Forum Settings
Forums

Spoiler alert! Your reaction when some characters died.

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 17, 2008 9:00 AM

Sep 2008
animeangel83 said:
When L died, I was really shocked. O_O Although he is my second favorite character, seeing his death was really depressing. I sulked around during the next couple of episodes.

And Light... I cried. Seriously. Evil never wins but I grew attached to his character somehow. He was just... Light. ;_;

I really hope that you dont grew attached to Light"s character a lot :P
Oct 17, 2008 6:02 PM

Jul 2007
I was so mad when mello died xD
Nov 5, 2008 4:09 PM

Jul 2008
-.-
i was HAPPY when light died...
actually, at 1st, i was like: "WTF!!!"
but, i got over it
i was glad dat Ls death was avenged
n im VERY depressed 2day bcuz its Ls bday
TT^TT
so sad
so sad
*major sobs*
Nov 7, 2008 10:49 PM
Oct 2008
omggg, this was only 2 days ago..so many

wen L died:
omgg, L died?
wat? whose's gonna fight Light?
haha, she killed him XD

wen light died:
OMFFFG!! NO WAY!!
stupid Near!
WTF did he HAD to right on that page! there's PLENTY more ppl!!!
NOOOO, watta waste of hotness T____T *CRIES*
Nov 11, 2008 1:23 PM

Oct 2008
L's Death: totally expected, nothing to be surprised about

Light's Death: also expected, it is not okay to end the anime with Yagami Light as the God of the new world

Rem's Death: also expected, pretty obvious that would happen

Mellos' Death: he deserved it, who cares..

Kiyomi's Death: Mikami should be executed over it
Nov 28, 2008 1:16 PM

Jan 2008
When L died I went mental.
Unfortunately, I was staying at my friends house for the night when we watched it so, lucky her, she got to hear me ranting and raving about how much of a bastard Light is.I was just like "Ana, he...he comes back to life ,right?" and when I found out he didnt I felt really depressed. Who else will be such a challenge for Light? Near didnt quite pull it off. Although I miss L, I suppose its a good thing he died because it was more interesting to watch from then on.

Hehehe, but when Light died I just couldnt help laughing like an evil maniac.
I found it hilarious! :) But still, Light is cool and I kinda feel sad, despite my reaction.
Dec 3, 2008 8:16 AM

May 2008
L death: was truely sad

Light death: was F up
Dec 3, 2008 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
L's so called "death" (as a member of the "L fangirl alliance" I REFUSE to believe he really died):
*L suddenly stops* Me: ...............
*L slowly falling of his chair* Me: Nonononononononononono!!!!
*L hitting the floor* Me: This ... can't ... be ... happening ...
*Light pretending to be shocked* Me: YOU MOTHERF*G BASTARD!!!
*L closing his eyes* Me: *sob* *sob* TT.TT
*A week after* Me: I'm gonna kill you, Kira bastard!

Matt's and Mello's deaths: Wait ... should they really die so soon? Especially Matt?

Light's death:
First reaction: WHAT?! O_O
Second: Hmm, kinda sad ...
Last: Oh ... wait ... HELL YES!!
Dec 3, 2008 2:59 PM

Oct 2008
Again, member of the L fangirl alliance: L didn't die AND L actually exists and needs to be brought to me, where we shall dine on cake and love. XD
I read the manga first, and wandered around in a daze for the rest of the month upon L's *wince* end. But I didn't recognise my love back then.
When I watched the anime, I had already started crying because I saw the extra scenes in that episode and thought them beautiful, especially in the face of what was about to happen. When the scene itself occured, I stopped crying altogether, and watched with a mixture of horror, farewells and loss. THEN I cried for a few hours. Oddly enough, that episode is particularly wonderful in showing L to be the beautiful person that he is.
Dec 22, 2008 5:35 PM

Oct 2007
When Watari died in the movie, i was like "Damn big lost!"
He left L alone. T_T so sad.
Jan 2, 2009 6:33 AM

Dec 2008
When Naomi Misora died that was a big shock to me, I really thought she was cool (and fit) I just kept thinking she would somehow come back and a be a central character in the series...as she was the only cool female character in the series....well until Wedy showed up....man loved her catsuit....and as you can tell i was even more upset she was killed off too....!

L dying...oh man was that the page that made me sit up and re-read and re-read again again...(fantastically portrayed in the anime...musci stopping, slow motion...!)...just couldnt believe it....at first i thought he was faking as a way of capturing L.....angry that he got killed off, yes, and thats what makes this series great.....deep inside everyone loves it when a lovable hero dies, waiting for someone to take revenge....ok maybe just me....
Jan 18, 2009 10:56 AM
Sep 2008
Unfortunately I didn't have the luxury of being surprised by L's death since it was spoiled for me, so I can't give a genuine reaction. My thought at the moment though was that it looked beautiful, manic happiness that Raito had accomplished it, and slight sadness because of their whole friendship dynamic. The manic happiness overrode that, though.

When Raito died, I sobbed more than I ever have in reaction to a fictional piece. I sometimes cry slightly, but never to this extent. I kind of surprised myself. XD Basically I broke down into huge sobbing fits while he was running. I didn't really want to cry because my friend was in the room, but she came over and comforted me. ; ; I just sat there with my little headphones, dying of water loss. XD

It was a beautiful ending though. Long live Kira.
Jan 22, 2009 2:51 PM

Dec 2008
When "L" died.. im like HECK NO! RaWWrG!!
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Feb 11, 2009 8:11 PM
Feb 2009
Light's death is expected.. but the moment he died, I'm quite sad because that's to say the story has ended..no more brain challenging moments. And L's death is rather early..haiz, but I really hope certain point in time he would be alive (?) but that's impossible
Feb 16, 2009 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
When L Died:

I read the manga first and they play his death slightly different but the anime version was better. I was like, no fucking way! This shit is crazy! Can Light do that? Are there really 5 more volumes after L's death. Let's keep reading.

When Light died:

genius, sheer genius. Talk about an epic end. Matsuda goes crazy on his ass! Mikimi shanks himself! It was amazing. Ryuk writes Light's name in right in front of his face while light is begging for him to kill Near. The end to an amazing story.

Criticker|Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,|Last.fm
the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Feb 18, 2009 3:53 AM

Jun 2008
L's Death: Ummmm i didn't really think he was dead at first i though it was one of his plan's to find out if light was Kira
i was expecting hi to appear in the last episode or something

Lights Death: I actually really didst want light to die
since L was gone Light was the only character I liked so
the end was sad for me

i wish Near died!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Masaaki&sclick=1][/ur
Feb 12, 2010 10:42 AM

Dec 2009
Ls Death:
Uh....what. He's not gonna wake up going "you wish, *****!"
Aw, man.

Lights Death:
NOOOOOOOOOOO! HOW? WHAT?
Thats just tragic.

Uh..just for your information...L was my favorite. I hated Light.

Feb 13, 2010 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
L's death:
Firs I was stunned, in my mind there was one thought "HE DID IT!!!" and as this awesomely made scene(anime) kept going I couldn't stop smiling, and as the episode was ending I recalled one quote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkT4vAJnJls

Light's death:
I threw a book in the monitor and said something like "ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!", I was angry at Mikami for his epic fail and I couldn't belive that this little brat Near won. And for the next weeks I thougth only "F***, why did Light have to freak out and be killed in so uncool way!".
Jun 22, 2010 6:51 PM
Apr 2010
I cried when L died D:
Nov 10, 2010 11:53 AM
Jun 2010
When L died I thought:
How is it possible for a main character to die?or is it a joke?
poor L...He just couldn't prove that Light is Kira...
you shouldn't have died...
Light, you did it!

When Light died:
I saw L's soul and was about to cry (or did I?)
Whether you killed L or let him live you would be dead...hahaha
but I was sad since his true purpose was a peaceful world...
Nov 10, 2010 8:39 PM

Jun 2010
just finished reading L:Change the world last night.
i cried. and cried. and cried.
*grieving*
L-sama's last moment are so beautiful. Poetic, actually.
*blows nose*
Nov 12, 2010 10:56 AM

Mar 2010
L died = cry ^^
Nov 12, 2010 1:08 PM

Nov 2006
When Lawliet died I was in shock. I mean, he's such an awesome character...the greatest detective in the world...and they killed him? Sure it was great for the plot, but I was sad. He's my favorite out of all the Death Note characters. I was even sad when Watari died because even to the point of death he did everything he could to be loyal to Lawliet.

