Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 2 Discussion


Oct 12, 2013 2:55 PM
Kami-sama

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3343
Haven't seen the Visual Novel but this is so similar to KamInai's last arc.

It's interesting .. can't wait for the next ep.

Mod Edit: Placed in spoiler tags at a member's request.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:13 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 15
UnbornMVs said:
Haven't seen the Visual Novel but this is so similar to KamInai's last arc.


Little Busters! is older than Kaminai, but I can see what you mean.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:17 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 125
tsuns said:
UnbornMVs said:
Haven't seen the Visual Novel but this is so similar to KamInai's last arc.


Little Busters! is older than Kaminai, but I can see what you mean.


LB! is kinda the grand-daddy of this kind of story telling. Or at the very least Key is sorta the grand-daddy of this kind of non-linear cyclical story telling. They've been doing it in almost every single VN I've read by them.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:18 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 21
Just remember Kyousuke: "Love requires no reason. That is what makes it love!"
Will help to assimilate the reasons behind Riki's attraction for Kurugaya.

Solid episode, my favorite so far.
Seriously, my hope is renewed with this second season, the contrast is so enormous with the first one, that is almost as if I were watching another story.
It really deserves to be called the ~After Story~ of LB!
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 15
I'm a big fan of Key projects, so I know it's the grand-daddy of these type of stories. There isn't a single VN by them that I haven't read or watched the anime adaption of. Clannad, Air, Kanon, Little Busters!.... more than anything, I love Jun Maeda's storytelling.

Mod Edit: Quote tower removed.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:22 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 125
tsuns said:

I'm a big fan of Key projects, so I know it's the grand-daddy of these type of stories. There isn't a single VN by them that I haven't read or watched the anime adaption of. Clannad, Air, Kanon, Little Busters!.... more than anything, I love Jun Maeda's storytelling.


yeah i love Jun as well. Hes a great music writer as well as story teller and i think he directly wrote Kurugaya's route as well as the main and Refrain routes.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:23 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1261
Kurugaya's route has the same writer as Komari's route. Maeda only wrote the common coute, Rin1,2 and Refrain o_o
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 655
Though, I guess Rin's feelings towards Riki will be shown more/stronger then the VN, in her route.
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
Draakisback said:


yeah i love Jun as well. Hes a great music writer as well as story teller and i think he directly wrote Kurugaya's route as well as the main and Refrain routes.


Maeda only wrote the common route, Rin and Refrain. It probably isn't a coincidence that a lot of anime only watchers liked common route episodes over all the other character route episodes too.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:23 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2640
oh my best girl.
wuttodo bout these feels.
 
Oct 12, 2013 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
... I never realized Jun Maeda wrote the common route, actually.
I was underestimating how much of Little Busters was actually written by Jun Maeda for the longest time, then. He wrote about 50% of the original Little Busters, then, when I thought he only wrote wrote about 18%, just Rin and Refrain.
No wonder it was so good and relevant to Refrain XD.
Welp, GG to me.
 
Oct 12, 2013 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1261
DeathDoUsPart said:
egnaro315 said:
NayukiShiina said:
egnaro315 said:
Kurugaya's route has the same writer as Komari's route. Maeda only wrote the common coute, Rin1,2 and Refrain o_o

And Saya (?)


Yeah that too xD



What you mean by your spoiler?



http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1377201_10200512049955770_146674786_n.jpg

Rin :c

 
Oct 12, 2013 4:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 655
Mhm, get what you are saying now, thanks... Another thing is that:



Mod Edit: Quote tower removed.
Modified by rodac, Oct 12, 2013 10:28 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 4:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1261
@DeathDoUsPart
 
Oct 12, 2013 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 655
egnaro315 said:
@DeathDoUsPart


 
Oct 12, 2013 4:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1261
DeathDoUsPart said:
egnaro315 said:
@DeathDoUsPart



 
Oct 12, 2013 4:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 125
egnaro315 said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
egnaro315 said:
@DeathDoUsPart





Modified by Draakisback, Oct 12, 2013 4:40 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 4:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 655
Ah, alright I get it :P thanks. atm, I wonder what will happen in Episode 3, since everyone forgets what happaned (Fireworks,Pancake party?, etc) will Rin also forget? I just feel for riki atm, he has to live with this kak thats happening to him :/
 
Oct 12, 2013 4:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1261
 
Oct 12, 2013 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5143
AW shit JC getting all my hopes up for the best girl! i knew it would be to good to be true but what is the Kurugaya route with out "Ai!?" can't wait to see how they pull this end off, VN's ending for this was one of my main drives to see the true ending for it!.


little sad we didn't see love love hunters still a chance though right? :(
 
Oct 12, 2013 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 325
Loli-loli hunters!! Wow, holy shit. J.C has really stepped up their game, these two episodes are light years better than the entirety of season 1. I actually want to pretend that the abomination called season 1 never even existed.

