Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 10, 2009 1:05 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice story, but it felt a bit weird. It all happened too fast. Decent ep nonetheless.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 10, 2009 1:07 PM

Feb 2008
Good Hatchin episode. I liked it even though I didn't get everything immediately.
Feb 10, 2009 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
Not that big fan of Hatchin, so this episode was so-so to me.
Though I did like the Ergo Proxy reference:
Feb 10, 2009 2:49 PM
Dec 2007
It's strange how Michiko e Hatchin varies from good episode episodes like this one (yes I know it has nothing to do with the plot or anything and it's quite a bit random) and much less interesting episodes like the former episode. I really have a hard time liking this seires even if I feel like I should. It doesn't appeal to me that much.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 10, 2009 2:49 PM

Jun 2008
I kinda liked this episode.
LOL @ the Ergo Proxy reference
Feb 10, 2009 2:52 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Kayro said:
Wow I didn't even catch that, I was just looking at that white book. Nice catch.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 10, 2009 9:57 PM

Nov 2007
i think this episode is what pisses me off about the series. i like the series alot but then episode to episode there is not continuity. how does she go from sitting in a car with an assassin who says she loses to being ok the next episode. i just wish they would wrap up one idea properly.
Feb 10, 2009 10:31 PM

Jan 2008
I loved this episode. Hachin's date! The insert song was great.
I'm glad I'm archiving the 720p's, I have a feeling I'll be watching the again.
Feb 11, 2009 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
Cute episode.

Oh man I missed the Ergo Proxy ref, though. D: Bad fan.
Feb 11, 2009 3:19 AM

Aug 2007
hahahaxD
When I saw vincent law I kept thinking "I KNOW THIS NAME!!!???" What anime was he fromxD Forgot about Ergo proxy hahahaxD

I thought it was a really cute episode =3
Kind of dissapointed with how it ended... but still cute.
I lol'd when Michiko called him Gay lookingxD
Because the very first scene they showed him in the bookstore I thought he was either a gir(Till he talked)l or gay too xD
Feb 11, 2009 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
I really did not like this episode. I liked it in theory, but in execution it was just beyond terrible. The story was far too rushed. They tried to pack 2 episodes of content into one episode, and as a result, characters were completely nonsensical in action and motivation. The pace was jumpy, with an equally unsettling direction to frame everything, and the dialogue was just plain bad.

Honestly, I don't see the point in giving Hatchin a love interest if it's only going to happen in one episode. We spent what, 3 episodes on her first friend? Bad.
Feb 12, 2009 8:30 AM

Dec 2007
I think first everyone needs to accept that almost all of these episodes (and future episodes) will not be interconnected. There's only a few that you need to watch in a particular order. We've all seen the formula: mini-story is presented, then we find out that it doesn't relate to anything. No reason to expect a meaningful episode at this point.

I liked the originality in this episode.
Hatchin was bearable to me for once, a real shocker.
DunkyFeb 12, 2009 8:39 AM
Feb 12, 2009 9:09 PM

Jun 2007
Kayro said:

Just in case everyone else missed it, the books in the back are all Ergo Proxy references too. I was more focused on the two books on the table until I took a closer look at your screen shot and saw all the Law's and Vincent Laws lol.
Feb 13, 2009 6:12 AM

Jan 2008
Ohwah, I didn't expect Hatchin to have full ep about love interest. It's quite funny watching some scenes in this ep. It reminds me similar RL event.

Oh Vincent Law books. LOL. Too focus with the white book, I didn't catch that myself especially I had EP on hold.

Feb 14, 2009 12:30 AM

Apr 2007
Haha, that Vincent Law reference cracks me up XD

Good episode, thou I agree with noteDhero about the way it was gone about. Not a very good execution, but ah well.

And I thought he was a girl in the beginning as well, shocked when I heard his voice haha.

Cute ep overall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2009 6:07 AM

Oct 2008
I don't know why but I love this series. When it finishes It's going on my favorite list.
Feb 14, 2009 11:07 AM

Dec 2008
cyruz said:
Kayro said:
Wow I didn't even catch that, I was just looking at that white book. Nice catch.

Same here!
Feb 14, 2009 12:58 PM

Aug 2007
When Lenine and Hatchin were outside his house in the dark, omg he was so hott. And then she ruined it by shouting she hates him.

This episode sucked. Hardly any michiko and my darling Hana... I started to wish she died or something, she was so stupid.

lol@ 'the gay guy' leaving the book for her. What was up with his outfit >:@

Vincent Law <3
Feb 16, 2009 8:57 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
nice episode but i think it's about time we returned to the main plot, no?
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 16, 2009 6:33 PM

Jan 2008
OH GOD. BEST EPISODE EVER, EVER, EVER. I LOVE EVERYTHING: SPLOT, MUSIC, REFERENCES (LOL), HANA, MICHIKO, OMGAWD, THE GRPAHICS. Looks SO MUCH LIKE MY COUNTRY OR BRASIL. I think, great anime EVER. I love this episode, omgawd T_________T.
And Lenine, nononono, just awesome, awesome, awesome.
Feb 17, 2009 12:52 PM

Sep 2008
Too much slice of life and romance in this ep...last one (14) was the best episode of the series with the only prblem being the unresolved assasin plot...it just din end too well. I was kinda expecting more story from this ep though. Overalll confusing ep...just couldnt get the boy and Hana wasnt acting liek I'd expect her to
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Feb 18, 2009 9:50 AM

Jan 2009
Honestly one of my least favorite episodes... A little bit too soft for me. I struggled not fast forwarding most of it >.<

Mar 10, 2009 12:15 PM

Jun 2008
It couldn't surpass the magnificence of episode 7, but it was VERY good.

Don't blame Hana. It's a difficult girl, with a difficult past, on a difficult time. I just think that people don't get that the main plot has absolutely nothing to do with Hiroshi. Srsly.
Mar 11, 2009 8:16 PM

Apr 2007
DeathfireD said:
Kayro said:

Just in case everyone else missed it, the books in the back are all Ergo Proxy references too. I was more focused on the two books on the table until I took a closer look at your screen shot and saw all the Law's and Vincent Laws lol.

Oh wow, didn't even catch THAT.

I feel dumb now hahaha. I recently finished Ergo Proxy too. :P

Mar 25, 2009 10:55 PM

Jan 2008
Yay for more random characters, not.
May 7, 2009 12:27 PM

Jan 2009
Very nice romantic story! But Hatchin's behavior was a little bit annoying, she was too close.

Jul 1, 2009 2:34 AM

Dec 2008
I still don't get Hatchin's motivation for the things she says and does.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2009 1:34 AM

Jun 2009
It tried to be a cute/heartwarming Hana-centric episode that ended up being weird, confusing, and downright creepy thanks to that boy they introduced in the story.
Compared to the previous stories, this one was pure laziness and boredom.
Oct 21, 2009 8:22 PM
Aug 2009
I pooped myself 'cuz of all those books.

Ergo Proxy was fun.
Mar 6, 2010 10:53 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
I really did not like this episode. I liked it in theory, but in execution it was just beyond terrible. The story was far too rushed. They tried to pack 2 episodes of content into one episode, and as a result, characters were completely nonsensical in action and motivation. The pace was jumpy, with an equally unsettling direction to frame everything, and the dialogue was just plain bad.

Honestly, I don't see the point in giving Hatchin a love interest if it's only going to happen in one episode. We spent what, 3 episodes on her first friend? Bad.

Though I see where you're coming from, I'd have to completely disagree. I believe the whole point of this episode was to remind us that Hatchin, despite being the maturer of the pair, is still just a 10 year old girl, and her feelings and actions towards Lenine are just further proof of that.

Feb 6, 2011 6:44 PM

Aug 2010
I really love this series, it just feels good man.

Also, Michiko is fucking awesome as always.

"Some gay looking boy just dropped this book off." So nonchalant.
Jun 15, 2011 7:08 PM

May 2008
This was definitely my most favourite episode thus far. That boy was so cute. Really I'm only forcing myself to watch this show because I like the character Hatchin. Not to mention I think I'm fairly racist toward this sort of thing. I'm much more comfortable with a typical white-ish anime cast. And this show has more black people than I've ever seen in anime. Makes me feel uncomfortable and out of place.

But Hatchin and episodes like this have made it worth it for the most part. And gods, Hatchin is seriously Tsundere. Lenine is so adorable, seriously. Of course she liked him. But running away? Good lord.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 21, 2011 1:24 AM

Feb 2011
When Hatchin cries at the end >_<
Aug 24, 2011 7:39 AM

Jan 2010
ukonkivi said:
This was definitely my most favourite episode thus far. That boy was so cute. Really I'm only forcing myself to watch this show because I like the character Hatchin. Not to mention I think I'm fairly racist toward this sort of thing. I'm much more comfortable with a typical white-ish anime cast. And this show has more black people than I've ever seen in anime. Makes me feel uncomfortable and out of place.

But Hatchin and episodes like this have made it worth it for the most part. And gods, Hatchin is seriously Tsundere. Lenine is so adorable, seriously. Of course she liked him. But running away? Good lord.
ukonkivi said:

I know you probably didn't mean to be offensive, but that was an incredibly ignorant comment.
Mar 29, 2012 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
I really liked this episode, especially the children book's art-style sequences.

Hatching was very cute (if a bit annoying but hey, she's very young and it's her first crush so I can understand her... a bit.), Michiko was awesome as usual and I appreciated how they directed the story. It was just a superficial first crush over a couple of days, nothing in someone's life, and yet she probably will never forget it. :)

Writting his name in that ickle paper hen was adorable.
Apr 10, 2012 5:22 PM

Jan 2012
yeah this episode needed more episodes if anything, no way can you just throw in a love interest and have all that in just under 20mins, way too rushed, this anime is like a guity pleasure, in theory its not that good, the plot is non-existant, the main characters arent even that likeable anymore, at least not for me... but i dunno, i just want to keep watching, maybe a part for me thinks it might get better? aha
Apr 11, 2012 5:05 AM

May 2008
Cant blame Hatchin for what she did . She is still young and Naive. Though what she did is really rude . Well children will be children, till the end she nvr told him anything.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 19, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was really confusing for me. I was surprised they didn't continue where they left of in the previous episode, and also disappointed. Either way, still like this anime.
May 3, 2012 1:53 AM

Dec 2009
Canopus said:
It couldn't surpass the magnificence of episode 7, but it was VERY good.

Don't blame Hana. It's a difficult girl, with a difficult past, on a difficult time. I just think that people don't get that the main plot has absolutely nothing to do with Hiroshi. Srsly.

Indeed, there is a reason why this is comparable to Champloo, Bebop, Mushishi, because it is so driven by characters and relations. Story is pretty much thrown aside, especially with all these gaps in chronology and interesting choice of editing. It's very unique and stylistic and I personally love it.
Jul 6, 2012 12:56 AM

Jul 2011
at first when i saw that lil boy i was like not another stalker kid like rita ex but he ended up being a cool kid.. i think hatchin might finally be able to understand michiko a little more
Aug 5, 2012 1:14 PM
Aug 2011
I really liked this episode, because we get to see more of Hana's life than Michiko's. What I didn't understand was at the end, he acted like he didn't know her, then called her Hana. And when he said he was taking the book to someone right before he lost his memory, why was there a picture of Hana? Was it because the girl he wanted to give the book to looked like Hana, or was he actually referring to Hana and he still loves her? I wish there was more to this. :[
Sep 3, 2012 8:15 AM

Jul 2011
Fabienne said:

Me neither... poor Lenine. He was pretty nice, I think.
Oct 1, 2012 10:46 PM
Oct 2012
Fabienne said:

I can't help wondering if it had something to do with why she kept grabbing her lower stomach, either it was supposed to be butterflies or period cramps. The latter could explain her bitchy attitude.
Nov 15, 2012 2:46 PM
Apr 2011
I just...I don't understand why Hana was so freaked out by Lenine. A boy is being nice to her? Big whoop, she had no problem dealing with her first friend or the boy that was with her...or any of the other kids she's met. What was the issue?

Then suddenly she was so sad? It made no sense to me. They tried to make it seem like she was pushing him away because he would forget her, but she doesn't know that until almost the end of the episode...someone explain this to me??

Hana bothers me anyway (I like that her character is realistic, and sympathetic, but it doesn't mean I have to like her :P) but this episode made me like her less.

Aaaaand Michiko is a flawless goddess as always.
Jan 5, 2013 7:44 AM

Dec 2009
I liked this episode quite a bit. Doesn't help the story along and Hatchin still makes little sense to me but it was nice. Based on anime I'd judge that kids are totally clueless about love & relationships, lol.
Such junk...
Mar 1, 2013 9:41 PM

Sep 2010
ukonkivi said:

Oh shut up you racist turd
sauveterreOct 9, 2016 5:58 PM
Mar 16, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2012
A bit of love put in the story, why not he... not a bad episode, lets see what's next!
Sep 27, 2013 8:00 PM

Jun 2010
The first scene was beautiful (compare to the similar scene of intense, wordless attraction with Michiko in episode 7), but the rest was cheesy as hell, especially Grandpa Exposition kicking the story in a new direction.

I swear, the boy might as well have had one of those magical anime diseases and melodramatically dropped dead at the end of the episode.
Sep 30, 2013 10:31 PM

Sep 2013
I was disapointed when they didn't follow up with the old guy ( I should of known since there was no part 1 in last episode title), but it was a good episode seeing Hatchin's first crush was really cute.
Oct 1, 2013 10:46 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was pretty bland honestly, the pacing was terrible.
Could be because i don't like Hana..didn't like this much.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

241 by superwaha »»
Feb 27, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 16 Discussion

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

40 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 4, 2023 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.