Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 8, 2013 8:42 PM

Feb 2012
MonteGabar said:

I'd like to know what does the big kanji in the frame just as the camera zooms in on her face during the credits. That's bound to be important (just like the 心 kokoro ("soul/heart") kanji behind Netero in the op -guess they're not called HorribleSubs for nothing)

The Kanji is "General", all the kanji on the pieces are Chinese word for Chinese Chess (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiangqi). General is equal to the King in Western Chess. The chess pieces are same as Chinese chess (the rules are different).
Oct 8, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2011
Nice ending!
next episdoe is #100 wow the time fly so quickly!
Oct 8, 2013 9:21 PM

Dec 2012
Gon sure is good at making up a strategy. Lol at Gon punching that ant with his rock and aiming for NGL. The ED song was also good.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 8, 2013 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
MonteGabar said:
I'd like to know what does the big kanji in the frame just as the camera zooms in on her face during the credits. That's bound to be important (just like the 心 kokoro ("soul/heart") kanji behind Netero in the op -guess they're not called HorribleSubs for nothing)
Isn't CrunchyRoll the only thing giving English subs to HxH 2011 right now? All other websites just use theirs. They never seem to subtitle any OPs or EDs.
Oct 8, 2013 11:00 PM
Feb 2013
Pretty good episode. A nice balance of action and talking.
Oct 8, 2013 11:37 PM
Sep 2013
Loved it! 4/5. Gon's fight was done a lot better in the anime. Killua's "rape face" in the end could've been done a lot better though.
Oct 9, 2013 12:00 AM

Mar 2013
Can't wait for Komugi, loved her interactions with the King :]
Oct 9, 2013 12:25 AM

May 2013
MonteGabar said:

Also, some of the gore was still toned down (the bat chimera).
It was identical to the manga.
Oct 9, 2013 12:28 AM

Sep 2012
This ep covered quite a bit and it was nice to see they skipped over the literal infodumps

The new ED is fucking awesome, when I heard that it was going to play during the Palace Invasion part I didn't think it would be this part so it was unexpected for me

That flea bullet in the preview, I really hope we get to see that part uncensored since HxH is moving to late night and since it was censored in the manga. I just realized that MAL changed the rating to R, nice! Next 2 episodes will be incredible
Oct 9, 2013 1:44 AM

Jul 2012
Satouji said:
Who was that kid in the ending ?

Cty Best mid
Oct 9, 2013 2:00 AM

Jul 2013
98... 99... 100! Thank you for helping us reach 100 episodes! hope you keep watching!

Ofcourse we'll keep watching.

love the episode and the ending.
Oct 9, 2013 2:02 AM

May 2013
The new ending is awesome. One of the best I've ever heard! But I don't know who is that kid D:
Oct 9, 2013 3:49 AM

Dec 2012
lol at the ED!..It's like the King iis the main protagonist in the series.

Oct 9, 2013 4:01 AM

Aug 2010
-GiaN- said:

Just wait dude. The character development he'll get is much better than many main characters. Well Gon and Killua will be getting lots of development too. So wait and enjoy :D
Oct 9, 2013 4:44 AM

May 2011
Kurokokoy said:
Satouji said:

i watched him a long time ago here in this old opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3vHFhz5AZA
but i don't have any information about who really is, i though he's the kings's nen ability or something like that!
Oct 9, 2013 5:01 AM

Feb 2011
The ending is pretty damn good.

Also made me realize that if this continues without the manga coming back soon, the anime only has about another year (at best) before it needs to pause.
Sure, it has to pause and wait for the manga at some point anyway, but I really like this fluid going without any breaks.

I really hope Togashi makes his comeback before 2014.
Oct 9, 2013 5:33 AM
Jan 2012
Satan-sama said:
Kurokokoy said:
Satouji said:

Yeah if you dont know who that is, then i wouldnt recommend reading the manga, itll make the rest of this series SOOO much better when you watch it. :D
Oct 9, 2013 6:26 AM

Dec 2008
Where the hell is Hisoka?! Hisoka's crazy sexy ass could wipe all those Chimera Ants out in one evening and make it home in time for pancakes!

I've always liked Knuckle, but I'm starting to like Shoot as well. I didn't like Knov and Morel initially either, but they're both starting to grow on me too.

That chameleon ant...just what is he up to?
Oct 9, 2013 6:44 AM

Feb 2011
Villetta_Nu said:
Where the hell is Hisoka?! Hisoka's crazy sexy ass could wipe all those Chimera Ants out in one evening and make it home in time for pancakes!

To me, Hisoka is definitely one of the best written and presented characters in history of anime & manga, but I think you're overestimating his powers.

In terms of power he's probably on Royal Guard level. ONE of them.
Oct 9, 2013 7:33 AM

Oct 2012
fillers fuck HxH they make me w8 10 days just for a god damn fiiller fight anyway this is getting lame.. Very lame.
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Oct 9, 2013 7:37 AM

Jul 2013
Kyzen said:
fillers fuck HxH they make me w8 10 days just for a god damn fiiller fight anyway this is getting lame.. Very lame.

...The fight isn't a filler
Oct 9, 2013 7:51 AM

Oct 2012
Guilek said:
Kyzen said:

no the fact that his only fighting weakling ants is already a god damn filler this is driving me crazy i used to watch HxH with full satisfaction, but now watching HxH starting a couple of weeks ago drives me angry. i don't know what to do if this freaking shit episodes keeps rolling.

this new episodes makes me remember Version 1999 the Fillers, please don't make HxH like one piece with so many unnecessary fight scenes. and other Filler related things.
KyzenOct 9, 2013 7:56 AM

Oct 9, 2013 7:53 AM

Oct 2012
Kyzen said:
Guilek said:
Kyzen said:

no the fact that his only fighting weakling ants is already a god damn filler this is driving me crazy i used to watch HxH with full satisfaction, but now watching HxH starting a couple of weeks ago drives me angry. i don't know what to do if this freaking shit episodes keeps rolling.
Just drop the anime if you're so damn impatient
Oct 9, 2013 7:56 AM

Feb 2013
Kuchenlight said:
Villetta_Nu said:

To me, Hisoka is definitely one of the best written and presented characters in history of anime & manga, but I think you're overestimating his powers.

now you're overestimating him
Oct 9, 2013 7:57 AM

Jun 2011
Kyzen said:
Guilek said:
Kyzen said:

I think you're forgetting that Meleoron was watching the fight and made an observation that can affect the story. The fight is important in the grand scheme of things. Of course, it might not be as important as other fights, but it has its own importance. It is in no way filler, in fact, it is build-up (like many of the previous episodes) and without it, the story that HxH is trying to tell would not be to achieve the level of acclaim that people say it has.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Oct 9, 2013 8:01 AM

Oct 2012

i'll be glad to if only i forgot what i already seen. past ant arc was so great no fillers and pure awesomeness. i was hoping the same for this one, and i guess i was wrong. 1000% Wrong.

Oct 9, 2013 8:02 AM

Feb 2013
Kyzen said:

i'll be glad to if only i forgot what i already seen. past ant arc was so great <b>no fillers </b>and pure awesomeness. i was hoping the same for this one, and i guess i was wrong. 1000% Wrong.

It had plenty of filler in the beginning. More then we get now.
Oct 9, 2013 8:11 AM

Oct 2012
xmaikokoro said:
Kyzen said:
Guilek said:
Kyzen said:

I think you're forgetting that Meleoron was watching the fight and made an observation that can affect the story. The fight is important in the grand scheme of things. Of course, it might not be as important as other fights, but it has its own importance. It is in no way filler, in fact, it is build-up (like many of the previous episodes) and without it, the story that HxH is trying to tell would not be to achieve the level of acclaim that people say it has.
xmaikokoro said:
Kyzen said:
Guilek said:
Kyzen said:

for******** sakes he was already observing him in the last episode, this fight shouldn't even last a couple of minutes max 5, and they could have inserted this on the previous episode instead of the 20 minute chitchat from gon and killua,
they are definitely trying to prolong this freaking arc, a freaking filler fight for 15minutes? are freaking kidding me this is bullshit.

i

Oct 9, 2013 8:18 AM

Jun 2011
Kyzen said:

for god sakes he was already observing him in the last episode, this fight shouldn't even last a couple of minutes max 5, and they could have inserted this on the previous episode instead of the 20 minute chitchat from gon and killua,
they are definitely trying to prolong this freaking arc, a freaking filler fight for 15minutes? are freaking kidding me this is bullshit.

i

There is a difference between Gon's fight between the snake and his fight this episode. Gon had raw power in his previous fight. In this one, he could not use raw power. He had to rely on wits. And that, is what made Meleoron make an important observation.
In my opinion, there is no way that Madhouse is trying to prolong this arc. Madhouse is probably in the financial bind because of the time-slot change. If anything, they will try to speed up because they might not be able to continue HxH for more than a couple more cours. They are simply adapting what is in the manga and doing so at a reasonable pace.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Oct 9, 2013 8:27 AM

Feb 2011
gedata said:
Kuchenlight said:
Villetta_Nu said:

now you're overestimating him

You think? It's hard to say because comparing him and the Royal Guards isn't easy as the power levels are quite vague, but I would say he could handle Youpi or Shaiapouf (probably not Neferpitou).
After all Hisoka wanted to fight Netero so bad back at the beginning and I would be surprised if he himself overestimated his powers/underestimated Netero's that much. I don't think Hisoka would've want to fight Netero if he knew it would be certain death/defeat for him.
Oct 9, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
Kyzen said:
xmaikokoro said:
Kyzen said:
Guilek said:
Kyzen said:

for******** sakes he was already observing him in the last episode, this fight shouldn't even last a couple of minutes max 5, and they could have inserted this on the previous episode instead of the 20 minute chitchat from gon and killua,

i

The figt isn't a filler , 2 chapters and a few pages from a third in the mangas. I don't speak english but i know you don't understand what a filler is.
Suzune-chanOct 9, 2013 1:38 PM
Oct 9, 2013 9:06 AM
Apr 2013
Welp, my question was answered as to why better support isn't being given to handle the Chimera Ant crisis. It seems there is abundant in-fighting and political maneuvering within the Hunter's Association. Good episode, great arc, amazing series.
Oct 9, 2013 9:12 AM
Oct 2011
Madhouse playing with my feels with that ED, Gon's face, as well as Komugi's appearance. Was excited to see her, but never thought I'd see her right now. A great ED. Though seriously, 4 pages and no mention of octopus of the arc? Really?

Good episode overall. Liked Gon's fight, and the politics were interesting.
Oct 9, 2013 9:17 AM

Dec 2011
I really can't wait for Killua to battle this time. It looks like it is his time to shine in the next episode. He will battle that sniper.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2013 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Barion-Zara said:
-GiaN- said:

Just wait dude. The character development he'll get is much better than many main characters. Well Gon and Killua will be getting lots of development too. So wait and enjoy :D

Is the King that kid that hated humans and became a rebel leader reincarnated?
Oct 9, 2013 12:26 PM

May 2013
I remember that the next chapter was censored even in manga (with black rectangles) for gory contents, now I want to see how MH will adapt it. I can't wait!
Oct 9, 2013 12:41 PM
Jan 2013
Good Episode

i love the Ending so much
Oct 9, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2009
This just showed how weak gon is ... He struggled so much to take out these miserable ants >.>
Oct 9, 2013 12:56 PM
Apr 2013
Hisio said:
This just showed how weak gon is ... He struggled so much to take out these miserable ants >.>

Well I am very glad you can keep focusing on something, when you are being deafened.
Oct 9, 2013 1:02 PM

Jun 2009
Really digged this episode, particularly the stuff about the in fighting. Which explains a lot.

The most intriguing the was the ED, especially the fact that Mereum and a yet to be introduced character dominated it. I wonder what this means.
Ston3_FreeN7Oct 9, 2013 3:37 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 9, 2013 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
Okay I give up. The episode before this bored me to fucking death, I wasn't even able to watch it fully and I skipped around it. In this episode Gon fight was good and all but nothing else I care for happened, it's still just build up 3/5.

I'm gonna just put this on-hold until episode 115 and then marathon it or better yet wait till the arc is almost finished, better than hating on one of my favorite series. I hope the second half of the arc is great and makes up for a lackluster first half.
Oct 9, 2013 4:49 PM

Jun 2013
Big step up from last week.
The fight was pretty good for a fodderfight... but that doesn´t mean much. The technical shit was nice, but apart from that nothing too crazy.
The second half was much better. While I bitched hard last week about the story just not progressing, this time we finally got interesting dialogue again. The political background why some hunters weren´t sent was very interesting.
Now I just hope that we don´t get another bad episode again next week xD
Oct 9, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
I would have preferred a different Animation Director for the next episode...it'll be the same people who did Killua vs. Rammot. :/

They do alright with closeup shots at least (these next few chapters have a lot of that), so this may be an exception for the team in a long while, hopefully.
Oct 9, 2013 11:42 PM

Oct 2012
Guilek said:
Kyzen said:
xmaikokoro said:
Kyzen said:
Guilek said:
Kyzen said:

i

The figt isn't a filler , 2 chapters and a few pages from a third in the mangas. I don't speak english but i know you don't understand what a filler is.

dude 2 HxH manga chapter should only even consist of 1 episode if they make 1 episode per chapter this arc would reach a **** 100+ episodes your the one who doesn't know what a filler is

Oct 9, 2013 11:47 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
Okay I give up. The episode before this bored me to fucking death, I wasn't even able to watch it fully and I skipped around it. In this episode Gon fight was good and all but nothing else I care for happened, it's still just build up 3/5.

I'm gonna just put this on-hold until episode 115 and then marathon it or better yet wait till the arc is almost finished, better than hating on one of my favorite series. I hope the second half of the arc is great and makes up for a lackluster first half.

agreed, the build up is to slow. if transition is in this consistency this arc might consist at least 50 + more episodes.

Gl w8ting this arc to finish XD, i can a sure you that it last at least a year

the author can still relax he has a minimum of 2 years more before this arc and election arc to be finished.
KyzenOct 10, 2013 12:01 AM

Oct 10, 2013 12:47 AM

Feb 2011
Kyzen said:
dude 2 HxH manga chapter should only even consist of 1 episode if they make 1 episode per chapter this arc would reach a **** 100+ episodes your the one who doesn't know what a filler is

"Filler" is still the wrong term. You can rant all you want, but that won't change the clear definition of a filler, which obviously hasn't anything to do with this episode.

Also the episode consists of 3 COMPLETE manga chapters. That's perfectly fine for an adaption.
KuchenlightOct 10, 2013 12:53 AM
Oct 10, 2013 1:53 AM

Oct 2011
Kyzen said:

agreed, the build up is to slow. if transition is in this consistency this arc might consist at least 50 + more episodes.

the author can still relax he has a minimum of 2 years more before this arc and election arc to be finished.

Uh... no lol.

For starters, we probably have about 30 episodes left of this arc. Second, the election arc is only 22 chapters which would equate to 10-11 episodes, basic math skills tell us that this show doesn't have anywhere close to 2 years left. Third, yeah Togashi can relax because regardless of if he returned tomorrow or in 2 years it won't make a difference, this anime will either end at the end of this arc or the arc that follows regardless of what he does and nothing can change that fact.
Oct 10, 2013 6:45 AM

Mar 2008
fearthebeard85 said:
Kyzen said:

Uh... no lol.

For starters, we probably have about 30 episodes left of this arc. Second, the election arc is only 22 chapters which would equate to 10-11 episodes, basic math skills tell us that this show doesn't have anywhere close to 2 years left. Third, yeah Togashi can relax because regardless of if he returned tomorrow or in 2 years it won't make a difference, this anime will either end at the end of this arc or the arc that follows regardless of what he does and nothing can change that fact.

why?
let's assume you're right and we only have about 30 episodes left...
next arc will be very short since it's only 21 chapters long
if all goes well... we have about 1year(?!) left for this

maybe togashi will pick it up again in the meantime?
maybe he'll start by the end of the year.. and we'll get a chapter/week
who knows what might happen then? why would they end this anime if togashi finally gets off his lazy ass?

there is also the possibility of the anime continuing without the manga
togashi could tell the team how he envisions the story to go on

anything could happen, but this whole hiatus-thing is definitely annoying... i just want to continue watching Hunter x Hunter ._.

what you've wrote... that's called an opinion, not a fact.
Oct 10, 2013 7:48 AM
Jun 2013
Romeo said:
fearthebeard85 said:
Kyzen said:

Uh... no lol.

why?
let's assume you're right and we only have about 30 episodes left...
next arc will be very short since it's only 21 chapters long
if all goes well... we have about 1year(?!) left for this

maybe togashi will pick it up again in the meantime?
maybe he'll start by the end of the year.. and we'll get a chapter/week
who knows what might happen then? why would they end this anime if togashi finally gets off his lazy ass?

there is also the possibility of the anime continuing without the manga
togashi could tell the team how he envisions the story to go on

anything could happen, but this whole hiatus-thing is definitely annoying... i just want to continue watching Hunter x Hunter ._.

what you've wrote... that's called an opinion, not a fact.

I think he's referring to the time slot change and that the series won't be able to make enough money for Madhouse to continue it.
Oct 10, 2013 7:58 AM

Jul 2013
You'll find nothing but speculation on this forum. Don't worry about the future of this show until there is an official announcement. Just enjoy what's in front of us.

Everyone here thinks they know everything about nothing, and it's actually rather tiresome.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.