Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
SHAMAN KING
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
When Yoh sees everyone while acquiring that new power; even Billy and Tao Ren's father were there, lol!

I liked the ending, but whey we get to see images from the Icemen but none of the Lily Five that, like it or not, were more important during the show? Also why there were not images of Horo Horo and Ryu during the very ending (unless if i missed them) unlike the others? D: Well, not that it really matters.

I did like the belt message in the end, makes you wonder if it was informing Yoh about him being the Shaman King or something else. The ending was pretty obvious, but i guess it can't be helped, i enjoyed nonetheless.

Must say that my favorite character was possibly Ryu. Well i disliked that yaoi'ish attitude towards Lyserg, but aside from that i found him pretty cool.

Just makes me want to watch the Manga to see how better it is :) Now i only have to watch the Shaman King Specials.
Mar 4, 2014 4:52 AM

Apr 2008
hmm... when I was watching this I wanted to say a lot, now I am not sure what I want to say anymore after seeing that Oracle Belt message at the end, they clearly have left an opening for continuation so I am wondering why after so many years we still don't have continuation, makes me sad :( anyway, It was a really good anime :D I loved it :3 I wish though that they have made full anime, like it is in manga, but at least I am glad they ended it properly, not left it open or made a shitty ending like Ao no exorcist. and what I wrote to previous episode, well it seems that they showed a little bit of what happened after and it felt good :3

Well... it's sad... but I guess it's time to move on to next thing, I will probably will be starting my next anime today, although I am sad as always when something I enjoyed ends :/ need to calm down a little so I can tune in with emotions etc. to the new adventure in next anime. I will probably will not be reading Shaman King manga, I am not a big manga person so I can stand sitting there and reading, I hate it :/
Sep 19, 2014 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
Heh, this fight felt rushed. It is also just me or did we not find out anything about Zeke's back story? I mean, he's like the end boss of this season. Sigh. The action was good though with some of the characters but the story wasn't too appealing to me in the second half.

Oh well, I finally finished marathoning this after sections and sections of watching. 6/10. If the second half was better, I'd give another +1.
Oct 1, 2014 7:42 AM
Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
Heh, this fight felt rushed. It is also just me or did we not find out anything about Zeke's back story? I mean, he's like the end boss of this season. Sigh. The action was good though with some of the characters but the story wasn't too appealing to me in the second half.

Oh well, I finally finished marathoning this after sections and sections of watching. 6/10. If the second half was better, I'd give another +1.

If you want more read the Manga...the anime doesn't cover much
Manga is much better too
Mar 29, 2017 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
Everyone gave You the power he needed to defeat Hao.
Sep 23, 2019 3:11 AM

Oct 2015
I see they decided to end with the " we all defeated the villain", oh we'll it was nice though. But it proves Hao was really stronger than any individual, and can only be destroyed by combining your powers. Patch village also disappeared, which meant the Shaman king matches were really canceled. But since Yoh's device lit up at the end, the competition is still on! Would've really liked for it to continue, too bad. Since the series is called Shaman king, I really expected a king at the end.

Overall it was a good watch with a crowded cast. But they managed to use them well, including the lily 5 of course. It was a good genetic shounen watch, power ups, training, friendship and announcing your attacks! The only problem is that they lacked coordination when it comes to fights/duels. Yoh/Amidamaru/Anna/Hao were my favorites, Manta/Jeane/Marco/Jun were my least favorites!

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 6, 2021 1:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was a pretty good fight, happy ending as expected but it was worth it, overall I really liked this shounen anime to be honest, quite underrated, but well now I just can't wait for the 2021 remake, especially if they continue adapting what's left after that, because this anime only covers a bit of the manga, the story isn't finished at all.

8/10
Mar 20, 2021 1:32 AM
Pancake

Feb 2014
Binged thru over past couple weeks, I really enjoyed the action of the series and all the fun characters. Definitely felt like a rushed end and a lot of parts really dragging but still found enjoyment. Gonna continue with the manga and be ready for the reboot. 7/10
Jan 3, 2022 1:06 PM

Apr 2011
Ok, I had to binge the last 4 episodes - pretty amazing last fight! But overall my heart was not in this anime, there’s a huge step up to Hunter x Hunter which is similar genre but with lots of depth, but at the same time it’s not as childish as Wataru and Granzort.

What I liked most about this anime was the art. There’s something about the perspective, especially in the fight scenes, that expresses a love for the characters. And there were some extremely beautifully drawn sequences in the last episodes, I was blown away at times! It felt good.

