Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2013 7:08 AM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man Hibichov is sure having a tough time, his condition is not progressing at all. Olga sure was a shocker, never did I imagine she was 15! She looks very mature, not to mention she's a serious Hibbit fan. I'm sure she will play a role in Hibito's rehabilitation. Not a bad episode overall. The new OP and ED songs are pretty good as well. Specially the ED, I liked that one.
Oct 5, 2013 7:18 AM

May 2010
pretty good episode. i kinda feel bad for hibichov. love the new ED song :)

honestly..more ppl should watch this show.
Oct 5, 2013 7:23 AM

Aug 2008
Oh, great OP and the ED is awesome! It fits uchuu kyoudai so much!

Olga is trying too hard to act like an adult! But I think she'll help Hibito quite a lot.

Kerozinn said:
Oct 5, 2013 7:36 AM

Sep 2008
Like new OP and ED!
Don't like Olga... -.-

Feel sorry for Hibito,
hope next episodes will be better for him :)
Oct 5, 2013 7:36 AM

Feb 2012
I actually enjoy the fact that the Mr. Hibbito show actually has a purpose in the real story.
Oct 5, 2013 7:37 AM

May 2011
Kerozinn said:

Eh I'm fine with this Anime being somewhat under the radar here in MAL. It spares us all the hateful and foolish comments some of the more popular Anime tend to get.
Oct 5, 2013 8:37 AM

Dec 2010
Olga being 15 years old really was a surprise. It was pretty funny looking at how she was trying to act like an adult. Better watch it, Hibichov.
Oct 5, 2013 8:41 AM

May 2010
Windspeaks said:
Kerozinn said:

Eh I'm fine with this Anime being somewhat under the radar here in MAL. It spares us all the hateful and foolish comments some of the more popular Anime tend to get.

that is very true.
Oct 5, 2013 8:55 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode :D

Olga is totally tsundere. I'm also sure she'll play a role in helping Hibito recover. Well it's obvious from the pv XD

Really feeling bad for Hibito though.
Oct 5, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2011
"Eh? What are you doing? Are you okay?"
"That's enough! You're scaring me!"

LOLOLOL. HIBITO.

But yes! I was nervous about a love-interest showing up, but she's only 15. She'll definitely help in his rehabilitation though. It's sad to see Hibito struggling ... I think that information about Mutta starting his training should be passed on to him.

Love the new OP and ED. <3

Second that. I think most people wouldn't pick up this anime simply because of the synopsis anyways. Too bad for them... I watched the first episode on a whim when it came out and it blew away my expectations. One of my all-time favorites since then. :P
MirorinOct 5, 2013 9:14 AM
Oct 5, 2013 9:29 AM

Jun 2012
The SpaceBros voyage continues!!
Still crazy to see how this is a long running anime. I hope it doesn't leave us anytime soon by running out of material to adapt

Russians sure know how to feed their women O.O
15 years old my ass lol
HybridMBLOct 5, 2013 9:40 AM
Oct 5, 2013 9:29 AM

Sep 2013
i cant wait for this to be available to buy in the american market im going to buy all the dvd there hopefully release
Oct 5, 2013 10:12 AM

Jul 2010
Although I prefer Mutta for obvious reasons, I really enjoyed this episode.
Olga acts like an older woman to appeal Hibito. OTP already?
New OP&ED are awesome.

I think it's clear that Hibito will recover thanks to Olga and probably because he will remember the promise he made with Mutta.
At least this is what I think.

Windspeaks said:
Kerozinn said:

Agreed.

Phaetons_Folly said:
I actually enjoy the fact that the Mr. Hibbito show actually has a purpose in the real story.

And this.
Oct 5, 2013 10:34 AM

Feb 2011
Olga rapes that lipstick hard xD

Anyway , episodes are just too short !!
Oct 5, 2013 11:08 AM

Sep 2012
Olga is so much fun! xD

Phaetons_Folly said:

Yeah, that's a pleasant surprise, though I didn't like the spoiler in this episode. I mean they were already in Space in the episode Olga was watching.
Oct 5, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2012
At last cool new opening. So, they will cure Hibito with vodka, which will help him relax? Lol and Olga will teach him how to bend? ;D
Oct 5, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
What the hell?! Mr Hibbit spoilers in this episode..

In all seriousness though, this change of scenery is awesome! I like where this arc is headed.
Oct 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2009
This is going to sound bad, but I'm glad Hibito has hit a rough patch. We're hopefully going to break through that idolised exterior and see what's inside. At least his internal reactions are similar to Mutta's, haha.

I like Olga so far, her posing and showing off is kinda sweet. Overall kids are nicely portrayed in this series imo.

For some reason the preview made me think of Billy Elliot :P
Oct 5, 2013 4:48 PM

Dec 2012
I like the new Op/Ed. Ivan is a crazy guy and Olga is funny trying to act super mature. This felt like a true Uchuu episode, like how slow paced and careful it is so far.

Shinimiras said:
This is going to sound bad, but I'm glad Hibito has hit a rough patch. We're hopefully going to break through that idolised exterior and see what's inside. At least his internal reactions are similar to Mutta's, haha.

