Tell me your top 3 favorite anime and why should i watch them

New
Oct 10, 2013 4:58 AM
May 2012
Tell me your top 3 favorite anime and why should i watch them
Oct 10, 2013 5:16 AM

Jul 2013
Katanagatari:
1. The main character is the strongest person in the Katanagatari universe. He's a beast. But the anime focuses more on his growth as a person, as he has lived up until he was 20 on an island with his sister, which caused him to be emotionally stunted.
2. The character interaction is seamless.
3. The romance between the two main characters is quirky but satisfying.
4. It hits you very unexpectedly with feels, as it's mostly comedic in nature.

AnoHana:
1. Has a very endearing group of characters, all of which have known each other since they were young. However, the death of one of them causes them all to grow apart. The anime tells the story of how they all begin to come to terms with the situation.
2. The premise of the anime is pretty interesting and creative. Has a supernatural spin which involves the ghost of the girl who died in the group.
3. This is the saddest anime I have ever watched and probably ever will.

Clannad/After Story:
1. The romance in this anime is complete. There are no loose ends or guessing for the viewer by the end of After Story.
2. There is a lot of comedy between all the drama, which is balanced very nicely.
3. This is an unusual reason, but I'd also say that the music placement was very well done in this one. At sad parts, the sad music would cue exactly where it should, etc.
4. Again, very interesting plot with a supernatural twist.
Oct 10, 2013 5:17 AM

May 2013
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: because it's a different and clever shonen, with a perfect storyline and a great cast of characters
Steins;Gate: the only anime that directly deal with the theme of time travel and parallel worlds. It has a slow beginning, but the second half of the series is amazing.
Hunter x Hunter 2011: the most original and unpredictable shonen out there. You don't know if the MC will defeat his enemy, every character can die at any moment (and when i say "die" I mean DIE,without shitty resurrections stuff), fights aren't the focus of the series (unlike DragonBall, for example) etc. The series is censored at the beginning, but now it's pretty violent (though the manga is gory from the very beginning, the most violent shonen manga I've ever read.)
Oct 10, 2013 5:34 AM
May 2012
CityofOrphans said:
Katanagatari:
1. The main character is the strongest person in the Katanagatari universe. He's a beast. But the anime focuses more on his growth as a person, as he has lived up until he was 20 on an island with his sister, which caused him to be emotionally stunted.
2. The character interaction is seamless.
3. The romance between the two main characters is quirky but satisfying.
4. It hits you very unexpectedly with feels, as it's mostly comedic in nature.

AnoHana:
1. Has a very endearing group of characters, all of which have known each other since they were young. However, the death of one of them causes them all to grow apart. The anime tells the story of how they all begin to come to terms with the situation.
2. The premise of the anime is pretty interesting and creative. Has a supernatural spin which involves the ghost of the girl who died in the group.
3. This is the saddest anime I have ever watched and probably ever will.

Clannad/After Story:
1. The romance in this anime is complete. There are no loose ends or guessing for the viewer by the end of After Story.
2. There is a lot of comedy between all the drama, which is balanced very nicely.
3. This is an unusual reason, but I'd also say that the music placement was very well done in this one. At sad parts, the sad music would cue exactly where it should, etc.
4. Again, very interesting plot with a supernatural twist.

Impressive and detailed information, thank you for it and i'm definitely going to watch all of them
Oct 10, 2013 5:36 AM
May 2012
nanny96 said:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: because it's a different and clever shonen, with a perfect storyline and a great cast of characters
Steins;Gate: the only anime that directly deal with the theme of time travel and parallel worlds. It has a slow beginning, but the second half of the series is amazing.
Hunter x Hunter 2011: the most original and unpredictable shonen out there. You don't know if the MC will defeat his enemy, every character can die at any moment (and when i say "die" I mean DIE,without shitty resurrections stuff), fights aren't the focus of the series (unlike DragonBall, for example) etc. The series is censored at the beginning, but now it's pretty violent (though the manga is gory from the very beginning, the most violent shonen manga I've ever read.)

