Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei' to be Animated [Update 01/01]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2013 6:24 AM
Oct 2010
Steel_Queen said:

Pretty much. Not like their plots are similar but they share some common themes.
- MC is too perfect similar to Kirito. Even if they consider him a low-rank at first.
- Girls are all over him. (Alright, this is a general similarity since every harem is like that)
- Incestuous themes.
- And the popularity is the pretty much the same. It was a matter of time until an anime adaption is announced, just look at those sales.

I would have to disagree with the 2nd point. MC does not have girls all over him, and it is not a harem. They respect him, and are inerested, but they do like him like that. There are only 2 I can think who actually like him romantically.

Also, while I agree both MC's are OP, the level is so different it hurts, so comparing them is a little unfair.
Oct 6, 2013 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
Slicer22 said:
Firstly none of the things i even mentioned were 1 cour to begin with so that time constraint issue you mentioned should really not be an issue and because i am not looking for a long discussion and i do not want to write a wall of text i will throw out an example of how the Shana LN was better than the anime and that would be the Friagne fight. In the anime do you even remember it, it became a jumpy convoluted mess that really makes little sense in comparison to the novel version of it. Also they screwed up seasons 1 and 2 by changing things and leaving things out so when season 3 came out it had many people asking themselves wtf is going on and for me season 3 was the best out of all 3 after i filled in the gaping holes left by the previous 2 lackluster anime adaptations.
Well, you mentioned several examples and we can debate whether or how such-and-such LN is better than its anime adaptation as much as we want, but the one you picked above is the one that needs the least debate: Shana is the one that most fans of the LN would call it "badly adapted" and not least because it made so many changes from the LN which are not necessary nor make it better. Recently I see anime adaptation is a lot more likely to stay faithful to the LN and I think it is a good thing in general. And while I have not checked Season 3 I heard that most of the LN fans think it is the most faithful and the best adaptation of the LN among the three, and even the ending, which is not really the same as the LN ending (from what I heard), got good feedback from fans. Too bad it came way too late to make any wave when it was aired.

Slicer22 said:
Also i already mentioned for me leaving out inner monologues or infodumps are a major issue for me just imagine The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya without Kyon's inner monologue and it should be clear as day how important inner monologues can be his are one of the best things about the series.
Here the adaptation choice needs to be careful. For a LN fan of course they want as much of the monologues and infodump as possible but too much of it will surely kill an anime, particularly since most of the viewers of such anime are unlikely to have read the original LNs (and one big objective for such anime is to get these people to buy and read the LNs) who would just fall asleep with those monologues and infodumps. And I believe one reason why Haruhi and Bakemonogatari got immensely popular with both the fans of the original LN and those who are new to the works is because they all got the balance right with the issue, putting enough of monologues/infodump not to alienate the LN fans (or undermine the mood and feel of the work) but not so much that it turns off the newcomers.

Slicer22 said:
Then it crashed and skidded along the concrete floor on its face with that horrible anime original arc after which is a shame.
Actually I don't find the last arc of Railgun2 that bad. I think it is consistent with the growth of Misaka (and she learned in the Sisters Arc) and also refocused the series on the ensemble, which is what really what the series is about. If it had ended in the Sister Arc then it would be just Misaka running the show on her own, and I don't think that is the point for the series.
symbvOct 6, 2013 6:31 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 6, 2013 6:35 AM
Sep 2012
yes yes yes yes yes!
I HAVE BEEN WAITING, FINALLY WE GET AN ANIME ADAPTION OF MAHOUKA <33333333
Oct 6, 2013 6:37 AM

Jun 2011
symbv said:
Slicer22 said:
Then it crashed and skidded along the concrete floor on its face with that horrible anime original arc after which is a shame.
Actually I don't find the last arc of Railgun2 that bad. I think it is consistent with the growth of Misaka (and she learned in the Sisters Arc) and also refocused the series on the ensemble, which is what really what the series is about. If it had ended in the Sister Arc then it would be just Misaka running the show on her own, and I don't think that is the point for the series.

I would have to disagree about the anime original arc being fine or even close to good but really i do not need to repeat the issues here the last few episode discussions on Railgun forums more than point out the issues with it so i will leave at simply different opinions about that.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Oct 6, 2013 6:39 AM

Jul 2008
Mahouka is much better than SAO. It is more mature and have a more 'adult' feeling.

duckofdoom said:
Steel_Queen said:

Pretty much. Not like their plots are similar but they share some common themes.
- MC is too perfect similar to Kirito. Even if they consider him a low-rank at first.
- Girls are all over him. (Alright, this is a general similarity since every harem is like that)
- Incestuous themes.
- And the popularity is the pretty much the same. It was a matter of time until an anime adaption is announced, just look at those sales.

