Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2013 11:30 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A year have passed since previous season.
A new idol school and a new Aikatsu system.
I knew they will become all rival but didn't expect a friendly one.

In the end...

Ichigo is back!!

Everyone say: Welcome back .
KinetaJan 14, 2014 6:03 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 3, 2013 4:16 PM

Jul 2008
Just skimmed so far, but I was disappointed the insert song wasn't new. I was thinking new season, new songs.
Oct 4, 2013 5:52 AM
Jun 2013
GarLogan78 said:
Just skimmed so far, but I was disappointed the insert song wasn't new. I was thinking new season, new songs.

The initial episodes had repeating songs as well. There will be more after several episodes passed.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Oct 4, 2013 6:37 PM

Aug 2013
Where do you get it subbed?
"You sing do,I sing re,You sing re, I sing mi,whatever you sing I will always be higher!"
– Seira
Oct 4, 2013 7:54 PM
Nov 2008
I like the new OP, and the episode being introduced by Otome, Aoi & Ran instead. Though... Mizuki's new career move is...?? Still Ichigo's rival, I guess. @.@

EDIT: LOVE THE ED. Nice upbeat song and really cute art. ^^ <3
WisheOct 4, 2013 8:10 PM
Oct 4, 2013 8:32 PM

Jul 2008
murazrai said:
GarLogan78 said:

The initial episodes had repeating songs as well. There will be more after several episodes passed.

I meant that the insert song this episode was the Idol Katsudou song that has been around since the beginning of S1. I was hoping that since this was a new season we would get new songs right off the bat.

Especially since it has been a year since Ichigo left. It seems ridiculous that the same song would still be popular to sing on the Aikatsu stage. Idk.
Oct 4, 2013 11:17 PM
Jun 2013
GarLogan78 said:
murazrai said:
GarLogan78 said:

I meant that the insert song this episode was the Idol Katsudou song that has been around since the beginning of S1. I was hoping that since this was a new season we would get new songs right off the bat.

Especially since it has been a year since Ichigo left. It seems ridiculous that the same song would still be popular to sing on the Aikatsu stage. Idk.

At least it fits the character performing it as a debut rock performance.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Oct 5, 2013 2:44 PM

Jul 2008
Okay finally watched the episode subbed.

It seems extreme of Headmistress Orihime to resign if they lose. That is a lot of pressure to put on Aoi (even though she doesn't know Aoi knows).

Why didn't Aoi and Ran move in together? They both have single rooms...lol.

Mizuki left being an idol to work behind the scenes I guess? To me it feels like they only did it so the new season could move forward with the plot. If Mizuki didn't exit the stage as an Idol she would always be number one, and Dream Academy wouldn't have a chance to take the spotlight. It is cool how she still considers Ichigo a threat though.

I like Seira and Kii~

How long as Dream Academy existed? This episode made it seem like it has just come into prominence during the past year, but has it been running for longer? Kii is a third year in the producer program, so the school couldn't have just opened (unless she transferred in or something). It is pretty innovative to have an Idol track and a Producer track available to the students. Starlight Academy needs to step it up.

I was kind of surprised that Otome is the new Starlight Queen. I would have thought it would go to Aoi, Ran, or even Yurika before Otome. But good for her!

Mizuki and Ichigo kind of screwed over their respective Idol Units. Like Yurika said, only Powa Powa Puririn is even active at this point because TriStar and Soliel broke up.

I don't know what Kaede is even doing there anymore. She came to Japan to do Aikatsu with Mizuki, but she has stuck around for an additional year after their unit stopped working.

The new OP/ED are nice too.
Oct 5, 2013 3:34 PM

Dec 2011
I was surprised when i thought Kii and Ichigo where the same person... they are not.
But they do sound alike... though they have diferent Seiyus...

And now Mizuki is helping the new academy, and somehow the most anoying character in the show became the Starlight Queen...

Well... now that Ichigo is back, we will se some stuff right before Aoi's performance. The first sone is an oldie (and anoying oldie) but with an odd new rock-like style. What will be Aoi's song (i really hope is, at least, a diferent one).