Likewise, back during Hibito's crisis on the moon, I thought that his death would have made for a far more powerful turn of events. But I'm actually glad they've done this instead, there's some serious potential character development to be had for Hibito with overcoming his trauma. In the preview I think I saw him dancing, I wonder if he's going to go for that energy and courage that Olga mentioned.
Oct 5, 2013 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
The new OP is the best to roll out personally.

This is such a good arc with Hibito. It has always been painted that he is on top of his game personally and in the space world as a whole. Seeing the opposite end of the spectrum and his struggle to want to return to his world is making a good watch. I hope he can open up to and rely on Mutta if he needs to.
Oct 5, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2011
I have mixed feelings about Olga. I think it is cute that she likes the show but it bothers me a little that she's so negative about Hibito having a difficult time. I know she's young and idolized him because of the show and I assume I'll ease into her being around as she gets to see more of what Hibito is like as a person.
Shinimiras said:

I generally like characters the more hardships they end up facing. In this case Hibito definitely falls under that category. I suppose because to me it makes him feel more real to me. Having difficulties and overcoming them.
Oct 5, 2013 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
I enjoyed this OP a lot, last OP was great too so kudos for all the great OPs/EDs.

Poor Hibito is only getting worse and worse.

Olga seems like an interesting character, but heeeyyyy- I think 16 is legal in Russia woop woop!

I'm going to guess that only two things are going to get him out of this slump, Olga will help him gain the courage and energy he needs again by inspiring him through her dance and hearing his brother is training for Lunar missions will push him harder!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 6, 2013 3:01 AM

Feb 2010
I was hoping Olga was a bit older... But I still love her character. She's very endearing.

I'm really enjoying a Hibito centered episode. Great arc.
Oct 6, 2013 7:11 AM

Jul 2012
this episode was ok. personally id rather they just focus on mutta because he's awesome, but I guess the show is called space 'brothers'..
olga drinking the juice was pretty funny.
Oct 6, 2013 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
I hope they will fuck. Hibito has AFAIK never gotten laid. No wonder he is so nervous.
Oct 6, 2013 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
Olga's got the "GAH! Ok ok be cool" bit down. Even if she ends up trying to act a little TOO cool. That's ok though, we love her for it.

I wonder how much she knows about why Hibito is there? I hope we get a nice heart to heart between them next episode.
Oct 6, 2013 1:29 PM

Jan 2011
The new ED by Kasarinchu is awesome!! Hibitchov in Russia with Olga is a really interesting side story. Plz more Russia, less USA this season. =P
Oct 6, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2012
Good episode, it felt really good getting fresh characters and a change of scenery. Wasn't expecting the "she's 15" part, in a way it trades the love interest routine for something more complex, especially since in the preview Hibito looks like he's starting ballet, so I can see a frienship built on Olga teaching him to dance.
EratiKOct 6, 2013 1:47 PM
Oct 6, 2013 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
Olga, can't wait to see what part she plays in Hibito's comeback. All you people dissing Mr. Hibbit, you can now see that it actually has some usefulness in the main show, but seriously i never realized it was manga content, i thought someone from A-1's staff just thought it up.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 6, 2013 6:32 PM

Feb 2010
dariken said:
I hope they will fuck. Hibito has AFAIK never gotten laid. No wonder he is so nervous.

I am 100% with you. I'm glad someone said this.
Oct 6, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
^Lol u guise pedo?
If that's her in the preview, she's actually loli as fuck.

Anyway, great episode, it flew by in a minute and I couldn't believe it's already over.
Olga seems hilarious, a try-hard Russian anime otaku lol... Speaking of which, what are the other figures next to EVA in her bedroom? They are obviously anime references as well...

Oh and is it just me, or are the OPs getting gradually more serious...?
Oct 6, 2013 9:13 PM
Feb 2009
Err... How old is Hibito? Safe to ship?
Oct 7, 2013 12:54 AM

Mar 2011
Ami-chwan said:
Err... How old is Hibito? Safe to ship?

Ssupposedly he was born September 17 1996, according to wiki. I think the anime started in 2025. So he is like 29? But I don't know how long has passed, so probably a bit older. So not quite xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 7, 2013 2:16 AM

Mar 2009
Olga has terrible taste in anime. She should watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, instead!

Kjeldoran said:
By the way who's her VA? Sounds familiar, but she's not listed on the info page yet.

Mikasa.
Oct 7, 2013 3:12 AM

Feb 2010
Electromaster said:
^Lol u guise pedo?
If that's her in the preview, she's actually loli as fuck.

Lol. Yeah she's soooo young but I'm going to ship them anyways.
Maybe she'll grow up a bit after he's goes back to Houston and then when he comes back, its on.

I was really agreeing more with the fact that he'd probably be less stressed if he had some sex. I mean seriously. I liked his assistant lady, but we'll see.
Oct 7, 2013 5:15 PM

Mar 2008
Kjeldoran said:
So I noticed that around 7min 45s or so into the episode when Olga was walking in, the entrance is done Japanese style where the person takes off their shoes and then "steps up" to enter. Don't really know if that's how they do it in Russia or not.
Yes, that's how they do it. They don't really "step up" however nor do they perform any sort of ritual with leaving their shoes in some particular manner like proper Japanese would do. They simply change street footwear to something cozy. This also helps to keep the house clean, leaving the outside dirt at the entrance.
Kjeldoran said:
By the way who's her VA? Sounds familiar, but she's not listed on the info page yet.
http://myanimelist.net/people/655/Mariya_Ise
MusashiRose said:
dariken said:

I am 100% with you. I'm glad someone said this.
This.
Electromaster said:
^Lol u guise pedo?
Her age made me really disappointed. After previous episode, I really hoped for a sweet romance story for Hibito. He so much needs it, and he so much deserves it. LOL, the brothers are really not that lucky with girls. Even Namba didn't succeed with the heart in the sky xDD
Oct 8, 2013 1:39 AM

Jan 2011
Since we've already seen some examples of rapid time compression (Mutta's training, the progression of Sharon's illness) in this show I wouldn't rule out Olga maturing enough to be a serious ship for Hibito before the end. At this point though, if anything happens Ivan would probably show just a little bit of Russian temper.

Olga sure looks like she might want to grow up fast, but she still goes fangirl over Mr. Hibbit which kind of spoils the image.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 14, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2009
oi! oii! don't tell me, Hibito will end up with that girl Olga? I hope it's not. ( ;´Д`)
Oct 25, 2013 12:12 AM
Aug 2011
Dang Olga looks so much older than 15.

Don't know what I feel about her yet but it seems like she will be crucial in helping Hibito along with his problem.

I don't ship them though, not everything has to be a romance drama.

Mormegil said:
Olga has terrible taste in anime. She should watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, instead!

yeah I was going to say that you're getting anime and you decide to watch Mr. Hibbit? head+desk.
Thanks for reminding me about LotGH, I should get to that, i've had it on-hold for a long time.

I don't like the OP because I don't like the singer's voice but the ED is quite nice.
Nov 11, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2011
Olga totally gives me an Annie vibe.
I hope nothing really happens between her and Hibito though because her being 15 would make me feel rather... uncomfortable about it hah. Although I think it will end up being she helps Hibito and he helps her sort of thing because it's kind of hinted at the PV that maybe she has a bit of trouble she needs to get through
Feb 7, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2009
NEW OP AND ED!!! It's been a short while huh? As always, so awesome to listen to :D
Poor Hibito ... he's having a really rough time >_< Didn't expect Olga to be so young! Trying to act all mature for him eh? :P Drinking juice out of a wine glass ... haha XD Oh and Ivan's such a typical Russian, getting drunk all the time lol :P
Hopefully Hibito will start recovering soon! Looks like he's gonna be doing some dancing next episode :O
Aug 1, 2014 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
Ah new OP and ED song nice.

I think that Olga girl has a thing for Hibito but doesn't show it. She's actually 15 though? Wow, I thought she was at least 20 the first time I saw her.
Aug 31, 2014 12:08 AM

Sep 2013
Plot twist: Hibito goes to jail accused of pedophilia and the space brothers' dream ends :(
Sep 26, 2014 3:54 PM

Nov 2010
The term Cosmonaut is more a favorite to me compared to Astronaut

At Moscow, the Red Square was drawn out great
Olga meeting her idol and showing off with her ballet moves and immature drinking was cute
She might be the one defrosting Hibichov later on
I was more happy about anime reaching Russia, hoping it would grow more into a mainstream thing across the world then a niche

The quality of Mr Hibbit shown in the middle of the episode was way higher than the usual one show at the end
Jan 15, 2015 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
Hahaha oh man. How often do you see an anime with a girl that looks older than she really is? Normally it's the other way around.

Olga's attempts to act like an adult were cute. It's too bad, in a way, that she's too young for Hibito.

Ivan having Hibito stay at his house is a big deal, even if it was at Azuma's request. Russians tend to value their family greatly. They don't let just anyone come to their homes. I do understand Hibito's desire for some space, however. Sometimes having lots of people around makes it even harder to deal with issues; having your personal issues being known by others is stressful.

I actually think they might have been better off leaving Hibito alone for a minute or so after he collapsed in the pressure suit. They aren't giving him enough time to potentially recover from the initial attack.
Mar 31, 2015 1:58 AM

Jun 2009
Apr 15, 2015 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
Hibichov is really struggling... I think there is this fear in him that he'll be alone, so moving to a more unfamiliar environment may not be a good idea...

I thought Olga would be Hibito's love interest at first LOL but to think she's half of Hibito's age... OTL

And i wonder what language they are conversing in... English?? But unlikely? So that means Hibito knows Russian then??
Aug 26, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
No romance with Olga please! That will just ruin it for me.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
Nov 25, 2015 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
Russia is full of alcoholics as expected...

Also find Olga a bit annoying.
Dec 13, 2015 1:06 PM

May 2013
(re-watching)

Seriously, I wanted to hug Hibito when he had a panic T-T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.