Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Walking under the rain~

Decent episode. I loved the OST and Nadeko and her usual self this time. Oh and that's a nice little gadget she has in her hands. Holy shit. My mouth dropped when I saw Araragi in blood under the rain and when Nadeko attacked.

Oct 12, 2013 8:34 AM

Mar 2010
That supreme yandere Nadeko dayo.
That end credit mousou scene.

The best episode so far.
Oni next in the line.
Oct 12, 2013 10:19 AM
Dec 2012
WOW Speechless. Is Nadeko going to fight against all of them? Araragi, Shinobu, Senjogahara, Hanekawa, and Kanbaru? I chuckled when she was easily coaxed by Senjogahara. Cute. Her delusion thingy was well-conceived.

Story, execution, visual, VA...everything was brilliant as always.
Oct 12, 2013 10:28 AM

Sep 2012
For a minute there I thought they weren't going to do the final chapter! Then I noticed there was still 2 minutes left after the ED. So it begins!

Awesome, awesome... awesome!

Onto Oni! In two weeks...
Oct 12, 2013 10:55 AM

Nov 2012
Ah SHIT! this is it! this is what I'm waiting for..
damn I having goosebump just seeing this
pikeman1 said:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/1385060_661609930530231_2137233360_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/64220_1389997687903576_206844010_n.jpg

shit nadeko.. you are killing me from inside!

GRR>.< really need the SUB!

AFTER WATCHED THE EPISODE WITH FUCKING SUB!!!
HOLLYY SHIT!! damn NADEKO what are you DOING?! damn SHIT just getting real now.. this is what I'm waiting for a long time :3
SHIT.. Goddamnit.. it is so painfull seeing shinobu get stabbed like that.............. NADEKO! -_- really hate her now :/

and next episode.. new arc isn't? new arc?! damn this is it!!
YokamotaOct 15, 2013 4:11 AM
Oct 12, 2013 10:59 AM

Apr 2013
Ah, back to the classic Araragi. Been a while since I've seen him get beaten badly, which wasn't that hard to watch imo since it used to happen so often lol. But seeing Nadeko continuously attack Shinobu when she was on the ground was difficult to watch.

Great episode. Still loving this season as much as I did when it started. Never fails to impress me.
Oct 12, 2013 11:06 AM

Jul 2010
Full on yandere Nadeko. I have to admit it was a little uneasy seeing Shinobu getting stabbed over and over again offscreen.
Oct 12, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
What a great execution to finish off this arc. 5/5 Can't wait for the "final battle" in koimonogatari and the upcoming oni arc >.<

Once again I have to get that OST as soon as possible. And it was nice and interesting to get a pumped remix of the opening song at the end of this arc, rather than a slower/piano version like the previous ones.

Another recap as expected next week... seems like it's going to cover nise according to the past two. Wonder how they're going to implement the toothbrush scene in that recap..
Oct 12, 2013 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Daisuki seems to have gone more or less full retard in this episode. They're dropping the Japanese pronunciation of words in parentheses as if to say "There is wordplay here. Must figure out how to translate. Meh, fuck it, they can figure it out themselves."
Oct 12, 2013 1:22 PM
Dec 2012
Dang, should have waited for another week. I thought the Nadeko arc finished >_>
Oct 12, 2013 1:25 PM
Feb 2012
fucking psycho nadeko, shinobu got pwned, was hard to see that, even hear (most of it was like that anyway)

i need subs
i need subs
i need subs
i need subs
Oct 12, 2013 1:56 PM

Mar 2010
DrCakey said:
Daisuki seems to have gone more or less full retard in this episode. They're dropping the Japanese pronunciation of words in parentheses as if to say "There is wordplay here. Must figure out how to translate. Meh, fuck it, they can figure it out themselves."

I have been avoiding myself from reading subtitles when it comes to Monogatari.
So far crunchyroll's has the best subtitle variations, other fansubbers were just awful, and I cannot comment on Daisuki's (if they did any) as I didn't watch theirs.
Monogatari does contains a lot of wordplay from episode to episode (every book to be precise). It is really hard to translate those as they are not really suitable and fit to be translated into any language, including English. Some of them are pure wordplay and some of them are Japanese idioms.
... And if you are talking about the words written in most of the colored cut-frames, the kanji character used are mostly not the exact kanji to be used to write those sentences, though this wordplay is not caused by Nisio himself but it is still SHAFT's decision to do so. To read those in such a little time is pretty hard, they are flashed in seconds... some are flashed in ticks. Most of casual audiences of those without any Japanese basics would not understand this problem.
Again, most of wordplay in Monogatari are better off to be left untranslated or it will just messed up the whole point.
Oct 12, 2013 1:57 PM
Nov 2010
That preview was just ahh so good and I absolutely LOVED the battle theme remix of the Op in the preview man i was just getting goosebumps from it
Oct 12, 2013 3:01 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, Shinobu finally getting a little punishment for saying harsh things to the "cute" brat. One of the best episodes so far, and Senjougahara: epic entry, timing of call and great conversation, you really are the best. The. best.
Best part is her telling Nadeko she doesn't like cute brats. XD

Also yeah, the OP remix in the preview was great!

Oct 12, 2013 3:14 PM

Aug 2012
the trailer for the conflict after graduation was probably my favorite part of the episode along with the phone conversation between sengoku and senjougahara. I never thought that nadeko would end up this bat shit crazy she was always a weirdo but now she's just a selfish psycho bitch. i guess she's banished from koyomi's harem now lol
Oct 12, 2013 3:19 PM

Nov 2012
Sengoku Isn't cute anymore this shit is just plain scary.
Oct 12, 2013 3:41 PM

Sep 2012
Episodes like this are why Mono is my favorite series.
Oct 12, 2013 3:44 PM

Feb 2012
Well that's one good happy ending.

Koyomi the offocial punch bag of Monogatari lol.

Recap incoming.
Oct 12, 2013 4:13 PM
Oct 2010
hpulley said:
For a minute there I thought they weren't going to do the final chapter! Then I noticed there was still 2 minutes left after the ED. So it begins!

Legend, didn't realise at all, I had just turned it off at the credits!

Very keen to see how it all resolves, given that we see Shinobu/Koyomi powered up in that end trailer!
Oct 12, 2013 4:16 PM

Jul 2010
Fuck you Nadeko.Worst character from whole Monogatari series.Pathetic, selfish little brat.
Fantastic episode.Senjougahara-san banzai.
After ED i went speechless.
incompleteAEGISOct 12, 2013 4:33 PM
Oct 12, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2011
"If we had met under different circumstances we might have been friends."

Why? Is it because you're both potential psychopath girlfriends? :c

I didn't want to believe that Nadeko would go insane and become the "final boss" but she's reached the point of no return. I'm eager to see if Koyomi has any more tricks left to "save" Nadeko...though I can sense she's basically fully corrupted from her delusions and probably won't be making another positive appearance in the future.
Oct 12, 2013 4:33 PM

May 2013
Hold it! If the trailer of Nadeko killing everyone and stuffing them in crates is true after half a year, then does that mean that the next arc will take place before this massacre happens?
That means EVERY character dies in the end as soon as the next arcs end until that time.

To those that read the novels, is this 'trailer' so to speak another of Nadeko's delusions or does this 'final battle' get skipped because of Senjougahara conning her? I just don't believe that the series timeline ends like that. What's the deal here? This episode just screwed the timeline of events for me...

So it's like: Kizu->Neko->Bake->Nise->Neko(white)->etc->Nadeko Medusa->etc.->'final battle'

Is that how it really ends in the timeline?? That totally sucks. Novel readers, how does it really go?
Oct 12, 2013 4:42 PM

Aug 2012
i used to like her......now i dont give a damn
Oct 12, 2013 4:43 PM

Mar 2010
reversereality said:
Hold it! If the trailer of Nadeko killing everyone and stuffing them in crates is true after half a year, then does that mean that the next arc will take place before this massacre happens?
That means EVERY character dies in the end as soon as the next arcs end until that time.

To those that read the novels, is this 'trailer' so to speak another of Nadeko's delusions or does this 'final battle' get skipped because of Senjougahara conning her? I just don't believe that the series timeline ends like that. What's the deal here? This episode just screwed the timeline of events for me...

So it's like: Kizu->Neko->Bake->Nise->Neko(white)->etc->Nadeko Medusa->etc.->'final battle'

Is that how it really ends in the timeline?? That totally sucks. Novel readers, how does it really go?

