Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 5, 2013 9:06 PM

Aug 2010
I only saw the first three episodes of the first season before I dropped it but ironically I read the entire manga over the summer and liked it. It's kinda like Shingeki no Kyojin in the sense that the Novas are so ridiculously powerful you can't imagine how the humans can win.

Did Freezing always look this good? I dont know whether it was because I was using VLC instead of the MadVR setup and new monitor setup I have now but the first season did NOT look anywhere near this good to me. Just surprised that this type of series would have the type of production values that I am seeing.

Well I kind of remember this arc having more Pandoras or something in the manga from the Genetics school that Satella is from as well as more Pandora from other school but I guess some of the characters were cut from the anime.

I see it didn't take long for the first fan service scene to crop up, they seem to take any and all opportunities which is a given. Freezing is about the only ecchi show I would STILL watch even if there wasn't any fan service, always liked these kind of super overwhelming threat against humanity type stories.
Oct 5, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
Not a bad start, glad that a 2nd season is here. Not much happen in this except in the ending imo. Though one of the highlights were the supporting characters coming back and the action in the beginning.

Oct 6, 2013 12:05 AM

Mar 2013
Yay, this anime is back!!
Intense fight in the beginning...
Really nice to see other Pandoras in other Genetic division throughout the world :)
Oct 6, 2013 1:43 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Cleaned.
Removed all posts that were discussing subs and some spam posts.

Please see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules:
4. Single phrase responses (e.g., "Good episode") do not contribute nor promote discussion and will be removed without notice.
5. Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch an episode.
6. Refrain from comparing/conversing about whose fansubs to use or watch in the Episode Discussion.

Please also see the Site & Forum Guidelines. The definition of spam is in the second post.

Please only post to discuss this episode, everything else is off-topic and will be removed.
Oct 6, 2013 2:22 AM

Jul 2012
WOOT,freezing is back!!!!

Great first episode!!!
Oct 6, 2013 3:22 AM

Mar 2013
I completely forgot how this anime ended from season 1, so I had to rewatch that. I've been hearing a lot of posts saying that the siblings arc was skipped and that there was missed character development for satllizer, so I had to read that arc for myself. I can see why they didnt put that in the anime due to the
That arc is defintely needed for character development and I would suggest those who haven't read the manga and just prefer to watch the anime to read the "siblings arc" to enjoy this upcoming season a bit better.
Oct 6, 2013 3:42 AM

May 2012
Good first episode. I'm glad that it is uncensored

I'm not sure why Cassie is in the top 5. If I remember correctly, Satellizer won against her in the ending of 1st season.
Oct 6, 2013 4:10 AM

Sep 2011
They cut the little bro arc, to be honest tht could be done in one episode flashback, good episode overall.

CHIFFON -> best girl.
Oct 6, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2011
Chiffon and Ticy moment <3

nice start 4/5
Oct 6, 2013 4:52 AM

Jun 2013
It's finally here.YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Oct 6, 2013 6:22 AM

May 2010
it was an alright episode..... hope some thing will be done right..... hopefully.
Oct 6, 2013 8:50 AM

Jun 2012
Will Freezing manage to stay relevant between all of the other PLOT shows this season?

From what I remember of the Alaska arc, I think there's little PLOT and more plot. Course the anime can always just add more if they want heh

Dem Chiffons though.... Why is she best Pandora? :P
HybridMBLOct 6, 2013 9:11 AM
Oct 6, 2013 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
Even thought they skipped the sibling arc, I am glad they didn't show it.
Now I'm only wondering if this will continue the manga fro this point, or it will be another ecchi anime without any plot.
Oct 6, 2013 11:25 AM

Mar 2012
Y'all must hate Satellizer that much if you wanna see the brother arc THAT badly. Haha.
Ok here's the thing: yes, I've read the manga, and yes it was important development for her. But tbh since the anime's focusing more of the action, character interactions and fanservice, why would they want to spend too much time, or any time, on that really dark arc? Imo, looking at the intro song I get this feeling that the arc will appear, and be probably summed up in 2 episodes, cause the events weren't that long. Honestly that, while there is good character development there, it's a very deviant chapter of the story that anime watchers can go without. Mind you, we can wax lyrical about 'wah wah wah, didn't adapt the manga well' all we want, but if you've never read the manga then it doesn't affect you. Fine, if not seeing Satellizer get abused bothers you, then that's you. But personally I'm here to be entertained by what makes Freezing so exciting, and Vibration seems to be going straight down the E-Pandora arc, which has a LOT of story, so I dunno why people are acting like we need to see the brother arc so badly. It can either be a 1 or 2 episode flashback or maybe an OVA, but for it to start the series off? Pfft no way, it'd throw people off considering the events. It's an important story bit yeah, but anime adaptions aren't always 100% accurate, and if you're not super uptight then it's all good.

Also if you've seen Freezing season 1, can you REALLY be that surprised that it's gonna be fanservice all day every day? If you don't like ecchi, you're on the wrong anime.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Oct 6, 2013 12:47 PM

Apr 2011
I didn't read the manga but in season 1 I think people understood what's the deal with satellizer cuz we saw what happened in the past.
Oct 6, 2013 2:45 PM

Mar 2012
Valaskjalf said:
I didn't read the manga but in season 1 I think people understood what's the deal with satellizer cuz we saw what happened in the past.

Yeah they kinda did touch upon the topic without getting too deep into it, so as far as the anime's concerned people know why Satellizer doesn't like getting touched. But as i said, people want to see all those dark scenes in glorious HD animation :V
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Oct 6, 2013 2:52 PM

May 2013
Been kinda looking forward to this.

The Alaska arc is touted as very good by readers of the manga but I can't make heads nor tails of manga's.

So whilst I know the gist, getting the specifics will be nice.
Oct 6, 2013 2:52 PM
May 2013
JusticeSoulTuna said:
Valaskjalf said:

Yeah they kinda did touch upon the topic without getting too deep into it, so as far as the anime's concerned people know why Satellizer doesn't like getting touched. But as i said, people want to see all those dark scenes in glorious HD animation :V

Agreed.

Well finally got around to watching it today, i must say it felt like they've jumped forward a lot. I haven't read the manga so i have no idea about the "Arc" they've missed.

But it does give a feeling they've missed stuff out.

Other then that, looking forward to the rest of season 2, and also on the MaL info there's only 7episodes please say that's incorrect.
Oct 6, 2013 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
whats with the old ost's from season 1 , low on budget???
Oct 6, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
Hmmm seems they skipped the brother arc. Now while I hated that arc it was important for some development. Not to big of a deal for those of us who read the manga though.

I enjoyed the first episode and I have high expectations for the rest. The ED was awesome and I have high expectation for this season.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Oct 6, 2013 8:32 PM
Dec 2012
Many Of you are worried about the Sibling or Brother arc TBH I'm annoyed they skipped it but when they introduced the top 5 Pandora Chffion Told Elizabeth that she should be right below them however She responded that Holly was stronger than her and wondered if she was present so that may be a hint that they may add that part of the Story in this season as a Side Story to ensure that the important parts for the story from that arc are covered but then again that may be just wishful thinking.
Oct 6, 2013 9:05 PM

May 2010
It's back and glad the girl are still as fine as ever
Oct 6, 2013 11:24 PM
Aug 2011
Honestly people saying Siblings Arc was overly dark for the anime obviously don't remember prior scenes from the first season. Nothing to explicit was shown in the manga so much so that they couldn't cover it if they wanted to. I totally get them not though. It is a bit out of place compared to the majority of the manga. Which is a heaping pile of too many characters and jumbled up story anyhow.

I am honestly in some ways glad they didn't as I can't stand the childish and misplaced use of NTR and rape everywhere. It would have been worse than the SAO debacle.

Episode looks good for what it is. Throw out your brain entertainment. Take it or leave it, it is what it is.
Oct 7, 2013 12:53 AM
Jan 2011
Striderfang said:
They fucked up Julia's personality too...i mean wtf she would never grab someone's boobs in the manga, it was suppose to be roxanne and satellizer. Is there a reason why thet are purposely deviating from the manga so much already?? Well i guess I'll still end up enjoying the entire thing in the end...im just really disappointed since I love the manga. Its being rushed too but thats expected so not complaining there.

