Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2013 5:51 PM
Jul 2013
I had sincerely hoped that this anime could elevate to the Clannad After Story's status, but due to the hypocrisy against Key and ''moe''-like anime in MAL, it would seem this series is already deemed to be garbage? I mean, in spite of most of the votes in the Episode Discussions being all 5/5 positive, and the anime not even being finished yet, the highest votes for the series is currently at 8/10, with 7/10 tailing not too far behind.

What gives? What do people have against the series? Is it just J.C Staff? I am really becoming agitated by the circumstances.
00002019Oct 15, 2013 5:59 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 15, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2012
8 is garbage?
Why wont you watch it yourself and form your own opinions for once
Oct 15, 2013 5:59 PM
Jul 2013
egnaro315 said:
8 is garbage?

Maybe garbage was too harsh, but I believe the correct word should have been mediocre. It disappoints me how it didn't rocket 9s or 10s though.
Oct 15, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
Only 2 episodes have aired and from what ive seen 8 is perfectly reasonable and we havent even reached the actual refrain yet (maedas part)
Oct 15, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2013
8 is not mediocre, that would be 5.
Oct 15, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
Just wait until the the Refrain arc starts.
There are a lot of people who have yet to rate the anime (myself included, and a lot of VN friends of mine) because they're not sure how they'll handle Refrain.

An 8.3 is a fast improvement considering we've had two episodes that haven't actually done a whole lot for Little Busters.
We aren't even at the end of Kurugaya's arc, let alone are we acutally in "Refrain"
We've had the comedy and animation stepped up a lot, but Komari/Kud/Haruka haven't been completely eliminated from the show yet.

The discussion is also full of VNfags like myself, and you'll know from last year that the ratings were also pretty high, and then they always died down once the regular anime watchers came in.
Once shit gets serious, I'm sure it'll go up.
A lot of people are defaulting to the same rating as season 1, or a rating higher at the most.

My trust isn't completely in JC Staff yet, especially with the amount of episodes still being uncertain.
Just wait until LB!:R is actually over before you make any sort of claims about the community rating it.
It has one of the lowest popularity amounts of the season because of its prequel, and it hasn't even ended. The data doesn't mean $hit yet.

DramaEnthusiast said:
egnaro315 said:
8 is garbage?

Maybe garbage was too harsh, but I believe the correct word should have been mediocre. It disappoints me how it didn't rocket 9s or 10s though.

And did you even read the VN, or do you think that Kurugaya's story arc is actually part of the "Refrain" that us VN fans have been hyping up?
I still think this arc may top anything in Clannad season 1, if it's done well next episode, but this isn't "Refrain" yet.

Just a side note:
Are people on /a/ corrupting your views of Refrain?
There have been a lot of shitposters on there recently, because people are so quick to denounce anything from JC Staff, and don't preemptively think can't live up to expectations, and don't like the changes that have been made.
As an ANIME, it's succeeding right now, in my opinion.
It's not sticking to the VN exactly, and it's becoming a bit more natural and believable because of that.
Vladz0rOct 15, 2013 6:13 PM
Oct 15, 2013 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
well there's only 2 episodes of the anime so far, I doubt there would be many people that would rate it 10 from the start

and if you look at other new anime this season, Refrain has a higher score and rank than seemingly popular new anime like Kill la Kill, Kyoukai no Kanata, Golden Time and Infinte Stratos 2~

you just have to wait until the series ends before you can tell how popular it's gonna be, for all we know this show could bomb and get an even lower rating than the first series (doubt that will happen though xD)
Oct 15, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
smilewolfy said:

and if you look at other new anime this season, Refrain has a higher score and rank than seemingly popular new anime like Kill la Kill, Kyoukai no Kanata, Golden Time and Infinte Stratos 2~

This^
The only things beating it are the two sports anime: Hajime no Ippo: Rising, and Kuroko no Basket s2.

