Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Log Horizon Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 6, 2013 2:09 AM

-Sakuya- said:
Takuan_Soho said:
-Sakuya- said:
Better than SAO

No it isn't. Not yet at least. Maybe it could (though I have doubts) but SAO's first episode was better and fresher than this episode. SAO didn't hit the skids until after the 3rd episode, when they started jumping around the various side stories with no thought of continuity for those to whom the animation was the first exposure.

Now this show could become better than SAO by having a strong story from here on out, but it hasn't proved that it has the staying power yet to declare it better than SAO. I hope that it will better, I will watch the next episode with this hope, but ultimately Log Horizon has to prove its worth before comparisons can be made, and one episode is not enough to make that judgment.

Teenage drama says hai bro

Agree just because it doesn't have that "omg we are going to die" drama doesn't mean SAO 1st ep was better. actually disagree this fist ep showed us much more of the game and how things work than SAO first ep. this doesn't have the drama because i think it's not supposed to it's more turned to action.

And that opening is indeed epic wich gives +1 to LH ;)

Oct 6, 2013 2:22 AM

I was entertained and really like the bmg as well

Oct 6, 2013 2:38 AM

Vanisher said:
AmberFebruary said:
silkie said:
AmberFebruary said:
have anyone noticed that Akatsuki maybe from a ninja clan in real life?
whys that?

the way she talks, refer to herself as ninja and her choice of "food"

She's just probably into roleplaying.

That was my take on it, too.

And personally, I'd RP too if I was thrown into a world like that. And no, by RP I DO NOT mean "Goldshire RP"
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

Oct 6, 2013 2:57 AM

Decent enough start. Good characters with bits of comedy thrown in. I have high hopes for this one.

Oct 6, 2013 3:02 AM
Akatsuki so cute *w*

Oct 6, 2013 3:38 AM

dat opening is realy addicting lol

database!!

Oct 6, 2013 3:45 AM

uh...puss in boots? lol

Oct 6, 2013 3:56 AM

Liking it so far.

But man, I can't wait for the cat guy. Dat voice.

Oct 6, 2013 3:58 AM

Henrietta's reaction when she saw Akatsuki, i can totally understand that. I mean, she's so friggin' adorable O___O

anyway, it was a pretty good first episode and i really love the soundtracks, it really suits the MMORPG theme..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|

Oct 6, 2013 4:52 AM

loving this and loving Akatsuki!!!

Oct 6, 2013 5:13 AM
Good start! I find the whole setting interesting. And the MC is a mage! My favorite class in most mmorpg's. Well, i hope it stays solid unlike a certain anime which i shall not name at this point.

Oct 6, 2013 5:38 AM

I found the whole cast pretty likeable. I will keep watching
Modified by Raziel1991, Oct 6, 2013 2:22 PM

Oct 6, 2013 6:26 AM

Loving this a lot more than SAO. Already, the world seems more alive than the one SAO is based on. Characters are also more likeable. I have good vibes about this show.

Oct 6, 2013 6:33 AM
I liked this episode a lot.
I really like how Shirou is a mage and strategist rather than a swordsman/fighter like most other mains in these types of fantasy settings. Really big breath of fresh air there.
Akatsuki is cute :D.
I think I'm really gonna like this show.

Oct 6, 2013 6:38 AM

Marow said:
So happy I could cry. Log Horizon might be the MMO anime I've always wanted but never got

i agree.

SAO was very good, but i like the idea of the main characters starting at a high level, having raid experience and knowing other players. because of the expansion setting they wont know everything about the game but they'll still know quite a lot about spells and items and such so the anime wont need to spend as much time on people just figuring out how things work.

the first episode was great and i like that the main character is a mage and a strategist, i'm hoping that he recruits and leads the perfect raid party. hes already got a tank and assassin, now all he needs is a healer and ranged dps and he'll have his core group haha

Oct 6, 2013 7:21 AM
This is the first time I watched something like this: Cannot say I actually liked it.

It would be slighly better if the mc wasn't a guy always touching his glasses and doing serious monologues in his head. The guy is almost a copy of that archer guy from bleach.

Oct 6, 2013 7:26 AM

As I said earlier it is a NHK anime (so no fan service is to be expected) and will be an ensemble anime, but still keep talking about SAO... Can't people tell that an anime based on characters trapped in an MMO can have many different stories to tell?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Oct 6, 2013 7:57 AM

Hoo boy, ever since the ear-grating rap-bullshit opening started, I knew we are in for a mediocrity.

