Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 17, 2015 4:24 AM
I want to like Kill la Kill but I just feel like a bit of a perv watching it.

May 5, 2015 11:42 AM

Mako reminds me kind of of Chie Satonaka ( if she had ADHD ). And the first scene with Senketsu gives the term Fashion Victim a whole new meaning.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
I don't think about breasts all the time. Only 30 minutes a day. - Aoyama

May 9, 2015 3:56 PM

This episode exceeded my expectations, especially for a first episode. I've heard so much about this anime, and now I'm finally getting around to watching it. It seems very similar to Gurren Lagann.

May 28, 2015 3:03 PM
How is this not listed as ecchi? I couldn't last five minutes without...

Aug 2, 2015 8:10 PM

Finally got around to watching this (opting to go with the dub). I'm only seven minutes in currently, but I felt compelled to comment on how ridiculously awesome it's been so far. If this is any indication of what's to come, my body shall be ready for this crazy ass wild ride.

EDIT:

Wow that was an incredible first episode. The execution was ridiculously over the top while still maintaining a sense of seriousness that didn't create mood dissonance. The dub cast in this episode sounded fantastic and very natural in their roles. The OP that they chose to play at the end for this episode was rather average I thought.

Ryuko is a badass with vengeance, and I like the friendship that the show started to set up between her and the obnoxious yet hilariously adorable Mako. She has a short temper and takes no BS, but she doesn't appear to be aggressive unless provoked. The way that she was embarrassed to be seen in that suit suggests that while she is a badass that plays off and deals with situations in a cool and confident manner, on the inside she is more vulnerable than she appears.

Satsuki recognizes the name "Matoi" and has supposedly seen the scissors, so I'm curious to see how this develops. How much does she know? What is her involvement in Ryuko's quest? Very stoic and intimidating, in command with an iron fist over her subjects. Hopefully we'll also find out about her backstory.

And just what is that suit?

I'm very excited to see how this show and all of its ridiculousness will unfold.
Modified by ZeroDragon, Aug 2, 2015 9:21 PM

Oct 9, 2015 1:02 PM

Pretty insane, over the top and pretty cool. I'm enjoying the action and the comedy. Let's see how all this plays out.

Nov 20, 2015 8:44 AM
I found that pretty cool. Nice start.

Dec 27, 2015 2:31 AM

Mako was hilarious, I haven't laughed that much for a while.
I thought that this was an exciting first episode which went at a good pace.
Not too sure about Ryuuko's (battle) outfit though...
Mirai, zura~!

Jan 7, 2016 6:26 AM
epic as hell i love it :3

Feb 29, 2016 10:59 AM

Heard about it for a long time and i wasn't' really impressed by this first episode.
"All men are jealous and stupid, and all women are stupid to be happy about it, idiots are everywhere you look!"

Holo-Spice And Wolf

Mar 24, 2016 1:03 PM

what was this? when? where? how?

May 7, 2016 1:57 PM

Nice first episode!

--
Buenisimo primer episodio!

Hello, my litte boy!

Jun 26, 2016 10:26 AM

LOL Satsuki's brows were so thick, I thought she was a man at first hahhahahahaha xD whatchu mean, "dazzling as ever?" Please.

On another note, this anime sure has a different art style. Interesting.

Jul 16, 2016 9:56 AM

So just started this anime because even though it has been 3 years already, the hype is still here...

So I began watching with some worries due to what I heard from other fellow anime fan "Master piece!" "Trigger is the savior of anime!" (ain't always a good sign you know?)

But the 23 minutes passed in a flash and I didn't look even once at the time bar! (pretty rare for me...)

I can't be sure about my opinion on the season yet but it's starting well!

Jul 24, 2016 5:01 PM

Seems a fun entertaining show, I liked the use of colors and the animation and the "camera" lol movements.

Excellent Episode.

Aug 17, 2016 9:45 AM
I tried to watch this show a couple of years ago but I stopped halfway through. I think I was just too depressed/burned out to follow and process it all. I enjoyed rewatching this episode though so I'm excited to watch it again and all the way through now

Aug 26, 2016 4:23 PM

After watching the first episode I was like:
"What the fuck did I just watch?" xD
Saying this is weird fits short to the anime jaja.

Well, the good thing is that the MC admits is embarrassing to use that..."uniform"

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

Nov 16, 2016 2:36 PM

Wow! This episode was so damn stylish. I'm going to keep optimistic about this series and that it doesn't drop in quality. This episode gets a solid 4/5.

Jul 11, 2017 12:59 PM

I totally forgot how nude this was. Well I do remember it beeing nude but not this much :D
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Jul 29, 2017 3:00 AM

That was an intense first episode, let's see if this anime breaks the curse I have with studio Trigger.

Oct 25, 2017 1:47 PM

Wow, that was one of the most insane and amazing and intensely enjoyable first episodes I have ever seen!

That crazy talking outfit though LOL! that's just so weird.

The animation and characters are all so awesome and funny!

Jan 7, 2018 11:17 AM
i've got mixed feelings on this....i like the animation but i don't like it, i like the characters but i don't like them, i find it funny and enjoyable but i also find it irritating....and lots of stuff, i've wanted to drop it but then again i thought of completing again XD ,never felt like this and i guess i'll carry on.

anyway nice first episode.

Jan 15, 2018 6:59 AM

I've been holding off on watching this for such a long time. That was a great first episode

Feb 15, 2018 2:01 AM

LOL Very crazy start. I like Ryuuko and Satsuki! 4/5
Life has no meaning.

Feb 18, 2018 1:56 AM
Well that was... wow
What?

Feb 25, 2018 11:18 AM

That was... hyperactive.
And weird.

The animation looks smooth, and I particularly like the dark vibe the environment and colors give off whilst being completely crazy and it doesn't have a pause...
But yeah I do feel a bit perverted while watching this.

But it kept me hooked, nonetheless.
This is promising.

Apr 29, 2018 9:02 PM
Amazing!!

Smooth animation, impressive art, and I can feel the intensity of the movement and the voices!!

Damn!!

May 9, 2018 11:30 PM

Intense first episode, Ryuuko is freaking badass! Satsuki looks like a badass villain type as well! Looking forward to watching the whole series

Aug 13, 2018 5:53 PM

One episode was enough for me to know that I'm going to love this.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

Aug 20, 2018 10:27 PM

Great first episode! It's so enjoyable when you watch a really great show without hype or at least when the hype has died down.

I remember people couldn't stop talking about this show in class. It kinda got annoying tbh. But finally, I started since I've been listening to the whole OST for a couple of weeks now. I also wanted to try the upcoming game. So it's good to have an idea on what's this about ^^

So far, so good! I expect many great things for this show :)

Aug 24, 2018 8:59 PM

That was an intense opening. I’m on the hook and about to be reeled in. Now to decide sub or dub, I just saw dub, it’s time to check out sub.

Oct 13, 2018 1:24 AM
Pretty good introduction to the series though
I like ~

Hunter x Hunter

My Hero Academia

Your Lie in April

Nov 14, 2018 11:26 AM
Vaskr said:
Holy shit. That felt like 5 minutes. It looks pretty damn good so far. Nice job, Trigger.

True that but what the fuck happened?

Mar 4, 2019 12:05 AM

I just have to say that the lines by the student council president are awfully similar to lines by the totalitarian regime of Oceania from 1984 and I fucking love it!

Apr 16, 2019 2:55 AM

Instantly hooked. I really like the art style shifts and outlandish perspective shots.

Jun 3, 2019 9:40 AM

i don't think my christian sensibilities can handle this show.

Jun 30, 2019 7:54 AM

so like I am confused as to what this is about

Aug 10, 2019 11:17 AM
EOussama

This was one of the best, most hyper-action introduction for an Anime that I have ever seen, seriously though, saying just that would be an understatement that doesn't put enough respect on this show's name.
The animation and art style are so interesting and very unique and different from what we get on the mainstream basis, I don't feel like the story would be anything but average from the way things have been set up to be as a first impression, and I'd love to be proven wrong, but man, the animation and audio are just so good that it's forgivable.
Also, it a touch way too overly sexualized. In another side note, the character designs are cool, as cool as it gets. The main villainess looks very interesting and as sadistic as they have written her to be so far. This whole mad Max-style post-dystopian environment looks very promising, onwards to the next episode.

Sep 11, 2019 12:51 PM
the beginning looked pretty interesting, however by the end of the episode it seems that this will have quite a basic plot. sigh...lets try some more episodes...

Nov 30, 2019 11:15 AM
What that fuck was that? The animation was decent I also liked the fan serve scenes but it wasn't lived up my expectations :(
It ain't good well can't judge just by 1ep let's see what happens next.

Feb 17, 10:06 PM

Damn, the action scenes are bloody intense and the art direction impressive! Sasuga, Trigger! Now, with a pinch of fanservice too.

I knew I’d love Mankanshoku prior to even watching this episode but I freakin’ love her way too much than I thought I’d! God, I couldn’t stop lol’d when she managed to open the book, finish her lunch and fell asleep within a sentence from the teacher xD. Hilarious how she’s got bigger problems exposing her panties and whatnot than for being cooked alive, lmfao.

Satsuki seems like an interesting antagonist too and the teacher highly suspicious, on first glance. Can’t wait to see what’s about to unfold in the remaining episodes, it’s always unpredictable how far Trigger is willing to take things after all lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]