Im with you. I dont even wanna watch another episode right now. I can get over the fanservice and the rest ( like Roxanne's voice being completely different from what i imagined), but wth? Why would they change Julia? They are doing what they want with the plot and i dont like it one bit.

I realize 1st season wasnt good adaptation either, but now they had the chance to do it right.

EMChamp said:

Did Freezing always look this good?

I think they improved the character style. Elisabeth looks even better now and Satellizer as well. I liked Roxanne too. They did the hair just as i wanted - you know - that awesome crab shape.

Taoholic said:
whats with the old ost's from season 1 , low on budget???

They didnt want to break the 'feeling' of the 1st season. There is new music but they mesh it together. Im glad for this. Looks like the new composer is someone else, which is a shame.
sspitOct 7, 2013 1:04 AM
Oct 7, 2013 1:27 AM

Jun 2011
So so so so so slow.

2 minutes in, and we still got nothing but helicopter flying around the area.

4 minutes in, and they're just repeatedly shooting the missiles.

8 minutes in, damn waited long enough, the action is starting.

Yes, after 8 long long long minutes, the real thing only starts there. Wasted 8 minutes of my life. Love the uncensored nudity. I sensed some sadness in the preview, and more actions!

And of course, the woman's "Ahh" voice when they're performing some sort of rituals with their male partner. -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 7, 2013 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
The Ahh voice, is Ereinbar set x), a sort of orgasm to enable the power between limiter and pandora (correct me if I'm wrong).

For people that don't know what's the siblings arc is, if I remember well, it's chapter 39-50 in the manga, The chapters ~45-50 are fights. But it's pretty important for Satellizer's character development
Oct 7, 2013 11:32 AM

Jan 2009
Scarlett Ohara lol.
Oct 7, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
Finally. Been waiting on this for a while xD.

Yeah, I was wondering if that means that Satellizer is ranked 2 or 3 in the top five since they said that Holly was in the top five or was the top 3 or something and Satellizer beated her so that means Satellizer is like top 5 too :D

(this was from the arc chapter 39-50). I only read it since everyone on forum was complaining about it and it helps understand what happened between the first season and second season.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Oct 7, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
Damn i was looking forward to the siblings ark for the character development but not that surprised that they skipped it as every one was saying it is a bit to explicit for tv. Overall a pretty good first episode.
Oct 7, 2013 9:10 PM

Aug 2012
Poor transition from the first season. They just jump into action without explaining or giving context first.

The amount of gratuitous Engrish is cringeworthy. Makes me glad I watched the first season in English, thanks to FUNimation.

4/10 Did not grab my attention, but I will trudge along.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Oct 8, 2013 7:11 PM

Apr 2013
I have high hopes for this season ~
Oct 9, 2013 2:00 PM

Dec 2010
Never had expectations for the Brother arc to be animated, so I'm not to worried about that.

What I really don't like at all, is that they seem to have completely missed Julia's and Charles' characters. Hope they fix that.

And also, the forced ecchi. I don't mind boobs at all, but I prefer some actual development!
Oct 10, 2013 8:25 PM

Apr 2011
"We fought in lesbian nude tits!" ... LOLWUT? I'm not sure if that was a bad translation or what. Gotta love Rana tho, either way ;)

Don't really get people complaining about the ecchi ... what the hell else were you watching this show for? Personally I'm glad to finally see an ecchi series that doesn't censor the hell out of itself in order to sell more Blu-rays. I'm looking at you, female wrestling anime with a name too long to remember.

