Oct 3, 2013 7:36 PM

Oh my god. I have absolutely no words.
Besides these:

Fucking amazing.
Take his BED.

Oct 3, 2013 7:37 PM

Kitsune-tan said:
Uber_Dewber said:
Puts you right into the action, looks like they were intending for a strong start. At first, I was drawn in.. but then comes the fanservice. It's not that I "hate" fanservice, it's just that it makes things slightly less serious for me. Thus, I can't take the anime as serious as I was hoping to.

Will watch the next few episodes though just to see where it's going.

They know the outfit is ridiculous, that's why they made fun of it. it's not intended to be fanservice, and most likely has a real purpose.

I don't understand why lightly dressed girls are always seen as fan service... forcing the label fan service on it just keeps sexism alive.
a better choice would be to grow the fck up

lol what? That outfit is definitely fanservice, but it has to be in order poke fun at ridiculous fanservice in the first place

Oct 3, 2013 7:40 PM

DarkCyclone said:
Kitsune-tan said:
Uber_Dewber said:
Puts you right into the action, looks like they were intending for a strong start. At first, I was drawn in.. but then comes the fanservice. It's not that I "hate" fanservice, it's just that it makes things slightly less serious for me. Thus, I can't take the anime as serious as I was hoping to.

They know the outfit is ridiculous, that's why they made fun of it. it's not intended to be fanservice, and most likely has a real purpose.

I don't understand why lightly dressed girls are always seen as fan service... forcing the label fan service on it just keeps sexism alive.

lol what? That outfit is definitely fanservice, but it has to be in order poke fun at ridiculous fanservice in the first place

If it's anything like TTGL, it doesn't want to be taken seriously. Even the fanservice is mocked and even the MC had a red face wearing that thing x]

Oct 3, 2013 7:41 PM

Well, this blew up - as expected.

And I love it - as expected.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’

Oct 3, 2013 7:46 PM
Score: 8.26 (scored by 1095 users)
Ranked: #369

Another overrated shit for children.

Oct 3, 2013 7:47 PM

ryuuko is too sexy... LOL

Oct 3, 2013 7:51 PM

Inver said:

Maybe you should learn proper grammar before you mock people's taste in anime.

Oct 3, 2013 7:52 PM

Inver said:

Sorry...
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

Oct 3, 2013 8:02 PM

Inver said:

It's the first episode so that shit doesn't matter to begin with. That score is as stupid to look at as are the episode 1 show reviews.

Oct 3, 2013 8:08 PM

Awesome, but I already want to put a bullet in Mako's head. Really hope she doesn't talk so much next episode.

Oct 3, 2013 8:09 PM

I like inferno cop's daughter. Nice to see they have a bigger budget for this sequel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 3, 2013 8:10 PM

I can't wait for another episode.

Oct 3, 2013 8:12 PM

that was awesome. more please!

Oct 3, 2013 8:14 PM

Very impressive action and animation. Hopefully Trigger can keep it up. It's very over-the-top, as expected.
Modified by Kefkiroth, Oct 3, 2013 8:18 PM

Oct 3, 2013 8:17 PM

katsu044 said:
Salxer said:
Raito said:
THE SAME VOICE ACTOR WHO DOES MUGINO SHIZURI FROM RAILGUN S DOES THE MC OF THIS SHOW.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
How did I not notice that :(
But I only see the MC about 10 times more badass now since I recognize meltdowner's voice,dammit!
was wondering why i liked her voice so much This is perfect!
She's probably my favourite VA of 2013. Loved her as Mugino as well.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Oct 3, 2013 8:18 PM

OMG YES

Oct 3, 2013 8:21 PM

Inver said:

Only 1k people have rated it so far and who takes mal ratings srsly?

Oct 3, 2013 8:23 PM

Shuhan said:
Inver said:

MAL's ratings are serious business. If they're not according to your liking, it'll be the end of all of us.

Oct 3, 2013 8:24 PM

Fun over the top action and a good soundtrack, pretty much all I could ask for in a first episode. Here's to hoping it can stay fresh though since my expectations or plot and character development is pretty low.

Oct 3, 2013 8:25 PM
Its so over the top........I FUCKING LOVE IT

Oct 3, 2013 8:27 PM

Inver said:

lol I'm sorry, I don't usually use peoples list ratings against them but your ratings make you look like the biggest moron paired with your comment.

Mitsudomoe rated:9
Lucky star rated: 9
K-on! rated: 9

Get over yourself.

Oct 3, 2013 8:31 PM

Kitsune-tan said:
Uber_Dewber said:

Well.... the staff was from Gainax and they're also known as bouncing Gainax or Gainax Bounce....

Oct 3, 2013 8:33 PM

I have honestly never seen a show like this before.

Yes, the plot line is pretty standard fare: feisty girl on a journey to get revenge for her murdered father, dystopian future when there is fascist rule by a dictator, a hierarchy system that keeps the weak down and the strong in control. This is all not too unfamiliar territory.
However, I've never seen anything truly presented in this way. This was loud, outrageous, ridiculous, and even a little risque, and I loved every minute of it. You know when the first line in an anime like this is about Nazis, we're in for a totally different ride than any thing we've been on before.

I know there was another popular show done by these people before, that many have said was similar, but I've never seen it and this was my first introduction. I wasn't sure about this show at first, but I'm totally into it now.

I give this episode an 8/10.

Oct 3, 2013 8:33 PM

Shuhan said:
Inver said:

Everyone who rates their anime.

Oct 3, 2013 8:35 PM
Irenesharda said:

I know there was another popular show done by these people before, that many have said was similar, but I've never seen it and this was my first introduction

they made Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the anime that popularize the word EPIC on anime fandoms, check it out

Oct 3, 2013 8:36 PM

j0x said:
Irenesharda said:

I know there was another popular show done by these people before, that many have said was similar, but I've never seen it and this was my first introduction

they made Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the anime that popularize the word EPIC on anime fandoms, check it out

And Inferno Cop. Don't forget Inferno Cop.

Oct 3, 2013 8:37 PM

As much as I'm hyping this show, one thing I won't do is troll rate. I'll wait until this finishes airing and then I'll give it a 10/10.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Oct 3, 2013 8:38 PM

Dem reviews yo.
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

Oct 3, 2013 8:40 PM

I watched this not knowing what to expect (I didn't even finish TTGL). That was absolutely amazing. Got the old school vibe from it too.

Raito said:
THE SAME VOICE ACTOR WHO DOES MUGINO SHIZURI FROM RAILGUN S DOES THE MC OF THIS SHOW.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ahaha so that explains it. I was like "where did I hear this awesome voice before?" then I looked it up then boom.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Oct 3, 2013 8:40 PM

GODDAMN.
GODDAMN GODDAMN GODDAMN.
Everything about this anime is.... AWESOME.
Although i could do without all of the fanservice.
But nonetheless, i love how this is set up and how fast paced it is and hhhhooooooo it's so cool!!
the setting, animation, characters, plot... so far all is great.
it reminds me of FLCL and Gurren Lagann
and it's by the people who produced Little Witch Academia!
I'm looking forward to this more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 3, 2013 8:51 PM

Araby said:
I think people complaining about "overhype" are missing the point completely. Kill la Kill, much like TTGL, is so fun to watch because it consciously kicks logic to the curb and makes every little thing absurdly grand. It hypes itself up and it acknowledges that it's doing so, practically scene by scene. All this "ANIME IS SAVED," "11/10," "#basedtrigger," and so forth, is just fans doing the exact same thing that the show is doing. Getting into the mood of a show is completely natural. In this case, the resulting statements are such that, when taken seriously, they might mislead people into believing that all Kill la Kill fans have shit taste and think that they know everything about an anime after one episode. Obviously, that's not actually the case and people are just having fun.

tl';dr, by taking the "overhyping" seriously, you're missing the point of Kill la Kill itself.

Quoted for fucking truth.

Shuhan said:
Inver said:

MAL ratings are vrey serious! You know why the government shut down? Because Madoka Magica was rated too low.

Oct 3, 2013 8:55 PM
I don't know how people can say something is overrated from one episode in, but ok.

Oct 3, 2013 8:57 PM

My mind is fucking blown. Going to recommend this to all my friends who dropped anime out of their lives.

Oct 3, 2013 9:01 PM

skudoops said:
I don't know how people can say something is overrated from one episode in, but ok.

Cuz people wanna be the hipsters that goes against the majority opinion

Oct 3, 2013 9:03 PM

Hope it stays like this the whole way.

Oct 3, 2013 9:08 PM

Felt like FLCL mixed with Gurren Lagann, awesome.

Oct 3, 2013 9:11 PM

Instant drop, not sure why I even bothered finishing the episode I knew I would be dropping this by minute 2.

skudoops said:

Because it has a 8.25 with a single episode that wasn't good by any means?

Oct 3, 2013 9:12 PM

I quite enjoyed it, a lot different from the style of shows we normally get.

I honestly got more of a Star Driver + Gurren Lagann + Panty and Stocking feel.

Will keep watching. Dat sailor outfit.

Oct 3, 2013 9:12 PM

lol didn't enjoy this that much but eh i'll see how it goes

Oct 3, 2013 9:16 PM
Vanisher said:
Instant drop, not sure why I even bothered finishing the episode I knew I would be dropping this by minute 2.

skudoops said:

What does that have to do with being overrated? You didn't like it so it's overrated? People just rated the episode.. big deal.

There's pretty much no credible conclusion you can come to other than not liking the style of the show. You can't talk about the plot, story, characters, overall animation.. nothing. So I don't see how something can be overrated from one episode.

Oct 3, 2013 9:17 PM

That was an interesting first episode. Reminded me of TTGL and FLCL. Dat uniform though.....
~ El Psy Congroo~

Oct 3, 2013 9:18 PM

Vanisher said:

skudoops said:

Edgier then a knife factory.

Oct 3, 2013 9:19 PM

Pretty weird outline and animation style since i am not used to what Trigger has been doing for the past decade.

This was definitely worth a shot. An alright episode yet I was baffled on how weird the show is especially at the start.

Oct 3, 2013 9:21 PM

that...was...so...over the top that i love it!

its crazy! and the throwback-ish animation.

Oct 3, 2013 9:22 PM

TTGL meets FLCL~

Oct 3, 2013 9:25 PM

I took one look at the character design and knew I would love it. I'm sooo glad I wasn't disappointed!

Oct 3, 2013 9:36 PM

lol what am I watching.

Oct 3, 2013 9:43 PM

Why are people complaining about the fanservice? whas it really that noticeable?

I mean... I didn't notice her outfit that much. I was too focused on the fight to even care.

Already hated TTGL and didn't like tis either. It looks well made though, so for anyone that enjoy this over the top style it's probably a must watch. But for me it was a drop after 5 mins. ^_^

~ Love knows no boundaries ~ -- Thanks to -Luzifer- for the signature.

I didn't like it -.-

Pages (17) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »