Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2011
Oct 12, 2013 9:15 AM

Sep 2013

Ah, so its just the fireworks scene thats not from the VN? And I wished they added that "get well already dummy!" part xD
Oct 12, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2010
That was brilliant episode. It gave me hope that JF.Staff manage somehow to pull of Refrain story.

Although if they already go with "I like you Riki" why couldn't they go all out. I mean firework scene would be much more if they followed VN. (Just Riki and Kurugaya). Maybe they did it like this so they don't need to reset the story. Why anime can't just do it. Most of VN-based anime just focus on one heroine but in this story those resets are important. If it comes to worse they can never do it. Refraiin without reset. I don't even want to think about it. It's worse case scenario that I can think of. Nothing is imossible but I hope this is.

Anyway I loved funny scenes in this episode so much. I laughed for about 15 minutes. I needed to stop it for a second to take another dose of it. I also wanted to see Love-Love hunters part but unfortunately it's not included.

Overall. As I said on start it was a brilliant episode. It gave me hope that Refrain will turn out to be 10. So I gave it ten. At least for the time being.
Oct 12, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
Operation: Little Love-Love Hunters or Loli-Loli Hunter to shorten it
Oh Kyousuke

Ai, Ai, Ai!!!! First Kyousougiga and now Little Busters?

I am disappointed Riki, the Kurugaya route was right there with brightly lit arrows telling you how to get to the end. Wonder what's going on with Riki's memory
HybridMBLOct 12, 2013 9:37 AM
Oct 12, 2013 9:38 AM

Sep 2012
What I expected from the VN:
Riki x Kurugaya: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/297/746/fe8.jpg

All of a sudden...
>all girls involved in the fireworks
>well at least Mio saves the day, somehow... "THANK YOU BASED MIO"
>Rin starts crying over the fireworks being for Kurugaya
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/322/453/3a0.gif

Oh well, at least they can do animation well.
Hopefully they focus more on the bros in Refrain than Rin, because as of now, Rin has gotten 2 episodes of her route in season 1, and is getting at least 4 for Refrain, and if LB:Refrain is 13 episodes, that means 6 episodes for Rin's route, and 6 episodes for Refrain, which makes absolutely no fucking sense to me.

Still, they're doing a good job with the comedy.
They left out the approaches on the other girls during the Love Love Hunter part, but there was more bro time so it's fine.
Oct 12, 2013 9:48 AM

Sep 2011
I have so many complaints for this episode but I'll keep that to myself because we can't do anything given that Kurugaya's arc is 3 episodes.

Oct 12, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
Rin, man, I feel so bad ;-;
But that was a good episode! It's so fast paced.
Oct 12, 2013 10:17 AM
Feb 2013
I really really dislike the direction they are taking this.

First episode of refrain we get this great emotional beat down from Kurugaya with Riki in toe. Then we see all these sequences to hint that it would go in the direction of the VN with the romance etc. but based on how this episode went i don't really see all of that happening.

In the first place why make a love triangle? And why did they make it so?
rodacOct 12, 2013 11:32 PM
Oct 12, 2013 10:18 AM

Jul 2013
Another great episode, a good balance between comedy and drama. The fireworks were beautiful but felt bad for Rin for a bit after the that scene. So it's the same day and the same time like yesterday huh, wonder why...

Oct 12, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
Draakisback said:

No no no. At least, they should just adapt Rin's and Refrain instead of bothering other heroine routes if they aren't taking them seriously.

Since Refrain is the only highlight of this series, not adapting the other heroine routes except Rin's wouldn't definitely hurt that much.

Oct 12, 2013 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
I wish I knew what to say, but I couldn't be more confused on the approach J.C. Staff is taking... Personally, I didn't feel enough development between Riki and Kurugaya for them to suddenly be "together"... I'm just confused @_@
Oct 12, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
Draakisback said:
i can think of a thousand ways to do that that dont involve a love triangle with Rin and a feeling that Riki is only involved with Kurugaya because Kyouske pushed it on him and she is manipulating him.
This is why i believe this show should never have been animated.

And this is why the problem isn't Little Busters being animated, but JC Staff rushing it incompetently. There WERE better ways to approach this, and it kinda sucks, because there was more romance with Kurugaya in the VN than there was with Rin in the VN, and if they don't manage to emphasize the importance of her route, it'll be kinad dumb.

The scenes and everything were nice, and the comedy was good, but Rin killed the mood, and I don't see how any anime viewer is going to understand this any better than Mio or Kud's endings.
rodacOct 12, 2013 11:45 PM
Oct 12, 2013 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
Kengo and Kyousuke stole the episode for me with those expressions.
Oct 12, 2013 11:07 AM
Apr 2013
You know, that was a brilliant way of executing events of Kurugaya's route with the limited amount of episodes they have. As a Kurugaya route fan (She was my favorite heroine route in the game), I am impressed.

And have I mentioned how much better Rin is compared to the VN. Like, it's pretty staggering how much better a character she is.

EDIT: I see nothing wrong with the way things went btw...
MCALOct 12, 2013 11:11 AM
Oct 12, 2013 11:15 AM

Sep 2012
I guess some other Kurugaya fans are settling for what they got, or weren't really upset from the added Rin scenes.
It's all up to the last episode, anyway.
I still wished Riki was more straightforward about liking Kurugaya, but I guess it's supposed to be considered "obvious", but he's shy about it?
Oct 12, 2013 11:18 AM
Jun 2013
Finally saw it ! I don't have complaints about animation anymore, JC Staff improved a lot here.

Anyway, still a very good episode for me, with all those hints to the secret and such, but seems that the anime version of Kurugaya's arc, just like the previous ones, will never be a match for the VN route.
rodacOct 12, 2013 11:41 PM
Oct 12, 2013 11:22 AM

Nov 2012
Still can't get over the fact that they animated the firework scene! I loved that CG when I first saw it in the VN. This adaptation is going to be outstanding!!!
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Oct 12, 2013 11:26 AM
Apr 2013
Vladz0r said:
I guess some other Kurugaya fans are settling for what they got, or weren't really upset from the added Rin scenes.
I still wished Riki was more straightforward about liking Kurugaya, but I guess it's supposed to be considered "obvious", but he's shy about it?
For the Rin scenes, the anime version of her is already more self aware and has more character than her VN self, so her feeling sort of jealous makes sense. The way of thinking shouldn't be, this wasn't how it happened in the Vn therefore it doesn't make any sense. This is the anime of LB and if it is in character for the moment (We'll have to wait until Rin 2 is finsihed) for "Anime" Rin to be more self aware, then it is perfectly fine.

As for Kurugaya, I guess it is a matter of personal preference. I think it was just fine and Kurugaya just happens to be my favorite Key heroine too, so it isn't like my bias is low or anything. In fact, I'd say I had unreasonably high expectations and JC Staff fulfilled them well enough.
Oct 12, 2013 11:34 AM

Mar 2013
Oh man wished he confessed would've been interesting with Riki x Kurugaya lol
Oct 12, 2013 11:34 AM
Sep 2013
MCAL said:
Vladz0r said:
For the Rin scenes, the anime version of her is already more self aware and has more character than her VN self, so her feeling sort of jealous makes sense. The way of thinking shouldn't be, this wasn't how it happened in the Vn therefore it doesn't make any sense. This is the anime of LB and if it is in character for the moment (We'll have to wait until Rin 2 is finsihed) for "Anime" Rin to be more self aware, then it is perfectly fine.

As for Kurugaya, I guess it is a matter of personal preference. I think it was just fine and Kurugaya just happens to be my favorite Key heroine too, so it isn't like my bias is low or anything. In fact, I'd say I had unreasonably high expectations and JC Staff fulfilled them well enough.