Good thing: they are not trying to be SAO. this is nowhere near as serious, nor takes itself seriously.

Bad thing: this is not serious. This won't be next hack, this won't be next SAO. And the mmo community is self-referential enough, to the point that I just can't see the reason for this even existing.

Hopefully Ep2 will be more coherent, but if it stays at the pace and tone of ep1, the series will remain between 5/10 and 5/10,

Oct 6, 2013 8:06 AM

Dat ending song. Who sings it?
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXwerVFCY-50PTBnedey1PQ

Oct 6, 2013 8:13 AM

Seems decent so far. I will keep watching it.
That OP anyway, that fucking OP is amazing.

Oct 6, 2013 8:48 AM
Loved this episode, I have a good feeling about this, for me it will be much more interesting than SOA or even dot Hack (.Hack) series.... reminds me more of Gantz, although more G-rated.

Looking forwards to more....

Oct 6, 2013 8:49 AM

Seems worth wasting my time on, I'm glad they're taking the comedy route, from what I could grasp the author isn't qualified enough to even try any romance or drama so this wouldn't even touch SAO's toes.
Pretty funny, just wished they'd stop with the "we aren't even allowed to die" thingy
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.

Oct 6, 2013 9:04 AM

I liked SAO for its own reasons and I like the way this one is going so far, a seemingly gritter route but with the comedy aspect still intact.

That OP is amazing, and that ED has an awesome singer! I have no reason to skip those every week

On to the next one!

Edit: I do realise I might seam out of place praising this with an avatar like mine, but I'm not the kind of person that does the whole comparison thing between the 2 shows and end up slating one of over the other.

Oct 6, 2013 10:10 AM

For fuck's sake people, stop comparing this to other anime. It was the same thing with Genei, people kept comparing it to Madoka, despite the differences between the two. Now the same thing, all over again. Just stop comparing and enjoy it.

Sourire said:
Daipyon said:
It was like a copy of SAO but a bit different~

Sadly the main character doesn't look cool.
and SAO was a copy of .hack.. your point being ?

Except, SAO was written in 2002, before .hack was released.

Oct 6, 2013 10:21 AM

It was okay imo... dunno if I'll keep watching this...

Oct 6, 2013 10:33 AM
yhunata said:
For fuck's sake people, stop comparing this to other anime. It was the same thing with Genei, people kept comparing it to Madoka, despite the differences between the two. Now the same thing, all over again. Just stop comparing and enjoy it.

Sourire said:
Daipyon said:
It was like a copy of SAO but a bit different~

Sadly the main character doesn't look cool.
and SAO was a copy of .hack.. your point being ?

Except, SAO was written in 2002, before .hack was released.

except that hack sign released in April 2002 too ..and mostly the planning goes before that ..
please stop that comparing thing ..nowadays there are no original thing only inovation exist ..

Oct 6, 2013 10:35 AM

phoenom said:
except that hack sign released in April 2002 too ..and mostly the planning goes before that ..
please stop that comparing thing ..nowadays there are no original thing only inovation exist ..

Indeed planning goes before that, but how can something that came out at the same time rip off each other? And I'm calling for people to stop comparing as well, if you read my post properly.

Oct 6, 2013 11:43 AM

They are just in the same genre, guys. With each genre comes a set of principles. They aren't ripping each other off.

Anyway it was a decent episode. Will continue with it.

Oct 6, 2013 11:55 AM

Wow. People are really divided on the OP.

I for one think it's one of the best I have ever heard.

Oct 6, 2013 11:56 AM

Okay well ..
first I was like
"Well another SAO / LINK / ... fake" ...
but well think about this ...
if there was already an mmorpg death game anime ?
can't there be another one ?

And well after thinking about this .. I also realized that this isN'T like sao.
First they don't have to clear floors .. or atleast it wasn't mentioned yet.
second , the main is a top notch strategist , compared to kirito hes a fcking genius.

The only things that are "comparable" to sao are
that the MC dislikes guilds etc. & the live action skills and stuff.

Overall I'm very excited to see more episodes

---
And little reminder to all "Omg this is a sao ripp off" people ..
well taking ideas isn't wrong at all .. else there would be only 1 mmorpg or only 1 romance anime
or w/e.

Oct 6, 2013 12:51 PM

Not bad.

Oct 6, 2013 2:01 PM

Not a big fan of anime that are placed in MMO games, but this one was quite enjoyable. And it looks less dramatic than SAO which is a good thing.

