Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Nov 22, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2012
http://nonsensetls.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/little-busters-cast-comments/#more-266

I don't remember reading this at all, lol.

Some of these comments are hilarious XD

Oda(voice of Kengo): Kengo didn’t have much screentime, so my impressions didn’t change much… (laugh) He’ll work harder in Little Busters! ~Refrain~! They won’t call me Salary Thief Oda next time!!

Canna: I’m grateful for everyone’s support since the game.
I feel like I love Little Busters even more now that the anime has aired.
There are still plenty of episodes remaining, so we’re eagerly waiting for that as well. I want to create a Muscles Sensation next season too, so I’m training every day in preparation! Look forward to it!!

^We better get that LOL
Vladz0rNov 22, 2013 8:52 PM
Nov 23, 2013 1:40 AM

Jul 2013
Oh,I loved the interview!
They all seemed so happy about the anime,and all!
But now,related to the topic,I guess it was a awesome anime,and yes,I played the VN twice before,and they made a very good adaption,and since Refrain is even better,I guess it will.
Nov 23, 2013 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
I doubt it
Nov 23, 2013 9:32 AM

May 2011
not even the top 100
Nov 23, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2012
Haven't seen the show, but with an 8.26 average and only 5 episodes to go, there's not a chance in hell it will even break the top 50. The only reason it's as high as it is now is because it's a sequel and it's fans will rate it high automatically.
Nov 23, 2013 9:46 AM
Jun 2013
It was #200 two weeks ago and it's now #231 so I really doubt it will be even in the top 100.
Nov 23, 2013 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
Judging by how shallow people here is to rate, I doubt.
Top 100 probably. If they do the climax right.
New on Myanimelist.
Nov 23, 2013 9:51 AM

Oct 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
It was #200 two weeks ago and it's now #231 so I really doubt it will be even in the top 100.

I think that is because people dont really know how to rate the show yet. There are a lot of thing that they think don´t have a meaning and don´t believe everything will be explained.
New on Myanimelist.
Nov 24, 2013 11:00 PM

May 2012
Nope. It's rare for a half-core to be that high. Unless it's a Gintama.
Nov 25, 2013 7:39 PM

Aug 2013
just imagine by the climax of the series, it skyrockets to top 100. It's highly impossible but if they execute the secret of the world episode perfectly, I'd give it a slight chance that it would move up
Nov 25, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
I love the tsundereness of this series. It's been way more emotionally compelling than the first one. The first few episodes with Kurugaya as the main heroine I thought my heart would burst. Now with Rin and his fighting with Kyousuke I can't wait for episodes 9-13.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Nov 26, 2013 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
At this point in the series, I would say highly unlikely.
At the beginning, the potential was definitely there. 100% potential.
Well... Unless this season takes a 180 Degree turn and pull out some skull-shattering plot twists. Its probably going to stay a 7-8 at the most.

I would actually welcome a skull-shattering plot twist that completely blows the VN storyline out of the water.

RIKI IS ACTUALLY AN INTER-DIMENSIONAL TRAVELER WHO LOSES HIS MEMORY AND FORM EVERY TIME HE TRAVELS!
And all the characters in LB are actually Riki and his multiple personalities fighting in his unconscious to assume dominance over his mind.
The two strongest being Kengo and Masato who are constantly trying to best each other for "Riki's" mind. Then theres Kyousuke, who is Riki's ideal persona. He always chases after him, but can't get on his Level.

Yes, even the girls. Thats why Riki sounds like a girl while *kind of* looking like a boy. See, it's all in his head. There is actually only one character in this entire series.
Riki = Jun Maeda
This is why it's his greatest creation. Because it is him.
Holy flying spaghetti balls batman. I FIGURED IT OUT GUIZ!!! XOXOXO.
Nov 26, 2013 7:33 AM
Jun 2013
Ourka said:
RIKI IS ACTUALLY AN INTER-DIMENSIONAL TRAVELER WHO LOSES HIS MEMORY AND FORM EVERY TIME HE TRAVELS!
And all the characters in LB are actually Riki and his multiple personalities fighting in his unconscious to assume dominance over his mind.
The two strongest being Kengo and Masato who are constantly trying to best each other for "Riki's" mind. Then theres Kyousuke, who is Riki's ideal persona. He always chases after him, but can't get on his Level.

Yes, even the girls. Thats why Riki sounds like a girl while *kind of* looking like a boy. See, it's all in his head. There is actually only one character in this entire series.
Riki = Jun Maeda
This is why it's his greatest creation. Because it is him.
Holy flying spaghetti balls batman. I FIGURED IT OUT GUIZ!!! XOXOXO.

You got the thing. Congrats. The secret is that Riki is actually the world itself. Everything is Riki, Riki is everywhere : in the air you breathe, the food you eat, the water you drink...
Nov 26, 2013 8:32 AM

Aug 2008
my soul your riki?

You know if that was the actual plotwist I probably would adore it haha.
Nov 26, 2013 9:48 AM
Jun 2013
Well, my first theory, from before I read the VN and have only seen the first season was that Kyousuke had already finished school but doesn't want to leave his friends, so he came back in time and that's why he could foresee everything.

I thought this scene : http://www.fandompost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/26-8.jpg was from when the Little Busters! discovered the whole thing and Kengo was upset because Kyousuke, kind of, steals their lifes.

I had another theory far more interesting while playing the VN but it can spoil some stuffs so I won't post it there. If someone is interested, I can post it on the VN thread though.
Nov 26, 2013 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
@Ol-hybrius

I'm interested. Can you post it in the VN thread?
Nov 26, 2013 11:30 AM
Jun 2013
Ragna92 said:
@Ol-hybrius

I'm interested. Can you post it in the VN thread?

I did, but don't expect something amazing, huh. I had this theory months ago, I can't remember most of the things which made me think that way. ^^
Nov 26, 2013 11:57 AM

Jul 2008
Another thing that kind of makes this season's rating kind of sketchy is that less than 4000 people are watching/rating the show right now. Almost no one is even watching Refrain, so even if it DID break into the top 5 it would still just be because the small audience uprated it. Kill la Kill has over 17k, Nagi no Asukara and Outbreak Company are around 7k, Golden Time has 10k, and sequels like IS and Monogatari are also way above 3k. So the rating of this show isn't even very representative so far.
Nov 26, 2013 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
GarLogan78 said:
Another thing that kind of makes this season's rating kind of sketchy is that less than 4000 people are watching/rating the show right now. Almost no one is even watching Refrain, so even if it DID break into the top 5 it would still just be because the small audience uprated it. Kill la Kill has over 17k, Nagi no Asukara and Outbreak Company are around 7k, Golden Time has 10k, and sequels like IS and Monogatari are also way above 3k. So the rating of this show isn't even very representative so far.

i would think more people would start watching once it finishes airing or when Sentai Filmworks announces the north american release date
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 26, 2013 6:31 PM

Sep 2012
GarLogan78 said:

http://puu.sh/5uqnI.jpg
The stats say 10k, but maybe that 3500 is how many people get currently past episode 3, and are factored into the score.
Anyway, if you look at something like Angel Beats, the scores went up while after it ended and the show became more popular and mainstream. Shinsekai Yori and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and Psycho-Pass also soared high up once they ended, and continued to rise a for a while after.

Some shows may have flaws that don't appeal to the mainstream, and some shows may become lower rated once they become more mainstream, like Sword Art Online. There's also the fact that show scores usually rise once a show ends, unless the last episodes destroy the show.

Anyway, give some time after the show ends for it to gain popularity for more feasible data.
Nov 27, 2013 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
I think it would be lucky to get 150 place in MAL

Nov 28, 2013 6:23 PM
Aug 2012
If this gets into the top 200 I'll cut my throat.
Nov 29, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2011
Just don't ask the impossible. If it is 2 cour series definitely it will have a chance.
Nov 29, 2013 5:46 PM

Nov 2010
KurizenT said:
Just don't ask the impossible. If it is 2 cour series definitely it will have a chance.
It's a one cour.
Nov 29, 2013 5:47 PM

Sep 2011
I could be mistaken but has the score been dropping for the series, i could have sworn last i checked it was in the 8.30's. Did the series end up doing something wrong?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
JizzyHitler said:
I could be mistaken but has the score been dropping for the series, i could have sworn last i checked it was in the 8.30's. Did the series end up doing something wrong?

They rushed the crap out of some of the best parts of the entire story, but besides that, it's considered to be a good adaptation by the diehard JC Staff fans.
It was at 8.33 around episode 3, by the way. I expect it to drop a few more points until episodes 11-13.
Nov 29, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:
JizzyHitler said:

They rushed the crap out of some of the best parts of the entire story, but besides that, it's considered to be a good adaptation by the diehard JC Staff fans.
It was at 8.33 around episode 3, by the way. I expect it to drop a few more points until episodes 11-13.
hmm, thats a shame, the score will probably be evened out by the time the scores count but its disappointing to hear that.

I'm conflicted if i should watch this or just play the Vn or not, i hear this isnt the best adaption but iv also ehard Little busters really isnt that remarkable until the refrain part which is like 50 some hours deep in the story.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2013 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
The heroine routes range from okay to good, and those are available at around 10-15 hours in, past the common route.
The common route is pretty fun and hilarious.
Some people find them to be better than Clannad's side routes (myself included) but it depends who you ask, and how engaged you get in the routes, and whether you enjoy the romantic aspects or not.
Around 30-40 hours in and you'll get to the main arcs, Rin and Refrain.
They tie the story together and connect all the routes, and it's pretty cool. Also, LB has the best Key bro, so fans of other Key protagonists should enjoy Kyousuke in it.

But yeah, the adaptation isn't great. Little Busters s1 may not have not been as amazing as Clannad s1 to some people, but the comedy and routes would've been comparable to Clannad, and Rin and Refrain would be comparable to After Story if it was done right.
Nov 29, 2013 9:11 PM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:
The heroine routes range from okay to good, and those are available at around 10-15 hours in, past the common route.
Some people find them to be better than Clannad's side routes (myself included) but it depends who you ask, and how engaged you get in the routes, and whether you enjoy the romantic aspects or not.
They tie the story together and connect all the routes, and it's pretty cool. Also, LB has the best Key bro, so fans of other Key protagonists should enjoy Kyousuke in it.

But yeah, the adaptation isn't great. Little Busters s1 may not have not been as amazing as Clannad s1 to some people, but the comedy and routes would've been comparable to Clannad, and Rin and Refrain would be comparable to After Story if it was done right.

I teand to take the better than after story thing with a grain of salt, not cause i think AS is unbeatable but its just that term gets thrown around so much it kind of loses its punch you know, but its also cause im not one for making comparisons to whats better or whats worse when trying to illustrate a certain stories quality thought admittedly i make them too here and there

I'll probably go for the VN, but im not sure when just cause of the length, i have a backlog of games at the moment, but ill know to avoid the anime until playing the vn

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 30, 2013 3:41 PM

Aug 2010
JizzyHitler said:
Vladz0r said:

I teand to take the better than after story thing with a grain of salt, not cause i think AS is unbeatable but its just that term gets thrown around so much it kind of loses its punch you know, but its also cause im not one for making comparisons to whats better or whats worse when trying to illustrate a certain stories quality thought admittedly i make them too here and there

I'll probably go for the VN, but im not sure when just cause of the length, i have a backlog of games at the moment, but ill know to avoid the anime until playing the vn

If you can play the VN then that is the definitely the best choice. You can probably find a saved file that has Rin 2/Refrain unlocked so you can avoid all the side routes.
Nov 30, 2013 3:44 PM

Sep 2012
Ragna92 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Vladz0r said:

If you can play the VN then that is the definitely the best choice. You can probably find a saved file that has Rin 2/Refrain unlocked so you can avoid all the side routes.

Skimming through the side routes is alright but playing the common routes is also a must.
Nov 30, 2013 3:47 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
egnaro315 said:
Ragna92 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Vladz0r said:

Skimming through the side routes is alright but playing the common routes is also a must.
If you're gonna play the VN, do it properly, don't just skip straight to Rin2/Refrain because "you've seen the anime"
Nov 30, 2013 3:49 PM

Jun 2013
I hope so,but I doubt it :(
Nov 30, 2013 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
HaXXspetten said:
egnaro315 said:
Ragna92 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Vladz0r said:

If you're gonna play the VN, do it properly, don't just skip straight to Rin2/Refrain because "you've seen the anime"
I'll probably do that,

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 30, 2013 4:12 PM

Sep 2012
Sorayin said:

Well, I'm hyped.
Please link us the stream in advance.
Nov 30, 2013 7:20 PM
Aug 2012
Vladz0r said:
Sorayin said:

Well, I'm hyped.
Please link us the stream in advance.

Just wait, once this stupid shit ends and more people start to watch it the score will drop into the mid 7's.

If not, I'll forward you a link k bby.
Dec 14, 2013 3:41 AM

Mar 2011
Well, if we talk about quality and story of the visual novels "Clannad" and "Little Busters!". Little busters is faaar superior than Clannad.
What you've received in Clannad: After story is : emotional sadness of something you could expect
What you're going to receive in Little Busters : Refrain

This is why I believe that if JC Staff won't goof the 11th episode up... I can guarantee Little Busters: Refrain making it to the top 250 (and probably up to #3).
But if things go wrong today... we'll probably wait for a little busters (2006) adaption (if you understand what do I mean....)
Dec 14, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
I think it will go between top 100-200 no where top 5 after episode 11 it risen from 246 to 235 so it will risen a little not alot when this series is done
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Dec 14, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
Did the mean score of the scores, hypothetically if the scores dont change much, then it will likley average out to a 8.27 at the least, possibly much higher, but at the current ratings theres pretty much no chance of it scratching even the top 50

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 14, 2013 2:10 PM
Apr 2013
Well, don't forget we have about 7000 viewers watching who haven't put down a vote and about 5000 who still plan to watch presumably after LB finishes airing. The biggest problem will come with the ending. There are gonna be a lot of people who don't like it I can assure you.
Dec 14, 2013 2:12 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
MCAL said:
Well, don't forget we have about 7000 viewers watching who haven't put down a vote and about 5000 who still plan to watch presumably after LB finishes airing. The biggest problem will come with the ending. There are gonna be a lot of people who don't like it I can assure you.
well the same can be said for After Story and it's still sky high in ratings
Dec 15, 2013 8:11 AM

Oct 2013
From 8.24 to 8.28 after episode 11. I hope it keeps on rising. I still have hopes that it would at least be in the top 100.
Dec 16, 2013 2:38 AM

Sep 2012
Aww yeah, finally cracked top 200. There's still hope.
Dec 16, 2013 2:39 AM
Jun 2013
I don't think it will be in the top 100, maybe top 150.
Dec 16, 2013 3:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
wait until it's finished for the 20% rule to take effect, and for people to actually give it a rating (most people don't before it's over)
it's the kind of show you can't properly judge before it's over after all
Dec 16, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
bobawesome said:

Awesome! Now begins the hype for Sorayin's suicide livestream! Dis gon' be gud!
Dec 16, 2013 10:38 AM
Jun 2013
Seano299 said:
bobawesome said:

Awesome! Now begins the hype for Sorayin's suicide livestream! Dis gon' be gud!

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that !
Dec 16, 2013 10:13 PM
Dec 2012
HaXXspetten said:
MCAL said:
well the same can be said for After Story and it's still sky high in ratings

Difference is After Story's execution,tone,animation(I dont want to start a kyoani vs JC fight again) and music were far far superior.Also 2 course shows tend to have higher ratings than 1 course shows.
Also a high percent of LB fans(including myself) have played the VN first which is why they rate the show so highly.When i first watched AS i had never played a Key novel before but it still blew my mind.I doubt i would have had that kind of reaction or love for LB if i hadnt played the game.As an Anime Clannad is far superior to LB.
As a VN i slightly prefer LB over Clannad,though clannad was always the funnier one for me.
Dec 16, 2013 10:43 PM

Sep 2012
raptor360 said:

Also a high percent of LB fans(including myself) have played the VN first which is why they rate the show so highly.

Except I know a ton of people who rate it lower because of how it fell short of expectations. I don't think the "VN players rating it higher" thing creates as much of a bias as the show being a 2nd season does.

I mean, I know a lot of people who are more disappointed with this season than the last, but then there are a bunch of people who just ate whatever nostalgia JC Staff threw back in their faces and just went "xD! muh feels Kyousuke!!!! 10/10!" to it.
Dec 17, 2013 5:32 PM
Aug 2012
I don't believe it... I... Seriously?
This show is so fucking bad and yet it's made it into the top 200?
I knew most anime fans were quasi paedophiles who love anything cutsie no matter how shitty it is. But this?
You should legitimately feel bad for liking this.
Seriously... I'm so depressed now.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.