Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2013 1:58 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hey, this is better than last week's. There were plot reveals, the fight had punches and kicks and wasn't too bad other than PreCure Toilet Flush being tacked on at the end, and the next episode is about Raquel because they felt bad having Charles steal their episode. Now Lance needs something too. Though next week also reeks of filler, something tells me Toei didn't plan for 49 episodes very well. But hey, we got Makoto to finally be the focus since forever ago, hooray!
Oct 12, 2013 11:16 AM
Nov 2011
Wow, almost a week wating for subs >< And the episode was okey for me. It's was very funny to see the girls transforming and doing their pose without Cure Sword xD

I hope subs for the next episode come quickly.
Oct 12, 2013 5:31 PM

Jul 2012
Long wait for subs.

This episode was really REALLY obviously child aimed. Like I know it's a children's show but I've never seen it so obviously so in a Precure season until now tbh.

At least Makopi was cute.
Oct 13, 2013 3:16 AM

Jan 2008
Surprisingly fun episode. I'm not terribly fond of Makoto's character but she managed to be pretty entertaining. Little tidbits like incomplete pose, Sword's fiery speech (brushing teeth - SERIOUS BUSINESS), Ira's and Mammo's conversation - that was cool.

ihateeveryone said:
This episode was really REALLY obviously child aimed. Like I know it's a children's show but I've never seen it so obviously so in a Precure season until now tbh.

Right? Not that I watched all seasons but I got strong western kiddies shows vibes I used to watch when I was sick and didn't go to kindergarden ^^'
Oct 13, 2013 4:41 AM

Oct 2011
ihateeveryone said:
Long wait for subs.

There was also this homework episode from HeartCatch (and actually best one is that series), some of Smile fits too.

Other than that it was scary episode for someone who dislike dentists so much as I do - I understand MakoPi for sure :)
in the end it was fun episode, finally got used to that ED (or copy of second ending from Fresh).
Oct 13, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
Dalek-baka said:
ihateeveryone said:
Long wait for subs.

There was also this homework episode from HeartCatch (and actually best one is that series), some of Smile fits too.

Other than that it was scary episode for someone who dislike dentists so much as I do - I understand MakoPi for sure :)
in the end it was fun episode, finally got used to that ED (or copy of second ending from Fresh).
True, and for Smile I didn't notice as much since the entire season was very lighthearted and overall had a children's vibe to it. (But not as strong as this episode.)
Oct 15, 2013 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
Awkward episode, felt like an annoucment to kids to make sure they brush their teeth. If this were real life I'm sure the girls would think makopi is gross for not brushing her teeth.

Though I hardly brush mine anyway.
Oct 17, 2013 4:59 PM

Aug 2007
Putting appart that this episode teaches the kids to brush their teeths every day, I have a theory:

Madoka said in the end of the episode that she has the feeling of knowing Princess Ange from long time ago. And when she was motivating Makoto she saw in Ace the princess. So, maybe Madoka and the princess are related.
Nov 15, 2013 3:40 PM

Aug 2012
Anyone else notice that at a certain point in Makoto's transformation her arms are missing? Every single time.
Nov 29, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2011
It was funny how MakoPi got scared of the dentist.
Jan 23, 2014 8:15 PM

Jul 2008
It seems really late in the game to explain that Ai is a shield from the dark energy. It also means that the Precure are even weaker than we thought. Without Ai keeping the Selfishness's power in check, they can barely put up a fight.

Also, this is a gripe about the villains. They say "I'll grant your wish" or whatever selfish desire they have, but all they do is turn their selfish heart into some monster that resembles what they wanted in appearance. That selfishness was not giving people cavities. It would not have helped the dentist's business. IT DESTROYED HIS OFFICE.

I need to lower my expectations for this show, ugh.
May 17, 2018 6:19 AM

Apr 2012
Ah yes. Makopi, warrior of the Trump Kingdom, killer of Selfishes, is afraid of the dentist. Hahaha!

Overall funny episode.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 23, 2021 2:22 PM
Feb 2018
Didn't really mind that this episode have a "children vibe" that everyone is saying, as someone that regularly visits the orthodontist for braces, I quite enjoy an episode I can quite relate to.

Lmao Mana and Rikka cutting Ange off with their own questions, maybe Ange would have more time to explain if they didn't cut her off. Like come on, some of the stuff they ask would likely be answered without being asked since it's already on the topic.

I'm still very curious though, it seems Davie isn't entirely aware of human diseases considering how she reacted when cavities was brought up. It raises the question, do Fairies and "real Cures" get affected by human diseases? If yes then why? They aren't humans, they're just taking human forms. Or if they are then how come Makoto wasn't aware? That aside Makoto advertising the toothpaste while being unaware was pretty funny. I'd assume she just chose her human form to look good and that her brushing her teeth had nothing to do with it.

I actually really like the MOTW victim this week, because not only is it actually "selfish", it's actually something I can see people think about. The usual "oh wow a very slight minor inconvenience! I want this thing!" I don't find that realistic, when I encounter something that is a slight inconvenience I don't think "oh it's better if...", I just think "wow that sucks but I'll deal with it." I feel this is a much more realistic thought to have, after all, this isn't a slight inconvenience, it's the way you earn your living, and it's natural to be selfish when it comes to this.

Yikes though are the fight scenes still rather unlikable for me, Cure Rosetta put on such a great solo fight in her character-focused episodes, other Cures are just meh. Also odd that Cure Sword handled the Jikochu while having a cavity while the other Cures (+ Ace) struggle.

Finally it seems like in-universe people are starting to see the resemblance of Cure Ace to the Queen.
CWCFeb 23, 2021 2:28 PM
Aug 15, 2021 6:10 AM

Feb 2020
It was an educational episode for the kids. Remember to brush your teeth.

Poor Makopi.

SerafosFeb 21, 1:09 AM
Nov 23, 2023 1:25 PM

Jan 2021
"What's a cavity?"
"It's a hole in your tooth."
*takes sip*
"Ow my tooth hurts!"

Jesus Christ, this writing...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 27 Discussion

Kaengel - Aug 4, 2013

20 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 21, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 23 Discussion

symbv - Jul 6, 2013

31 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 22 Discussion

FrozenLilith - Jun 29, 2013

29 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Oct 14, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Dokidoki! Precure Episode 4 Discussion

symbv - Feb 23, 2013

27 by Archer2 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » DokiDoki! Precure Episode 47 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 18, 2014

16 by Animelover875 »»
Apr 16, 2023 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.