I also liked the theme of boys with powerful spirits who keep calling them master.
Jun 6, 2022 11:46 AM

Dec 2007
so in the end they went with "dbz spirit bomb" way. not that it wasn't good, but it didn't felt epic. oh well.
there's something here that some were saying that the anime is called "shaman king" and in the end it didn't lived up to it's name. though you can say that the anime took the usual tournament treatment - something would blow up as it goes. lol

the plot was lot of mess to my opinion, i may have read too deep to childish anime, but there's stuff i just cannot overlook. the series may had filler content from some point (dunno from where, some people on MAL says from 25, some from 30) but other anime who have filler content to end the story felt much better.
so the way i see it the plot goes with this way:
episodes 1 - 12 more or less: this part is pure 7, it doesn't have the best content and have many repetitive manners, but it was decent and presented the characters alright with nice character development.
episodes 12-25: this part is where the anime is getting the upper hand, in other words where the tournament is started. loved any piece of actions and the power-ups were reasonable and good character development. it may not good as "good shounen" but it still earned at the time pure 8.
episodes 25-43: though hao were presented in this part, i cannot possibly like this part due to much of filler episodes equals to pokemon episodes. and do not get me wrong, in pokemon they make sense, in shaman king's potential it was definitely waste. the good parts were presenting the x-laws, hao's backstory and the ideology clash between yoh's group to the x-laws. i can say fairly that this part was good only at it's end, before that it was 6, but by it's end i could assume good 7.
episodes 43-54: to be honest, the 2nd stage of the tournament had some kind trial and error, it let the action being side-story and the stories being more important which caused some very poor stories like previous part, but they were still decent. 6.5
episodes 55-57: or babylon gates arc. to be honest his arc was great, i wish the anime would end the story with it and somehow yoh would convince hao to be good but be killed by x-laws. but no, from some reason they ended it with more bizarre ending.
episodes 57-64: the bizarre with this arc is mainly due the fact that they had to make "final battle", and of course that hao had to get what he wanted as always with shounen. the matter of "how yoh would be back alive" or "how yoh gonna end the battle" were solved by cliche shounenish as well, without any creativity at all. from no where they presented "furyuku scouter" which basically ruined every power up and training the group had 'till now and made them useless, even the training mukihisa made them somehow gave fruits at the beginning but didn't matter at all in the end. they still used big-spirit power and didn't care for good attacks. i lost faith in the anime battle system long ago from when they just used big-spirits, but in this part it just felt stupid and not epic.

in the end, the feeling i got from the last few episodes that they just wanted to end it. and from the look of the last episodes art they had good amount of budget to give some more episodes.
don't get me wrong, i'm glad they ended it, but i had watched better anime with filler ending.

and if i talked about the art, last words about it, in the 3rd part of episodes i mentioned the art was seriously bad, even pokemon had better art lol. before that the anime had good art in prospective to the content.

the least i can say though, is that i'm excepting the story of the remake to be reasonable as the first series arcs. this series have good potential.

and to continue the legacy of this thread comments, my favourite characters were definitely len and anna. yoh was average goku, marty was annoying, ryo was somewhat good, but comparable to some characters from yuu yuu hakusho lol. lysger was awfull. chouclove was nice. faust could be little more when he was at the beginning, in the 2nd part of the anime he was just spineless lol. hao was interesting, though i expected from him much more.

6/10 for the series

Karusan said:
Ok, I had to binge the last 4 episodes - pretty amazing last fight! But overall my heart was not in this anime, there’s a huge step up to Hunter x Hunter which is similar genre but with lots of depth, but at the same time it’s not as childish as Wataru and Granzort.
comparing this to hunter x hunter is like comparing pokemon to naruto, there's no comparison.
i would understand comparing this to naruto, where naruto is much better. and hunter x hunter is much better than naruto/
User-NameJun 6, 2022 2:54 PM
Dec 27, 2022 7:34 PM
May 2022
well, that happened
Sep 4, 2023 4:51 PM

Nov 2007
For a show I used to watch the odd episode airing on fox kids growing up as a kid... Having watched it from start to finish now... This was one of the worst I have come across. The English opening will forever remain iconic but for me it was Ryu/Rio and Len/Ren who was the stars of the show.

Disappointed yet the ending had a nice tone if I was to say anything... The moving on with life and at the same time... Glad it happened type of message of the journey. Will be a while until I decide to watch the reboot now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King Episode 1 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Apr 9, 2012

15 by BarronRobinson »»
Mar 31, 5:48 PM

» Do you agree that the 2001 dub was better than the 2021 dub?

funtime43_tr - Jan 20

5 by ShamankinguYoh »»
Jan 21, 7:22 AM

» What episode continues the story in 2021 ver

Djwhy - Apr 3, 2023

3 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 8:20 PM

Poll: » Shaman King Episode 58 Discussion

pokecenter - Oct 9, 2013

6 by iamupinacloud »»
Jan 20, 2023 8:11 PM

» Was the 2001 dub better than what you thought?

funtime43_tr - Jan 18, 2023

3 by Bigsmoke_1234567 »»
Jan 18, 2023 6:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.