Can't agree more. The 1st episode is really outstanding and then this episode 2! I'm getting more hype, man!!
Oct 12, 2013 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, it does illustrate that, but Rin crying over it I felt like too much.
I mean, it's more realistic, but I hope the next episode doesn't detract too much from what I loved about Kurugaya's route. They have the same director from the good route endings from s1, but I don't know how they're gonna handle the script/story for it. They usually pack a lot of story and screenplay into the finales, though.
Oct 12, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2012
koagzero said:
Personally, I didn't feel enough development between Riki and Kurugaya for them to suddenly be "together"... I'm just confused @_@

I really liked the episode (the scene in Riki's room with the bros was epic) but I agree with this. Which is a shame because I really like KurugayaxRiki in the VN...
Oct 12, 2013 11:45 AM
Apr 2013
Vladz0r said:
Yeah, it does illustrate that, but Rin crying over it I felt like too much.
I mean, it's more realistic, but I hope the next episode doesn't detract too much from what I loved about Kurugaya's route. They have the same director from the good route endings from s1, but I don't know how they're gonna handle the script/story for it. They usually pack a lot of story and screenplay into the finales, though.

Yeah, but it was a single tear. It wasn't like she was crying a river. Now that would break the mood.

And at least she had the decency to do it alone...
Oct 12, 2013 11:50 AM

Sep 2012
They can stomp on every heroine route, but if they're really only going to give 5-6 episodes for Refrain, I'll be quick to disown this adaptation.
They'll never be able to build up the bros to be as lovable as they were in the VN in that amount of time, and this series will all be fanservice episodes for people who played the VN, like many other VN adaptations.
Oct 12, 2013 11:53 AM
Sep 2013
Vladz0r said:
They can stomp on every heroine route, but if they're really only going to give 5-6 episodes for Refrain, I'll be quick to disown this adaptation.
They'll never be able to build up the bros to be as lovable as they were in the VN in that amount of time, and this series will all be fanservice episodes for people who played the VN, like many other VN adaptations.

The only assumption is Refrain only has 13 episodes, which I don't think so. xD
Oct 12, 2013 11:55 AM
Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:

No one has a sure answer on whether or not this series is 26 episodes or 13, the one tweet seemed to indicate that it was 26 episodes but again we wont know till the BD info releases. if its 13 i will agree with you and not watch the end because whats the point? If its 26 ill keep going and try to bear what they have destroyed hoping that they will eventually come out with something thats worth a damn.
Oct 12, 2013 12:04 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well it'd have been nice to have gotten to see the Love Love Hunters missions with the girls but at least it's in there to some extent
Oct 12, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2010
Wonderful
I hope this doesn't go like endless eight though
Oct 12, 2013 12:08 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
1lau said:
Wonderful
I hope this doesn't go like endless eight though

...yeah I don't think you'll have to worry about that part at least
Oct 12, 2013 12:10 PM

Jun 2011
:3 Aw, Rin's jealous, how cute~
XD Okay, it's official, I love Kyousuke in this episode.

... 0_0 Every second of every hour of every day... will rewind until things are made right again.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Oct 12, 2013 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
Great, Kurugaya looked amazing for some reason this episode. Like others mentioned, hope this doesn't go the endless eight on me.
Also, funny when Rin watched from afar and she turned back and walked away it looked like she'd taken a piss.

Oct 12, 2013 12:37 PM

Apr 2010
Finally an episode of Little Busters which I really enjoyed. Love-Love Hunters was the best part.
rodacOct 12, 2013 11:47 PM
Oct 12, 2013 12:40 PM

Mar 2013
hahahahah this is getting better and better, probably was my favorite episode so far in LB. Love everything about specially Love Love Hunters. The fireworks scene was wonderful too.
Kyousuke expressions are priceless <3
Oct 12, 2013 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
so what does the timeloop mean?
Oct 12, 2013 12:53 PM
Sep 2013
Setsuna200 said:
so what does the timeloop mean?

You'll find out at the very end of Refrain. :P Just keep our fingers crossed.
Oct 12, 2013 1:04 PM
Apr 2013
Draakisback said:
What i see as the result is that they forced this romance between her and riki due to the pacing of the series and made it seem more like riki is being manipulated because of Rin.

I don't know how you came up with that. How did anything Rin do make it look like she was manipulating Riki?

Anyway... there is no point in arguing the rest. I feel its perfectly fine and that's all I need to know.
Oct 12, 2013 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
Jesus Christ ......... after a big disappointment on the first season, JC really made comeback on this one.
Damn, I mean this season is good, really good, like I enjoyed the first episode more than the previous season. And this episode as well, I love this one. I almost gave up on LB! after what they did with 1st season, but right now I have high expectations and hope it will become a great adaptation.
Oct 12, 2013 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
(21)(21) XD
I didn't have that imagination =D Great!

