Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Oct 17, 2013 12:35 AM

8.3 for the first two episodes is damn good imo. Only Kuroko no Basket 2nd season has more score (8.8) than it from what I have seen. Magi has slightly higher score (8.35) Not many anime can get such an high score even if it is a 2nd season, so imo it's a great score as from what I have read and seen, we are not there to refrain yet. Just wait and see, when this show will end and if it stays true to the VN, it will surely get 8.5+

Oct 17, 2013 2:25 AM

DramaEnthusiast said:
I had sincerely hoped that this anime could elevate to the Clannad After Story's status, but due to the hypocrisy against Key and ''moe''-like anime in MAL, it would seem this series is already deemed to be garbage? I mean, in spite of most of the votes in the Episode Discussions being all 5/5 positive, and the anime not even being finished yet, the highest votes for the series is currently at 8/10, with 7/10 tailing not too far behind.

What gives? What do people have against the series? Is it just J.C Staff? I am really becoming agitated by the circumstances.

How is any anime only watcher going to form a decent opinion of Refrain (or any other series) based on 2 episodes? Not to mention 7 and 8 are good and very good, did you think After Story was a masterpiece after its first 2 episodes? I sure as hell didn't.

Also this is why I avoid the Refrain sub-forum, I'm tired of VN players constantly setting up terrible expectations for us anime only viewers by going "this will top After Story" and "prepare your buckets the tears won't stop." I won't go so far as to say it ruins the experience, but that's why I don't take any of those expectations seriously - it is only going to set this series up for failure if it makes one sub-masterpiece move.

Oct 17, 2013 2:28 AM

What an amazing thread.

I have a guarded hope Refrain is good. Honestly, even without J.C. Staff's... iffy execution on the prior arcs, I kind of thought those routes were underwhelming compared to Clannad's.

I just don't wanna be let down by the VN player hype is all. Here's hoping.

Oct 17, 2013 7:24 AM

Ratohnhaketon said:

Also this is why I avoid the Refrain sub-forum, I'm tired of VN players constantly setting up terrible expectations for us anime only viewers by going "this will top After Story" and "prepare your buckets the tears won't stop." I won't go so far as to say it ruins the experience, but that's why I don't take any of those expectations seriously - it is only going to set this series up for failure if it makes one sub-masterpiece move.

This

Plus i just avoid the episode discussions until ive watched them all myself, so all the VN players hype doesn't get to me xD

Oct 19, 2013 10:56 AM
Tr1ckR said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

This

Plus i just avoid the episode discussions until ive watched them all myself, so all the VN players hype doesn't get to me xD

Personally, i feel really bad for the anime only viewers who are left with this non-sense. Yes i am one of the VN players who holds this VN is high regard and simply cant stand the adaptation that has come about from the anime. Im under the firm belief that LB! could never have been animated in the first place in a way that clannad or kanon could. This anime will not turn out to be an 8.35 at the end of it all, by the end i doubt it will even be a 5. I wont hype up JC staffs garbage but i also don't have a full on vendetta against JC staff nor am i a kyoto animation Fan boy ("cough" k'on "cough"). I dont think that this anime had a chance even if it was animated by the "great" kyoto animation. The form and forumlae of the anime relies way too heavily on the VN formate of Non-linear story telling for it to work in a linear story environment. I remember not but a few years ago when asked about a LB! anime a few key employees said it was Impossible. even after seeing what JC staff tried to do, I still hold firmly in this belief.

Oct 19, 2013 11:09 AM

Draakisback said:
Tr1ckR said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

This

Personally, i feel really bad for the anime only viewers who are left with this non-sense. Yes i am one of the VN players who holds this VN is high regard and simply cant stand the adaptation that has come about from the anime. Im under the firm belief that LB! could never have been animated in the first place in a way that clannad or kanon could. This anime will not turn out to be an 8.35 at the end of it all, by the end i doubt it will even be a 5. I wont hype up JC staffs garbage but i also don't have a full on vendetta against JC staff nor am i a kyoto animation Fan boy ("cough" k'on "cough"). I dont think that this anime had a chance even if it was animated by the "great" kyoto animation. The form and forumlae of the anime relies way too heavily on the VN formate of Non-linear story telling for it to work in a linear story environment. I remember not but a few years ago when asked about a LB! anime a few key employees said it was Impossible. even after seeing what JC staff tried to do, I still hold firmly in this belief.

*sigh* It's posts like this that make me sad to be one who played the VN.

For the anime only viewers, I dunno how you'll view the series. I wouldn't even the say the visual novel is a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination like everyone makes it out to be. It is a fun piece of work though so hopefully you guys are enjoying the anime adaption as much as I am. Also if you enjoy what you've been given so far, you'll probably enjoy the rest possibly even more.

Oct 19, 2013 11:11 AM
An anime only viewer on another forum guessed the secret right... so we don't have to worry about them not getting it.

Oct 19, 2013 6:28 PM
my biggest issue with this anime isnt that i played the VN and loved it (which i did.) Or that the anime was changed from the VN to accommodate the format, which it was. My biggest problem are the issues with budget that are now arising because the first season wasn't as good as it could have been. And no this isn't just a opinion because had the first season been well received we would have a 2nd 26 episode season of refrain.

Unfortunately, this show is on the path to being another angle beats! or Air, both of which are not horrible animes but they dont feel as good as they could have been. (Personally, I didn't even like the air VN so i cant say more about it.) Angel beats! still has its loyal fans and thats great, i enjoyed parts of it as well, and look forward to the VN release. But we all know about the budget cuts that led to it being only 13 episodes dispite having a huge cast of characters and a pretty deep world to explore. The problem with LB! is that most anime goers are not interested. This upsets me being a dyehard fan of the original VN. Thats all i think any of the VN fans are trying to express.

Many times through out the first season of LB!, i asked my self what would i think had this been my first exposure to the franchise? This never happened when I watched both Kanon and Clannad. In turn, it makes me wonder, what do most anime only fans think of LB! and what kind of impression is this show making? Is it going to deliver the same emotional resonance that the VN did? Very few things have made me (a grown man) cry that hard. I do so hope it does but I have my doubts as anyone would. Look at the Fate/stay night anime... Many people hope that they will eventually redo it because they regard it as a bad adaptation of the VN. I feel exactly the same about what is currently thus far LB! (at least the first season.)
Modified by Draakisback, Oct 19, 2013 6:31 PM

Oct 19, 2013 8:38 PM

Who cares what MAL thinks? If you like the show, that's good. If someone else doesn't, oh well.

Oct 19, 2013 11:31 PM

KeyIsLove said:
Who cares what MAL thinks? If you like the show, that's good. If someone else doesn't, oh well.

A good way to look at things, I mean as long as you enjoyed it right?
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]