Oct 6, 2013 3:51 PM
Observer

kornay said:
Okay well ..
first I was like
"Well another SAO / LINK / ... fake" ...
but well think about this ...
if there was already an mmorpg death game anime ?
can't there be another one ?

And well after thinking about this .. I also realized that this isN'T like sao.
First they don't have to clear floors .. or atleast it wasn't mentioned yet.
second , the main is a top notch strategist , compared to kirito hes a fcking genius.

The only things that are "comparable" to sao are
that the MC dislikes guilds etc. & the live action skills and stuff.

Overall I'm very excited to see more episodes

---
And little reminder to all "Omg this is a sao ripp off" people ..
well taking ideas isn't wrong at all .. else there would be only 1 mmorpg or only 1 romance anime
or w/e.

Yes, just to clarify a bit once again:

1 - There is no permadeath in this game
2 - The MC does not hate guilds per se.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Oct 6, 2013 4:10 PM

I like it.

Oct 6, 2013 4:34 PM

Started alright. What are the chances of it trainwrecking?

Oct 6, 2013 4:41 PM

wakka9ca said:

Unless you have read in advance there haven't any mention about death condition on the first episode. They just asuming thing.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Oct 6, 2013 4:57 PM

wow dat OP you can't resist loli power

Oct 6, 2013 5:04 PM
Observer

NeoAnkara said:
wakka9ca said:

Unless you have read in advance there haven't any mention about death condition on the first episode. They just asuming thing.

They mentioned it in episode preview.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Oct 6, 2013 5:06 PM
Not as good as I expected.

The first episode of SAO is miles better.

Outbreak Company which is currently airing is much better than this so far.

Oct 6, 2013 5:08 PM

wakka9ca said:
NeoAnkara said:
wakka9ca said:

I think it mean the game that didn't have respawn system so that it mean that once death it is over. Dunno if that is true. Waiting for confirmation next episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Oct 6, 2013 5:31 PM
Observer

NeoAnkara said:
wakka9ca said:
NeoAnkara said:
wakka9ca said:

I think it mean the game that didn't have respawn system so that it mean that once death it is over. Dunno if that is true. Waiting for confirmation next episode.

The preview clearly said you cannot die.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:

Oct 6, 2013 5:40 PM

wakka9ca said:
NeoAnkara said:
wakka9ca said:
NeoAnkara said:
wakka9ca said:

The preview clearly said you cannot die.
But the OP imply that someone can die. Clearly you won't mourn if someone if you cannot die here.

Oct 6, 2013 5:41 PM

yhunata said:

Indeed planning goes before that, but how can something that came out at the same time rip off each other? And I'm calling for people to stop comparing as well, if you read my post properly.

Company alway announced earlier information at least one year before their release game for PR purpose so SAO author can copy the concept , trailer and some summary of story at that time

Oct 6, 2013 5:43 PM

Ignis_Scientia said:
yhunata said:

Company alway announced earlier information at least one year before their release game for PR purpose so SAO author can copy the concept , trailer and some summary of story at that time
If I'm not mistaken 2002 is when MMO is booming. Clearly creating something following the trend is not new.

Oct 6, 2013 5:49 PM

The amount of times the main character pushed his glasses up. I lost count.

Oct 6, 2013 5:51 PM
symbv said:
Can't people tell that an anime based on characters trapped in an MMO can have many different stories to tell?

Nope. That's why we still get people calling SAO a .hack rip off when it has very little in common with .hack.

Oct 6, 2013 5:56 PM

NeoAnkara said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
yhunata said:

If I'm not mistaken 2002 is when MMO is booming. Clearly creating something following the trend is not new.

I am not sure about your information but development for .hack began in early 2000 that mean the concept had to be created before that . Furthermore , the reason SAO was rejected , unpopular at that time and push back until 2009 was the best evidence that it is terrible compare to .hack//

Oct 6, 2013 6:00 PM

Ignis_Scientia said:
NeoAnkara said:
Ignis_Scientia said:
yhunata said:

I am not sure about your information but development for .hack began in early 2000 that mean the concept had to be created before that . Furthermore , the reason SAO was rejected , unpopular at that time and push back until 2009 was the best evidence that it is terrible compare to .hack//
It is no use talking to someone who have .hack// as avatar something like this.

Oct 6, 2013 6:03 PM
i wonder why no fansub group is taking this up, it's a great anime.

Solid first ep =) Still abit unclear how they got there/what happened, but that's what plot is for.

Oct 6, 2013 6:12 PM

yhunata said:

It is no use talking to someone who have .hack// as avatar something like this.

oh ok , i just want to have some discussion about the release date

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »