Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion

Aug 24, 2015 12:26 AM
SO much better than SAO. Thank God!

Sep 19, 2015 10:14 AM

Ugh, I really am loving this anime so far lol, its just great.

I loved the PvP battle scene, it was really well done imo. I really loved the emphasis on needing good teamwork and strategy. You know, the things you would need in an actual MMO. That's one of the things that really turned me off from watching SAO, since I heard it was all based around 1 character getting stronger. Which imo is not the way to go with this type of show.

Its also interesting to learn that they just respawn when they die, like they would in a normal game. I wasn't expecting that to be honest. Although I have a feeling that Shiroe's comment about their possibly being unforeseen consequences will turn out to be true.
Modified by Shape430, Sep 19, 2015 10:17 AM

Oct 6, 2015 12:56 AM

Of course there has to be PK'ing in an anime like this. Wouldn't be dramatic enough without it, however it's not like SAO rules though which is kinda good.

Nov 24, 2015 2:37 PM

Okay, so they still weren't clear on the death penalty yet. So, if the part fails, what do they lose? Some items and gold? Why not store money and gold with another player while about to embark on something dangerous? No sense of danger here because dying means nothing.

Oh wait, they are just bored so I guess "saving" someone will occupy their time.

At least not yet. Hopefully it gets better, I failed to see the awesomeness of this show, was it all hype?
3/5

Jan 1, 2016 2:55 PM

The PK fight was pretty good, nice to see Shiroe's title of strategist isn't just for show. Could've used a scant less blow by blow narration but it didn't ruin it for me. The griffin's were really cool.

Death and money seem pretty inconsequential in this game which does rob the battle of real weight or importance. Even their levels are maxed out so it's not like they lose any progress, heh.

The humor still isn't doing much for me and members of that guild are a bit obnoxious. Still I'm glad our team has something to do and the soundtrack by Yasaharu Takanashi is good enough that even if the show outright sucked I'd probably keep trucking just for it.

Feb 19, 2016 3:16 PM

So far, they maintain the most happy resolution of a situation i which you wake up trapped in a game.
No one talks about that fact but, ok. The anime is good, but I expect further development.

The fight was actually cool. Great teamwork. I don't play MMOs a la Wow or LoL but I can grasp the idea
behind all that, I mean, the mechanics, so I don't feel lost.

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

Oct 8, 2016 10:43 AM

I liked the fight during the first half, Shiroe being a really smart strategist.
Naotsugu is an amazing tank!
Akatsuki being sneaky in the background as an assassin.

Oct 11, 2017 6:41 AM

_Dazzle_ said:
Okay, so they still weren't clear on the death penalty yet. So, if the part fails, what do they lose? Some items and gold? Why not store money and gold with another player while about to embark on something dangerous? No sense of danger here because dying means nothing.

Oh wait, they are just bored so I guess "saving" someone will occupy their time.

At least not yet. Hopefully it gets better, I failed to see the awesomeness of this show, was it all hype?
3/5

about death, anime spoilers ahead

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
Modified by Nexu, Oct 21, 2017 7:02 AM

Apr 5, 2018 1:25 AM

I hope it will get more interesting I kinda feel it's a little bit slow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 25, 2018 4:48 AM

So nobody gets to die for real yet? I guess that's a good news.

Good party skills and support, and the confidence to wield them.

Behold flying mounts, sweet!
Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.

Feb 2, 7:28 PM

They discovered that adventurers are not in life risk, they reborn as in the original game, and that the game doesn’t allow fight in the town. Adventurers started to ambush other adventures, they are called player killers. Shiroe’s group found a group of player killers, both they defeated them. Shiroe concluded that the adventurers became PK because they don’t have any more to do. After Marie explained Shiroe that they are gonna send their best adventurers to the other town (Susukino) to look for Serara (they actually wanted Shiroe to take care of the guild), he offered to go by himself. They started they travel by horse and then by hippogriff.

It is interesting how Shiroe develops his ideas about how is everything working. Fortunately, they are high level adventurers, and is not easy to get defeated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 18, 1:45 AM

So far, so good. Let’s kick a little PKer ass.

Sep 4, 1:54 PM

Oh man, I like that teamwork fight. And I enjoy the bonus of the satisfaction seeing the PKers getting PKed themselves!

A dozen of classes with many more speciality. It's always nice to hear that whether it's an actual MMORPG game or a show about MMORPG.

The first thought that crossed to my mind when Shiroe was wondering what to do in this otherwise goal-less-life was to conquer the world! or at least conquer the Japanese server area? Either way the story is picking up its pace now that the trio has gone out on their new adventure.

Sep 27, 3:01 PM

Akatsuki is so cute lmfao

Also gryphons OP

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]