Enjoyed the first episode, it gave me exactly what I expect out of FREEZING ... nice action, cute girls and lots of naked boobs. With all the fanservice being aired this season, FREEZING is still king :)

5/5
Oct 12, 2013 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
This episode can be resumed in two parts:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/ev7sq1.jpg

and

http://rghost.net/49324337/image.png
souma-kunOct 12, 2013 2:05 AM
Oct 19, 2013 1:49 AM

May 2012
They really skipped sibling arc ... Anyway Hope this anime will be great

Oct 22, 2013 12:29 PM
Dec 2010
Going on my rating from season 1, I initially went into this expecting to give it a 5 out of 10, after 8 minutes and 41 seconds, I lowered my scored to a 4/10 and after 10 minutes and 31 seconds I lowed it to a 3/10. Its pretty obvious where they're going with this and it completely defiles the amazing story that is the manga.

Its not just skipping of the sibling arc, that was understandable given certain events that happened there.

I really didn't enjoy that battle scene (and yes I was aware that it was staged):
1. If we have the technology to replicate nova's (even in a weaker state), why aren't they being utilized on the front line or for training. The dummy novas used in the manga (and season 1) are far smaller then the ones used here.
2. How did a laboratory (Alaska) that up until last week (if we're going by the manga) didn't have any public funding be able to build better dummies then the dummies produced by Genetics? Especially since the point of them going to Alaska was to gather data that the lab didn't have access to before today. And why not test the epandora on novas rather then pandoras?
3. Satalizer put her volt weapon away in the middle of battle, knowing full well that that the nova wasn't destroyed by the actions she and rana took, which lead to:
4. Unnecessary ripped breasts in the battle, which wasn't uncommon in the manga or anime, but this was over the top, and almost the death of satalizer which could only be prevented by:
5. Deus ex machina
6. I hate it in shows where, after it becomes aware that conventional weapons don't scratch the alien/enemy, the military continues to send more men and fire more missiles at the beast. Why does wasting boatloads of taxpayer money show that they we're prepared for this fight? Why bother?
7. Alaska+Blizzard+Human with no winter gear on=death in a couple of minutes, while you could make the argument that Lana, Satalizer, Chiffon and Liz, being Pandora can survive harsh conditions, especially with what Satalizer said in the helicopter, but there is no way Kazuya should be able to do this

and not be hospitlized for frostbite (Is that rock or ice that he is climbing? Either way that would cause his hands to freeze over) and hypothermia.
8. One of the things I appreciated about the manga so much was how unforgiving every battle, real or staged, was. This may have changed between chapter 70 and where the manga is today, if it does feel free to put your response in a spoiler.
9. Filler episode. half of this wasn't in the anime and they changed a lot of the scenes out of what was including ruining some characters such as:
10. Roxanne grabbed Satalizers boos in the manga. Why are you ruining Julia's cahracter?
11. Elizabeth got bested by Holly? Umm no, in the manga in mentions that Elizabeth is one of the strongest pandora and would be the #1 in most schools, but is #2 because of Chiffon. There is nothing in the manga that would implicate Holly being better then Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my favourite character in the manga
, stop ruining her for me.
12. Its been 18 months since I've read the manga so my memory may deceive me a little but I thought it was a different pandora not Roxanne who bullied the E-Pandora.

3/10, will likely be dropping soon.
Nov 16, 2013 10:21 AM

Jul 2009
Huh, interesting ... it's been a while since I watched the first season, so I'm a little rusty on exactly the Pandoras and Novas etc XD However it was a pretty good first episode, lots of action and starting things right up with the E-Pandoras (also ... fanservice. Yep :P)! So they "staged" the Nova to test them eh ... well, looks like things are going to heat up next episode with the E-Pandoras vs. the real ones? Good to see Chiffon and Elizabeth back in the mix (I quite liked them in the first season) and some new faces too ... although possibly they're old ones and I've just forgotten about them XD
The ED was all right ... I remember really liking the OP/ED last season, and this certainly has the energy but I don't like it quite as much :P
Dec 18, 2013 1:17 PM

Jun 2008
Liph said:
Well they fucked up... Great, thanks for ruin the adaptation of a great manga -.-

They should have give us the damn sibling arc before this shit so that Stella could get some character. But no, let's make this a brainless action/ecchi instead.

After the first season i had quite low expectations but they managed to disappoint me still. Forget what they didn't animate. The problems is that they are hardly bothering with the arc they are animating.
This guys are hideous and the mangaka should have never accepted this adaptations of his work.

The problem isn't that they make changes, the problem is that every single fucking thing they change makes the damn show worse. Freezing isn't the greatest masterpiece ever and there are quite a few details from the manga that can be changed to make the show better but this guys are doing the exact opposite. They are butchering any good element there is turning into a stupid ecchi over-complex thing with a failed narrative and sequence of evens.

Btw, Roxanne voice was not what i thought it should be. I'm quite disappointed by that too.
MonadDec 19, 2013 9:14 AM
Mar 18, 2014 6:35 AM

Jan 2012
eh... not impressed.. was looking forward to this as well

this show would be shit without mamiko noto though

gonna check out this 'sibling arc' everyone's talking about as well
Apr 21, 2014 11:20 AM
May 2012
Ahhh, It has been a while already since I watched the first season. I forgot many things, but they are starting to come back, though I didn't forgot the "burger queen" ahahaha. It's nice to hear you again, my Noto Mamiko <3
It was obvious from the start that they're just going to test them, well, at least for me.
That landing shot pantsu shot made me chuckle though, and the other fanservices. Fuck yeah for uncensored boobies. It feels awesome to see the cast again, the animation quality didn't even change though, but I am not complaining, oppais are oppais :3
Some fine girls in this Anime, new ones too :3
Many of you here mentioned that they skipped the sibling arc. Man, fuck that sibling arc, I already know what it is about based on Satellizer's flashback during the first season. I will slaughter that brother!!! I guess I should read the Manga because I want to see that sibling arc ahahaha.
Well, I can't understand shit anymore cause I am sleepy already, and my chest suddenly started aching. I guess I should sleep. el psy congroo.
Jun 3, 2014 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
I dont remember what happened at the end of the first season so i'm confused. Anyway. Yay Boobies.
Jul 13, 2014 12:01 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice start and I must say the ecchi level sure is kept the same! Let's see what this season's story will offer us!
Oct 26, 2014 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
Wow the beginning of this episode was really beautiful O_O
Well it was a setup-episode, lots of information, not much action. But I'm looking forward to the other episodes.
Nov 17, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2010
Since I watched the first season, wanted to check this out as well. This show would have been better if that main male wasn't around. He is annoying to look at.

Was Sattelizer always this ditzy? She gets these kinda moments when she is near that sorry excuse for a male, but now she falls down and get embarrassed a bit too much...

That cringe-worthy Engirsh though...

Girls are still hot as hell.
Dec 15, 2014 5:32 PM

Feb 2013
Welcome to Shadow Moses. I mean an Alaska base. Wonder what the Vibration in the title is for. Let's see where this show heads into.
Dec 16, 2014 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
Are not fully satisfied with this beginning, I saw it too bland.
The plot sounds interesting, is the narrative did not give the right contribution.
The designs have improved slightly, not enough for my tastes though.
The thing that I noticed right away is that there is less fanservice.
The opening and ending I do not like those of the first season are the best.
I'm somewhat disappointed!
Feb 12, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2012
Males still don't fight lol.
his grandfather is genius and sister heroine. nice .
E- pandora girls.i have the feeling they are fucked up.

Jul 18, 2015 7:17 PM

May 2013
Roxanne, Charles, Cassie, Julia, and Chiffon make up the top five Pandoras. I wonder in what order though.
Lol, Satella doesn't want to wear the new uniform.
And there's the three E-Pandoras! I bet they're freakin' strong.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 29, 2015 8:19 PM

Apr 2014
Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash
Oct 18, 2016 12:47 AM

Jun 2013
i swear that every anime character that always have their eyes closed are either badass or secretly overpowered. that aside i hope to see more of chiffon and elizabeth since theyre on the cover this season. straight up third year babes
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2013

164 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Filiaa - Dec 20, 2013

135 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 3, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2013

41 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2013

101 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 2, 2023 7:58 PM

Poll: » Freezing Vibration Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2013

91 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 2, 2023 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.