Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2013 9:46 AM

Jun 2012
RT251 said:
No idea, after watching the first episode I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

NeoAnkara said:
Anime didn't even need to be saved in the first place.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 14, 2013 12:41 PM
Dec 2012
I think it's depend for each people , when I watch my first anime -Dragon ball , the thrill of watching one epic fight is so powerful , the same go for one of my favorite anime of all time , Haruhi s1 , Baka to test and Working , I just can't stop laughing while make a creepy (cool) smile on my face all the time , Anime now a day use tit and unparalleled ecchi to lure us or use loli and harem to do so. The thrill is on par with SnKyojin but in Snk only 6 ep make me feel that , the amount of bad ass , craziness and madness is so strong that i feel a live , i have to admit after watching like 100+ anime so far everything just kind of dull, but this is the moment when i know that Anime is about awesome character with unforgettable persona.
I don't know that it's save Anime or not to be honest , but it save me from boredom.
Oct 14, 2013 5:40 PM

Apr 2009
SergioSource said:
People overhyping things for the lulz and skeptical people with sarcasm detection of a teaspoon.

This.
Oct 14, 2013 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:

I'm paraphrasing there, but hell, Shingeki may be more popular, but its popularity doesn't compare to the insanity of Kill La Kill's fanatics...
That is just flat out untrue.
Let's go bowling.
Oct 14, 2013 8:25 PM

Jun 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

I'm paraphrasing there, but hell, Shingeki may be more popular, but its popularity doesn't compare to the insanity of Kill La Kill's fanatics...
That is just flat out untrue.
Whereso? Because I can, and have had serious conversations in the Shingeki discussions... and I can't even have any kind of conversation about Kill La Kill (in the episode discussions at least) because it's flooded with people who are Shoop da Whooping over every minor detail. I mean, maybe things have changed since I stopped watching Shingeki's anime, and went to the manga... but even in the first couple episodes it wasn't so stupid. I'm not saying there weren't / aren't people who are freaking out about it... every series gets those people, but 98% of the Kill La Kill fans are like this. I mean, I didn't see anyone screaming that Shingeki saved anime, even if the line did start as a joke.

And hell everything about Kill La Kill is what a good portion of the people on MAL usually complains about... yet if someone cut them self while shaving I'm pretty sure that would make this anime of the season.

Edit: It's not like I enjoy the series any less because of that, but it does get in the way of discussions.
HalibelTheEspadaOct 14, 2013 8:36 PM
Oct 14, 2013 8:36 PM

Apr 2013
Because it didn't.
Oct 14, 2013 9:44 PM

Oct 2013
Second episode has been out for a few days now, has it saved anime now?
Oct 16, 2013 12:06 AM
Dec 2010
Anime won't be saved until they make a My Little Pony anime...........
Oct 16, 2013 1:01 AM

Apr 2013
scytheavatar said:

I HOPE YOU'RE TROLLING.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 16, 2013 4:48 AM
Jan 2013
Anime does not need to be saved lol.

I guess the reason people say that is that style of this animation is just vastly different from any of the series that was running currently. To be honest, that can be a sole reason why this animation needs some praise. This is just series so called 'personal taste' factor matters a lot. If you don't like hyper brainless action with over the top splash of fan service, well duh - you won't like it, simple as that.

To sum up my interpretation of this series, KLK is straight out homage of manga '炎の転校生' which was animated by Gainax - there are just so many similarities there. It was also same in TTGL - which had goal of 'completing Getta robo saga'.
KitchiriOct 16, 2013 5:08 AM
Oct 16, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2008
Celestia-L20XX said:

the only thing they saved was the budget on the animation
Oct 18, 2013 8:22 AM

Oct 2009
Noontide said:
Celestia-L20XX said:

LOL

FLCL > TTGL > Shit > KLK

I think anime is getting worse...
Oct 18, 2013 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
As an anime fan I don't think there is no need for anime to be saved.
What I enjoy is something thrilling that makes me wish to see how it goes on. Well, I think I'm enjoying Kill la Kill, I still need to see the third episode, but it's more than okay for me.
Oct 18, 2013 10:12 AM

Jun 2012
TheDodo said:
Noontide said:
Celestia-L20XX said:

LOL

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 18, 2013 8:16 PM

Jun 2012
Well it's simple. Trigger made an anime. Therefore anime is saved.
Oct 18, 2013 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
Because it's awesome :D
Oct 19, 2013 5:25 AM

Mar 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
Whereso? Because I can, and have had serious conversations in the Shingeki discussions... and I can't even have any kind of conversation about Kill La Kill (in the episode discussions at least) because it's flooded with people who are Shoop da Whooping over every minor detail. I mean, maybe things have changed since I stopped watching Shingeki's anime, and went to the manga... but even in the first couple episodes it wasn't so stupid. I'm not saying there weren't / aren't people who are freaking out about it... every series gets those people, but 98% of the Kill La Kill fans are like this. I mean, I didn't see anyone screaming that Shingeki saved anime, even if the line did start as a joke.

And hell everything about Kill La Kill is what a good portion of the people on MAL usually complains about... yet if someone cut them self while shaving I'm pretty sure that would make this anime of the season.

Edit: It's not like I enjoy the series any less because of that, but it does get in the way of discussions.

Yeah, the legitimate discussion that was being had in SnK forums for the first few episodes was pretty much limited to:

"Is this the best thing in existence, or just the best thing in the galaxy?"