I know Matt was a minor character and wasn't on the screen much, but I really actually liked him and his laid-back attitude. So I was pretty sad when he was killed off too. T_T The same goes for Mello. He plays a bigger role than Matt and while I thought he was somewhat weird and his methods cruel...there was something about him that I liked and I was sorry to see him die as well.

Interestingly enough...and I don't know if other people have mentioned them...but I was very upset when Raye Penbar and his fiance Naomi Misora were killed by Light. I thought they were a great couple, really devoted to each other and their jobs and it was devastating for me to watch Raye be killed and then see what Naomi went through. I kind of was able to connect because I couldn't imagine what I would do if my boyfriend (soon-to-be fiance) were killed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2010 6:15 PM

Jun 2010
ivorykeys said:
When Lawliet died I was in shock. I mean, he's such an awesome character...the greatest detective in the world...and they killed him? Sure it was great for the plot, but I was sad. He's my favorite out of all the Death Note characters. I was even sad when Watari died because even to the point of death he did everything he could to be loyal to Lawliet.

I know Matt was a minor character and wasn't on the screen much, but I really actually liked him and his laid-back attitude. So I was pretty sad when he was killed off too. T_T The same goes for Mello. He plays a bigger role than Matt and while I thought he was somewhat weird and his methods cruel...there was something about him that I liked and I was sorry to see him die as well.

Interestingly enough...and I don't know if other people have mentioned them...but I was very upset when Raye Penbar and his fiance Naomi Misora were killed by Light. I thought they were a great couple, really devoted to each other and their jobs and it was devastating for me to watch Raye be killed and then see what Naomi went through. I kind of was able to connect because I couldn't imagine what I would do if my boyfriend (soon-to-be fiance) were killed.

Good thing Light died in live-action first. XD
CreonNov 12, 2010 11:06 PM
Nov 13, 2010 3:56 AM

Oct 2010
"Good thing Light died in live-action first. XD"

Of course, L is f**king awesome, I can't believe he died....

L died
Consequences>> Screams and tears and lot of "S**t,What a F**ing son of a ****,nooo!!"
Mental,and fisical performance downed a lot
Social Exclusion
Depression
Anime World Exclusion(not for very long)

Raito/Light died
Consequences>>Very similar of L's dead's consequences...
" F**king Ryuuku,you're motherf****,no!!!!"
Dec 7, 2010 9:26 AM

Jun 2008
-Raito/Light Yagami/Kira/Kami/God-
One of the greatest characters that will ever exist dies=world ends.
I stopped eating for a few days. I still feel sick when I think about it. I.hate.Near.So.Fucking.Much.
That aside, anime ending>manga ending. The latter was patethic and disgusting, while the anime ending was sweeter and softer, even though I hate them both.

-L/Lawliet/Ryuzaki-
Best death scene in Death Note. I also loved the Raito+L scenes before L's death, they were so nice and touching. Not that I wanted L to die, but it was necessary.

-Lind L. Taylor-
Random but hot, lol.

-Naomi Misora-
Such an unlucky woman. Even though that scene of her and Raito was amazingly done, I wasn't happy that she died, I liked her a lot.

-Raye Penber-
Orly? He was pretty stupid after all.

-Ukita Hirokazu-
...Who cares.

-Wammy Quillsh/Watari-
...Really, who cares?

-Reiji Namikawa-
Great, they killed my favorite Yotsuba character (more like the only decent guy of the Yotsuba group). Thank you very much. No, seriously, he's way too hot to die.

-Higuchi Kyosuke-
Ewww, go rot and die, you horrid human being.

-The other Yotsuba men-
Shingo Midou was handsome. Don't care about the others.

-Tierry Morello/Aiber-
Not a fan of this guy, but I felt sorry for his family.

-Merrie Kenwood/Wedy-
Not a fan of her either.

-Rem-
Fuck yes, die. *eyes shining*

-Soichiro Yagami-
Poor daddy, he didn't deserve to die, he was a good man.

-Matt/Mail Jeevas-
Oh no. Why so little screen time for such a cool character, I wonder?

