Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion


Oct 13, 2013 6:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 92
Barion-Zara said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
Barion-Zara said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
RediceRyan said:
Pretty darn good episode.
Only thing they need to address is their bodies in the real world. How that all works


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duboBiAKmX0

just look at the PV . Their body are suck into the game .


Is that really the PV for the anime? Or fan made by a LN reader?


It is official PV for manga adaption not fanmade


Oh, I see. It looks great :D


Here

http://www.mangapark.com/manga/log-horizon/v1/c1/all

Chap 1 , Different than Anime but show us that Shiro is suck into the game . It stared from episode 3 and mention about fruit have taste while normal food don't have
Modified by Ignis_Scientia, Oct 13, 2013 6:41 AM
 
Oct 13, 2013 6:37 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 49
Senninn1 said:
Still don't like Shiroe as much as Kirito. I don't like the glasses, His class is boring. However i love Akatsuki, Cute, Strong, Ninja and Cute.

yeah, sure, just kiritard with F**king emo plot sheild make people who never make a good term on MMORPG feel good.
 
Oct 13, 2013 6:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6388
Senninn1 said:
Still don't like Shiroe as much as Kirito. I don't like the glasses, His class is boring. However i love Akatsuki, Cute, Strong, Ninja and Cute.



What's so good about Kirito?

Cuz his team always sucks and he went "raaahh" and carry everything?
Cuz he hide his identity for no reason at all and get his friends killed?
Cuz he's a dual-wielding, noob stomping, highest level, chick magnet, pretty face, rage-driven, lone wolf swordsman?

I'm lost.

Or is it because he wear edgy black outfit?

EDIT: Don't mind my signature, I at least liked Sachi in SAO, the only realistic character in the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 13, 2013 6:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
AirStyles said:
Senninn1 said:
Still don't like Shiroe as much as Kirito. I don't like the glasses, His class is boring. However i love Akatsuki, Cute, Strong, Ninja and Cute.



What's so good about Kirito?

Cuz his team always sucks and he went "raaahh" and carry everything?
Cuz he hide his identity for no reason at all and get his friends killed?
Cuz he's a dual-wielding, noob stomping, highest level, chick magnet, pretty face, rage-driven, lone wolf swordsman?

I'm lost.

Or is it because he wear edgy black outfit?

EDIT: Don't mind my signature, I at least liked Sachi in SAO, the only realistic character in the show.


I thought u like SAO and kirit cause u has him as your sig.
Oh well, I like this kind of main character more than any others. He reminds me of Lelouch who uses brain to defeat the enemies and tackle problems.
 
Oct 13, 2013 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 350
Shiroe as the MC is a little bit boring, but when he enters that strategic mode of his (dark, wavy background), it's pretty interesting. I love how they dive into the classes and subclasses, something that I wanted SAO to do, but never did.

The art is a bit bland and uncolourful in my opinion, it wasn't as nice as SAO. I'm not really finding the ninja cute or anything either. But the series is intersting, I'll continue with it.
 
Oct 13, 2013 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1262
assasin girl is very cuute <33
 
Oct 13, 2013 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2687
I really like this show :)
The MC is so cool. Plus, akatsuki is so cute ^_____^
And they're so informative about the game.

I like this more than SAO. :P
 
Oct 13, 2013 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
There are obvious similarities between this and SAO; the fight scenes have the same mechanics and there's budding romance going on between Shiroe and (moe) Akatsuki. I don't think it's fully justified for people to say that the two series are entirely different.

still going to love SAO more than LH though lol
the irreplaceable one existed there~

 
Oct 13, 2013 10:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 144
AirStyles said:

Cuz he's a dual-wielding, noob stomping, highest level, chick magnet, pretty face, rage-driven, lone wolf swordsman?

Or is it because he wear edgy black outfit?
.


That's why.
Don't get me wrong i like Shiroe but not as much as Kirito, Why? Well because Shiroe is boring. I like smart MC's like Lelouch, I like Smart and Strong MC's like Izayoi. But something with Shiroe makes him boring, and tbh i don't like his glasses, if he had glasses like Jin and/or was as badass as Jin then i would've liked him. Or if he didn't glasses at all.

And i don't like his class, i don't like the Support/ish mage if he was like a straight up attack mage like Rynet Lute without the alpha stigma then i would've probably liked him more than Kirito, but he isn't anything of the things i said.
 
Oct 13, 2013 10:26 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 49
mung_rin said:
There are obvious similarities between this and SAO; the fight scenes have the same mechanics and there's budding romance going on between Shiroe and (moe) Akatsuki. I don't think it's fully justified for people to say that the two series are entirely different.

still going to love SAO more than LH though lol


Wait? what you say ? "same mechanics"
do you just watch wrong anime ?

Senninn1 said:
AirStyles said:

Cuz he's a dual-wielding, noob stomping, highest level, chick magnet, pretty face, rage-driven, lone wolf swordsman?

Or is it because he wear edgy black outfit?
.


That's why.
Don't get me wrong i like Shiroe but not as much as Kirito, Why? Well because Shiroe is boring. I like smart MC's like Lelouch, I like Smart and Strong MC's like Izayoi. But something with Shiroe makes him boring, and tbh i don't like his glasses, if he had glasses like Jin and/or was as badass as Jin then i would've liked him. Or if he didn't glasses at all.

And i don't like his class, i don't like the Support/ish mage if he was like a straight up attack mage like Rynet Lute without the alpha stigma then i would've probably liked him more than Kirito, but he isn't anything of the things i said.

hue hue, i can see that you never get a good teammate when going play MMORPG
 
Oct 13, 2013 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 46936
I can kind of see why the Kirito fans are saying that Shiroe doesn't live up to the "badass" MC. But I like Shiroe more this way, because he actually has flaws, inner issues, and he actually takes time to think of ways on how to maximum his team's skill. Of course, SAO has the upperhand in terms of character design and art but in this show, you actually see some more thought in the execution and plot.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Oct 13, 2013 11:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 144
Fhantom_chaos said:

hue hue, i can see that you never get a good teammate when going play MMORPG


I don't really play MMORPG, Well i did play Tera and World of Warcraft alittle with my friend, but i never really got into MMORPG scene. Well i was thinking about starting playing Tera or WoW again or start playing Aion Online.
 
Oct 13, 2013 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 498
I loved shiroe's character design... he looks so much like me XD
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
 
Oct 13, 2013 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6388
Senninn1 said:
AirStyles said:

Cuz he's a dual-wielding, noob stomping, highest level, chick magnet, pretty face, rage-driven, lone wolf swordsman?

Or is it because he wear edgy black outfit?
.


That's why.
Don't get me wrong i like Shiroe but not as much as Kirito, Why? Well because Shiroe is boring. I like smart MC's like Lelouch, I like Smart and Strong MC's like Izayoi. But something with Shiroe makes him boring, and tbh i don't like his glasses, if he had glasses like Jin and/or was as badass as Jin then i would've liked him. Or if he didn't glasses at all.

And i don't like his class, i don't like the Support/ish mage if he was like a straight up attack mage like Rynet Lute without the alpha stigma then i would've probably liked him more than Kirito, but he isn't anything of the things i said.


In other word.

Shiro is not "the hero", "the big bread winner", "the one drench in spotlight". Thus he don't appeal to you as much

Can't blame you though, as seen in all MMORPG, or even MOBA, support class are always the least popular, cuz everyone wants to be the hero, the big bread winner, the coolest bastard in the front line carrying his nooby teammates.


I used to think that as well, back in the days. I thought that the hero are the winner, and anyone can play support cuz it's such a boring role.

It isn't until I start playing support role in both MMORPG and Moba games, that I actually learn that the spotlights on the supposed "hero" are extremely deceiving... The support roles are very dynamic. Unlike the hero, who only need to focus on taking down target, the support are the ones keeping the whole team/party in check.


Basically, the difference between the support and the hero are as below.

HERO
"I can do everything myself, the rest are holding me back, and I have to keep saving their asses when they're in trouble, I have to get us through this somehow, it's up to me"
vs
SUPPORT
"I'll make sure we are always in the best position to achieve the best outcome, together, we will get through this."
Modified by AirStyles, Oct 13, 2013 11:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 13, 2013 12:39 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 49
Senninn1 said:
Fhantom_chaos said:

hue hue, i can see that you never get a good teammate when going play MMORPG


I don't really play MMORPG, Well i did play Tera and World of Warcraft alittle with my friend, but i never really got into MMORPG scene. Well i was thinking about starting playing Tera or WoW again or start playing Aion Online.

no, if you really want to know how fun when play class like Shireo, i sugget you play ragnarok
 
Oct 13, 2013 1:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 732
Man, do those trio really do kick ass.
 
Oct 13, 2013 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 8302
im liking the characters, setting an music, this is my fav anime of the season so far
 
Oct 13, 2013 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
Way better than SAO for the moment (it's not hard, though). I'm not really feeling the characters and their rather childish archetype, although I still think it lacks some tension, but I guess they can improve it a bit when the story starts developping a bit more. It's still a nice surprise for the moment though.
 
Oct 13, 2013 1:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 144
AirStyles said:

In other word.

Shiro is not "the hero", "the big bread winner", "the one drench in spotlight". Thus he don't appeal to you as much

Can't blame you though, as seen in all MMORPG, or even MOBA, support class are always the least popular, cuz everyone wants to be the hero, the big bread winner, the coolest bastard in the front line carrying his nooby teammates.


I used to think that as well, back in the days. I thought that the hero are the winner, and anyone can play support cuz it's such a boring role.

It isn't until I start playing support role in both MMORPG and Moba games, that I actually learn that the spotlights on the supposed "hero" are extremely deceiving... The support roles are very dynamic. Unlike the hero, who only need to focus on taking down target, the support are the ones keeping the whole team/party in check.


Basically, the difference between the support and the hero are as below.

HERO
"I can do everything myself, the rest are holding me back, and I have to keep saving their asses when they're in trouble, I have to get us through this somehow, it's up to me"
vs
SUPPORT
"I'll make sure we are always in the best position to achieve the best outcome, together, we will get through this."


When i'm playing Moba games mostly League Of Legends and Smite (if smite is a moba) then i'm playing mostly Supporty Jungler and Support, sometimes Mage (Mid), Fighter (top).

I like supporting and stuff but when i'm watching anime i like the MC to be a strong assassin or fighter or something like that. I'm digging that they made Shiroe something different like a support because many anime doesn't have that kind of MC but it's just my personal preference that i like MC that are fighters.
 
Oct 13, 2013 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 163
i am becoming interested with their old team debeauchery tea party,

was naotsugu a member of debauchery tea party?
these guys said " i want to go to heaven ". they didn't even realise their action is leading them to hell.
 
Oct 13, 2013 5:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1466
Oh you can die in this and respawn? thats no fun....
 
Oct 13, 2013 5:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 322
AirStyles said:
Senninn1 said:
AirStyles said:

Cuz he's a dual-wielding, noob stomping, highest level, chick magnet, pretty face, rage-driven, lone wolf swordsman?

Or is it because he wear edgy black outfit?
.


That's why.
Don't get me wrong i like Shiroe but not as much as Kirito, Why? Well because Shiroe is boring. I like smart MC's like Lelouch, I like Smart and Strong MC's like Izayoi. But something with Shiroe makes him boring, and tbh i don't like his glasses, if he had glasses like Jin and/or was as badass as Jin then i would've liked him. Or if he didn't glasses at all.

And i don't like his class, i don't like the Support/ish mage if he was like a straight up attack mage like Rynet Lute without the alpha stigma then i would've probably liked him more than Kirito, but he isn't anything of the things i said.


In other word.

Shiro is not "the hero", "the big bread winner", "the one drench in spotlight". Thus he don't appeal to you as much

Can't blame you though, as seen in all MMORPG, or even MOBA, support class are always the least popular, cuz everyone wants to be the hero, the big bread winner, the coolest bastard in the front line carrying his nooby teammates.


I used to think that as well, back in the days. I thought that the hero are the winner, and anyone can play support cuz it's such a boring role.

It isn't until I start playing support role in both MMORPG and Moba games, that I actually learn that the spotlights on the supposed "hero" are extremely deceiving... The support roles are very dynamic. Unlike the hero, who only need to focus on taking down target, the support are the ones keeping the whole team/party in check.


Basically, the difference between the support and the hero are as below.

HERO
"I can do everything myself, the rest are holding me back, and I have to keep saving their asses when they're in trouble, I have to get us through this somehow, it's up to me"
vs
SUPPORT
"I'll make sure we are always in the best position to achieve the best outcome, together, we will get through this."


In everything mmorpg, I always have a support character as my main, and a sword wielding class that is pure dps that ignores all defense as a side character. So I can totally related to your statement. Quite often, the tank or the healer/support class are the blame for any failure in a dungeon run or raids.

Don't forget, in the past, a lot of shitty MMOs makes playing support a shitty role, because all you are is a heal bots. Scion of Fate is the worse, you stand still spamming AoE heal only, and using mana potion every few intervals.

More modern games as put more thought into the support role, and are more enjoyable to play these days. Right now, I play as a Mystic in Tera Rising, or I'm working on getting a Scholaror Bard in Final Fantasy XIV. If you're ever in a bad PuG, you will have to start deciding who to ignore and let them die in order for the party to succeed for certain reason. Get use to them bitching to you in whisper afterwards, lol. When that happen, use blacklist =p

I believe many people do not like the main character because he is not neither of the calm cool OP type, or the type that has a strong (exaggeration) personality. They probably would like to have a character similar to Roto from the Manhwa, Yureka. The characters' facial express are exaggerated and enjoyable to watch.

As for this series, I like Akatsuki the best for her hardcore RP personality. When I saw her play that scene where she swore her loyalty to her lord won me over.
 
Oct 13, 2013 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13533
mung_rin said:
There are obvious similarities between this and SAO; the fight scenes have the same mechanics and there's budding romance going on between Shiroe and (moe) Akatsuki. I don't think it's fully justified for people to say that the two series are entirely different.

still going to love SAO more than LH though lol


Same mechanics? You mean the fact that both are MMOs? So far, fights have been completely different otherwise. SAO's were based on who had the higher levels/power ups/will power, LH's are about teamwork and strategy based on roles.

Confused as to why you think the romance is a similarity as well. Log Horizon's hinted romance would be the result of Shiroe and Akatsuki's already established past working in parties together, and the fact that they are already so familiar with each other. The romance in SAO was a result of the psychological fear of never leaving the game and finding someone who you wanted to spend those last bits of your life with happily.

I know it's easy to want to compare the two series because of how nearly identical their synopses are, but Log Horizon is a completely different series as it stands right now.
 
Oct 13, 2013 7:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2400
I started to like this anime :3
damn akatsuki is really cute seriously :3
and.. those PK players :3 nice nice strategy..
and those griffon in the end :3 what a suprise
 
Oct 13, 2013 7:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 758
Mikenzb said:
Oh you can die in this and respawn? thats no fun....
If it stays that way for the whole series there's going to be some huge issues with this show (making it worse than Sword Art Online).
 
Oct 13, 2013 7:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 46936
LoneWolfRain said:
Mikenzb said:
Oh you can die in this and respawn? thats no fun....
If it stays that way for the whole series there's going to be some huge issues with this show (making it worse than Sword Art Online).

I can see that a bigger mystery will be painted in the future. It foreshadowed it already in this episode.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Oct 13, 2013 7:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 758
mayukachan said:
LoneWolfRain said:
Mikenzb said:
Oh you can die in this and respawn? thats no fun....
If it stays that way for the whole series there's going to be some huge issues with this show (making it worse than Sword Art Online).

I can see that a bigger mystery will be painted in the future. It foreshadowed it already in this episode.
Hopefully, you're right. I just don't like that there's pretty much no sense of danger since there is barely any consequence for dying in the game.
 
Oct 13, 2013 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1787
LoneWolfRain said:
Mikenzb said:
Oh you can die in this and respawn? thats no fun....
If it stays that way for the whole series there's going to be some huge issues with this show (making it worse than Sword Art Online).

I can't see this series being worse than SAO.

If you die for real in this, then its only going to get more SAO clone accusations.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
 
Oct 13, 2013 7:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 758
HalfMetalJacket said:
LoneWolfRain said:
Mikenzb said:
Oh you can die in this and respawn? thats no fun....
If it stays that way for the whole series there's going to be some huge issues with this show (making it worse than Sword Art Online).

I can't see this series being worse than SAO.

If you die for real in this, then its only going to get more SAO clone accusations.
I'm not even concerned with the "SAO clone" accusations. This series shouldn't be criticized based on a comparison to SAO. If this were to do something similar to SAO (besides the in-game premise) but it does it better, that's a good thing.
 
Oct 13, 2013 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1787
LoneWolfRain said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
LoneWolfRain said:
Mikenzb said:
Oh you can die in this and respawn? thats no fun....
If it stays that way for the whole series there's going to be some huge issues with this show (making it worse than Sword Art Online).

I can't see this series being worse than SAO.

If you die for real in this, then its only going to get more SAO clone accusations.
I'm not even concerned with the "SAO clone" accusations. This series shouldn't be criticized based on a comparison to SAO. If this were to do something similar to SAO (besides the in-game premise) but it does it better, that's a good thing.

Still going to get accused of copying SAO regardless.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
 
Oct 13, 2013 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3847
Two big problems with this show.

1. The main characters acted like killing other players was extremely wrong, but they proceeded to kill other players just a few minutes later. I understand that they were acting in self defense, but I'm sure they could have avoided conflict if they had such a good scout. Huge double standard right there.

2. 450km isn't that far away. If we can assume that the griffins travel at a modest 25mph, that would convert to 40kmph. It would only take them 11.25 hours to make that journey. It would suck, but I've had to make drives that long when I needed to.

This anime is up in the air at the moment. The main character noted this himself when he recognize that there isn't anything for him to do. This anime needs to provide a large quest worthy of devoting 25 episodes to or quickly change into a slice of life story that happens to take place in a game.
 
Oct 13, 2013 9:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 46936
Phaetons_Folly said:
1. The main characters acted like killing other players was extremely wrong, but they proceeded to kill other players just a few minutes later. I understand that they were acting in self defense, but I'm sure they could have avoided conflict if they had such a good scout. Huge double standard right there.

Yeah I also wondered about this. They were kind of hypocritical...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Oct 13, 2013 10:22 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 49
Phaetons_Folly said:
Two big problems with this show.

1. The main characters acted like killing other players was extremely wrong, but they proceeded to kill other players just a few minutes later. I understand that they were acting in self defense, but I'm sure they could have avoided conflict if they had such a good scout. Huge double standard right there.

2. 450km isn't that far away. If we can assume that the griffins travel at a modest 25mph, that would convert to 40kmph. It would only take them 11.25 hours to make that journey. It would suck, but I've had to make drives that long when I needed to.

This anime is up in the air at the moment. The main character noted this himself when he recognize that there isn't anything for him to do. This anime needs to provide a large quest worthy of devoting 25 episodes to or quickly change into a slice of life story that happens to take place in a game.

1. I can see that they just want dive that PKs, after all, no one die here.
let think like a gamer. I have some over power, I know there some bad guy. OK, let take them out. That what gamer do on MMORPG
2. you know that griffon just can fly 4 hours in a day and have some mountain full of dragon where they can't fly thrown make they must walk on the ground
Modified by Fhantom_chaos, Oct 13, 2013 10:32 PM
 
Oct 14, 2013 12:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 86
I'm honestly not all that sure about this show yet. I want to say I like because all in all it seems like it will get good but I don't yet. So far this show seems too slow and dragged out with repeating the same things over and over while pulling the same slap stick jokes.

I'm honestly surprised by how much I don't even like or care about the OP or ED (I've skipped them after the first time). Its very rare that I don't like the music in anime so its a bit odd for me. My other big complaint is that they're trying to push how "KAWII" Akatsuki is when shes really not all that in my opinion.

I guess I'm being kinda unfair with this show considering I'm mostly comparing this show to SAO which isn't a fair comparison at this point. SAO = fast and epic Log Horizon = slow and methodical.

I really hope this show picks up soon because dreary monologues and "strategy" (which everyone seems to be raving about but is nothing special at all and pretty pathetic/weak in terms of logic and sensibility) are not enough to keep me watching.

Just so its clear: No, I am not a fan-boy and yes, I do like bad anime.
You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.

Bruce Lee
 
Oct 14, 2013 1:21 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 124
Great episode.

I'm guessing the main plot of this would be the expansion pack they're talking about.

I don't quite think the pacing is "slow", it's a 2 cour for that reason.

Kudos to the creators for making Shiroe a support-class.
 
Oct 14, 2013 1:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 322
Well when I don't feel like playing MMOs, bad anime are there to past the time, so I can relate to that tike, lol. Sometimes you don't feel like interacting or actually playing anything, just want to lay back and watch/read the story unfold itself.

I won't be surprise if people say I have poor taste. I just enjoy what I enjoy. If I know I will enjoy a series for sure, I try to resist watching it until the series is done so I can watch it all in a single setting =3 only works for series I've read the LN or manga for though =S

I personally enjoy the combat in this series because it is more on strategic combat level in an MMOs. It is not the usually OP char owning the enemy, usually after failing hard then going through some training routine, or having an epiphany to become strong spontaneously.
 
Oct 14, 2013 3:41 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 697
The Max Party Is 6 why dont they get some High Level Healer to help them on there Journey
 
Oct 14, 2013 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 174
I don't know guys, being suck into a game and being unable to die even if you wanted to (or go home) and having nothing to do (for now), while the food tastes like nothing?

Looks like a fate way harsher then death.
 
Oct 14, 2013 5:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 92
5596050 said:
I don't know guys, being suck into a game and being unable to die even if you wanted to (or go home) and having nothing to do (for now), while the food tastes like nothing?

Looks like a fate way harsher then death.


Some people read Light Novel spoil that

Modified by Aversa, Oct 14, 2013 7:00 AM
 
Oct 14, 2013 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 174
That
Ignis_Scientia said:
5596050 said:
I don't know guys, being suck into a game and being unable to die even if you wanted to (or go home) and having nothing to do (for now), while the food tastes like nothing?

Looks like a fate way harsher then death.


Some people read Light Novel spoil that



Modified by Aversa, Oct 14, 2013 7:01 AM
 
Oct 14, 2013 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3035
Akatsuki <3!! Yeah the cast is pretty great, MC is pretty interesting. That Griff(i)on!
Really liking it so far :)
 
Oct 14, 2013 6:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1100
dend08 said:
i am becoming interested with their old team debeauchery tea party,

was naotsugu a member of debauchery tea party?


yes i believe he was one of them. You can see Naotsugu (and that cat person) standing beside Shiroe and the rest of the members in the flashback of episode 1

Ignis_Scientia said:
5596050 said:
I don't know guys, being suck into a game and being unable to die even if you wanted to (or go home) and having nothing to do (for now), while the food tastes like nothing?

Looks like a fate way harsher then death.


Some people read Light Novel spoil that



whoa, that would definitely make the anime far more interesting.


and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
 
Oct 14, 2013 7:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 269
ZUUUTOOOO ZUUUTOOOO
man i love the ED song so much lol
oh and DATABASE
 
Oct 14, 2013 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 92
Choroshi said:
[

whoa, that would definitely make the anime far more interesting.


There are a lot of information about this .
Modified by Ignis_Scientia, Oct 14, 2013 7:16 AM
 
Oct 14, 2013 7:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 671
R- said:
there is actually strategy in the battles depending on the classes involved, that's how a mmorpg anime should be, fucking amazing

Ignis_Scientia said:
5596050 said:
I don't know guys, being suck into a game and being unable to die even if you wanted to (or go home) and having nothing to do (for now), while the food tastes like nothing?

Looks like a fate way harsher then death.


Some people read Light Novel spoil that


Woah woah. That's awesome.
Modified by onepine, Oct 14, 2013 7:30 AM
 
Oct 14, 2013 7:28 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 304
Damn now this is feels more like an MMO. Im seriously hooked!! I like the MC because he's not just good because of overpowered shit and stuff but because he has skills and damn Akatsuki!!! Cant resist her moeness O_O. And also explaining the PK mode and Class types was pretty interesting. Cant wait for more :D
Tch.
 
Oct 14, 2013 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 307
Phaetons_Folly said:
Two big problems with this show.

1. The main characters acted like killing other players was extremely wrong, but they proceeded to kill other players just a few minutes later. I understand that they were acting in self defense, but I'm sure they could have avoided conflict if they had such a good scout. Huge double standard right there.


It's just like an MMORPG. Griefing is frowned upon, but counter-griefing griefers is not. Not a double standard at all.

This anime is up in the air at the moment. The main character noted this himself when he recognize that there isn't anything for him to do. This anime needs to provide a large quest worthy of devoting 25 episodes to or quickly change into a slice of life story that happens to take place in a game.


Given the nature of the setting (MMORPG), it's unlikely that it's going to turn into slice-of-life...
 
Oct 14, 2013 10:15 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 49
suphazza said:
The first half was better than the second, it was a little too fast paced though, but overall it was a very good episode.
I still don't really like Akatsuki's character though, too moe.
& if you can't die in the game, i have no idea how this is anime is going to turn out.
Hopefully it'll get more in depth about the expansion pack

WHy people always think about died ?
there many thing wrost and wrost than died
people just too go to SAO, even in .hack people don't really died even they be kill
 
Oct 14, 2013 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 46936
suphazza said:
I still don't really like Akatsuki's character though, too moe.

Yeah this. I feel like the main purpose of her existence in this show is to provide moe and cuteness to the audience. Kind of like Magi's Morgiana except Morg actually has a backstory and develops much more as a character.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Oct 14, 2013 10:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 254
What was wrong about the Crescent Moon Alliance going with a party of 6? Are they all not lvl 90?
 
Top
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »