Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2013 1:11 AM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A showdown between Wang Ben and Rinko next.
Oct 7, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2012
wow, each episode hype up this war even more.
Anyone else notice the MAL rating had been climbing every week?
8.47 already!
At this rate, we might make it to 8.5 in two week.
Oct 7, 2013 3:25 AM

Aug 2012
leeo268 said:
8.47 already!

Maybe its because some people like scoring every episode at the middle of the anime.
It should get higher or lower at the end when more people who only score when the anime is completed.

Anyways... i am so confused about the anime character names compared to the manga. They are using the Chinese name in the subs while the characters in the anime speak different words...

I liked the color scheme of Ben's father.

The next episode seems much better though.
Oct 7, 2013 3:26 AM

Nov 2011
LOL, what was with that hug part, didn't see that coming. The battle wasn't as great as i was hoping for, they opted to show more of one on one encounters rather than clashing of mass number of troops like we usually got in the 1st season, but it was still a decent start.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 7, 2013 6:06 AM
Nov 2009
Xenoi said:
leeo268 said:
8.47 already!

Maybe its because some people like scoring every episode at the middle of the anime.
It should get higher or lower at the end when more people who only score when the anime is completed.

Anyways... i am so confused about the anime character names compared to the manga. They are using the Chinese name in the subs while the characters in the anime speak different words...

This has a list of all the Chinese/Japanese names.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApSEKDo9ekB8dHpQQjM0bjhMLUFoR2JYUi1vYzNKd3c&usp=sharing#gid=0
Oct 7, 2013 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
An_anon said:
Xenoi said:
leeo268 said:
8.47 already!

This has a list of all the Chinese/Japanese names.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApSEKDo9ekB8dHpQQjM0bjhMLUFoR2JYUi1vYzNKd3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

Yep, it is totaly better with the Chinese name. The chinese name are the real.

the episode is good, but I'm starting to be less interested in the anime because I took the raw and I read the English translations. But I like the fact that the translator use the Chinese names. At least he respects the real names.
Oct 7, 2013 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
Damn, I was yelling NOOOOO! when the episode ended. Damn cliffhanger! I want to see the fight already.
Oct 7, 2013 2:22 PM

Jun 2013
This episode came close to teasing a little bit too much. Maybe because there are obvious battles ahead and we are all ready for the clashes to start in earnest.

I liked hearing a bit of background about the vice generals I just hope we don't suffer from too many "main characters" during the battles. Looking forward to seeing Xin and his crew get some action.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the pre-battle hugging. Wasn't expecting that from a general. Most interesting way to feed into the emotions.
Oct 7, 2013 5:55 PM

May 2012
Wow, that crushing hug. Haha. And surprisingly, I am starting to like Wang Ben. I just like his always serious face. Can't wait for his fight against that assasin man (forgot his name)..
Oct 7, 2013 7:02 PM

Aug 2012
I don't really dislike Wang Ben all that much anymore either, seems like he's really driven to make his father respect his military capability. I'm also liking his ability to keep a cool head all the time, though I think he made the wrong decision here and will end up probably badly wounded because of it. I don't see Rinko being slowed down anytime soon.
Oct 7, 2013 11:43 PM

May 2011
leeo268 said:
8.47 already!

Yeap I did notice(I'm not sure why is it that the first thing I enter the anime page is to look at its ranking). Anyway, the best thing about this anime is that it gets better/more intense after every episode as the war goes deeper, which keeps giving me the feel that those previous episodes were just appetiser(even though they were really good), or at least it is to me for season 1.
Oct 8, 2013 4:59 AM

Jun 2008
AlexTheRiot said:
I don't really dislike Wang Ben all that much anymore either, seems like he's really driven to make his father respect his military capability. I'm also liking his ability to keep a cool head all the time, though I think he made the wrong decision here and will end up probably badly wounded because of it. I don't see Rinko being slowed down anytime soon.

Is not like he has much of a choice in the matter. The guy is already in-frond of him, trying to run away will probably just make him an even easier kill and on top of that his moral and reputation will go to hell and his troops will lose any idea of him and incentive and get slaughter while running away. A leader has to appear as a leader. Right now his only choice is to fight.
Oct 8, 2013 10:13 PM

Aug 2012
Monad said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Is not like he has much of a choice in the matter. The guy is already in-frond of him, trying to run away will probably just make him an even easier kill and on top of that his moral and reputation will go to hell and his troops will lose any idea of him and incentive and get slaughter while running away. A leader has to appear as a leader. Right now his only choice is to fight.
Well I mean his men were building formation around him, so he could have led the counter offensive that way. I agree with you though, it was the best decision for his growth as a leader and in terms of his gaining trust and respect for his newly acquired men. I just say it was the wrong decision because it could very likely end up putting him out of commission for a good part of the war.
Oct 11, 2013 6:41 AM

Oct 2008
AlexTheRiot said:
Well I mean his men were building formation around him, so he could have led the counter offensive that way. I agree with you though, it was the best decision for his growth as a leader and in terms of his gaining trust and respect for his newly acquired men. I just say it was the wrong decision because it could very likely end up putting him out of commission for a good part of the war.

Well I think it was probably two parts pride, one part not wanting to tarnish his growing reputation, one part earning his men's respect and one part not wanting his men to die unnecessarily. He probably knows he was the only one there that even stood a chance.
Mar 28, 2014 3:22 PM

Nov 2011
Dat cliffhanger. For some reason, I'm guessing their fight might be interrupted. Anyways, looking forward to seeing who will win. Will Lun continue his killings or will he die on that day?
Apr 27, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Oh shit.
Jun 22, 2014 5:55 AM

Mar 2010
I feel as if they will both be even.. But not likely.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 24, 2014 5:58 AM

Jun 2012
The vice general hype is real. A thief and an usurper in the making. I wonder if the white elder will put up a decent fight now that he's all fired up. Hopefully they dont go overboard with the cg. Im hoping Lun Hu will get Wang Ben to use those swords/daggers on his back. It looks like it'll be an interesting fight.
Aug 1, 2015 12:27 AM

Jul 2008
Well this should be a good fight.
Jul 25, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
I hate you Wang Ben, you arrogant turd, but you better not lose to friggin' Lun Hu!!! Dx
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 13, 2017 5:42 PM

Jun 2011
I am really not feeling this war all that much, can we just stop with the 1 on 1 and just gang up on Rin Ko? Rin Ko talks too much to the important characters like Ou Hon and Shin (because how else are they gonna be able to surive?), but did his instant kill against fodder generals like Kaku Bi and the 8 others he killed, without wasting time.. what gives?

Rin Ko is also not that cool, despite being portrayed as one, he's just lame-o. Ren Pa is cool, Rin Ko is just some smirking closed-eyes little over-30-year-old shit.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 23, 2019 4:34 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like Lun Ho is going for a killing spree

Jul 6, 2019 4:25 AM

Feb 2013
That hug was funny, haha, what a cool way to power up your men.
Jan 20, 2022 5:19 PM

Dec 2007
i don't see wang-bi winning...

from some reason the CGI is even worse lol
Nov 3, 2022 7:14 AM

Jul 2013
There's no way Wang Ben can beat this veteran assassin/general. I wonder what's gonna happen.
Oct 23, 2023 8:27 AM

Jul 2014
Ousen and Kanki’s first cameo appearance!
Mar 8, 4:10 PM
Jun 2020
Meng AO Goat Meng AO Goat Meng AO Goat Meng AO Goat Meng AO Goat

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Mar 1, 2014

145 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.