-Mello/Mihael Keehl-
yay, that goddamn chocolate holic died. :-D

-Kiyomi Takada-
Such a tragic death scene. I felt extremely sorry for her.
I was pissed off with the authors for killing her in such a cruel manner.

-Mikami Teru-
When they said Mikami died in prison, I obviously felt sad for one of my favorite characters, but I also kinda was expecting it to happen.

-Misa Amane-
Yeah, it's almost 100% sure that she committed suicide, and that's better than nothing, but I really wanted to see her die of a violent death. It still makes me rage how they treated so gently one of the worst female characters ever created.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Feb 5, 2011 8:15 PM

Apr 2010
Don't get me started on L....

But with Matt and Mello...I wanted to kill someone. They should not have died, poor babies.

I didn't like that Soichiro had to die. He was a good man.
Didn't like that Raye and Misora died. They kicked ass.

Really no one deserves death.....

But Light Yagami's death?
*insert diabolical laugh* P.U.R.E Beauty.
I loved it.
Praised it.
Danced around when I saw it.
It was lovely.
The manga makes it...whew, man.
I got off on his death like he gets off writing names in the DN.
It was nice.
very nice.
Have I said that already? xD
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Feb 5, 2011 8:17 PM

Apr 2010
and when Wammy died. I was pissed as well.
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Apr 14, 2011 11:45 AM

Apr 2011
When L died i was like
YUSH YOU DIED !!! YISH YISH YISH !!!!!!!!!

When Light died.....
retired from anime.....(but got back after watching darker than black and code geass)
Apr 20, 2011 12:16 PM

Mar 2011
I knew eventually L or Light would have to die it turns out
May 6, 2011 8:01 PM

May 2011
When Whammy died, I knew within two seconds that L was too.
I wasn't really sad when L died though but I basically had no emotion when Light died.
Sep 3, 2011 7:54 PM

Jul 2011
L:

... Wait...
Is he..
No..
No.. Light, you bastard..
*sobs*

Light:

NO, MATSUDA WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
NO LIGHT RUN AWAY! SURVIVE! COME ONE!
Oh God he's dead..
Oh God.. Ryuk.. Why..
Oh my..
He's dead.
Well what the fucking ever, I'll just go kill myself then!
Sep 25, 2011 8:20 PM

Dec 2010
Mm... the deaths that affected me most were L, Mello and Matt, in that order. Although L wasn't my top favorite character (Mello is) I still liked him, or I guess I really *admired* his abilities and insights actually... I was really rooting for him and wasn't even aware of it till he died.

L:

I wish I could say I didn't see that coming...
;--;
Ah man, what will happen now? Who will take over the case ...?
Somebody needs to SERIOUSLY book Raito and his boy-band haircut now.
That part about the bells ringing - man, that was depressing as hell.
Oh... the melancholy of it all....

Mello:

...Wait WTF. [At first I don't understand the how or the why. I just don't get it. It's a slap in the face :I]
... DAMN. [This is where I register the how and the why, and it pisses me off that Near lives unaffected.]
:'(((
That was unfair.
Pointless. POINTLESS. Mm... why did that have to happen!
Why do all of my favorite characters die again... ?

Matt:

OH.
THAT WAS QUICK...UM. YES. SAD?
Very sad, actually.
I feel weirdly sad about this person.
And how there was no second chance for him and his awesome sense of style.
AND WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU JUST PLOW THEM ALL DOWN WITH YOUR CAR.
;A;
Oct 23, 2011 11:50 PM
Jul 2010
L's Death: OMFG NO O___o
Light's Death: HAHAHA YOU DESERVE IT
Jul 6, 2012 11:30 AM
Jul 2012
L's death i was sad

Light's death glad he's dead.
Sep 30, 2012 9:50 AM

Feb 2012
L's Death: Well the premise was "The winner is true justice" and it seems that it was light...

Light's Death: MIKAMI WHEN I FIND YOU I KILL YOU!!!!! not with the death note but with my hands... light would have won if it wasn't for mikami.

the first ending was great - not because of L's death but because of how light planned everything... but just when near and mellow came death note became a litte less awsome...
"The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."

Sep 30, 2012 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
L died, *me crying*
Light died, *me smiling*

simple.
Oct 10, 2012 4:17 PM
Oct 2012
I was impressed that they would actually kill L but they had to; if they had keep him alive, it would have seemed forced and awkward. Being able to run a series after killing 1) your antagonist and 2) one of your main characters just goes to show how brilliant an author Tsugumi Ohba is.

