
Nov 5, 2013 11:45 AM

Oct 2009
I once met this guy from craigslist. this guy from craigslist ran off with my $100 after i gave it to him in front of the building we said we'd meet. said he was selling Monster DVD box set. monster is my favourite anime and i cant find the dvds anywhere, and this guy said that he has a special addition from japan for 100 dollars.

i go to the meeting place, i give him the 100 dollars, and guy runs off as im checking package only to find that it's bootlegged

found out where he lived and ran up to him with my knife as he was walking around in his driveway

he ran like a bitch into his house and him and his homie were scared shitless and his homie was only wearing a thong for some reason.

so i stabbed all 4 tires on the SUV and drive away

1k damage

drove off but the sherifs came super fast to the scene (it was a neighbourhood)

as i was leaving three sherifs sped past me the other way toward the scene

i got off main road asap and parked in a park

i parked my car, got out and threw away the knfe in a bush, and started playing basketball to hide

Now think of what had just happened and I had an adrenaline rush off the charts!!!!!!

For some reason every single guy playing ball was a 5'4". I was taller than everyone playing.

Now if you knew me yo would know I have ball skills like garbage, but the fact that all these guys were smaller and i was on another planet of adrenaline and stress, i started just going crazy!!!!

Like 1 on 4 going so hard in the paint that nobody could stop me. I was muscling threw everyone left and right and i felt like a hulk amongst boys.

That was the most incredible performance in sports in my life.

Hours later I carefully drove home on the back rodes after dark
Nov 5, 2013 12:00 PM

Mar 2012
^you're a Monster
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 5, 2013 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
RandomChampion said:
text
Where have you been, anyway?
Nov 5, 2013 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
RandomChampion said:
Like 1 on 4 going so hard in the paint that nobody could stop me.
poetry
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Nov 5, 2013 8:56 PM

Feb 2013
I usually talk to them on Skype or Twitter for extended periods of time, and when a convention rolls around and we're both attending, we meet up. I've met plenty of people in real life whom I've met on the Internet.
Nov 5, 2013 9:09 PM

Nov 2011
I'm willing to meet any of you faggots, we could have some fun.
I luv u
Nov 5, 2013 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
There was this girl from Romania that I would talk to every now and then. I was quite interested in her. When she came to the States because of a job, we go to meet up and went out a couple of times.

Then I found out she had a boyfriend and broke off all ties with me because of him. Good times.
Nov 5, 2013 9:29 PM

Apr 2013
TravSavage said:
There was this girl from Romania that I would talk to every now and then. I was quite interested in her. When she came to the States because of a job, we go to meet up and went out a couple of times.

Then I found out she had a boyfriend and broke off all ties with me because of him. Good times.

Should just stay away from Internet relationships altogether. :P
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 5, 2013 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
TravSavage said:

Ouch, that's why I don't fall in love with foreign girls anymore, now I only care about having sex with them and nothing else.
I luv u
Nov 9, 2013 9:21 AM
Nov 2013
I've met three people online at cons and matsuri, it's very awkward because we're in cosplay
Nov 9, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
Im on my way too make a real life friend from internet
Nov 9, 2013 1:29 PM

May 2009
comic convention
Nov 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
I live in Thornton Heath, London. Who wants to meet?
Konbu is important
Nov 9, 2013 2:53 PM

Jul 2013
Usually a con or mutual interest event/exhibit. Or just agreeing to meet at a public place.
Nov 9, 2013 8:22 PM

Nov 2013
I only made one Internet friend into a real life friend. We live in the same country so we exchanged numbers and such. We haven't met yet but we're planning to meet in a concert on January.
今日の朝食はどうだった?
超ショック!!
Nov 9, 2013 9:44 PM

Apr 2010
I have met people irl through pretty much any internet medium. Be it gaming, weeb forums, or dating sites(we all have been lonely once, mercy pls). Generally you just get to know each other, whip out the skype, transition into texting, and then you go eat some mcnuggets and talk about dangan ronpa.
Nov 10, 2013 11:58 PM

Apr 2012
I've only ever met my online friends once IRL, which was at a convention recently. Typically best to meet them in public places unless you know them well.
Nov 11, 2013 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
After raiding in vanilla Wow for a year and a half with my first hard core and very tightly bound guild we feel apart when the burning crusade was launched. In the aftermath of the guilds collapse while we still had vent and waiting for the expansion launch we spent a day together just talking. We shared stories, some goodbyes (some tragic D=) and more things about us since we were so close and spent so much time together. One topic came up was about the constant raining where I lived, that's when my good friend online at the time said it was a strange coincidence that he had to exact same event occurring where he was. He asked me where I loved, I gave a state he said Wow! really I live there too. Then he asked town, I was a little concern and gave him my town and what do you know he lived in an adjacent town. Turns out he lives down the street from me (maybe 5-10 minutes away) and we never knew or talked about real life locations before. At least when we did one of us was absent form a raid and wasn't present to hear. After all that questing and raiding together we thought of each other as just guild mates and friends with the assumption that if things went south we could g quit and never have to see each other again.

Long story short, I bought 2 graphics cards on sale at the time building my new computer and had to sell one to recoup some of my loses, so we meet up and he bought my sapphire 4850 at the time. We hung out in my back yard and shoot the breeze for probably 3 hours while my brother tried to pull out a tree stump. Although we didn't hang out much after that due to distance grown and some problems with hobbies we talk every now and then. Sometimes I wish I went fishing witih him when he asked but perhaps we'll run into each other again.

Really knowing the person for a long time, talking with them a great deal especially though voice chat and most importantly trust is the main way to meet someone online IRL. Was one of the best memories I had from that wow guild.
TyconNov 11, 2013 12:24 AM
The self is because it believes it is.
Nov 11, 2013 7:16 AM
Nov 2008
I did so on foot.
Nov 11, 2013 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
I have never talked face to face with someone from the internet, and I'm pretty sure I never will.
Nov 11, 2013 7:24 AM

Jul 2012
I've met one friend IRL from the internet, back when I was 14, haha. But I was together with my sister and it all went pretty well.

Then in May I met my boyfriend IRL who lives in England. Best decision in my life, haha. Other than that, I don't really plan on meeting more people IRL from the internet, unless we're attending the same concert or something. :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - 34 minutes ago

2 by Rinrinka »»
3 minutes ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

36 by Mehwish_999 »»
15 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

33 by ryan77999 »»
18 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

307 by AverageRiceFan »»
49 minutes ago

» What's the best way to translate Yu-Yu-Hakusho's title

AlphaMaleScotty - Yesterday

8 by AlphaMaleScotty »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.