Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2013 10:29 PM

Feb 2013
The art looks really nice and the story seems interesting. Nice first episode.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Oct 3, 2013 10:40 PM
Jan 2012
hikari already pisses me off. His haircut already makes him look like a lesbian and then to see him treat manaka like his personal property.....
Oct 3, 2013 10:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ray and Yanagi Nagi for OP and ED? Awesome, though I expected Ray since they used her song for the first PV. As I thought, this looks better in anime format than manga format since the backgrounds are so beautiful to look at, as expected of PA Works. I'm not a huge fan of Manaka either, one of your average cute, klutzy, crybaby female mc, but she's still tolerable. I would prefer someone like Chisaki to be the female mc (heh also because I'm more of a fan of Kayano Ai than HanaKana though they're both great). Seriously I love the casting, especially Ishikawa Kaito and Ohsaka Ryota who're both getting many roles in the recent seasons. Also Hanae Natsuki, I enjoyed his performance as Wien from Tari Tari. Tsumugu is so funny though, I love how indifferent his expression is at everything, and how he wanted to feed the fish on Manaka's knee XD

Anyways, fun episode, looks like it will be one of the more enjoyable ones for me this season! And wow, a 2 cour anime from PA Works? I've only watched 1 cour anime from them so yay :)
Oct 3, 2013 10:48 PM
Jan 2012
btw, if this is a 2 cour show, I have a feeling some serious shit is going to go down and this cute, mellowed out slice of life is going to do a 180 real quick. Just finished watching it, this has promise to be the best anime of the season.

Reminds me A LOT of how shinsekai yori got started. Despite the really cute and pleasant character interactions, I'm already seeing a lot of potential for a source of conflict between the sea-humans and the land humans. Especially since manaka almost lost her raiment, a scenario might present itself later when a sea-human might be forced to live on land.

ftghbOct 3, 2013 11:20 PM
Oct 3, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2012
Loved this episode, the artwork is simply beautiful.

I have a high expectation for this anime, it's one of the most interesting one(in my opinion) from this season so far.
Oct 3, 2013 10:57 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ftghb said:
btw, if this is a 2 cour show, I have a feeling some serious shit is going to go down and this cute, mellowed out slice of life is going to do a 180 real quick.

Reminds me A LOT of how shinsekai yori got started. Interesting premise depicting happy life, before an all out war and some serious f*cked up shit

Well it's PA Works, and though I've only watched around four other anime by them, I would say probably not. This feels more like Tari Tari, which is by the same studio. It might go into serious subjects (probably discrimination a little?) but it won't be dark like SSY. Especially also because it's tagged under romance and drama.
Oct 3, 2013 11:01 PM

May 2013
This was a good episode. That fish on her knee was way too funny lol. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Oct 3, 2013 11:09 PM

Mar 2010
It is indeed an attractive series, nice OP and ED, of the MCs Manaka is annoying as hell, although she seemed cute in the net :P and Hikari is way too possessive, perfect way to deliver the girl he likes in a silver platter to the flirty boy. I love Tsundere girls but tsundere guys aghh not so much.

The concept of people from water and people from de surface disliking each other is interesting, although this first ep it does give that AnoHana vibe, I hope there is something more complex, 'cause even if I really like romance it would be a waste for it to end on just a love poligon.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 3, 2013 11:18 PM

Mar 2013
>I can feel an "Ano Natsu de Matteru" vibe here.
>Love triangle? love square? much more like a love pentagon
>Ray & Nagi Yanagi singing the OP & ED respectively (just like Ano Natsu)
>26 episodes
hooray~!
Oct 3, 2013 11:21 PM

Apr 2010
Hikari's a little whiny bitch lol. The show would probably be better without him in the picture at all. He's irresponsible and yells too much.
The OP was good, I'll see about getting myself the full version when it's out.

As for the atmosphere of the show.... eh.
The anime that PA-Works has been making with these character designs have been getting progressively worse since Hanasaku Iroha. Tari Tari was on the edge. And Red Data Girl was just plain bad. I hope they turn things around with this show. It has potential, but I'm not holding my breath. I feel like they tend to make things overly-awkward.

And references to the heroines being in heat? I sense the doujinshi for this show will be a plenty.

Fish-knee...? What the fuck?

I'm not very impressed, either. I'll try it for now. But I can already sense that it's gonna be one of those shows I'll feel hesitant to watch when there's a new episode out. I struggled to finish this episode by the half-way point.

Oct 3, 2013 11:21 PM
Oct 2010
NTR right from the start? I kinda feel bad for Hikari, but then again, he kinda deserves it.

brajt said:
Of course he's gay. What other reason would be there for him to not be in love with own sister? ;)
Maybe he is not in love with his own sister because she has a different family name... it kills the mood, you know? >_>

babymilo91 said:
This was a good episode. That fish on her knee was way too funny lol. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
I have this weird feeling that it could start singing at any moment. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 3, 2013 11:25 PM
Jan 2012
tingy said:
ftghb said:
btw, if this is a 2 cour show, I have a feeling some serious shit is going to go down and this cute, mellowed out slice of life is going to do a 180 real quick.

Reminds me A LOT of how shinsekai yori got started. Interesting premise depicting happy life, before an all out war and some serious f*cked up shit

Well it's PA Works, and though I've only watched around four other anime by them, I would say probably not. This feels more like Tari Tari, which is by the same studio. It might go into serious subjects (probably discrimination a little?) but it won't be dark like SSY. Especially also because it's tagged under romance and drama.

Yea, I posted that after only halfway through watching the episode. Couple things I found intriguing after watching the entire thing. The raiment has a time-limit: after that raiment dries up, are the sea humans basically land humans?

The presence of "Lord Uroko" is to enforce the sea-humans from leaving the sea again? kind of an ominous figure.....

they kind of stressed the importance/non-importance of the 'Boatdrift Ceremony".......hikari gave a couple side-eye glances everytime this was mentioned, maybe there's more to it than it seems?
Oct 3, 2013 11:27 PM

Jan 2011
Yay was looking forward to this last two PA works didn't really do it for me personally (was mainly due to my lack of knowledge of those series subjects)

But this being an 2 cour show,hints of love triangles everywhere, some Discrimination between the land and sea people i can only hope this turns out good,Fall season has already been shaping up to be pretty great so far.
Oct 3, 2013 11:28 PM

Mar 2009
Super cute anime. I love it! I can sense a lot of character growth in the next 20 episodes. I wonder who she ends up with, if anyone?
sentiariiOct 3, 2013 11:43 PM
Oct 3, 2013 11:29 PM

Jul 2010
I wasn't originally planning to watch this but I ended up enjoying the first episode a lot and the art is beautiful. I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Oct 3, 2013 11:33 PM
Jan 2013
My favourite anime of the fall 2013 season so far!. OP & ED are nice as far as OP/ED's go, and the OST is really pretty.

Oct 3, 2013 11:46 PM

Apr 2013
NTR ahahahah, well played.

Looks good so far
Oct 3, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2008
Typical drama but with an interesting setting. The art is nice.

I'll keep watching. This might turn out really good.
Oct 4, 2013 12:05 AM

May 2012
Kaname <3 Chisaki <3 Hikari <3 Manaka <3 Tsumugu <3 Fishknee...
hate that MC kinda annoying, really like the art and music but i dont know about the character and story so far..

Oct 4, 2013 12:07 AM

Mar 2013
Great first episode, and the art is simply beautiful. Loved that fish knee.
Oct 4, 2013 12:23 AM

Nov 2012
I was little surprised how this will have 26 eps, but I think it can get pretty interesting. ED song is beautiful.. like that fishknee
Oct 4, 2013 12:30 AM
Sep 2013
The art is pretty, but I'm already annoyed at the two main leads, can't remember their names right now but the fish knee that cries a lot and the one with the lesbian haircut thats always yelling. I'll pass on this anime.
Oct 4, 2013 12:34 AM

Nov 2010
Oh, this like a dream ... i'm in love with this anime. <3
Oct 4, 2013 12:40 AM
Jan 2011
hgeronimo said:
Oh, this like a dream ... i'm in love with this anime. <3

You're not the only one. I fall in love with it even before the first episode.

TQ
Oct 4, 2013 12:44 AM

May 2012
Not sure if I will keep watching it but the first episode was entertaining. Will give it another 3-4 episodes before I decide.
Oct 4, 2013 12:47 AM

Aug 2010
That was much better than I expected.

Loving the fantasy setting. Characters, not so much...yet.

But damn we've got some complex relationships in our hands here...love triangles...or even squares every where O_o

I can smell the drama coming miles away. And I think I'm gonna like it esp since its 2 cour so there'll be enough time to develop the characters^^
Barion-ZaraOct 4, 2013 1:35 AM
Oct 4, 2013 12:48 AM

May 2010
Kurini said:
Oh, I thought it was just a love triangle, but it's a love polygon now, I have to stay strong!

Interesting setting! :D And the ED is very pleasant to my ears!

i cant even do it, every second i watch the show i get this annoying feeling in my gut (literally, its like i havent eaten or someone punched me in the stomach, its awful)
Oct 4, 2013 1:08 AM
Nov 2012
I have a terrible feeling about this anime

It's going to a horrible mess of unrequited loves and no matter how it ends, 90% of the cast is going to be heartbroken

Shows like that aren't fun nor are they usually good
Oct 4, 2013 1:30 AM

Apr 2012
Meh. Ok so far. Hikari seems a bit of a bully while Manaka seems a bit wet (no pun intended).
Oct 4, 2013 1:32 AM
Jan 2013
btym said:

It's going to a horrible mess of unrequited loves and no matter how it ends, 90% of the cast is going to be heartbroken

seemed alright but im getting the same vibe as you going to lots of drama in this one
Oct 4, 2013 1:45 AM
Aug 2011
Solkiskey said:
A good P.A Works anime? Tell me it isn't so!

It isn't so because Uchouten Kazoku was good.
Oct 4, 2013 1:46 AM

Oct 2010
Reminds me of AnoNatsu with the whole love pentagon thing, though I hope it deals with it in a more effective way. The characters are all kind of childish with defining stereotypes, but I'll cope. Actually, I was pleasantly suprised. Hope to see some serious development considering it's a two cour (first two-cour show by P.A. since Hanasaku Iroha in 2011). The ending song was great.
Oct 4, 2013 2:01 AM

Feb 2008
Well, it wasn't bad I suppose. The concept is really interesting. But the characters, not really. So many mentally challenged heroines. The fishknee was hilarious.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 4, 2013 2:15 AM

Jan 2012
That fishknee was impressive lol. Loved the animation. This show looks quite promising.

Oct 4, 2013 2:17 AM

Jul 2013
I can guess where this is going already.. most likely about how Manaka can never be with that pretty boy because sea people apparently can't stay in the surface for too long (and the discrimination and stuffs) and that Uroko God is probably going to be like Ursula granting the little mermaid (Manaka) her wish to be with pretty boy..

Hikari is way too rough and annoying, his treatment towards Manaka is too abusive and he expects her to love him? unless Manaka is masochistic like Saito from ZnT that's not gonna happen.

