Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2013 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And....the ride continues~

I feel some of the emotions this episode. Kana Hanazawa did a decent job as Aoi imo during some of those scenes. Aoi ;.;. Okay ending I guess this week. Hoping to see what else is next.
Oct 9, 2013 5:27 AM

Apr 2009
Next episode B2 time awww yusss

We've covered 10 chapters of the manga now, this is pretty fast.
Oct 9, 2013 7:46 AM

Jan 2011
Dat OP

http://i.imgur.com/sFmlWEq.png
Oh baby

Kinda sad episode, Yukio went to prison for killing her own child so saving a child's life by sacrificing her own was repentance I guess.
Amarrez said:
Next episode B2 time awww yusss

Hell yeah! Shit's going down.
Amarrez said:

That's fine, the sooner we get to the Ozu sisters/Haruto the better.
VioLinkOct 9, 2013 11:03 AM
[center]
Oct 9, 2013 8:49 AM
Sep 2010
The details on background scene is stunnig like bfore. The OP song is not my typical fav.
Kana is doing great on her job voicing Aoi. ^__^)b
Kinda sad for the kid to live on without parents.
Oct 9, 2013 9:22 AM

May 2013
The episode was okay, did not expect the wolf to become their companion. The OP was quite nice
Oct 9, 2013 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
decent episode.. thats it.
Amarrez said:
O_O
Oct 9, 2013 9:34 AM

May 2013
This was a goo episode. Poor Miku.
Oct 9, 2013 9:52 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sourire said:
decent episode.. thats it.
Amarrez said:
O_O

Yeah what that's a lot of chapters...hm still not entirely sold yet. It almost feels like they're forcing this doll thing, I think if you think you're a doll then you are. I mean they seem just like any regular human with emotions to me, only that they are genetically engineered for a specific purpose, though I guess that's the point (or maybe it's more complicated than I think it is). But interesting story about Coppelia. The outline is still annoying :/ btw that piano bgm was really pretty.
Oct 9, 2013 9:57 AM

Aug 2010
I was planning to drop this but the OP seems interesting. There seems to be many more immune characters? Which makes this have quite a lot more potential. So I'm gonna follow.

Aoi wasn't as annoying this ep and Ibara had character development so it wasn't bad at all.

Let's see how nxt ep goes.
Oct 9, 2013 10:46 AM

Nov 2012
I find this episode...melodramatic than usual...and I thought genetically engineered humans growing up in controlled environments don't cry that easily.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Oct 9, 2013 10:47 AM

Jun 2012
Another decent episode but the characters were a little too hammy for my taste at times

However I must say that I'm really digging Haruka Tomatsu as Ibara. She has such a wide range and is definitely one of the more under appreciated seiyuu(For contrast, she also does Lala from To-Love-Ru)
HybridMBLOct 9, 2013 10:54 AM
Oct 9, 2013 11:02 AM
Oct 2013
It was ok. A lot better than the first episode that's for sure.
They should just ditch the other 2 girls honestly :l. They don't even do anything.
Only complaint in this ep is the dad logic. "I want my daughter to smile, so leave me here to die even though there might even be a chance that I'd live. That will make my daughter smile for sure."
Oct 9, 2013 11:05 AM

Jan 2011
drikkevdv said:

They should just ditch the other 2 girls honestly :l. They don't even do anything.

You'll see their usefulness soon.
[center]
Oct 9, 2013 11:37 AM
Oct 2013
VioLink said:
drikkevdv said:

You'll see their usefulness soon.

I really hope so. Because the most important they did was Taeko getting kidnapped because if not for that they probably wouldn't have found the family. And that's not something to brag about. Let's find out. I liked the second episode a lot more than the first so I'll keep following this for a few more episodes to see what direction it'll go.
Oct 9, 2013 11:55 AM

May 2012
Second episode and it gets deep as hell. I don't know how to deal with this. Op was cool makes me want to see more. Sad but good episode.
Oct 9, 2013 12:03 PM
Jan 2013
Man, the manga version shows a lotta fanservice than the anime.

Looks like Ibara is the one who does all the dirty work.
Oct 9, 2013 12:10 PM

Oct 2011
everything is nice, scenes are quite emotional and I started to like the visuals of it BUT...
Aoi is so irritating (her VA is Kana Hanazawa so it partialy clear why), she had one good scene but other than that she mostly screams or do smth totaly unfitting (and she has awfull track of keeping promises)
Oct 9, 2013 12:12 PM

Feb 2011
Dat ass though.
Oct 9, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
Ok episode I guess. The characters are pretty decent but the plot sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.
Oct 9, 2013 12:21 PM
Jan 2013
kinda disappointed not liking were this is going the MC are all cry babies and shouldnt even be in the environment there in
Oct 9, 2013 12:45 PM

Apr 2010
That was pretty sad.
Oct 9, 2013 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
OK THIS IS SAD.

(and those Op and End are pretty damn good.)
Oct 9, 2013 12:53 PM

May 2010
ok episode not more.

that woman died because the main character was busy stretching her ass high into the air and the support characters are absolutely useless and yell "senpei!" every 20 seconds.

barely a 3/5
Oct 9, 2013 1:16 PM
Oct 2011
Great episode, even better than the first! Definitely going to continue watching.

I'd love to see these kinds of deep series a lot more often.
Oct 9, 2013 1:19 PM

Jul 2013
So there were many moral and emotional related content in this episode which were interesting.

We got the folklore based on the name of Coppelion and some good character develpment on Ibara and a bit with Aoi which is always a good thing.

Really interested on how the rest of the series is going to turn out. 5/5
Oct 9, 2013 1:20 PM

Jul 2010
Oh, that was actually alot better than first episode.
OP and ED are SO amazing, Atsuko's voice is just an...eargasm.
incompleteAEGISOct 9, 2013 1:46 PM
Oct 9, 2013 1:30 PM

Dec 2012
Love the OP. The art is still amazing. Really getting into the characters. Probably one of my favorite shows this season. Can't wait till next week!
Oct 9, 2013 1:35 PM
Sep 2013
silkie said:
kinda disappointed not liking were this is going the MC are all cry babies and shouldnt even be in the environment there in

Who wouldn't cry in that situation? It's VERY emotional. And crying isn't a weakness at all, it's better to let out your emotions rather than bottling it up.
Oct 9, 2013 1:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ugh, dissapointed after that promising first episode. The story this episode felt rushed and the melodrama was waaay over the top. I'd expect the girls trained for this mission to have more self control. Hope next episode is better.

The art and backgrounds are still amazing though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 9, 2013 1:54 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I really liked the first episode and hated this one. None of this was sad. Genetically engineered humans sure do cry a lot it seems. The only sadness I can see is toward the little girl for ending up alone at the end. That couple were criminals and the woman had already killed a child once. She got what she deserved. Everything happened too fast as well.

The art is still amazing as is the music. I hope this show gets better. I had high hopes.
Oct 9, 2013 1:55 PM

Feb 2010
Oct 9, 2013 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
Didn't really like, going to put on-hold.
Oct 9, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
didn't like the OP singing was kinda bad.

The episode was okay but too much over-dramatization.

And why did the house collapse in that exact moment. Apparently it was fine all the time and now that those 3 people get into it it crumbles?

Why did the father die there? I mean normally people on the verge of death try to survive by all means especially with a daughter (child).

But I guess he had his reason, still thought it was sketchy.

I get some Casshern Sins vibes from this, but so far CS is better.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Oct 9, 2013 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
I'm not enjoying these starting episodes too much but i'm looking forward to when we see the other people in uniform who look like they've got powers from the PV.

The two supporting girls are so meh, they're pretty useless and a tad annoying with all this "senpai" crap every other sentence they say and are really just suck up ish with the main girl.

The uniforms annoy me, do they really need them on top of the super mini skirts? I was a little happy when they got the prisoner clothing which would of been more practical but quickly disappointed when they changed right back.

Edit: I think i'm being a little too hard on the glasses girl by lumping her in with the other one. Props to her for saving herself at the start when she was held at gunpoint.
VodkasOct 9, 2013 2:40 PM
Oct 9, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
Not a bad episode, but Ibara going full emo felt kind of unnecessary.
Oct 9, 2013 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
That was a depressing episode, I feel bad for Miku for having to lose her family like that, and seeing Ibara let out some of her emotions was interesting as well. Seeing that 10 chapters have been covered so far, I can't wait until those two sister appear.
Oct 9, 2013 2:54 PM

May 2013
Good episode tho the feelings felt kinda rushed. Looking forward to next week
Oct 9, 2013 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
We covered seven chapters this episode. Seven chapters. I think the arc, which was very well written and whatnot in the manga, lost most of it's emotional punch due to the fast pace.
Oct 9, 2013 3:33 PM

Feb 2012
Alright episode I guess. Must be some first aid kit healed that bullet wound on the dog instantly...
Oct 9, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Ehh I didn't really like this. If this was really their only job, you think they'd know how to act professionally (yea I know it's anime). Crying like that after one case of someone refusing her is pretty pathetic. Also that girl getting Miku's hopes up like that about her dad was a bad decision. You never want to do that no matter how much you want the situation to resolve. After that, everyone is all happy and dandy like nothing happened. I'll give it one more episode but I'm ready to drop now.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 9, 2013 3:58 PM
Aug 2012
Confirmed shit series.
Oct 9, 2013 4:17 PM
Jul 2013
I didn't know that 7 chapters were packed into this, but eh.

I'll probably finish this series, because Post-Apocalyptic is one of my favourite genres.

Kinda sad though, the events in the episode I meant. Well, they did fulfill their promise: Saving Miku

The OP was awesome, kinda showing us more chapters to be introduced, and lets hope that the girls have special abilities. (wouldn't mind being spoiled, hehe)
Oct 9, 2013 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
The hell was with those weird dialogues? There is simply no way those characters would say those things in those scenes o_O

And the visuals were also sub-par this time, this show went downhill pretty fast.
And it seems they put fast-forward on story.

This episode felt really off.
Oct 9, 2013 4:29 PM

Jun 2013
This episode I was feeling really bad for every single one of the characters: Ibara not able to save people when that's all she was trained for. Mitsuo guy that only wants to see her daughter smile no matter what. Yukiko that only wanted to keep the daughter for herself after realizing how horribly she treated her previous kid. And Miku that wanted to live happily with her family but ends up alone... I don't get why but this episode got to me.
Oct 9, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2011
Interesting episode and I like the OP. I will keep watching it for sure.

5/5
Oct 9, 2013 4:40 PM
Jul 2013
Decent episode

All crying and being stupid.

Didn't expect the wolf to be there companion too. Was okay episode.
Oct 9, 2013 5:21 PM

Jul 2013
drikkevdv said:
It was ok. A lot better than the first episode that's for sure.
Only complaint in this ep is the dad logic. "I want my daughter to smile, so leave me here to die even though there might even be a chance that I'd live. That will make my daughter smile for sure."

Exactly what I thought. I liked the episode but some scenes were kinda hit and miss. Like when Ibara started crying when the lady was holding Miku hostage. It would have been really nice if while she had been crying she said, "I don't understand humans/human emotions." or something. Anyone else agree? And it kinda seems like they're trying to force the whole doll thing. But I did like the episode.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Oct 9, 2013 5:37 PM

Apr 2013
incomprehensible episode
Lot of unnecessary emotions
Oct 9, 2013 5:37 PM

Feb 2013
This was sooo boring. If it wasn't for the promise of it possibly getting better as seen in the OP, I would drop this show now. I felt nothing in this episode. None of the characters were fleshed out, all the girls are trying to express these emotions which are either empty, or ridiculous. Is this plot really going to just be these girls meeting people in this wasteland and trying to save them via calling search and rescue?

You know what, maybe I will still drop this. It better kick it into high gear soon; it's living on borrowed time. The only things I like about it right now, is the OP and the ED.

I give this episode a 5.8/10.
Oct 9, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2013
The whole hotel collapsing was just stupid, it's been rained on plenty of times yet it collapses the moment people are inside :/

The family dying bit was kind of painful to watch.

I'm curious about this delivery truck thing, and seeing from the opening we will be getting some other genetically engineered people for antagonists.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

155 by Dekom »»
Feb 29, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

69 by Dekom »»
Feb 21, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.