Considering how they've kept Little Busters more consistent this season, I think it'll go far. We'll see just how far it'll go once they show Kurugaya's ending, when they announce an episode count, and when they do their first pivotal scene for Refrain arc ,"CHEAP TRICKS!!" (though I know it occurs in Rin's route, it's part of Refrain)
Oct 15, 2013 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
smilewolfy said:

This^
The only things beating it are the two sports anime: Hajime no Ippo: Rising, and Kuroko no Basket s2.

Considering how they've kept Little Busters more consistent this season, I think it'll go far. We'll see just how far it'll go once they show Kurugaya's ending, when they announce an episode count, and when they do their first pivotal scene for Refrain arc ,"CHEAP TRICKS!!" (though I know it occurs in Rin's route, it's part of Refrain)

Honestly, we really haven't seen enough yet to really judge. I don't think there is much bias involved yet, we'll see as the show goes though.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 15, 2013 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
Just be patient.

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Oct 15, 2013 7:14 PM

Aug 2008
Don't worry about it, it's just a website ranking. Getting all worked up about this stuff (or even being concerned with this stuff at all) is an endless and pointless cycle.

If you enjoy it that's all that matters.

hyperknees91Oct 15, 2013 7:17 PM
Oct 15, 2013 7:15 PM

Oct 2011
DramaEnthusiast said:
I had sincerely hoped that this anime could elevate to the Clannad After Story's status, but due to the hypocrisy against Key and ''moe''-like anime in MAL, it would seem this series is already deemed to be garbage? I mean, in spite of most of the votes in the Episode Discussions being all 5/5 positive, and the anime not even being finished yet, the highest votes for the series is currently at 8/10, with 7/10 tailing not too far behind.

What gives? What do people have against the series? Is it just J.C Staff? I am really becoming agitated by the circumstances.

I've got a better question.

Who fuckin cares!? :D
Oct 15, 2013 7:16 PM

Nov 2011
Out of curiosity,about how long does it take on average to complete the entire Refrain arc?
Oct 15, 2013 7:18 PM

Aug 2008
Stark700 said:
Out of curiosity,about how long does it take on average to complete the entire Refrain arc?

Depends on your read speed.

On auto read I'm guessing 5-6 hours, possibly 7 at max.
Oct 15, 2013 7:26 PM
Apr 2013
Geez... You almost gave me a heart attack. I sincerely thought the series had been confirmed for 13 episodes because that announcement would definitely be equivalent to LB: Refrain is bad to MAL again.
Oct 15, 2013 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
MCAL said:
Geez... You almost gave me a heart attack. I sincerely thought the series had been confirmed for 13 episodes because that announcement would definitely be equivalent to LB: Refrain is bad to MAL again.

But it is 13 episodes long :/
"I've always seen failure as a possibility, but never as an option."
vndb||Serumeito Twitter||Discord: Bunny of Wrath#3201
Oct 15, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
RagingWhitebunny said:
MCAL said:

It's not confirmed.
Also, it looks like the CD for Boys be Smile is coming with a 2nd opening song, and I doubt they would make 2 openings for a 13 episode series.
Oct 15, 2013 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
Vladz0r said:
RagingWhitebunny said:
MCAL said:

It's not confirmed.
Also, it looks like the CD for Boys be Smile is coming with a 2nd opening song, and I doubt they would make 2 openings for a 13 episode series.

Whether it's confirmed or not, it is hard to deny that the rate at which the pacing of this adaptation is going is evidence to a 1 cour.
"I've always seen failure as a possibility, but never as an option."
vndb||Serumeito Twitter||Discord: Bunny of Wrath#3201
Oct 15, 2013 8:26 PM

Oct 2012
Lol the refrain arc has not even started yet and its the beginning of the series. People are rating it 8 (Which btw is not garbage) Because they dont want the series to get over rated like kuroko no basket season 2 or attack on titan.
it is actually rated extremely well for the 2nd episode and is not being put down at all.
Oct 15, 2013 8:40 PM

Sep 2012
RagingWhitebunny said:

Whether it's confirmed or not, it is hard to deny that the rate at which the pacing of this adaptation is going is evidence to a 1 cour.

True, they're running through the heroine arcs at a quick pace as they traditionally have.
They're slowing down the pacing for Rin's route though, it seems, and i still have hopes it will go past 13 episodes.
Regardless, most people watching don't even know how long it's going to be, and it doesn't really affect the rating, which is what this thread is about.
Oct 15, 2013 8:42 PM

Aug 2012
Well, 8 is not a bad score. And considering that this series as of now has 2 episodes out when Kurugaya's arc is not yet even finished, no one would rate this as 10 (except if it is biased or a complete fanboy). Besides, it's one of the highest rated ongoing anime this season so I don't see why you're so worried.

I'll be worried if we are already on the actual Refrain arc with the same statistic. :)
Oct 15, 2013 8:44 PM
Jul 2013
Define "bad"

And the main reasons knowing you OP as to why you think this is bad is because fucking KyoAni didn't get the job and JC Staff is doing the dirty work to make OP cry.

Edit: And you don't even have the regular series or this series on your fucking watching list so make more shallow judgment please.
dratlamOct 15, 2013 8:55 PM
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Oct 15, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
julyan04 said:
Well, 8 is not a bad score. And considering that this series as of now has 2 episodes out when Kurugaya's arc is not yet even finished, no one would rate this as 10 (except if it is biased or a complete fanboy). Besides, it's one of the highest rated ongoing anime this season so I don't see why you're so worried.

I'll be worried if we are already on the actual Refrain arc with the same statistic. :)

Isn't it finished though? I mean that's where her path ended in the VN.
Oct 15, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Not sure what VN you read...
Oct 15, 2013 9:54 PM

Sep 2012
hyperknees91 said:
julyan04 said:

Dude.. go back and read the VN again xD
Oct 15, 2013 9:55 PM
Jan 2012
Vladz0r said:
hyperknees91 said:

reached a bad ending in a route. "finished" the route.
Oct 15, 2013 10:21 PM

Feb 2013
Synclicity said:
Vladz0r said:
hyperknees91 said:

Not necessarily a bad ending. Just not the "true" end.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 15, 2013 10:22 PM

Oct 2010
LB hasn't changed its formula, which is why you might be observing this. There are a few things in the first two episodes that people would ding off points for; (1) the mood shifts, (2) the abrupt romance, (3) the short bullying sequence, etc. And Kurugaya's route is overall just weird on your first viewing. So don't expect ratings to blow up. People are still sour over the first season.

I really want the Boys Be Smile full version already, haha.

Vladz0r said:
when they do their first pivotal scene for Refrain arc
Probably want to put that whole part in spoilers.

Oct 15, 2013 11:04 PM

Sep 2012
shirayuki75 said:
LB hasn't changed its formula, which is why you might be observing this. There are a few things in the first two episodes that people would ding off points for; (1) the mood shifts, (2) the abrupt romance, (3) the short bullying sequence, etc. And Kurugaya's route is overall just weird on your first viewing. So don't expect ratings to blow up. People are still sour over the first season.

Vladz0r said:
when they do their first pivotal scene for Refrain arc
Probably want to put that whole part in spoilers.

The romance seems abrupt, but people forget how Kurugaya's love was kinda hinted in s1 http://imgur.com/a/F8Ujl
Maybe people thought it was jokingly, but those scene were still there ;3

The bullying scene was a pretty bad plot device in both the VN and the anime, and they managed to mask how sudden it felt for most people by making it over the top with Kurugaya's reaction to it.
The mood shifts weren't too bad in episode 2.
It seemed mostly fine. The beginning was continued seriousness from the previous episode with the narcolepsy, then it delved into Kurugaya's playful character, following up with the Love-Love Hunters fun stuff, which was a setup for the more serious night time fireworks.

The bullying though, I admit, was pretty rushed, and I felt it was going to have issues even after just seeing Part A from the pre-air. The bullying was rushed, but Kurugaya's explosive emotions were explained, and part of her route completion in the VN.

Kurugaya isn't weird o-o
Kurugaya has been widely liked from what I've seen.
Oct 15, 2013 11:44 PM

Sep 2011
You guys shouldn't really take DramaEnthusiast seriously. Or maybe just because you guys never lurked AD even once especially his Key WITH KyoAni worship threads.

BasedToki said:

And the main reasons knowing you OP as to why you think this is bad is because fucking KyoAni didn't get the job and JC Staff is doing the dirty work to make OP cry.

Edit: And you don't even have the regular series or this series on your fucking watching list so make more shallow judgment please.

It's pointless. He never even played any VNs by Key or at least just LB so he can complain whenever the fuck he wants if adaptation-wise but no. This discussion is no contest.

Oct 16, 2013 12:36 AM

Aug 2011
I remember OP calling Little Busters! a flop before Refain started airing.
Oct 16, 2013 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
For all we've seen it seems that it will be a 13 episodes season. Well it's not confirmed yet but...Also Kurugaya's arc will end at ep 3 and it seems that they intend to make Rin2 (without Rin1, Rin1 doesn't exist to J.C Staff) following the end of Kurugaya, which can be seen in the last ep in which we saw how they added a...strange? Drama related to Rin being jealous (which, obviously, doesn't happen in the VN).

Refrain is by far better than After Story, but J.C Staff is by far worse than KyoAni. Well, it's not finished yet so we have to wait before saying anything that's not guessing xD
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
Do you know the secret of this world?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"-Magus
"What are two halves? One Fren Da"
Oct 16, 2013 1:35 AM
Jun 2011
apau said:
For all we've seen it seems that it will be a 13 episodes season. Well it's not confirmed yet but...Also Kurugaya's arc will end at ep 3 and it seems that they intend to make Rin2 (without Rin1, Rin1 doesn't exist to J.C Staff) following the end of Kurugaya, which can be seen in the last ep in which we saw how they added a...strange? Drama related to Rin being jealous (which, obviously, doesn't happen in the VN).

Refrain is by far better than After Story, but J.C Staff is by far worse than KyoAni. Well, it's not finished yet so we have to wait before saying anything that's not guessing xD
i think they will slow the pace a little in rin route and will not rush it
Oct 16, 2013 1:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
elior1 said:
apau said:

problem is if it's one-cour, then the less they rush Rin2 the more they have to rush Refrain
Oct 16, 2013 2:09 AM
Jun 2011
HaXXspetten said:
elior1 said:
apau said:

problem is if it's one-cour, then the less they rush Rin2 the more they have to rush Refrain
the only thing we need to do is wait if they will announced it will be 2 cour or not
Oct 16, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2012
Refrain better be 24-26 episodes or I will throw a fit.

Anyways, a score isn't too important, and 8 is actually pretty high, all things considered so far.

I'm more concerned with people who think season 2 will be much the same as season 1 and therefore don't give it a go. I mean, it's a Key story, of course there's a true route...

But hopefully Refrain will be done well, and everyone will suddenly realise that LB was the best anime of the season/year, and watch it. Yeah, that's probably not gonna happen...
Oct 16, 2013 8:36 AM

Aug 2008
shcboomer said:
Synclicity said:
Vladz0r said:
hyperknees91 said:

I thought you could only get the true ending after refrain...o.O

Unless the guide I was reading messed me up or something....and yeah it did...no wonder I was so disappointed!
Oct 16, 2013 8:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
hyperknees91 said:
shcboomer said:
Synclicity said:
Vladz0r said:
hyperknees91 said:

I thought you could only get the true ending after refrain...o.O

Unless the guide I was reading messed me up or something....and yeah it did...no wonder I was so disappointed!

err well there is a bit of a bonus scene you can find if you play through refrain for a second time if that's what you're referring to
Oct 16, 2013 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
The Bad End that he's referring to is actually the "Normal" End. The Normal End is when you beat Kurugaya's route for only the first time.

Oct 16, 2013 9:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Tennouji_ said:
The Bad End that he's referring to is actually the "Normal" End. The Normal End is when you beat Kurugaya's route for only the first time.

oh that part

yeah quite frankly if you're just casually playing the game with no external information it's not that strange if you'll miss out on a few scenes in the game, there is a lot of somewhat hidden scenes throughout
Oct 16, 2013 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
elior1 said:
I think they will slow the pace a little in rin route and will not rush it

What worries me most for now is whether or not ep6 will suffice for all the important, emotional events that are supposed to happen there (you know what I mean). Once ep6 is over, the most important stuff will be pretty much done, so it won't matter as much whether they rush the rest of the route or not. If they rush it, Rin route will be over after ep7. If they don't, it will end with ep8. So it's really just a difference of 1 episode.