Seen steins gate and agree with that choice, HunterxHunter
AversaOct 10, 2013 6:05 AM
Oct 10, 2013 5:39 AM
Dec 2012
1. Fate/Zero - One of the best animation I've seen (seen quite alot).
- Great Plotline and soundtrack

2. Kaiji - This is really an introductory to Akagi for many audiences to first get used to the artstyle and understand that it is the only one that will work for the plot given.
- Gambling Anime ('nuff said)

3. Akagi - Holds up to have the greatest depth and tension in any medium. Not really exaggerating to say it will change you
Oct 10, 2013 5:40 AM
May 2012
PixelByte said:
Gintama gets hilarious if you give it enough time, I was convinced that it was overrated at the beginning, almost dropped it. But I continued watching and started liking the characters more and more and so it became my favorite.
Steins;Gate because I love sci-fi and time travel concept. It starts laid back, but it gets very intense later.
Fate/Zero because art, animation, soundtrack and characters are great, everything about it is epic

I probabily won't give gintama's a chance for now, i'm more into thrillers and psychological, that's why my favorites are steins gate, mirai nikki, Death note, Monster etc..
Oct 10, 2013 5:43 AM
May 2012
Eake4 said:

2. Kaiji - This is really an introductory to Akagi for many audiences to first get used to the artstyle and understand that it is the only one that will work for the plot given.

3. Akagi - Holds up to have the greatest depth and tension in any medium. Not really exaggerating to say it will change you

Seems i have to watch fate/zero( by the way, should i start with fate/zero? Is it the first of the series) and i heard good things about kaiji and akagi, are they psychological and have game of witts? Cause if they are i am going to watch them...
Oct 10, 2013 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
afonsolight said:
Eake4 said:

Seems i have to watch fate/zero( by the way, should i start with fate/zero? Is it the first of the series) and i heard good things about kaiji and akagi, are they psychological and have game of witts? Cause if they are i am going to watch them...

Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night so you should be fine watching it first. Either order is fine.
Oct 10, 2013 6:30 AM

Mar 2013
1. Clannad After Story w/ Clannad

You have to watch Clannad first before as Clannad After Story is the sequel. This is the best anime I've ever seen to this day. It is such an amazing story.

2. Code Geass

This is an action anime that has a great plot that makes you want to keep watching more after every episode.

3. Steins Gate

Very good story! Awesome OP! Everything great

4 and 5 : AnoHana and Toradora
Oct 10, 2013 7:13 AM
Oct 2013
1. Monster. Incredible story that keeps up the suspense for some 70 episodes before going out with a bang. Great story telling, very realistic art style and absolutely amazing characters.

2. GTO. Never thought this would become one of my favourite anime as I detest slice of life stuff but this one is absolutely hilarious. Great combination of humour and ecchi and amazing character development.

3. Hellsing Ultimate. Vampires, Nazis, regenerating clergymen with big knives...epitome of awesomeness.
Oct 10, 2013 7:34 AM

Sep 2013
Mirai Nikki: I know there's alot of people who doesn't like the show, but i'm so in love with it.
1: The characters are all so different in personality from each other. It's hard not to like at least one of them.
2: There's good fighting scenes in it, and it's awesome to watch a girl kick ass like that.
3: There's a cute romance, but the guy keeps being afraid of the girl, but i can't really tell how it will end up between them.

Death note:
1: The story is amazing and it's something that you can't stop watching.
2: The characters are so damn unique, i have so many favourites in it.
3: L is cute, Light is hot. Love both of them, but L seems to be my favourite. You know why, when you watch it.

Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama:
1: Because Usui is so damn sexy i can't help it.
2: The romance in it is so cute, they're always there for each other and really gets a strong friendship already in the start of the show.
3: You can't stop laughing.
Oct 10, 2013 7:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica:
Taught me the valuable lesson to not judge a book by its cover. Complete genre deconstruction and a lot of plot twists. Really emotional and not afraid to break norms.

Steins;Gate:
The best VN => Anime adaptation to date, fantastic story with an amazing ending to boot. Also has the best male protagonist I've ever seen.

