Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2009 1:22 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pics in spoiler tags in case you are browsing the forum from your workplace at the World Feminist Movement Headquarters.

Before I saw the girl tied to the nose I seriously thought he was talking about the airplane. There might be something wrong with me.
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Aug 4, 2009 10:14 PM
Jun 2009
There's probably something wrong with anyone who watches Violence Jack and actually enjoys it, eh.
Mar 13, 2011 9:39 AM

Aug 2009
Thats me! .... And Lazer Fantastic!
Aug 4, 2011 2:56 PM

Apr 2009
Yup something's definitely wrong with me I admit it, my shrink says I'm fine though. :D Joking aside, what the hell... this isn't finished yet, where's the final showdown with the Slum King? Ah hell whatever...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 21, 2012 6:19 AM

Feb 2012
This one was the worst of the lot. They just seemed to say screw it and just chucked the story out the window. As stated above, there was supposed to be a showdown between Violence jack and the Slum King. That didn't materialize. And speaking of the Slum King, where the hell was he???? For an episode titled after said character we saw very little of him other than in the beginning. And WTF was up with that ambiguous ending???? What did Jack become a Phoenix or something???? Terrible....
Every minute you are thinking of evil, you might have been thinking of good instead. Refuse to pander to a morbid interest in your own misdeeds. Pick yourself up, be sorry, shake yourself, and go on again.
Evelyn Underhill

Aug 25, 2014 12:29 AM
Jul 2013
i fucking love violence jack. best anime ever
Jan 24, 2015 9:00 AM

Nov 2014
Just reviewd Violence Jack 3. The hanger at the ending was kind of stupid, but overall the best of the lot. Too bad the Jack/Slumking battle isn't ever going to be animated
How to fix the review section, detailed here

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Aug 23, 2016 12:04 AM

Jun 2008
"Nothing's impossible for Violence Jack!"

Except staving off a firing squad with his bare chest.....

Other highlights include: Jack launching 3 bikers with one arm, catching and throwing another helicopter, and a horrific chainsaw execution for good measure.

I'm surprised that they had the audacity to tease more of this crap, lol.
Feb 9, 2017 1:11 PM

Feb 2013
Poor girl, she had so watch her boyfriend be cut apart in front of her, but she had a bit of revenge later on.
I wonder how did Jack throw that knife if he was under the ground.
Jul 11, 2017 8:45 AM
Oct 2010
Yet another episode of post apocalyptic murder and rape except Violence Jack does Jack shit most of the time.
Oct 21, 2018 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
Hate me all you want, but I thought this was awesome. They really saved the best for last.
Was dripping with testosterone, had some genuinely intense action scenes, and a happy ending; Jack and little boy Saburo became true bros. Lol
removed-userOct 21, 2018 1:51 AM
Nov 10, 2018 11:03 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This OVA was more light but watch the "Rambo woman" was a pleasure!
Well, if it´s the last one, this mean, that I will know how the story end and if Violence Jack will defeat at his great enemy of the Kanto Area!!!! kekeke

My voto is a 6/10.

Netflix, what are you waiting? kekeke
Nov 11, 2018 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
That was badass of Jack to catch those missiles, destroy Gokumon and Dante while burning at the same time. Too bad Jun didn't take her revenge, but I guess Jack has to shoulder things like that.

Overall it was a typical Violence Jack movie, with rape and vicious violence and then Jack has to clean up the gang that does those.

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 12, 2018 3:48 PM

Dec 2010
This felt more like a rape and revenge than Mad Max but still was pretty decent. For a series known for its brutality it was not that gory. Seems like the second part was the most gruesome by a far marigin. The guy who got dismembered with chainsaw probably wont agree with me thou.

I liked the ending. Our boy MC was a pretty well written character. Another gang destroyed! Long live Violence Jack. I hope one day you will have a chance to stomp Slum King.

#TeamViolenceJack

badlander_vtg said:
Yet another episode of post apocalyptic murder and rape except Violence Jack does Jack shit most of the time.

The best description of this episode I have ever seen!
Dec 1, 2019 9:39 AM
Aug 2019
tearofmankind said:
This felt more like a rape and revenge than Mad Max but still was pretty decent. For a series known for its brutality it was not that gory. Seems like the second part was the most gruesome by a far marigin. The guy who got dismembered with chainsaw probably wont agree with me thou.

I liked the ending. Our boy MC was a pretty well written character. Another gang destroyed! Long live Violence Jack. I hope one day you will have a chance to stomp Slum King.

#TeamViolenceJack

badlander_vtg said:

The best description of this episode I have ever seen!

No, it's not the best episode, it's a way, way, worst OAV episode, ever!
Oct 7, 2020 10:25 AM

Oct 2010
pretty good episode, the violence was ok, the fights were not on par with episode 2 but I enjoyed it. The helicopter scene was badass. Not enough rape for a Violence Jack movie but at least there were innocent killings and gore, torture too.

7/10
I can't understand why people don't dig this, action anime after late 1990s are lame.
Jan 24, 2022 2:19 AM
Jul 2021
"Just watched Mad Max again, and this OVA definitely pays a lot of homage to it, which is a good thing. The biker gang, killing for fun, and a character out for revenge of his lost ones makes for a decent copyjob."

this website is so incredibly dumb I legitimately hate all of you
Jul 22, 2022 3:27 PM

Oct 2020
Jack has always been a badass but these ova adaptations just don't do him justice.

Evil Town is the only VJ OVA worth watching Hell's Wind has some terrible acting and bad sound directing i also don't get why the studios want to up the violence and gore so much none of it really happened in the manga.
Sep 27, 2022 12:37 AM

Sep 2018
Didn't feel this one, felt quite unprofessionally made compared to Evil Town (the only Violence Jack OVA I enjoyed). And the fricking blinding light from the guns jfc, should have put a warning at the start lol. Anyway, everything felt half-hearted compared to it's prequel, 4/10.

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.