The fact that I've never played the VN will make this season so much more enjoyable to watch. Can't wait for next week!
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
 
Oct 12, 2013 5:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 41
Holy crap. Things are only looking god for this anime. JC staff have really got their creative juices flowing. Also, need to praise the amazing animation and OST!!!

I have hope.
 
Oct 12, 2013 5:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 13
wow way too many spoilers in this thread... Since I was holding off on reading until after I watched I didn't know anything about the "routes" boy do I know now.

It's not going to stop me from watching, but it may have lessened the surprise.
 
Oct 12, 2013 5:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 647
Phew.
Episode 02 is finally out. Ejoy ^^

Oh, boy. I knew that editing will be a lot of work, but it proved to be even more time-consuming than I ever imagined. Still, it's kinda satisfying ^^
Modified by Naoki-Saten, Oct 12, 2013 5:47 PM
 
Oct 12, 2013 5:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18192
Thing begin to move now with Operation Loli-Loli Hunters in effect. And it look like no romance for Kurugaya.

Journal 20 July day 2.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Oct 12, 2013 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 62
Loli-loli Hunters! haha XD This series always has its comic side.
For me it was something exciting part of the fireworks, and Kurugaya Riki was a scene very good.
Poor Rin :(, she's my favorite and I felt sad for her. But obviously Riki this in love with Rin (Or so it seems).
That was a mysterious end. :/

 
Oct 12, 2013 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
I don't know what they are trying to do with this romance, it feels forced as hell. I also really disliked the moment when the group is reunited like that cause it's just a succession of unfunny jokes that are quite embarrassing. I'm watching this show just to see where this Refrain hype is coming from.
 
Oct 12, 2013 6:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
SetsukoHara said:
don't know what they are trying to do with this romance, it feels forced as hell.I I also really disliked the moment when the group is reunited like that cause it's just a succession of unfunny jokes that are quite embarrassing. I'm watching this show just to see where this Refrain hype is coming from.


I get the forced romance thing, since they are rushing it in the anime.
But "the group being reunited"?
They live in the same dorm. They're congregating like they always have, not re-uniting randomly.
 
Oct 12, 2013 6:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 647
SetsukoHara said:
I don't know what they are trying to do with this romance, it feels forced as hell. I also really disliked the moment when the group is reunited like that cause it's just a succession of unfunny jokes that are quite embarrassing. I'm watching this show just to see where this Refrain hype is coming from.


How come there are people who have no idea, yet always feel like the world should hear their opinion, no matter how stupid their so-called 'contribution' is?
 
Oct 12, 2013 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18192
Vladz0r said:
SetsukoHara said:
don't know what they are trying to do with this romance, it feels forced as hell.I I also really disliked the moment when the group is reunited like that cause it's just a succession of unfunny jokes that are quite embarrassing. I'm watching this show just to see where this Refrain hype is coming from.


I get the forced romance thing, since they are rushing it in the anime.
But "the group being reunited"?
They live in the same dorm. They're congregating like they always have, not re-uniting randomly.
Time won't repeat itself after all so they are doing almost anything together moreover since Kyousuke is third year.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
 
Oct 12, 2013 6:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
2 episodes and this show was keep going better and better.
J.C. Staff we can hope refrain will be as good as clannad right ?


Anyway poor Rin...
 
Oct 12, 2013 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 733
Kurugaya was amazing the entire episode. Just like Riki said, she never looked so attractive (for an anime character) than this episode.

Poor Rin though, it's clear she's discovering feelings for Riki, just too late to express them. Tears for days.

But the real question is why is the world repeating. Is it Riki's inherent desire for nothing to change? He has been saying that he wants this to last forever, and with Kyosuke leaving soon, maybe like Haruhi he has the ability to bend things to his will. It would explain a lot. Or perhaps someone else (Kyosuke) is bending the world.

Gah too many theories, what is going on!
 
Oct 12, 2013 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
Eien-Story said:
2 episodes and this show was keep going better and better.
J.C. Staff we can hope refrain will be as good as clannad right ?


Anyway poor Rin...


Maybe Clannad at this rate...
If they give us a good episode number, it'll come close to After Story.
 
Oct 12, 2013 7:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 33553


Besides, Ok chapter. I felt it a bit rushed, but at least they´re adapting well the main events of Kurugaya´s arc.
I feel a bit sorry for Rin...
Modified by TimeToRepent, Oct 12, 2013 7:50 PM


This is how it all begins.



My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
 
Oct 12, 2013 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3029
Damn, why Kurugaya is so beautiful. But I already know a Riki x Kurugaya will never happen.

Anyway, loop things? Ohoh, this looks interesting and sad too ..

This is just my speculation, but I'll put it in the spoiler tag for safety.
 
Oct 12, 2013 7:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
Akanezora said:
Damn, why Kurugaya is so beautiful. But I already know a Riki x Kurugaya will never happen.

Anyway, loop things? Ohoh, this looks interesting and sad too ..

This is just my speculation, but I'll put it in the spoiler tag for safety.


I won't explain it but I'll answer yes/no in a spoiler IF you want to know:
 
Oct 12, 2013 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 33553
Naoki-Saten said:
SetsukoHara said:
I don't know what they are trying to do with this romance, it feels forced as hell. I also really disliked the moment when the group is reunited like that cause it's just a succession of unfunny jokes that are quite embarrassing. I'm watching this show just to see where this Refrain hype is coming from.


How come there are people who have no idea, yet always feel like the world should hear their opinion, no matter how stupid their so-called 'contribution' is?


Leave him alone, dude. He´s only an anime viewer.


This is how it all begins.



My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
 
Oct 12, 2013 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 644
Beautiful fucking episode. Although the mind fuck is starting.
 
Oct 12, 2013 7:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3029
Vladz0r said:
I won't explain it but I'll answer yes/no in a spoiler IF you want to know:

I see, thank you.
 
Oct 12, 2013 7:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 101
blazehero said:
Kurugaya was amazing the entire episode. Just like Riki said, she never looked so attractive (for an anime character) than this episode.

Poor Rin though, it's clear she's discovering feelings for Riki, just too late to express them. Tears for days.

But the real question is why is the world repeating. Is it Riki's inherent desire for nothing to change? He has been saying that he wants this to last forever, and with Kyosuke leaving soon, maybe like Haruhi he has the ability to bend things to his will. It would explain a lot. Or perhaps someone else (Kyosuke) is bending the world.

Gah too many theories, what is going on!


Well analysis! You'll not disappointed when you finally find out the truth in later episodes of Refrain!!!

I mean, all hype is worth it! Trust me.
 
Oct 12, 2013 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 33553
SetsukoHara said:
I don't know what they are trying to do with this romance, it feels forced as hell. I also really disliked the moment when the group is reunited like that cause it's just a succession of unfunny jokes that are quite embarrassing. I'm watching this show just to see where this Refrain hype is coming from.


Anime viewers and their repeated complaints, no? You feel the jokes "unfunny" because they are rushed, genius. Something that influences too is if You´re a stone face or no.
Anyways, remember that You have a "Drop" button if You can´t tolerate this adaptation.
Modified by TimeToRepent, Oct 12, 2013 8:32 PM


This is how it all begins.



My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 580
TimeToRepent said:


Besides, Ok chapter. I felt it a bit rushed, but at least they´re adapting well the main events of Kurugaya´s arc.
I feel a bit sorry for Rin...

lol the gif I felt the same way too :(
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 5925
This was an amazing episode! im amazed at how much better this is than season 1 so far
The comedy doesn't feel as forced and the drama is being handled better, and the ost's are being used brilliantly :)
GREAT EPISODE! :)
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 509
so, Kyousuke is pretty much forcing these romantic events on Riki, Riki got embarrassed because, the idea has been put in his head and he's probably the type to get embarrassed about romance.

Riki's probably been convinced he likes Kurugaya, even though he doesn't, and Kurugaya's feelings are being played with because of this~

that's what I'm getting at least, and Kurugaya's Route is just some big event to make Rin and Riki realise their feelings for each other~
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1261
Gotta love how Komari falls on top of Kud and then gets up running leaving her behind.
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
smilewolfy said:
so, Kyousuke is pretty much forcing these romantic events on Riki, Riki got embarrassed because, the idea has been put in his head and he's probably the type to get embarrassed about romance.

Riki's probably been convinced he likes Kurugaya, even though he doesn't, and Kurugaya's feelings are being played with because of this~

that's what I'm getting at least, and Kurugaya's Route is just some big event to make Rin and Riki realise their feelings for each other~


That's what it seems like JC Staff is turning into with the anime-original crap they're adding.
The next episode shouldn't have Rin at all, though.
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 33553
ZtarWarrior said:
Ehh....mixed feelings about this episode. I figured that they were going to go through with the romance for Kurugaya's route, but it just doesn't seem right. Focus was only put on Kurugaya one episode ago, and now one episode later Riki is developing feelings for her? It was a mistake to stick true to the original with the romance, especially with only 3 episodes to develop it into something. It just ends up feeling forced and unrealistic. They could have easily gone with the friendship route once again, and this would have worked out perfectly fine.

On the other hand, I still enjoyed the comedy bits a great deal and I'm glad to see some more quality time between the bros. Still liking how the season is going so far, just having a bit of issues with this route.


Agreed with You. I would have preferred the same and


This is how it all begins.



My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1802
Well, as forced as it is, Kyou and Tomoyo's routes in Clannad only got 1 OVA, but I didn't hear people complain too much about those.
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 298
I can't blame riki for falling in love with Kurugaya so fast. Anyone would fall for her easily XD
 
Oct 12, 2013 8:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1261
It looks more like Kyousuke pushed Riki into thinking he has fallen for Kurugaya. Since the person Riki trusts most with his life is Kyousuke and he doesn't want to waste the effort his friends put into setting them up together.
Modified by egnaro15, Oct 12, 2013 9:04 PM
 
Top
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »