Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Sep 19, 2015 10:14 AM

Feb 2013
Ugh, I really am loving this anime so far lol, its just great.

I loved the PvP battle scene, it was really well done imo. I really loved the emphasis on needing good teamwork and strategy. You know, the things you would need in an actual MMO. That's one of the things that really turned me off from watching SAO, since I heard it was all based around 1 character getting stronger. Which imo is not the way to go with this type of show.

Its also interesting to learn that they just respawn when they die, like they would in a normal game. I wasn't expecting that to be honest. Although I have a feeling that Shiroe's comment about their possibly being unforeseen consequences will turn out to be true.
Shape430Sep 19, 2015 10:17 AM
Oct 6, 2015 12:56 AM

Jul 2008
Of course there has to be PK'ing in an anime like this. Wouldn't be dramatic enough without it, however it's not like SAO rules though which is kinda good.
Nov 24, 2015 2:37 PM

May 2014
Okay, so they still weren't clear on the death penalty yet. So, if the part fails, what do they lose? Some items and gold? Why not store money and gold with another player while about to embark on something dangerous? No sense of danger here because dying means nothing.

Oh wait, they are just bored so I guess "saving" someone will occupy their time.

At least not yet. Hopefully it gets better, I failed to see the awesomeness of this show, was it all hype?
3/5
Jan 1, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2009
The PK fight was pretty good, nice to see Shiroe's title of strategist isn't just for show. Could've used a scant less blow by blow narration but it didn't ruin it for me. The griffin's were really cool.

Death and money seem pretty inconsequential in this game which does rob the battle of real weight or importance. Even their levels are maxed out so it's not like they lose any progress, heh.

The humor still isn't doing much for me and members of that guild are a bit obnoxious. Still I'm glad our team has something to do and the soundtrack by Yasaharu Takanashi is good enough that even if the show outright sucked I'd probably keep trucking just for it.
Feb 19, 2016 3:16 PM

Nov 2015
So far, they maintain the most happy resolution of a situation i which you wake up trapped in a game.
No one talks about that fact but, ok. The anime is good, but I expect further development.

The fight was actually cool. Great teamwork. I don't play MMOs a la Wow or LoL but I can grasp the idea
behind all that, I mean, the mechanics, so I don't feel lost.
Oct 8, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
I liked the fight during the first half, Shiroe being a really smart strategist.
Naotsugu is an amazing tank!
Akatsuki being sneaky in the background as an assassin.
Oct 11, 2017 6:41 AM

Sep 2012
_Dazzle_ said:
Okay, so they still weren't clear on the death penalty yet. So, if the part fails, what do they lose? Some items and gold? Why not store money and gold with another player while about to embark on something dangerous? No sense of danger here because dying means nothing.

Oh wait, they are just bored so I guess "saving" someone will occupy their time.

At least not yet. Hopefully it gets better, I failed to see the awesomeness of this show, was it all hype?
3/5

about death, anime spoilers ahead

but if u want to avoid spoiler short ver is if there is penalty they don't know of it yet
Sugram22May 10, 2021 5:03 AM
Apr 5, 2018 1:25 AM

May 2016
I hope it will get more interesting I kinda feel it's a little bit slow.
Apr 25, 2018 4:48 AM

Apr 2009
So nobody gets to die for real yet? I guess that's a good news.

Good party skills and support, and the confidence to wield them.

Behold flying mounts, sweet!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 2, 2019 7:28 PM

Feb 2015
They discovered that adventurers are not in life risk, they reborn as in the original game, and that the game doesn’t allow fight in the town. Adventurers started to ambush other adventures, they are called player killers. Shiroe’s group found a group of player killers, both they defeated them. Shiroe concluded that the adventurers became PK because they don’t have any more to do. After Marie explained Shiroe that they are gonna send their best adventurers to the other town (Susukino) to look for Serara (they actually wanted Shiroe to take care of the guild), he offered to go by himself. They started they travel by horse and then by hippogriff.

It is interesting how Shiroe develops his ideas about how is everything working. Fortunately, they are high level adventurers, and is not easy to get defeated.
Apr 18, 2019 1:45 AM

Aug 2018
So far, so good. Let’s kick a little PKer ass.
Sep 4, 2019 1:54 PM

Mar 2016
Oh man, I like that teamwork fight. And I enjoy the bonus of the satisfaction seeing the PKers getting PKed themselves!

A dozen of classes with many more speciality. It's always nice to hear that whether it's an actual MMORPG game or a show about MMORPG.

The first thought that crossed to my mind when Shiroe was wondering what to do in this otherwise goal-less-life was to conquer the world! or at least conquer the Japanese server area? Either way the story is picking up its pace now that the trio has gone out on their new adventure.
Sep 27, 2019 3:01 PM

Jan 2016
Akatsuki is so cute lmfao

Also gryphons OP
Mar 13, 2020 1:54 PM

Nov 2016
Pacing is still neat and I like the info dumping, at least it makes me care about the system and world.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 20, 2020 8:01 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
I liked the strategic element of the battle with the PKers. Not just someone swinging a sword and winning with the power of friendship, but which actuay strategy.

I'm enjoying the ending song, its really nice! :)
Apr 2, 2020 11:25 PM

Apr 2019
All was good but I wasn't able to understand one thing here. Why did Shiroe say that "Marie-nee's mission will fail"??
Rem is best girl
Aug 14, 2020 5:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The fight against the assassins was great, this anime even has mastermind moments, that's great.
And now they need to save that little girl, they have griffon like in WoW xD
Dec 29, 2020 4:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, thats actually happened. The death was not even the real deal for them, cause they could be revived by the cathedral building. Interesting to know that there was a several building outside the city that called pretty intriguing, such as that Loka hospital. PK was not even surprised, and thats why the little fight was not even convincing. Well, guess, its just the information that peoples just slowly lost their humanity and started did something wild for their own interest, like killing each others, and maybe more.

They pretty much stick to the typical classic MMORPG very detailed so far. PK, then calling a horses, HUD, and such. Well, its good. Because the gangs would began their first adventure. Yeah, its actually a simple req for help indirectly from that beautiful guild leader. Well, no shit, its understandable. Guess no body could even resist themself to offer the help. But, that awkward Akatsuki and Shiro moment, tho. And whats the real name of Akatsuki? Well, lets continued their little trip, then, left aside some other trivia information such as the system-project-called-what and everything on the background. Guess i just let it go, cause why? I am not even a Strategist here xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 1, 2021 2:53 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
So we learn more about the environment. I enjoy the fact that they can not die apparently. Also that they found "a mission".
PKs ... I hate those in shows ... I hate those in games xD

Really looking forward to the next ep

Mar 14, 2021 11:02 AM

Sep 2012
if i were in Akatsuki's shoes i could never open my eye's until we land cause flying like this is 2mush lol

Yiuumii said:
So we learn more about the environment. I enjoy the fact that they can not die apparently. Also that they found "a mission".
PKs ... I hate those in shows ... I hate those in games xD

Really looking forward to the next ep

specially in games what allow free PK anywhere out town ur doing ur mission and some1 PK u so annoying ofc this days all games have pvp servers for that not possible in pve server
Sugram22May 10, 2021 4:51 AM
Jul 22, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
The second episode and people are already resorting to playerkilling (not that I would do any different). Being able to revive sure is reassuring and different compared to other similiar anime.

Nov 5, 2021 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
Still feels a bit boring and flat with the presentation and character interactions, but I definitely liked this episode more than the first one. The first episode was a really lacking premiere as a whole but this episode did a better job with establishing the MMORPG elements and how core they are to this series and feels more authentic in the department than something like SAO. Plus, having PKs happen brings a little spice to this world since unlike SAO, the players here are just trapped with no idea when they get to go back or how, there's no tips or goals to achieve straight up and people have to adjust living there for the time being.

The comedy in this series though is pretty shit, man Naotsugu is not funny at all and Akatsuki's gag of kicking his ass and then asking Shiroe if she gets permission to do so was never funny and it's been done a bunch of times now in the first 2 episodes. Smh.

I hope the rest of the series gets better since I did have considerations of dropping the rewatch and just reducing the score to reflect my current feelings. While the Slime anime was godawful, at least I never felt so bored out of my mind to actually drop it in the rewatch. I'll see.
Jun 19, 2022 12:12 PM

Jun 2020
I like the worldbuilding & the griffons were amazing!!!!!♡ so cute & majestic

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 21, 2023 1:47 PM
Jan 2023
A lot of good world building going on, and I'm loving the slower pace this show is taking compared to SAO. 

Also, it's gotta suck when everything you eat and drink tastes the same. Makes sense though given it is a game world where stuff like that isn't really considered.
Jan 29, 11:38 AM
Jun 2022
Why Is The Female Lead A Loli Lol . Was Right To Drop This First Time .
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.