Forum Settings
Forums

Second Series of Negima OVA Announced [Confirmed]

New
Feb 11, 2009 4:03 AM

Feb 2008
This is a provisional news based on unofficial sources.
The official announcement was made on Feb 12th.
Multiple blogs reported that Kodansha announced the second season of Negima OVA at the preview event of "Mahou Sensei Negima! OVA Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba". It will be four-volume series and bundled with manga "Mahou Sensei Negima!" Tankoubon. The first volume will be released this summer. If the sales of the new series are sufficiently good, they will make an anime movie of Negima.
The story of the new OVA will correspond to the Magic World arc of the manga.

Staff
Director: Shinbou Akiyuki
Character Designer: Jitsuhara Noboru ("Mahou Sensei Negima! OVA Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba", "Negima!?")
Production Studio: SHAFT

The total sales of the first OVA series were 245,000 copies.

Edited on Feb 15th==========
Akamatsu Ken announced in his web diary that the total length of the new series including the possible movie will be approximately 3.5 hours.

Source: Kuroneko news site
Source: Coco's blog
Source: Zaregoto blog
Source: Renkinba blog
Source: Akamatsu's diary
Source: Negima OAD Official Website
dtshykFeb 14, 2009 6:28 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 11, 2009 4:06 AM

Apr 2008
I'm kinda happy and kinda sad. I hoped for a new complete tv-series, that follows the manga, but OVAs are better than nothing.
Feb 11, 2009 4:26 AM

Aug 2007
dtshyk said:
If the sales of the new series are sufficient, they will make an anime movie of Negima.
.....i thought that if the sales of the currently airing ova's were good enough, THEN we'd get our movie =/
Feb 11, 2009 4:34 AM

Aug 2007
I can't find anything these OVAs can cover, really because I think that everything that is left should be covered by a serie and not OVAs. I hope to god that it isn't the magic world arc, but that seems very likely...
Feb 11, 2009 4:39 AM

Jul 2008
I would rather be seeing the Chao arc.

Well since they will cover 4 volume it probably will be a season of 13 to 26 episode even if they call it ''OVA'' if they cover more than two chapter every episode they will miss thing.
Feb 11, 2009 4:44 AM

Feb 2008
Jollepoker said:
I can't find anything these OVAs can cover, really because I think that everything that is left should be covered by a serie and not OVAs. I hope to god that it isn't the magic world arc, but that seems very likely...

*edited the news.
Yes, it's about magic world arc.
Feb 11, 2009 4:47 AM

Jul 2008
dtshyk said:
Jollepoker said:

*edited the news.
Yes, it's about magic world arc.

Well I would like rather to see the Chao's arc but the magic world will be insanely good as well, I can't wait to see
Feb 11, 2009 4:56 AM

Oct 2008
I love that it will be the magic world, becouse it has the past of my loved Asuna.... but I really would like if the Festival were animated T~T
Feb 11, 2009 4:58 AM

Jul 2008
taiyougumi said:
I love that it will be the magic world, becouse it has the past of my loved Asuna.... but I really would like if the Festival were animated T~T

Yeah every arc should be animated >.>, I wonder why they keep up trowing shitty anime and not animated those who worth it.
Feb 11, 2009 5:06 AM

Aug 2007
I would rather see the magic world arc as a serie (or part of a serie) though, it's not enough with 4 OVAs, it's such a big event after all (as is chao's arc).
Feb 11, 2009 5:23 AM

Oct 2007
LOL! Marketing strategy O_O

Anyway, a 2nd set of OVA for the Magic World arc isn't so bad. I'm rather curious about the Negima! movie, if the sales succeed though. If SHAFT is doing it then that would be so awesome. SHAFT rarely made a movie so it'll be deff something to look forward to.

Feb 11, 2009 7:11 AM

May 2008
I would rather see the Magic Wordl arc too

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Feb 11, 2009 8:26 AM

Oct 2007
I'm looking forward to the potential movie more than anything! Negima is such a fantastic manga series and deserves a movie made after it <3
Feb 11, 2009 9:34 AM

Feb 2008
Silaqui said:
I'm kinda happy and kinda sad. I hoped for a new complete tv-series, that follows the manga, but OVAs are better than nothing.

i imagine in the current economic climate, companies are not too keen on releasing money heavy tv series. it is no doubt that a TV anime would be good, but an OVA release might seem more attractive, in a good way.
Feb 11, 2009 9:41 AM
Jan 2009
I guess it's worth a watch at least.
Feb 11, 2009 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
dtshyk said:
Multiple blogs reported that Kodansha announced the second season of Negima OVA at the preview event of "Mahou Sensei Negima! OVA Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba". It will be four-volume series and bundled with manga "Mahou Sensei Negima!" Tankoubon. The first volume will be released this summer. If the sales of the new series are sufficiently good, they will make an anime movie of Negima.