Oct 12, 2013 4:52 PM
Oct 2013
damn.....i was watching this last 20 minutes ago and i was trying to find someone to talk to because the trailer is damn nagging like fuck......anyway, i hope this episode didnt spoil the fucking things and i want this nadeko to be cure or die...............hopefully it can be like what the spoiler said above my comment
Oct 12, 2013 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
hahahanono said:
damn.....i was watching this last 20 minutes ago and i was trying to find someone to talk to because the trailer is damn nagging like fuck......anyway, i hope this episode didnt spoil the fucking things and i want this nadeko to be cure or die...............hopefully it can be like what the spoiler said above my comment

That was the real spoiler.
From the original novel of the later part.
Oct 12, 2013 5:05 PM
Oct 2013
im glad bro.....feeling fuck if it is actually like that.....(happens to me when i read bleach and i thought it suppose to end already but then it cont so i quit reading it)
Oct 12, 2013 5:18 PM

Jun 2011
So from what i read, next arc will be Shinobu then Senjougahara?
When will be Kanbaru time? The last arc or they're totally skipping it?
Oct 12, 2013 5:20 PM

Mar 2010
ayasaaki said:
So from what i read, next arc will be Shinobu then Senjougahara?
When will be Kanbaru time? The last arc or they're totally skipping it?

Some time after Koimonogatari arc ended.
Oct 12, 2013 5:25 PM

May 2013
That was some character development from Sengoku.
Oct 12, 2013 5:31 PM

Aug 2012
babymilo91 said:
That's one way to put it.
Oct 12, 2013 5:39 PM
Jan 2013
So after the recap will they do a 6 month time skip to finish this arc?
Or will they do other arcs during that 6 months and we won't see the end of this until later? I'm kind of confused about the order of this. So this episode concludes otori? Is Oni the end of medusa or..?

Someone explain please.

Also, is Medusa the final boss of the monogatari series? Or is the light novel still ongoing/not confirmed over yet?
Oct 12, 2013 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
reversereality said:

If that's true then I will drop kick a fricken kitten if that happens (jks).
Seeing Shinobu getting stabbed was a little unpleasant even though it was kinda off screen.
Oct 12, 2013 5:46 PM

Jun 2011
It was a really good episode and i can only hope that Nadeko still manages to get some sort of happy ending instead of being the forever alone villain because lets face it she is not the first girl to try and kill Araragi or even hurt him, so i can only hope that in the end she can gain some happiness.

Damn it another recap episode next week i know it is coming every time of course but it is still a pain in the ass.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 12, 2013 5:48 PM

Nov 2012
Lol, Nadeko is big time crazy, even the snake was like "woah". I like her this way alot more to her regular self. Senjougahara with the call just in time to save the day.

Good episode for me.
niaxatoOct 13, 2013 6:16 AM
Oct 12, 2013 5:49 PM

Mar 2010
Mrdoctorsr said:
So after the recap will they do a 6 month time skip to finish this arc?
Or will they do other arcs during that 6 months and we won't see the end of this until later?

Someone explain please.

Also, is Medusa the final boss of the monogatari series? Or is the light novel still ongoing/not confirmed over yet?

Spoiler ahead
Oct 12, 2013 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Nadeko
Great episode but episode 10 still the best for me
I can't wait for Onimonogatari
Oct 12, 2013 5:53 PM

Feb 2012
Dat ending, fuck me.
Oct 12, 2013 6:01 PM

Jun 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
babymilo91 said:
That's one way to put it.

Ditto. lol
Oct 12, 2013 6:05 PM
May 2012
That was intense. Didn't expect it to end that way. Good episode overall

Oct 12, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2010
Well that was an escalation in character development.
Oct 12, 2013 6:09 PM

Feb 2013
she kept stabbing shinobu even though she was on ground :c
Oct 12, 2013 6:12 PM
Oct 2008
... Wow I was under the impression that she would more or less get saved but damn this is a nice setup
Oct 12, 2013 6:39 PM

Aug 2013
I swear every time an arc ends, i get goosebumps
Oct 12, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
Senjougahara telling Nakedo how to murder them xD
wow gay
Oct 12, 2013 6:44 PM

Jan 2011
i don't even know what to say for that trailer holy crap,really thought things would get resolved but NOPE

anyone know how many episodes are left was thinking this would be the end!.
Oct 12, 2013 6:58 PM
Aug 2009
Nadeko is crazy holy hell. My original thought of her being cute turned into, oh god, please die.
Oct 12, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
Character development. Bitches please (I kid).

Even though I had most of it figured out before it, the fact that Nadeko was tricking herself so much in an unconscious level was some superb character depth (Even though I had theorised something like it a bit before, but as a general question, not explicitly meaning this arc.) along with the other self-trickery.

Yeah... Nadeko bumped up quite high on the list of characters with immense depth, along with the others. Now if we manage to get Kanbaru finally there, the series will be along the lines perfect. All the other girls have had the necessary treatment already. Well not sure about Mayoi... But nonetheless. Great episode, great arc, what is there to add?

Can't wait for the next arc.
Oct 12, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as always.
Much to look forward to.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.