I would have to disagree with the 2nd point. MC does not have girls all over him, and it is not a harem. They respect him, and are inerested, but they do like him like that. There are only 2 I can think who actually like him romantically.

Also, while I agree both MC's are OP, the level is so different it hurts, so comparing them is a little unfair.

Kirito is OP because of no reason, Tatsuya is OP because of inhuman and rigorous training ever since he was a kid. It's stupid to even compare the two.

Tatsuya have no harem, like duck said there's one or two girl at best that actually like him. It's closer to Toradora in that respect (as in there's many pairing going on and it ain't a harem).

There is no incestuous theme. Miyuki and Tatsuya are very close and cannot live without each other but it is not because they love each other romantically. I won't disclose the reasons here because of spoilers.

The popularity is the same but one earned it by having good writing, coherent plot/universe and interesting characters while the other wrote SAO.

Don't get me wrong, SAO entertained me as much as Mahouka did but Mahouka rape SAO hands down if we're talking objectively.

Also mfw Madhouse take the project ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
Oct 6, 2013 6:40 AM

Sep 2012
DarknessOfEmo said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Steel_Queen said:

- Incestuous themes.
welp i lost all urge to watch this
me too.Even I don't know what the heck and why this show is getting popular anyway.
At the very least, try to read things from both sides first:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=672507&show=80#msg25563621

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 6, 2013 6:41 AM

Apr 2012
I have read part of the LN, let's see what will happen with this. :)
AerbageOct 6, 2013 7:02 AM
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 6, 2013 6:52 AM

Mar 2013
no MAL Anime page yet??
Oct 6, 2013 6:53 AM

Aug 2009
Shangetsu said:
Mahouka is much better than SAO. It is more mature and have a more 'adult' feeling.

duckofdoom said:
Steel_Queen said:

- Incestuous themes.

Kirito is OP because of no reason, Tatsuya is OP because of inhuman and rigorous training ever since he was a kid. It's stupid to even compare the two.

Tatsuya have no harem, like duck said there's one or two girl at best that actually like him. It's closer to Toradora in that respect (as in there's many pairing going on and it ain't a harem).

There is no incestuous theme. Miyuki and Tatsuya are very close and cannot live without each other but it is not because they love each other romantically. I won't disclose the reasons here because of spoilers.

The popularity is the same but one earned it by having good writing, coherent plot/universe and interesting characters while the other wrote SAO.

Don't get me wrong, SAO entertained me as much as Mahouka did but Mahouka rape SAO hands down if we're talking objectively.

But Kirito is so good because of his knowledge as a beta tester and how similar each game is with SAO.
Oct 6, 2013 6:53 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
I see the shitstorm and smear campaign on Mahouka already started.

Gonna make it so it becomes the next SAO.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 6, 2013 6:56 AM
Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Shangetsu said:

duckofdoom said:
Steel_Queen said:

- Incestuous themes.

But Kirito is so good because of his knowledge as a beta tester and how similar each game is with SAO.

Oh yeah, no one will argue that Kirito isn't OP and he has a good reason for it, the main difference is the worlds they are awesome in. Kirito is awesome in a game world, 90% of the time life is not at stake.

Tatsuya on the other hand is living in a world after WW3, so his being skilled in reality there, makes it rather more serious.
Oct 6, 2013 6:58 AM
Oct 2013
symbv said:
DarknessOfEmo said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Steel_Queen said:

- Incestuous themes.
welp i lost all urge to watch this
me too.Even I don't know what the heck and why this show is getting popular anyway.
At the very least, try to read things from both sides first:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=672507&show=80#msg25563621

That's my post ^_^.
for the 4 points that Steel_Queen said, I'd like to make a stand for all of them

1st. Kirito iis strong (in game) but nowhere near perfect. Tatsuya (Mahouka's MC) is very very strong, both physically and intellectually, but then again, he is also not perfect.

2nd. Like others have stated, he has no harem (though I'd kill for him to have one as he does deserve one), many (girls included) respect and admire his strength and brain prowess, as well as as his maturity.

3rd. Again, please do define "incest". Is it the sexual act between siblings? If so, then no. The two of them (Tatsuya and Miyuki) are indeed close, so close to the point that you wouldn't find another pair like that. Tatsuya is real a sis-con in a sense the he often spoils his sister and become somewhat overprotective (come on, that's just like a father worrying about his teen daughter), Miyuki in turn respects and hold Tatsuya dearer than anyone (but she IS a bro-con LOL). I won't spoil much, but the two of them only have each other as "family".