Staff
Character Designer: Jitsuhara Noboru ("Mahou Sensei Negima! OVA Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba", "Negima!?")

unofficial is better than no source in my opinion :P

Feb 11, 2009 10:06 AM

Jul 2008
Jollepoker said:
I would rather see the magic world arc as a serie (or part of a serie) though, it's not enough with 4 OVAs, it's such a big event after all (as is chao's arc).

Wait where did you see 4 episode? It cover 4 volume but I didn't saw anything about 4 ova.
There's some serie of OVA who are really long so I was thinking about more than four episode, which would be impossible to cover the magic arc. Except if the whole thing is an animated summary and not the true thing.
Feb 11, 2009 10:34 AM

Aug 2007
maxime1007 said:
Jollepoker said:

Wait where did you see 4 episode? It cover 4 volume but I didn't saw anything about 4 ova.
There's some serie of OVA who are really long so I was thinking about more than four episode, which would be impossible to cover the magic arc. Except if the whole thing is an animated summary and not the true thing.

Oh wait, you're right, I misunderstood D:
But still, how many OVAs can that be?
JollepokerFeb 11, 2009 12:22 PM
Feb 11, 2009 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
Jollepoker said:
maxime1007 said:
Jollepoker said:

Oh wait, your right, I misunderstood D:
But still, how many OVAs can that be?

Dunno but I expect more than 4 x 20 minutes episode... They won't be able to cover a lot of thing with that.
If they aren't doing a 13 to 26 episode OVA serie I expect them do to at the very very least, 4 x 40 to 60 minutes episode serie.
Feb 11, 2009 12:56 PM

Mar 2008
Feb 11, 2009 1:22 PM

Aug 2007

Now I'm confused, this one says 4 DVDs D:
Feb 11, 2009 1:25 PM
Aug 2007
Ah, this could be good. I'll look forward to it then.

Feb 11, 2009 3:12 PM

Feb 2008

ANN's news is also based on the same blog. not officially confirmed yet.

Jollepoker said:

Now I'm confused, this one says 4 DVDs D:

I'm saying the same thing. 4 DVDs = four-volume series.
Feb 11, 2009 3:30 PM

Mar 2008
dtshyk said:

ANN's news is also based on the same blog. not officially confirmed yet.

All I said was that it was confirmed, I never said it was officially confirmed :P.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Feb 11, 2009 5:12 PM

Feb 2009
second series of ova's are good an all but i still need to watch the first series. i need to find episode 2 subbed
Feb 11, 2009 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
sincewhen15 said:
second series of ova's are good an all but i still need to watch the first series. i need to find episode 2 subbed

Re(?)read the chapter and then watch the show raw, it's super easy to understand.
There's no english sub yet for the second OVA, I'll watch the third raw as well anyway.
Feb 11, 2009 7:51 PM

Sep 2008
well, OVA is better than nothing i guess. but dont like the decision of basing it on the magic world arc. because it would leave a large time gap between the first fate encounter, kotaro's introduction, and the most famous school festival arc.

which makes me want to believe, that the information is not official and is a troll.
Feb 12, 2009 7:46 PM

Mar 2008
This is wonderful news! More of my beloved Asuna, will I receive! :D

Feb 12, 2009 7:51 PM

Mar 2008
dtshyk said:
The official announcement was made on Feb 12th.

Staff

Source: Negima OAD Official Website

It's OFFICIAL NOW :D.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Feb 12, 2009 7:59 PM

Sep 2008
aww, then they are skipping the entire school festival arc then =/.
it would be awkward to have the magical world arc then backtrack to the school festival.

well, guess its that then, better than nothing.
Feb 13, 2009 2:55 PM

Jan 2009
hahah yay... i havent even seen the 3rd ep of ala alba....cant(or havent bothered) to find a eng subbed version

Feb 13, 2009 4:16 PM

Sep 2008
Kwunbob said:
hahah yay... i havent even seen the 3rd ep of ala alba....cant(or havent bothered) to find a eng subbed version

thats cause the 3rd ep is coming out around feb17th, so its not out yet, lol.
Feb 13, 2009 5:10 PM

Jan 2008
Nice!

Although realistically, the only way that the Magic World Arc can be portrayed with any decency is through at least 6 Episodes (that's even if you take out filler parts) - What I'm hoping for is 8eps in total: 2 on each DVD disc.
Feb 15, 2009 5:34 PM

Jan 2009
Omg theres gonna be a movie!!!!!!!!
Feb 15, 2009 5:59 PM

Oct 2008
I will guess the movie is at least an hour meaning that the series will consist of 3-4 episode ova. Sounds good.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

58 by bibyy »»
12 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 5 hours ago

1 by deg »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.