Also there were only two ways to end the series 1) Have Light win 2) have him die. I have no hard feelings about Light dying but I do know this: the journey was far better than the destination.
Oct 13, 2012 7:21 PM
May 2012
When L died:

"Oh wow! This is brilliant! He'll somehow get Light to reveal himself this way!"
"...Okay! Now get back up!"
"...Why isn't he getting up..?"
"L GET UP"
"L"
"L THIS ISN'T FUNNY NO STOP"
"*gross sobbing*

When Light died:

"Oh."
"Oh. Light's dead."
"*feels like someone just set a large weight on my chest*"

----------------------------------------

For a while, I was sort of in shock, and I didn't react at all. However a couple days later, I decided to rewatch the final episode, and from the point of were Matsuda shot him, I was violently sobbing. I seriously could not stop crying, and I didn't stop for freaking hours. It was a bad night.
I still get that feeling, (the one like someone is setting a large weight right on my heart), everytime I watch the last episode.
Dec 8, 2012 2:57 AM

May 2012
When L died, I was like wtf???? why so early but now i understand ;)
When Light died, i was sad because it was the end of death note D:
When lights father died, I died inside D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2013 1:15 PM

Oct 2012
when L died, i fell from my chair and i broke my classes.
lol
Mar 5, 2013 3:57 AM
Dec 2012
Watari's Death:
Me: "huh?! Whats going on?!"

L's Death:
Me: "HOLY CRAP NOOOOO PLEASE.... DONT DIE ON ME L, DONT DIEEEEEE!!!!!!" *crying*

Light Father's Death:
Me: "Ah who cares?" (I know thats a bit harsh but its my true feeling)

When Ryuk wrote Yagami Light on the death note:
Me: "What!? Why Ryuk?? WHY??!!"

Light's Death:
Me: "Oh man!! First L and now Light!? Ah well i guess L won in the end... Good Job L!!"
Mar 10, 2013 5:34 PM
Jan 2013
L's Death:

I was very sad when L had died, I loved his character. Although, I have to say I did not cry, I might have if you had seen a little more of L's emotional aspect.

Matt's Death:

The only reason I am including Matt's death in my reply is because when I first heard about the character Matt, I thought he would have a much bigger part, he has many fans. I was very shocked when he died so quickly, barley having 2 minutes of screen time altogether.

Light's Death:

I was most affected by Light's death. Even though I knew it had to happen in order to make things right, I was disappointed. Whether it was because it meant the end of the show, or whether because I had liked Light's character --- I'm not sure. But Light's death was the only death I had cried at.

*I chose to write about these 3 characters, because they are the only ones I had a strong reaction to. As for the other characters, they were not developed enough for me to have an opinion.*
Jun 26, 2013 5:54 PM
Oct 2012
L's death:
When L died it was sad but made me more interested about what was going to happen...even though I didn't really like Near and Mello.

Light's death:
When Light died I couldn't help but feel some what sorry for him but at the same time happy because the war finally ended! Some people say they didn't like the ending but to me it was a masterpiece.I mean it showed at the end how Light got a little to confident thinking he won and not being as cautious as before and making a mistake which caused his down fall. And also it was cool getting to see Light going super insane at the end... that just gave me chills! But I would like to have seen what would of happened if Light would of won :)

I <3 DEATH N0TE!!!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Did L know his death was coming?

KuroAshiSanji - Jun 22, 2012

13 by Koshi_the_Cat »»
Jul 23, 2023 4:15 PM

» what do you think if light had grew up in wammy's house along with L

suryanshkalia - May 4, 2021

3 by Koshi_the_Cat »»
Jul 23, 2023 10:27 AM

» Is this club still active?

Izarara - Dec 18, 2016

4 by FloRathalos »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:50 AM

» Favourite Death Note Character? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sasukexchan - Nov 23, 2007

268 by D1EGO-A_64 »»
Jun 15, 2022 2:25 PM

» What do you think would've happen if Death Note had an alternate ending?

TheAnimeExplorer - Nov 9, 2015

4 by User-Name »»
Nov 14, 2021 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.