Oct 12, 2013 1:31 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Loli loli part was amazing. I like how Mio said the headless ghost then Haruka, Kamori, and Kud ran one direction and Rin ran a different directions after that we see Kurugaya and Riki alone in a room. But i was disappointment that Kyousuke didn't call Riki says Yahoo and the teachers are searching for them. Looks like Rin was crying during the fireworks. When Kyousuke said "you're fallen in love with Kurugaya" Riki look at Rin he knew that Rin would be heartbroken not clueless like in the visual novel.
rodacOct 12, 2013 11:48 PM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Oct 12, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
Im all confused though, Don't know whats JC Staff trying to prove by putting those extra scene's and making her jealous.
Oct 12, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
I'm loving this. Good thing I haven't read the visual novel. Might as well get to it at some point after this anime is over.
That background music gave me flashbacks to Clannad and Kanon.
Oct 12, 2013 2:08 PM
Apr 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
Im all confused though, Don't know whats JC Staff trying to prove by putting those extra scene's and making her jealous.

Honestly, I really feel this is a net positive. I don't hate Rin by any means in the VN, but she doesn't feel like a character at all and more like a plot point. Considering, an improvement on Rin is what was promised by the anime staff and Key, they seem to realize this too.

EDIT: Also I am confused, in one of your posts you were interested in seeing a jealous Rin, so why when it happens are you not happy about it?
rodacOct 12, 2013 11:49 PM
Oct 12, 2013 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
I'm surprised by the contradiction.

I see quite a lot of hating in the forums. But the poll shows a near perfect score XD
Oct 12, 2013 2:17 PM
Sep 2013
Barion-Zara said:
I'm surprised by the contradiction.

I see quite a lot of hating in the forums. But the poll shows a near perfect score XD

Hate because they don't know anything about Little Busters. Fair enough.
Oct 12, 2013 2:18 PM

Jan 2010
Epic episode! *-* How I love Yuiko, and she in the anime're even more tempting, but love even more to Rin, the scene of her watching the fireworks alone almost made ​​me cry. I think the next episode arc comes to an end, but this has been great fun and an animation WELL ABOVE JC Staff, congratulations to the studio and the fans who believed and still believe.

Kyousuke always makes me laugh, awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Oct 12, 2013 2:22 PM

Dec 2011
I want Love Love Hunters with the girls but damnnnnnnnn I love this episode so much, my fav one so far <3

Kyousuke and Kurugaya are so awesome *w*
Oct 12, 2013 2:27 PM

Feb 2013
All I can say was that is the way to push Rin alright. XD
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 12, 2013 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Rin being jealous wasn't a surprise to me because in the VN it was hinted that she had feelings for riki when they were little. Lol when episode 4 comes around there's gonna be a huge battle between riki x Kurugaya and riki x rin
Oct 12, 2013 2:51 PM

Jul 2010
tsuns said:
Okay, so everyone keeps saying that "The anime-only scene where Rin cries wasn't needed/unnecessary" but, the truth of the matter is, Rin wasn't crying. Granted, the way her lips curved would definitely make someone believe she did but she didn't. Had she actually cried, they would've shown a tear stain as they fell down her cheeks, but did anyone see that? No, they did not.

The ripple effect could've easily just been a bit of rain that was trapped somewhere and fell down into the puddle just as Rin turned her back and walked off. Yes, she is showing signs of jealousy but that's only natural considering how long she's known Riki for - I'm not dismissing the idea of Rin and Riki being the final couple because, with the pace things are going, that's going to happen without a doubt.

Oh yeah, finally someone said it.
Oct 12, 2013 2:53 PM

Sep 2008
On another note. Everyone keep saying JC Staff butchers stuff and whatnot, but considering the fact that Shimada is also getting guidance from KEY themselves while writing these scripts, technically everyone's bashing KEY for butchering their own story.

But hey, not that it matters to me. I enjoy every LB episode no matter how good/bad they are objectively anyway, because bias.
Wafuu~
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Yesterday, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

537 by Tsuyu_no_Inochi »»
Mar 3, 4:34 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.