4th. Well, This is not wrong, but it took reallllllllyy long for there is even an announcement for Mahouka. It is not very fair (IMO) as Date A Live got its adaptation when there was only 4 vols.
UltraZulwarnOct 6, 2013 7:03 AM
Oct 6, 2013 7:03 AM
Oct 2010
Finally an adaptation, and it's by MadHouse with Nakamura Yuuichi as Tatsuya.
I'M SOLD!
Oct 6, 2013 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
This was bound to happen sooner or later.

And the flame wars have started already.

OMG! I'm late for the beginning of Flame Wars @_@
Pusswookie said:
This,
cressidaaa said:
Levi and Eren should be bro's. I'm rooting for their friendship!

is truth.
Oct 6, 2013 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
UltraZulwarn said:
4th. Well, This is not wrong, but it took reallllllllyy long for there is even an announcement for Mahouka. It is not very fair (IMO) as Date A Live got its adaptation when there was only 4 vols.
Some time earlier in another thread I gave one reason that I saw fans in Japan speculate about the delay of anime adaptation, and it is how foreign countries, particularly Korea which has sensitive relationship with Japan currently, are treated in the novels. As I have not read the LNs I don't know how bad it was, and it also got me wonder, now that it will become an anime, will this issue stay unchanged from the LN?

Oct 6, 2013 7:21 AM
Jun 2013
im happy to here da news, but dis place feels like scorching desert lmao
Oct 6, 2013 7:24 AM

Nov 2010
I can't say I like what I read in the (early parts of) manga, so I guess I'll give low expectation and just watch this for lulz.

Also, while they're two completely different series, from what I read I find the comparation between SAO and Mahouka have some actual bases. I guess they also have similar base for commercial success, can't wait to see the internetz warz.
Oct 6, 2013 7:25 AM
Jun 2013
symbv said:
UltraZulwarn said:
Some time earlier in another thread I gave one reason that I saw fans in Japan speculate about the delay of anime adaptation, and it is how foreign countries, particularly Korea which has sensitive relationship with Japan currently, are treated in the novels. As I have not read the LNs I don't know how bad it was, and it also got me wonder, now that it will become an anime, will this issue stay unchanged from the LN?

if japan has issue with SK, i think the enemy could be switched to russia, cos sakhalin island is pretty close to hokkaido (cmiiw).
Oct 6, 2013 7:31 AM
Oct 2010
symbv said:
UltraZulwarn said:

If that's the case then it could be understandable
But then again it depends how many novels they are going to adapt, because there shouldn't really be anything problematic until the 6th volume.
Oct 6, 2013 7:38 AM
Oct 2013
symbv said:
UltraZulwarn said:

For the sake not spoiling anything (again), let's just say that after the World War 3, many countries merge together, Like the US and Canada have become the United States of North America (NSNA), there is also the New Soviet Union; China, the whole Korean Peninsula and some local areas become Great Asia Alliance, and many more. Japan, oddly enough, still stands as an independent country, and as you're neighbour to some big guys after a big war, troubles are bound to happen.
Oct 6, 2013 7:43 AM
May 2012
Fuck yeah sounds awesome I like the art and the genres!!!!

The synopsis is alright and Madhouse will be doing it :D so I'm really watching this!!
Oct 6, 2013 7:45 AM

Apr 2012
The critics who leapt through time.
There are a lot of them in this forum
Oct 6, 2013 7:46 AM
May 2012
Suntears said:

You are so right.
Oct 6, 2013 7:47 AM
Oct 2010
Suntears said:

Flame wars - The Animation!
Oct 6, 2013 7:47 AM

Apr 2009
Suntears said:

Believe it or not: Some of us actually read novels and are therefore familiar with the source material...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 6, 2013 8:00 AM

Apr 2011
This is Atlas Shrugged the LN, right?

I'll be looking forward to Objectivism posts.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Oct 6, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Suntears said:

Believe it or not: Some of us actually read novels and are therefore familiar with the source material...

But you can't be sure the anime will turns into something horrible, can you?
And I believe that won't be the case since the novel is far from horrible (imo), and who knows, Madhouse might turns it into amazing anime in the end.
Oct 6, 2013 8:06 AM

Apr 2009
opernlied said:
This is Atlas Shrugged the LN, right?

I'll be looking forward to Objectivism posts.

Big words here, opern.
Very big words.
Please, not even as a joke.

Suntears said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Suntears said:

And I believe that won't be the case since the novel is far from horrible (imo), and who knows, Madhouse might turns it into amazing anime in the end.