Other than that, it seems to be shaping up as lovely series. The artwork and music are top notch as expected of P.A. Works. Any series with Kana Hanazawa and Ai Kayano can never go wrong. It really reminds of Hanasaku Iroha.
MoeGodOct 4, 2013 2:21 AM
Oct 4, 2013 2:40 AM

Jun 2013
Hikari comes off as a jerk, hopefully we get a backstory on why. Looks beautiful and the setting is interesting but the plot seems rather like your typical love-triangle drama. I'll watch it up to at least halfway.
JivingLotusOct 4, 2013 5:44 AM
Oct 4, 2013 2:41 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, there is a lot of sexual frustration isn't there? Great episode.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 4, 2013 3:04 AM

Oct 2010
I loved this episode, the comedy was amazing with the fishknee... I laughed so hard I had to pause it when it let out that farting noise at first xD, I'm definitely watching more~
✨ 23 🇬🇧 UK 💅🏻 Gay 🏫 University Student 🔞 NSFW 💪🏻 Bara artist 🐻 Bear lover 💁🏼 Lots of gay shit
Oct 4, 2013 3:13 AM

Sep 2012
btym said:

Yeah, this is a risky show. I don't know if it's going to depress me or cheer me.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 4, 2013 3:41 AM

Mar 2011
I feel bad for hikari
He might have a reason why he hates the people outside the sea

And the reason why he acts like a bitch... it's bec. he is jealous!! He is worried that one of the surface people might take manaka from him(but ofc he forgot that manaka is not his property)

But mehhh my vote still goes to hikari x manaka

Oct 4, 2013 3:45 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, don't know why but has some amazing Anohana feels, like I can keep watching Anohana from where it lstopped. Anyway, good episode already liking this ep, not sure how his father drinks sake underwater but anyway, think this might be the best first ep so far this season. Looking forward to next week.

Oct 4, 2013 3:48 AM

Nov 2009
Damn u Okada and your love polygon, although I like her works but this is just too much from the get go ;_;
well, nevertheless ima keep watching.
Oct 4, 2013 4:14 AM
Jun 2013
I loved the art...but seriously, that fishknee grossed me out a bit.
Oct 4, 2013 4:25 AM

Dec 2011
Feels like Shinsekai yori in the sense of 3 boys, 2 girls and the romance pentagon.

Aaaand I have my shippings already.

Tsumugu and Manaka, Chisaki and Kaname. Lol sorry Hikari.....
Oct 4, 2013 5:14 AM

Nov 2009
Cool concept. Kinda reminds me of ShinSekai Yori. That Hikari guy is a bit annoying, though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2013 5:48 AM

Jul 2013
nooooooooooo dont know what to feel about polygons

Kaname -> Chisaki -> Hikari -> Manaka -> Tsumugu
ChhoOct 4, 2013 6:04 AM
Oct 4, 2013 5:56 AM

Sep 2008
No, no, no, no...
Why this must have such love!?
Nice idea, amazing animation, pretty cool characters,
but why LOVE is just such... -.-

I know I will be crying at the end...
I don't know I should watch it...
Oct 4, 2013 6:04 AM

Jul 2012
So it wasn't only me who felt this series resembling ShinSekai Yori.

Taken a liking to P.A. works, and this one with no doubt feels interesting like some of the other works I've seen before.

I hope it'll turn out to be a good show.
Oct 4, 2013 6:22 AM

Feb 2012
Finally, The show which i've been waiting for about 3 months. Good Start. It was somehow interesting though it didn't live up to my expectations.

Apart From That, I ACTUALLY LOVE THE FACT THAT THERE'S A SHOW WITH THE THEME OF A LOVE TRIANGLE/POLYGON in it. I'm so happy right now that i was finally given the chance to watch a show like Ano Natsu.

I Hope it gets better and FOR THOSE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT anything in general, just fuck off. No one's forcing you to so if you don't like this show, then don't even start watching it.
Oct 4, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
Must say that this anime defiantly kept my interest the whole way through
Dunno how I feel about Tsumugu, his coming on a bit to strong for my liking.
I do like Hiradaira the most so far, will be interesting to see how the rest of this goes. Looking forward to it :D
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

412 by Redcher »»
Sep 26, 2023 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.