Aaaanyway. Is been a long week waiting for the seccond season.
Oct 5, 2013 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
Yes... Headmistress Orihime performed skilled mindf*ck on poor Aoi.
At least she didn't tell her that resigning bit but it's not much better.

Now for the new ones - Seira and Kii are adorable. Bit on yuri side but who in this show isn't.

As always great ED - but each of them looked nice (sounded too but I really like those drawings).
Oct 6, 2013 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Yay finally was able to watch it after a long wait :D I will get starte on memorizing the new characters names :p
"You sing do,I sing re,You sing re, I sing mi,whatever you sing I will always be higher!"
– Seira
Oct 6, 2013 3:08 PM

May 2012
Pretty good episode, about what I was expecting, though I was actually looking forward to seeing Ichigo's trials in the US...

I'm suspicious about Kii, she reminds me of Ichigo for some reason.
Oct 7, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Okay finally watched the episode subbed.

I was kind of surprised that Otome is the new Starlight Queen. I would have thought it would go to Aoi, Ran, or even Yurika before Otome. But good for her!

Was I the only person that's actually pissed off about Otome being the new Starlight Queen? 0.o I literally thought on it all night, wondering WHY. I would have expected it to go to Kaede since she's literally already up in leagues higher than Otome AND was actually a lot better at being an idol, probably even better than Ichigo, but she's practically just THERE now, and it's not a good thing. Or even Yurika, who is also leagues better.

XD But I love the new ending too.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Oct 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2008
Is it just me, or did this episode look like crap? Lots of animation derps.

Also, I think I would have preferred if they waited a few episodes before bringing Ichigo back in, but no worries.
Oct 7, 2013 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
Is it just me, or did this episode look like crap? Lots of animation derps.

It wasn't just you. Aside from the OP/ED/insert, the animation was really shoddy. Ran looked like crap during her modeling, which I found funny.
Oct 8, 2013 7:50 PM
Sep 2011
everybody looked really weird and off-model the whole time - which made the fact the cg in the dance scenes looks better even odder......

also, seira's singing voice sounds way too deep compared to her usual voice...
Oct 8, 2013 9:53 PM

Jul 2008
renahhchen said:
everybody looked really weird and off-model the whole time - which made the fact the cg in the dance scenes looks better even odder......

also, seira's singing voice sounds way too deep compared to her usual voice...

It is the same singer as Aoi, so she probably had to do that to make the voices different.
Oct 9, 2013 12:16 PM

Sep 2009
waaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I was so disappointed in the whole episode because of those new characters.. especially Seira. She's like Mizuki.. and lol, even though they didn't show Mizuki's face in the video.. it's very obvious that it was her :P

BUT, BUT, BUT...!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! >_____________<
ICHIGO IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!! Yeppeey! :D

Wait, I don't know if it's only me who noticed this but Aoi and Ran's faces in different angle looks very weird :/ especially in the first few minutes.
Oct 13, 2013 2:13 PM

Aug 2011
Character's faces looked odd and squished! Apart from that, the episode impressed me again. I wasn't sure to pick up Aikatsu 2 but I enjoyed this ep and the new characters.
Oct 23, 2013 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
Aikatsu season 2 ,
Think the new OP is great alot better than season 1, love the new list of characters they've introduced so far & like the idea of a new rival(s) being introduced
overall i think this season will be great :)

Jan 17, 2014 6:44 AM

Aug 2007
Nice episode, And I love the new Appeal when an idol sings and dance... constellation is named.
May 1, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2009
1. Already a fan of seira. Lover her voice. Kii's voice will need some time to get used to.

2. Good to see ichigo's back.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Aug 23, 2014 8:16 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Otome new Starlight Academy Queen. A bit surprised since I expected Ran or Aoi, and considering how Orihime has confidence in Aoi, it only adds to the surprise that Aoi didn't win.

Mizuki is with Dream Academy now, and says she hopes Ichigo doesn't come back. Kind of ticked me off there, she seems like she's working as an idol teacher or somewhere around those lines. Those new idols must have received some special training for them to be getting the spotlight all of a sudden.

Seira, is ok, kind of looks like Mizuki.

Biggest surprise is, ICHIGO is back. Our beloved Strawberry is back. I'm hoping they show the Aikatsu she did in America.

Sep 12, 2015 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
Seira is a good performer, I'm glad that Ichigo came back as well but... what is Mizuki doing in that Dream Academy? D:
Feb 15, 2016 11:03 AM

Dec 2012
Digging the new OP, the new girls seem pretty fun too. Especially Seira, her performance was really cool. Ah, so much has changed though. That time skip was really unexpected, didn't imagine Otome of all people would be the Starlight Queen. I wonder what Mizuki is up to as well. It's not like she holds anything against Starlight, I wonder if she's doing it because she knew the idols would stagnate without a challenge. Also didn't think Ichigo would return after only one episode. It makes her decision to leave feel a bit anticlimactic, but since she's my favorite I welcome her back without fail. Lol @ the poncho, wonder how American she got.
Jun 7, 2016 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
The new characters seem cool. I like that Aoi was chosen and hope she's able to win! Why is Mizuki helping the rival school though?

And Ichigo came back at the end, but I figured that might happen since a year has already passed.
DishFickJun 7, 2016 4:31 PM
Aug 4, 2016 4:27 PM

Nov 2013
Oh man, Ichigo is already back which sucks.
I wanna strangle that imbecile producer.
And this poser Seira sucks too.
Sep 14, 2016 5:36 AM
Sep 2016
I have to say that I did overall enjoy the episode, but I could not get over the fact that Ichigo flat out stole Aoi's concert?! That frustrated me on an entirely new level, you just get back from America and you take away your best friends concert from them,, like seriously Ichigo????

Other than that I really love Seira!! New favourite character already, Kii is annoying though.

Also Otome as Starlight Queen.....
Mar 14, 2017 5:12 AM

Nov 2012
Took a break after finishing season 1 and finally back to watching this.

The episode felt lacking without Ichigo (my favorite character) but they sure brought her back quickly lol.

Kii reminded me of Ichigo,but thought different eye color so must not be her.

Otome being the new Starlight Academy Queen was laughable tbh,Aoi,Ran,Kanade and even Yurika all outshine her.
May 2, 2017 7:36 AM

Feb 2014
Welp, Ichigo's back. I thought she would be away at least for a few more episodes. But glad she's back. The show isn't the same without her.

The producer girl looked kind of devious at first, but turns out she's just an airhead.

And did Mizuki defect to the rival side?
Oct 2, 2020 6:10 AM

Feb 2017
I end up deleting the first season lol. Can't help myself, I want to watch this anime so badly.
Apr 23, 2021 11:37 PM

Nov 2012

our strawberry is back after a week year.

Small cameo from a future character yet to be introduced atm.
Sep 7, 2021 6:54 AM

Feb 2020
Good start to the second season. I like the new characters.

Ichigo is back. That's great.

I was surprised that Otome is the new Starlight Queen. I don't get the logic behind this, but oh well.

Seiran's performance, her Swing Rock premium coord and the song "Idol Activity! (Ver. Rock)" were awesome.

SerafosMar 2, 8:32 AM
Jan 29, 8:33 AM

May 2019
That one year time skip surprisingly very fast lol. Many things have changed with new coord system and a rival idol academy approaching. Seira is dang cool with the Idol Activity Rock ver. and her coord too. When I thought Aoi will get her chance to shine one time too bad Ichigo came back ready to engage. Ozoora Akari was spotted, looks like she is a die hard fan of Ichigo.
VivaceRexJan 29, 8:36 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 79 Discussion

billybob300c - Apr 24, 2014

18 by aloradear »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 5 Discussion

Blackbird - Nov 5, 2012

16 by daiyoukai »»
Apr 14, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 76 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Apr 3, 2014

16 by Edocchi »»
Apr 4, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 22 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Mar 12, 2013

14 by Sylicone »»
Apr 3, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu! Episode 70 Discussion

Zaraquiel99 - Feb 21, 2014

13 by aloradear »»
Feb 20, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.