The few people who were actually critical of the show's numerous and clear flaws were called trolls and insulted. I finally gave up on both the show and the fans because it became abundantly clear that anything more critical than "This is excellent, but not the best" was treated as some kind of personal attack on all that is good.
Let's go bowling.
Oct 19, 2013 2:33 PM
Mar 2009
its pretty epic
Oct 19, 2013 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
TheDodo said:
Noontide said:
Celestia-L20XX said:

LOL

FLCL > TTGL > Shit > KLK

I know right?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 19, 2013 9:54 PM
Oct 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
Yeah, the legitimate discussion that was being had in SnK forums for the first few episodes was pretty much limited to:

"Is this the best thing in existence, or just the best thing in the galaxy?"

The few people who were actually critical of the show's numerous and clear flaws were called trolls and insulted. I finally gave up on both the show and the fans because it became abundantly clear that anything more critical than "This is excellent, but not the best" was treated as some kind of personal attack on all that is good.

I think you would suffer the same fate trying to deal with Twilight fans, its better to just ignore them until they grow up, whether physically or mentally. The only thing I can say in SnK's defense is that maybe the manga is better than the animation, a lot of the problems with the animation are animation issues, the timing, the incredibly slow pace of story telling, the extreme linear plot. Before I condemn I remember that I actually liked the SAO light novels, but loathed the animation (and I found out about SAO from the animation).

As for Kill la Kill "saving animation", I hope people realize that saying this is a well established joke in animation circles. It is usually reserved for the most overly-hyped animations. So when people say it, 95% of them are being ironic, the other 5% are weak willed wannabes who parrot what they think they are supposed to think.

That said, I am really enjoying KlK, not purely for the animation itself, but because it is such a great homage to 1980's live action shows. I am getting high off the nostalgia fumes; and the best thing is that I know that the writers/director is 100% on board with this. As Symbv pointed out, the ED is nearly frame for frame a remake of the ending of the 2nd series of Sukeban Deka.
Oct 19, 2013 10:05 PM

Apr 2009
TheDodo said:
Noontide said:
Celestia-L20XX said:

LOL

FLCL > TTGL > Shit > KLK

Haha you guys don't know shit about animation. KLK has better animation then any series I've seen from the past two years. You also probably would think most animes have better animation then the Looney Tunes cartoons, and youd be sadly mistaken.
Oct 19, 2013 11:50 PM

Jun 2012
WyattEarp said:
TheDodo said:
Noontide said:
Celestia-L20XX said:

LOL

FLCL > TTGL > Shit > KLK

Haha you guys don't know shit about animation. KLK has better animation then any series I've seen from the past two years. You also probably would think most animes have better animation then the Looney Tunes cartoons, and youd be sadly mistaken.

Inferno Cop begs to differ.
Oct 20, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2010
I like KLK animation. It remind me to 90's anime. That really nice than some animation that use CG or some flashing sparking artwork, character theme song that alot like it was Bollywood movie,aaaand the story is mehhhh... =~=
For me.... KLK story so far is just a warm up and main character intro. Next week...wait till next week if you want to judge the worthy of the story.

Oct 20, 2013 2:33 AM

Jul 2010
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=117619

Uh, you can read in detail how much I dissect Kill la Kill and explain why its story-telling elements are stunning there... (Gonna re-review it once it's completed, but I just wanted to dump all my thoughts about it somewhere)

But anyways... About why people say KLK is "saving anime" is mostly a joke. But also due to the innovation and how fresh Trigger's aesthetics are.. I'll just copy and paste the last paragraph of my review here.

"I hope that even the people who don't like the style, story, or characters of this show. Can at least RESPECT the detail and decisions that Studio Trigger have made for their first TV airing anime. Everything that they bring when it comes to pacing, storytelling, art direction, and animation.. is SO different and original when compared to most anime. Kill la Kill takes so many risks to CHANGE what anime can be. Although they obviously played it safe with the story and the ecchi... When it comes to everything else they definitely were not afraid to go ALL OUT on the new things that they wanted to introduce and express."
Oct 20, 2013 4:29 AM

Apr 2010
NeoAnkara said:
Anime didn't even need to be saved in the first place.

Oh, you could not be more wrong.
Oct 20, 2013 4:58 AM

May 2012
Try to take your stuff less seriously and you'll begin to understand why.

Also, is anime a genre now?
Oct 22, 2013 7:56 PM
Jun 2009
scytheavatar said:

MLP is for 5 year old girls. What anime needs is SpongeBob SquarePants! And we got it this season: Nagi no Asukara. Anime is thus saved.
Oct 22, 2013 8:21 PM

Apr 2009
spritefan2 said:
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=117619

Uh, you can read in detail how much I dissect Kill la Kill and explain why its story-telling elements are stunning there... (Gonna re-review it once it's completed, but I just wanted to dump all my thoughts about it somewhere)

But anyways... About why people say KLK is "saving anime" is mostly a joke. But also due to the innovation and how fresh Trigger's aesthetics are.. I'll just copy and paste the last paragraph of my review here.

"I hope that even the people who don't like the style, story, or characters of this show. Can at least RESPECT the detail and decisions that Studio Trigger have made for their first TV airing anime. Everything that they bring when it comes to pacing, storytelling, art direction, and animation.. is SO different and original when compared to most anime. Kill la Kill takes so many risks to CHANGE what anime can be. Although they obviously played it safe with the story and the ecchi... When it comes to everything else they definitely were not afraid to go ALL OUT on the new things that they wanted to introduce and express."

Unfortunately most people will only pick up on a certain thing and hate on because of it, without paying attention to all the good stuff. Like you said it takes risks, which end up turning people off, but ultimately does save anime from becoming stagnant.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

876 by TheWizardSaturn »»
Apr 11, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

278 by Nublager »»
Apr 8, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

391 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 7, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.