Personally, I think they will rush the rest of Rin route. Though it would dull the impact of the Rin route itself, they'll have more time for Refrain that way.
Oct 16, 2013 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
8.28 is garbage? Wut?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 16, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2012
People still take op seriously I see.
Oct 16, 2013 4:14 PM
Jul 2013
Tennouji_ said:
You guys shouldn't really take DramaEnthusiast seriously. Or maybe just because you guys never lurked AD even once especially his Key WITH KyoAni worship threads.

BasedToki said:

It's pointless. He never even played any VNs by Key or at least just LB so he can complain whenever the fuck he wants if adaptation-wise but no. This discussion is no contest.

Please, when I say LB's VN Is loads better than Clannad's, I mean it. I'm also one of the few that thinks JC Staff did a terrific job with this project, studios such as Shaft or elsewhere could have made it loads worse animation-wise. Excuse my subjectivity but just gonna make my point as a minority fan.

Pathetic how some people think a studio is determinant of what makes an anime good or not. DE doesn't know his shit, so that's why no one takes him seriously.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Oct 16, 2013 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah, most studios/producers wouldn't have even started trying that hard for season 2. Other VN adaptation budgets, save for the few that are well-funded and become memorable, are pretty bad. LB s1 did have a bad budget though, but at least plot points weren't ultra condensed and made into montages of scenes or something.

I'm just waiting to see until this week's episode, and until an episode count confirmation. Some of the scenes have already been better executed than a most of what I've seen in Clannad, despite it not having KyoAni's kind of budget.
Oct 16, 2013 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
BasedToki said:

Please, when I say LB's VN Is loads better than Clannad's, I mean it. I'm also one of the few that thinks JC Staff did a terrific job with this project, studios such as Shaft or elsewhere could have made it loads worse animation-wise. Excuse my subjectivity but just gonna make my point as a minority fan.

Pathetic how some people think a studio is determinant of what makes an anime good or not. DE doesn't know his shit, so that's why no one takes him seriously.

But he's unaware of any slightest good points because:

1. He never played the VN(But this shouldn't be his problem).
2. The studio that he worships which is KyoAni didn't handle LB but JC Staff so he doesn't actually care on LB.
3. He hates JC Staff for some unknown stupid reason so he's being fucking judgmental and just being blind to the good points.

Anyway, seems he's ignoring this topic and he's being ignorant as fucking always.

Besides, he's too biased on any Key+KyoAni combo and if someone(JC Staff) ruined that combo, he's going to act like "KyoAni should handle it and only KyoAni should handle all of the Key works".
TennoujiOct 16, 2013 6:23 PM

Oct 16, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2012
And seriously, this series already has an ~8.3 when barely anything has happened?
Kurugaya bullied some people, there's comedy, fireworks, and some kind of time loop, and it's already at an 8.3.
If people didn't already read the source material, weren't hyped up for Refrain, or aren't noting the improvements in animation by comparing it to the previous blunder season of Little Busters, I don't think this would have over an 8.0.

The core of it is in Refrain, and if they decide to give it a non-retarded amount of episodes so that Rin and Refrain can be paced well, it'll easily surpass 8.5 once the Refrain arc starts.
Oct 16, 2013 6:57 PM

Feb 2010
I have it at 7 right now which is 1 higher than the first season ended up getting. 7 is good. Clannad AS got an 8 from me, which is great. Where is the problem?
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 16, 2013 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Where is the problem?

OP himself.

Oct 16, 2013 10:10 PM

Oct 2010
Vladz0r said:
Kurugaya isn't weird o-o
Kurugaya has been widely liked from what I've seen.
No, I love Kurugaya! Her route is confusing at first glance, though.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.