It would have to be a very liberal adaption then, but true: at least the production values will most likely be alright.
NidhoeggrOct 6, 2013 8:10 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 6, 2013 8:09 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Prepare for the "controversial" portrayal of Korea though.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 6, 2013 8:14 AM
Oct 2013
Not Korea, mostly people with Chinese descent (as there is no longer China or "Korea" when the story starts, they are now the Great Asia Alliance in the LN). My apologies if I happened to offend anyone in here...
Oct 6, 2013 8:16 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
UltraZulwarn said:
Not Korea, mostly people with Chinese descend (as there is no longer China or "Korea" when the story starts). My apologies if I happened to offend anyone in here...

Believe it or not, the hate between Japanese and Korean is stronger than the hate between Japanese and Chinese.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 6, 2013 8:34 AM

Jul 2010
This absolute hype train already begin and will keep like that. As for the manga, there is nothing special about this show. I just hope manga is crap compare to original LN otherwise i'm not sure why there is hype.
Oct 6, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2012
Han-yuu said:
This absolute hype train already begin and will keep like that. .
Why don't you also mention the hate train that is starting and moving along with it? Perhaps because you are in one?

Oct 6, 2013 8:40 AM
Sep 2007
This news just made my day, no joke XD Looks like reading the "Irregular" and "Honor" mangas together and making them consistent to each other wasn't a bad choice X) as a result, I'm not so far ahead X)
Oct 6, 2013 8:42 AM

Feb 2012
Han-yuu said:
This absolute hype train already begin and will keep like that. As for the manga, there is nothing special about this show. I just hope manga is crap compare to original LN otherwise i'm not sure why there is hype.

I read the LN up to vol 3, and I can say it's pretty faithful, with minor differences, like what we'd expect. IMO it starts slow, but I heard things start to go down on the later volumes, so I really can't tell...

symbv said:
Han-yuu said:
Why don't you also mention the hate train that is starting and moving along with it? Perhaps because you are in one?

lol
Oct 6, 2013 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
I Will definitely watch it *Add to plan to watch list!*

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Oct 6, 2013 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
I've noticed that a lot of these Dengeki LNs that are getting adapted recently have at least one of these 2 main themes: magic or knights or some sort of warriors using some sort of magic. It must be a new trend exclusive to this publication.

Oct 6, 2013 8:49 AM
Feb 2012
It was bound to happen. Glad it's Madhouse who's doing the show.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 6, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2010
symbv said:
Han-yuu said:

Hype train =/= Love train. That's publicize exaggeration includes both love and hate. I don't understand this hype. It's just your typical show. As for me. I will decide which one i'm in after checking the anime.
Oct 6, 2013 8:54 AM

Jun 2012
Really excited for this. I pray for incest ending.
Oct 6, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2008
For the first time, I am glad that the Madhouse curse exists, which means that this thing is going to flop regardless of how popular is the source material.

Oct 6, 2013 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
Woop. Gonna be epic.
Oct 6, 2013 9:03 AM

Jun 2012
Awesome!
Oct 6, 2013 9:04 AM

Jun 2011
So fuucking awesome, my day was made! This and Black Bullet ^^ YES YES YES!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 6, 2013 9:07 AM

Jul 2013
Hoppy said:
I've noticed that a lot of these Dengeki LNs that are getting adapted recently have at least one of these 2 main themes: magic or knights or some sort of warriors using some sort of magic. It must be a new trend exclusive to this publication.

Fantasy or Hard Sci-if are among the most common genres within LN's.
Remember MJ Bunko J 5 announcements ?
Oct 6, 2013 9:31 AM
May 2013
Oh shit finally!
Oct 6, 2013 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like the light novel is highly popular, gonna watch it, let's see how well it is

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Oct 6, 2013 9:58 AM

Dec 2011
Interested in the manga, now it got an anime. Whoo. So watching it! It would be awesome if we can get it as early on the start or on the spring of 2014.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2013 10:26 AM
Jan 2013
i knew this was gina happen was just a matter of when didnt think it would be this soon ive read all the manga and LN and this is my fav thing to follow love the shiba siblings just hope it turns out good sure it will tho :)
Oct 6, 2013 10:35 AM

Jul 2008
Suntears said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Suntears said:

You are absolutely right, we do not know how it will turns out. It might be good or it might be awful and only time will tell.
However, there's a lot of people that are comparing and judging it on absolutely no basis. My (and a lot of fan of the LN) message concern such people. I am not trying to tell you that it will be the anime of the year but rather I'm trying to shatter those illusion made of bullshit by people who don't like something just because it's popular.

Comparing SAO to Mahouka is stupid. The only thing they got in common is that they are both novel published by Dengeki that started out as web novels.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 12 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.