Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2013 11:21 AM

Jan 2012
She is an extremely dumb character. They try to make her cute using the moe artstyle chunnibyou used but SHE IS NOT CUTE, she looks like some ragged glasses wearing girl that never showers, I am sorry but I have no idea what the mc sees.

2nd they try to dramatize her situation somehow with the cursed bloodline thing and how she apparently killed someone but it is not working at all. She randomly stabbed someone before even knowing they were immortal and now she wants to talk about how she killed someone before?

I am considering dropping this show just because of this character, the whole show feels like an attempt to be similar to chunnibyou but failing, idk why but it feels like that.
Oct 15, 2013 12:06 PM

Jan 2012
Forgetfulness said:
huehue93 said:
She is an extremely dumb character. They try to make her cute using the moe artstyle chunnibyou used but SHE IS NOT CUTE, she looks like some ragged glasses wearing girl that never showers, I am sorry but I have no idea what the mc sees.

2nd they try to dramatize her situation somehow with the cursed bloodline thing and how she apparently killed someone but it is not working at all. She randomly stabbed someone before even knowing they were immortal and now she wants to talk about how she killed someone before?

I am considering dropping this show just because of this character, the whole show feels like an attempt to be similar to chunnibyou but failing, idk why but it feels like that.
Then drop it. Not everyone wants to hear your whining

And also, there's a thread for this already

If you didn't want to hear me whining then don't bother replying, its that simple
Oct 15, 2013 12:09 PM

Dec 2012
No.
Oct 15, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2010
huehue93 said:
Do it.
Oct 15, 2013 12:26 PM
Oct 2012
huehue93 said:
If you didn't want to hear me whining then don't bother replying, its that simple

The error with your argument there is that we already heard your whining in just reading your post, our replying has nothing to do with hearing your whining, it just prevents additional whining.

And you whining is off. Mirai knew that the MC was a Youma before she stabbed him. That she can sense Youma was confirmed in the second episode when she first went to the soul trading store. She has no real issues with killing Youma, as her battle with the Youma head showed. She meant to kill the MC the first episode, but when she discovered he was immortal, he became her favorite practice target instead.

Her trauma in killing was because she killed a human (probably while trying to kill a youma), and this is what she can't forgive herself for. This trauma hasn't made her doubt her mission, what it did was to make her doubt her judgment (and self worth). My guess is when she killed a human the human looked back at her and it is this vision, seeing the moment of death, that is haunting her. That is why she can't look at the youma she is killing, she doesn't want to see that moment. She was hunting the MC because he would never experience that moment and she was hoping to desensitize herself to that feeling.

But the main impact on her wasn't even this fear, it was the damage inflicted to her self worth. Her entire life was predicated on being a killer, in short in being like the Youma. The only way people can justify it is that they are killing in self defense of other humans. So that she killed a human has, in a way, lowered herself to the Youma's level, i.e. made her unworthy, which is why she doesn't want to associate with fellow humans. She doesn't think she is good enough to hang out with humans (or Youma she views as humans). This ties into her appearance. I don't think she cares a whit for how she looks (or smells), she has given up on all that.

Plus it has been shown that she has an even more aggressive setting. I have the distinct feeling that when she removes her ring she becomes a bit like a berserker, or more to the point a vampire (in that using her power causes anemia, she would need some way of replenishing herself, this would be why the other families believe that this is "cursed blood"). I think we will find that she killed the human during this mode, so this is also something that she is worried about.

So in short, most of your concerns have been answered, what hasn't been answered has certainly been suggested with foreshadowing, so my suggestion is to chill out. It has only been two episodes.
Oct 15, 2013 4:14 PM

Jan 2012
Forgetfulness said:
huehue93 said:
Forgetfulness said:
huehue93 said:

What the fuck kind of logic is that?

Are you suggesting that I replied before I read your bitching? Okay then...

I think its pretty much clear from the title that this post is be complaining about something.
Oct 15, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
woah...second thread like this

poor Mirai orz

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 15, 2013 7:09 PM
Oct 2012
huehue93 said:
I think its pretty much clear from the title that this post is be complaining about something.

There is a world of difference between complaining and whining. I am all for people complaining about shows, indeed I have been known to point out things about shows that I do not like (even if I like the show): but one should state what they don't like without personalizing it. If you don't like the female MC then say I don't like her for x and y reason, but no one in world cares if you are thinking about dropping the show. That is when you crossing from complaining to whining.
Oct 15, 2013 7:10 PM

Jun 2012
please, don't duplicate threads:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=675651

Oct 15, 2013 7:17 PM

Oct 2011
She probably smells like lavender and tastes like magic.
Oct 15, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
DEMOLITION_D said:
She probably smells like lavender and tastes like magic.

wut xD

Oct 16, 2013 11:33 AM

Dec 2011
I find this heroine named Kuriyama Mirai is extremely unlikeable
Oct 16, 2013 11:42 AM
Aug 2011
Please drop this show, go away, and take your stupid threads with you.
Oct 16, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2012
Mirai might be a terrible character but I am stuck between dropping and staying because, backstory aside, Akihito acts just like Kyon.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Oct 16, 2013 12:44 PM

Jun 2011
huehue93 said:

First of all, I don't feel like they're trying hard to make her moe. Indeed, her design is moe, her character is ditzy, and that's cute, but I don't feel that they're trying hard. Want a few example of trying hard? First of all, Yusibu (the short form of Yuusha... whatever the title's too long), look at that childish manager and you get your "trying too hard". Miss Monochrome, Outbreak Company, and there are many more which I am too lazy to remember. This feels kinda natural in comparison, taking in consideration that it's KyoAni's style.

Second, I've explained about this in regard of her trauma in another thread, you might want to take a look.

Third, hmm actually if you want to drop it, then drop it. No one cares enough to pursuit you to watch it, and drop what you don't like, because there is no point in watching a show that's going to irritate you the whole way through.

And lastly, coincidentally, I just started playing Ace Attorney recently, and you have Phoenix's picture for your avatar ^^ That's a really good game.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 16, 2013 2:53 PM

Jul 2012
I agree with you. I'm okay with her character design but her voice* makes he sound like another moeblob and how she acts also gives off that impression. Also, yeah, the melodrama with her "I killed someone" story is really overdone, not in a good way. I expected something darker at least, but then again, it probably wouldn't fit with her character. I'm still going to watch this show for the plot though.

*I like the voice actor as other characters like SSY's Saki, but when she voices Mirai, it just makes her sound too "cutesy"
Oct 30, 2013 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
Yeah I dont really like Mirai but will I drop this show? Hell to the no!
Many other characters in the anime are so worth it.
Nov 3, 2013 1:27 PM
Jan 2011
Yea she is a terrible and annoying character. What a terrible female lead. I rather have Mitsuki take her place.
Nov 7, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2012
You don't like her?? She's in my top favourite character list you know .
Nov 7, 2013 12:30 PM

Mar 2008
But then the other characters aren't better, either.
Nov 7, 2013 12:48 PM
Aug 2012
Doesn't really matter whether people like her or hate her, she is still a bad and annoying character. I stopped taking her seriously when she was "afraid to take the life a monster looking shade" but had no problem practicing on a "human looking shade" and stabbing him everyday without any good explanation. She had to be saved by Mitsuki again in later episodes. She is just a hypocrite despite all those past trauma.

But what does it matter??? People here like cute dumb female characters and hate all male protagonists.............at least that how i see it in MAL.

Nov 7, 2013 1:29 PM

May 2011
I don't like her too to the point of dropping this, but it is KyoAni so yeah, I'll stay :p also I'll stay for this black haired chick ^^
ma_koNov 7, 2013 1:56 PM
Nov 7, 2013 3:31 PM

Mar 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

But what does it matter??? People here like cute dumb female characters and hate all male protagonists.............at least that how i see it in MAL.

That is definitely not true though, E.g. http://myanimelist.net/favorites.php?type=characters - top 9 consists only of males

I do agree that there are an awful lot of people that care more for character design (aka how cute or attractive a certain char. is) than the actual personality
Nov 7, 2013 8:32 PM
Aug 2012
precious said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

That is definitely not true though, E.g. http://myanimelist.net/favorites.php?type=characters - top 9 consists only of males

I do agree that there are an awful lot of people that care more for character design (aka how cute or attractive a certain char. is) than the actual personality

Well that restored some of my faith in humanity......thanks. But when i go into threads and see main characters (guys especially not cute dumb girls) getting bashed for even trying to act human or even trying to talk or hell simply because they are harem mcs, i can't help but think what new fans are becoming. I don't hate female characters unless all they have as a trait is their cuteness and stupidity but this one sided treatment is of male mcs getting annoying.

Nov 7, 2013 10:36 PM

Dec 2010
I'm watching this show for Mitsuki, but Mirai is a nice bonus IMO. Especially in the latest episode, all three girls were really moe and cute.
Nov 8, 2013 12:18 AM
Apr 2012
To be frank, I don't see Mirai as being the problem, but the other way around. Akihito is a generic LN main combined with poorly-written manzai comedy fodder, and Hiro'omi is two characters instead of one - his serious side and his stupid side are too dissimilar to belong in one character, so it always feels like he's going OOC. And Mitsuki feels like a lame attempt at copying Daria, but without Daria's charisma and wit; so in the end she's just an edgier flavor of the typical tsundere.

Mirai is the nuanced character here, and Akihito could shine just as brighter if it wasn't for the fact that KyoAni is abusing tropes.
Nov 8, 2013 2:42 AM

Nov 2012
precious said:
But then the other characters aren't better, either.

this. i can't bring myself to care about any of the characters, which is one of the problems i have with enjoying this show. :/
Nov 8, 2013 7:34 AM

Aug 2008
Mirai's a discriminatory nutjob who only cares about herself and her fuckin blog

I care for the dreamshade characters(Ayaka and Ai). Minority power black panthers Malcolm X BOOYAH
Nov 8, 2013 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
huehue93 said:
She is an extremely dumb character. They try to make her cute using the moe artstyle chunnibyou used but SHE IS NOT CUTE, she looks like some ragged glasses wearing girl that never showers....

wut? in the latest episode she showers atleast 5-6 times
Nov 10, 2013 6:34 AM

Apr 2013
I don't get the arguments here. What wrong with someone disliking a character?
Nov 11, 2013 11:10 PM
Oct 2013
Glad to see I'm not the only one who felt her "moeness" was too forceful. She started off as trash tier but has since become slightly tolerable. MC has that Aoki Massaru levels of attraction going on.

This would anime would be so much better if Mitsuki was the main heroine. Here's to hoping they get together but I'm getting vibes suggesting otherwise.
Nov 11, 2013 11:42 PM

Oct 2013
Forgetfulness said:
huehue93 said:
Forgetfulness said:
huehue93 said:

What the fuck kind of logic is that?

Are you suggesting that I replied before I read your bitching? Okay then...

Haha, I just had to quote this cause I was LMFAO
Nov 12, 2013 11:22 AM
Jun 2012
Pknoctis said:
I'm watching this show for Mitsuki, but Mirai is a nice bonus IMO. Especially in the latest episode, all three girls were really moe and cute.

same here love mitsuki, mirai is fine but not someone i would like as a main character.
Nov 12, 2013 11:35 AM

Oct 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Doesn't really matter whether people like her or hate her, she is still a bad and annoying character. I stopped taking her seriously when she was "afraid to take the life a monster looking shade" but had no problem practicing on a "human looking shade" and stabbing him everyday without any good explanation. She had to be saved by Mitsuki again in later episodes. She is just a hypocrite despite all those past trauma.

I don't think they hate all male protagonists but their tolerance for ditzy Moe characters and even outright love of them never ceases to amaze me.

I also really don't get why Mitsuki is so popular. She's done pretty well nothing whatsoever in the story than engage I'm throwaway banter with the cast that serves zero purpose. I mean yeah she LOOKS like the kind of aloof dark haired girl that is usually interesting, but they just haven't really done anything with her character to make her noteworthy or even well defined as one. To borrow from Red Letter Media can anyone describe Mitsukis traits, personality, outlook, aspirations in any way most can agree upon that doesn't involve what she looks like and what she does for a living?
PeacingOutNov 12, 2013 11:40 AM
Nov 12, 2013 11:48 AM

Dec 2012
ITT: How dare people like characters that I hate or find bad.
Nov 12, 2013 11:52 AM

Oct 2011
Glasses are overrated anyways, Like Nagato Yuki looks so much better without glasses. I don't like glasses I think she should remove her glasses
Nov 16, 2013 2:07 AM

Mar 2008
tsudecimo said:
ITT: How dare people like characters that I hate or find bad.

the thing is, they don't have much of a personality so I don't really view them as a character.
There's nothing new to be found in this anime so far, except for nice visuals and music
Nov 21, 2013 6:50 AM

Aug 2007
Maybe is silly and a dumb, but is normal in anime putting girls like Kuriyama. I don't hate her.
Nov 21, 2013 7:22 AM

Feb 2012
parfaited said:
Please drop this show, go away, and take your stupid threads with you.

HAHAHHAHA. Major Slap in the face. My Exact same sentiment/s after reading your attention-whore post. Lmfao.

I've got an advice for you: Go outside and travel to Japan. Then, Make your bitching, complaining and whining there or whatever that is.

She's not that of a great Character but still tolerable. I'd rather have Mitsuki as the Main female lead though.
Jan 17, 2014 5:33 PM
Jan 2014
YOU.ARE.SO.FUCKING.RIGHT

SHE'S JUST SO STUPID!
Jan 17, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't like her either, but I didn't drop just because of that. She got annoying at times, but most anime or should I say all have at least one character no one likes. Even if they're a minor character, but I'm not going to drop the show because of them.
May 7, 2021 4:27 AM
May 2021
I don't really think that she is annoying but... stabbing someone right at the start is a bit annoying and I think that Mitsuki Nase is more annoying than her.
May 27, 2021 7:56 AM
Apr 2020
I think all the characters in kyoukai no Kanata are bad.
May 27, 2021 8:00 AM
Apr 2020
xsilicon9 said:
Yea she is a terrible and annoying character. What a terrible female lead. I rather have Mitsuki take her place.
agree. SHE IS THE ONLY DECENT CHARACTER IN KYOUKAI NO KANATA. ಠωಠ
May 27, 2021 8:02 AM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
"She randomly stabbed someone before even knowing they were immortal and now she wants to talk about how she killed someone before?"
Oh. My. Gosh! I've been saying that ever since I watched that show!
Ahem. Sorry, I'm just happy to see someone else agrees. I'd say definitely drop it. The story is terrible anyway, IMO and Mirai is literally my least favorite character in all of anime

EDIT: Just noticed this topic is 8 years old. Whoops, lol

SetsunaZ said:
I think all the characters in kyoukai no Kanata are bad.

Same, lol
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jul 21, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2020
gino_san said:
You don't like her?? She's in my top favourite character list you know .

Me too, she's one of my favorite character. but everyone free to express opinion.

~Originally Modified and Edited by Mark_016~

Aug 13, 2021 6:57 AM
Aug 2021
I replied this too late but this is true.

First, she said that she afraid of killing youmus because of Yui's accident in the past, but she stabbed Akihito in their first meeting without knowing he's immortal or not, and do that for a long run after. Such a hypocrite snowflake.

Secondly, she is too arrogant when she told Sakura that Sakura stood no chance of defeating her. Even if she was truly unable to do so, Mirai, especially in a battle and was closely killed by Sakura last time before Akihito came and stopped her, definitely wouldn't say so; Unless she was and is too arrogant to realize that.

Thirdly, her ability is NOT so special as depicted in the story. Blood is one of the most mundane things. Compared to youmus, which is created from hatred of human, she logically can't even hit them let alone defeat them. Just assume that it can because Spirit World Warriors have hemokinesis ability like her possess divine bloodline, there's no chance of defeating the Hollow Shadow since it have no body and veins also, even if it's just an illusion that Hollow Shadow created. This illogical storyline helped Mirai proved herself as a hypocrite, arrogant and even over-fantasize-about-her-"special"-ability once more time successfully. Congratulations, Mirai. You should have been killed by Sakura sooner, unfortunately, Sakura is not a deuteragonist but you.

Ok, that's all my hatred for Kuriyama Mirai. You can criticize me whatever you want.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

537 by fnafjeremy »»
Jan 12, 9:02 AM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.