Code Geass:
Crazy large-scale with a really intruiging and action-filled storyline with many twists and turns. Has the most popular character on MAL as its protagonist and with good reason at that.
Oct 10, 2013 7:50 AM

Oct 2012
Shinsekai Yori
-The show has got one of the most engaging and overall "epic" plots I've ever seen. Each episode leaves you with more questions that begin to be answered slowly, and usually accompanied by a shock. The show also builds an awesome post-apocalyptic setting: one on which mankind had to go back to its past.
-Interesting character interactions. The main characters are 5 kids, all with different personalities, goals, and perhaps their own secrets...
-The show makes you think about many on-going issues: discrimination, abuse by authorities, conspirations, secrecy, betrayal-- all this without being "pushy" about it.
-Finally, the show has GREAT momentum. It starts off as something pretty normal, though from the get-go you get the feeling that something is wrong already. Things go from bad to worse for the kids... loads of scary, funny, sad, cry-worthy moments.

*Bonus: If you're a fan of OSTs, this show has a GREAT one.

Baccano!
-Interesting, non-linear storytelling. The show jumps back and forth showing you events that occured in 3 different years involving the same characters.
-LOADS of great character. Each character is memorable and unique. From crazy psychopaths, deceiving kids, hilarious "thief" couples, monsters, alchemists, homunculi... this show has it all!
-Everyone needs a little bit of Baccano! in their lives!

*Bonus: Also has great OST, and a great conclusion through the 4 "special" episodes.

Mononoke
This show is hit or miss, really. I'll try to explain why I like it, though!
-Mononoke has got one of the most intriguing, and at the same time, beautiful art styles I've ever seen. The colorful characters and backgrounds make an incredible contrast with the stories at hand-- mysterious events surrounding a brutal/sad death-- a death that has brought a demon (mononoke) to life. The MC, Kusuriuri, has to discover the Form, Reason and Truth of the demon before taking care of him... but will the parties involved be willing to share the truth they've been hiding for so long, so easily?
-There's 4 different stories. However, none feel like a rehash of the other-- each story is completely original, and the interactions between Kusuriuri and the other characters are, too.
-More than one story will make you tear up.

I suggest you watch episodes 9-11 of Ayakashi Japanese Classic Horror, too, since Mononoke is a (very successful) spin-off of those eps.
Oct 10, 2013 7:59 AM
May 2012
Imstayingano said:
Mirai Nikki: I know there's alot of people who doesn't like the show, but i'm so in love with it.
1: The characters are all so different in personality from each other. It's hard not to like at least one of them.
2: There's good fighting scenes in it, and it's awesome to watch a girl kick ass like that.
3: There's a cute romance, but the guy keeps being afraid of the girl, but i can't really tell how it will end up between them.

Death note:
1: The story is amazing and it's something that you can't stop watching.
2: The characters are so damn unique, i have so many favourites in it.
3: L is cute, Light is hot. Love both of them, but L seems to be my favourite. You know why, when you watch it.

Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama:
1: Because Usui is so damn sexy i can't help it.
2: The romance in it is so cute, they're always there for each other and really gets a strong friendship already in the start of the show.
3: You can't stop laughing.

I also love Death note and mirai nikki!! Do you know any similiar animes?
Oct 10, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2012
Berserk - an epic seinen featuring complicated characters in a desperate world. the relationships between a band of ambitious mercenaries and their struggles in friendship, love, and war is riveting

Hana Yori Dango - a shoujo/reverse harem type deal. romance and bullying, rich vs. poor, it weaves a crazy tale that leaves you wanting more and more. at rougly 50 episodes it gives plenty of time for story and character development

Beck - I don't know when I decided this was so near the top. A boy falls in love with music and works his ass off to become part of a clan of misfits in a band. it has a lot of emotional depth and the MC is a compelling. Its emotional where you wouldn't expect it to be. Really well done.
Oct 10, 2013 8:34 AM

Jan 2011
- Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa
good variety of characters with epic designs
great animation
fantastic action scenes
memorable death scenes
the best villain ive seen so far

- Steins Gate
great cast of characters
very funny first half
engaging plot during the second half
memorable ending
great soundtrack

- Legend of the Galactic Heroes
overall best cast of character ive seen on anime
overall best plot ive seen on anime
a few impressive battle scenes
memorable death scenes
memorable ending

More topics from this board

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 2 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
53 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Today

4 by Ten »»
2 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
4 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 4 hours ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
4 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

70 by Meline0102 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.