Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2013 7:01 AM

Jul 2011
I've been watching several reverse harem/shoujo anime lately, and it makes me wondeeeeerrr, are all those anime really describe girl's fantasy? If it's true then.. wow, Girls really sure loves a douchebag who treat them like shit. haha

Let's all just stop all those gender equality stuff because girls really just like to be seen as an object, hahaha

I hope.... someday.... maybe in another world.... a shoujo anime with intriguing plot and relatable yet engaging character will appear, So i can change my perspective on girls

ps: i love fruit basket
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
It's the same exact shit as any harem, whether it be a male or female MC.
Oct 2, 2013 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
millo said:
I hope.... someday.... maybe in another world.... a shoujo anime with intriguing plot and relatable yet engaging character will appear, So i can change my perspective on girls

There is plenty of that. Off the top of my head:
Skip Beat
Nana

Not all of them are the same. Women liking bad guys is a real life gender stereotype, so it's not a surprise for it to make it into movies, tv series, anime/manga, etc.
Oct 2, 2013 7:25 AM

Dec 2011
If this is a troll thread

If your actually asking
text27 said:
yes if you read the whole thing...robots will only kill the people you put in-front of them so yeah.

RandomChampion said:
u were that homie in the thong werent u
Oct 2, 2013 7:30 AM

Jul 2011
Red_Keys said:

In harem anime, all the girls throwing themself at the guy, and trying their best to please the guy, that i can understand, the absolute male fantasy.

But in reverse harem, all the guys treat the girl like shit. That's what change my perspective on girl, maybe right now, when i saw a girl, even the most respectable one, i would think, "Hey, you secretly just want me to spit on you, right?"

tsudecimo said:
millo said:

Skip Beat
Nana

Not all of them are the same. Women liking bad guys is a real life gender stereotype, so it's not a surprise for it to make it into movies, tv series, anime/manga, etc.

NANA is soo awesome, i love it.

I'm sorry, i mean not shoujo, but reverse harem or an anime with one girl with lots of guys, can't think of anything good other than Fruit Basket.
Oct 2, 2013 7:32 AM
Aug 2011
Yeah. You got a problem with that mate?
Oct 2, 2013 7:40 AM

Sep 2012
millo said:
Red_Keys said:

In harem anime, all the girls throwing themself at the guy, and trying their best to please the guy, that i can understand, the absolute male fantasy.

But in reverse harem, all the guys treat the girl like shit. That's what change my perspective on girl, maybe right now, when i saw a girl, even the most respectable one, i would think, "Hey, you secretly just want me to spit on you, right?"
I'll just leave this here: http://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/ben_to-01-shiraume_ume-satou-slap.jpg
Oct 2, 2013 7:47 AM

Dec 2012
Red_Keys said:
http://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/ben_to-01-shiraume_ume-satou-slap.jpg

1/ Ben-to is not a harem anime
2/ The girl in the pic doesn't like the MC unlike most of the male characters in reverse harem
3/ Name 10 harems that and I quote '' It's the same exact shit as any harem, whether it be male or female MC.''

millo said:

I'm sorry, i mean not shoujo, but reverse harem or an anime with one girl with lots of guys, can't think of anything good other than Fruit Basket.

Oh then I don't really know a lot of good reverse harems, maybe Oura host club?
Oct 2, 2013 8:18 AM
Oct 2013
"Absolutely not!" would be my answer.
Women who value themselves do not want this kind of guy in real life.
And men who value themselves and women will never treat anyone like that.

From what I understand the case to be in real life, girls who have abusive boyfriends/husbands really believe they can "tame the bad boy" they really believe their man will change for them eventually if they just stick thru the bad times. The abuser will try to isolate them and gain complete control over them. Meanwhile the women will not even see the truth of what's happening to them and will defend their abusers. The abusers will continue the patter of abuse and empty promises until things escalate beyond verbal and emotional abuse to physical and sexual abuse. It ends when the women can get out and hopefully get help to not repeat the abusive pattern. Not all women get out alive. Women who get into abusive relationships tend to have very low self esteem and sometimes a history of being abused growing up.

As far why women watch an anime like Diabolik Lovers and enjoy it. My only answer is this is fantasy not reality. It's a safe way to explore sexuality. Maybe they enjoy seeing men fight over and dominate a women. I don't really understand it maybe a girl who enjoys it can explain better.
divayaOct 2, 2013 8:53 AM
Oct 2, 2013 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
It would really depend on the individual, but is it really surprising? Women's rights and equality are fairly new in human history, less than 100 years old and not even recognized globally.

divaya said:

From what I understand the case to be in real life, girls who have abusive boyfriends/husbands really believe they can "tame the bad boy" they really believe their man will change for them eventually if they just stick thru the bad times.

A sad and naive ideology that's all too common unfortunately. It even gets to a point of brainwashing, I've met a Middle Eastern woman who told me that her husband's merciless beatings were an act of god and were testing her faithfulness to him.
Oct 2, 2013 2:19 PM

Jul 2010
@millo

About your question if girls just want to be treated shit, definitely a big NO. Your arguments are all hasty generalization. Diabolik Lovers is a work of fiction and should not be assumed to reflect reality so please don't assume that all girls want to be treated shit because it's like you are not respecting girls anymore.

Well, I enjoy reverse harem anime like Diabolik Lovers simply because of fanservice. That's all.
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Oct 2, 2013 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
Red_Keys said:

True
Oct 2, 2013 2:46 PM

Oct 2007
I am a girl and I absolutely detest shit like this. Not all girls like it, so don't worry.
Oct 2, 2013 2:48 PM
Jul 2012
Limonene said:
Red_Keys said:

True

agreed
Oct 2, 2013 11:00 PM
Oct 2010
Just because its often in the media doesen't mean girls like it or want to be treated that way. It's not like it was made by people who care about the story like Key per say, but people who care only about money. They're doing stories what the charts say and don't think about any developmnet or good story to at least be respected.
Oct 2, 2013 11:08 PM

Nov 2012
I would assume that they like to fantasize about it, and self insert as the girl, but wouldn't exactly like for this to happen to themselves in real life.
Oct 2, 2013 11:13 PM
Mar 2010
I don't like the abuse or romance in Diabolik Lovers at all.

And I absolutely hate Toma from Amnesia, and Fuuto from Brothers Conflict. I also was angry at Tsubaki from Brothers Conflict at one point. I don't find any of the guys in Diabolik Lovers hot nor do I like them. I watch it for laughs and to see how bad it'll get.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 3, 2013 8:56 PM

May 2009
I can't think of an heroine that will let a guy treat her like crap.........oh wait Hiro no Kakera just came to mind.....

But the Story of Saiunkoku has a great strong female lead!
Oct 3, 2013 9:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So wait, if you watch rape hentai that makes you a wannabe rapist?

By this logic, no. Real life != fantasy/fiction

However, there is always a portion of the population that do in fact confound fantasy and real life.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 4, 2013 6:19 AM

Jan 2008
Hachiko75 said:

U know its funny how u this anime shows that woman like to be dominated n they are perfectly fine with being treated like shit that is not the case and if u think that then u have alot of growing up to do just bc u see it in an anime doesnt mean that its how real life is some women do like it but those arent to say that every woman is like that I myself detest men that treat women like shit n when i see it on the street or wherever i am i stand up n say something bc it isnt right

In my opinion anime as well as hentai allow the impossible to become possible that is why i watch anime yes throughout the anime like Amnesia like one person said i was like oh come on why the hell are u just taking the shit that is being fed to u n smiling about it but in the end it wasnt a great anime but it was okay.

Anime is ment to be taken with a grain of salt so much of what is in anime is not real it is actually funny when i come across a topic like this.

As a woman I do get annoyed that they make girls out to be the submissive type n will just okay sorry for the pun on this one but it fits "lay there n take it" when in real life I would be surprised to see a man hit a woman n they dont hit then make or tell them to F*UCK OFF I'M DONE!

Women arent push overs anymore yrs back yeah but not much anymore n when a man thinks oh yeah she likes the bad boys they could just get there asses kicked bc they r over confident jerks that deserve to get turned down bc of it....

Hell if someone walked up to me n said "damn woman i want to f*ck u like a dog" oh its on then man that guy would need a pillow to be able to sit for a month after the beating i would dish out that is no way to talk to a lady no matter
How they look, how they smell, be them big, small, short, tall, big nose, small breast big breast, it is disrespectful but if a woman says "damn u got a small dick" it would be hell. Men r f*cked up these days more n more men disrespect women bc they believe they are gods gift to women guess what us women wont go to the next man n treat them like shit bc our ex was a douche yes we might be cautious but we wont treat them like shit like men do if a man ex says something about there dick or there crappy in bed they go to the next woman n think this bitch is going to be my bitch

BUT WAKE UP GUYS WE AINT UR BITCHES

Okay well as it goes sorry if this offended anyone but

it was retarded that u thought women were really like the way u see them in anime i never thought i would say this but

IT'S JUST A F*CKING CARTOON IT'S NOT REAL

okay have a nice day.
Oct 4, 2013 6:29 AM

Aug 2012
Valeria-chan said:
okay have a nice day.

You have a nice day too, thanks for your rant.
Oct 4, 2013 6:39 AM

Jan 2008
it was more then just a rant thank u it was saying that was a stupid question for a topic who truly believes that women in real life r like that seriously.
Oct 4, 2013 7:00 AM

May 2009
Valeria-chan said:
Hachiko75 said:

U know its funny how u this anime shows that woman like to be dominated n they are perfectly fine with being treated like shit that is not the case and if u think that then u have alot of growing up to do just bc u see it in an anime doesnt mean that its how real life is some women do like it but those arent to say that every woman is like that I myself detest men that treat women like shit n when i see it on the street or wherever i am i stand up n say something bc it isnt right

In my opinion anime as well as hentai allow the impossible to become possible that is why i watch anime yes throughout the anime like Amnesia like one person said i was like oh come on why the hell are u just taking the shit that is being fed to u n smiling about it but in the end it wasnt a great anime but it was okay.

Anime is ment to be taken with a grain of salt so much of what is in anime is not real it is actually funny when i come across a topic like this.

As a woman I do get annoyed that they make girls out to be the submissive type n will just okay sorry for the pun on this one but it fits "lay there n take it" when in real life I would be surprised to see a man hit a woman n they dont hit then make or tell them to F*UCK OFF I'M DONE!

Women arent push overs anymore yrs back yeah but not much anymore n when a man thinks oh yeah she likes the bad boys they could just get there asses kicked bc they r over confident jerks that deserve to get turned down bc of it....

Hell if someone walked up to me n said "damn woman i want to f*ck u like a dog" oh its on then man that guy would need a pillow to be able to sit for a month after the beating i would dish out that is no way to talk to a lady no matter
How they look, how they smell, be them big, small, short, tall, big nose, small breast big breast, it is disrespectful but if a woman says "damn u got a small dick" it would be hell. Men r f*cked up these days more n more men disrespect women bc they believe they are gods gift to women guess what us women wont go to the next man n treat them like shit bc our ex was a douche yes we might be cautious but we wont treat them like shit like men do if a man ex says something about there dick or there crappy in bed they go to the next woman n think this bitch is going to be my bitch

BUT WAKE UP GUYS WE AINT UR BITCHES

Okay well as it goes sorry if this offended anyone but

it was retarded that u thought women were really like the way u see them in anime i never thought i would say this but

IT'S JUST A F*CKING CARTOON IT'S NOT REAL

okay have a nice day.

I say a certain anime has a strong female lead and you type that? Yeah that's not worth reading. It is just a cartoon so calm yourself down!
Oct 4, 2013 8:14 AM
Oct 2010
Hachiko75 said:
I can't think of an heroine that will let a guy treat her like crap.........oh wait Hiro no Kakera just came to mind.....

Exemples why you feel she's strong?
Just asking because I'm interessted watching it some time
Oct 4, 2013 8:24 AM

Sep 2013
Most reverse harem heroines are stupid. -___-
Oct 4, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2008
aki3chan said:
Hachiko75 said:

++++Yes I know u did u r correct on that anime however I have not watched Kiro no Kakera yet that is why i took it off but Saiunkoku Monogatari however I have I quoted it bc because i was agreeing with it but yes i should have said something about it that was on me.

As for the rest of what u said however yes he was talking about the anime but he was the one who asked that very stupid question n thats what i chose to say about it. he wasnt questioning the anime part as much as do women really like to be treated like shit....In anime they do like to make it seem like that this is true but it is not real n if someone is going to ask that like they truly believe thats how the real world is as a woman im going to say something about it.

To me it was a really stupid question to him I dont know how he truly saw it so i cant say anything on that.

Who else here thinks that in the real world women like to be treated like shit seriously?
Oct 4, 2013 2:24 PM
Oct 2010
Valeria-chan said:
aki3chan said:
Hachiko75 said:

++++Yes I know u did u r correct on that anime however I have not watched Kiro no Kakera yet that is why i took it off but Saiunkoku Monogatari however I have I quoted it bc because i was agreeing with it but yes i should have said something about it that was on me.

As for the rest of what u said however yes he was talking about the anime but he was the one who asked that very stupid question n thats what i chose to say about it. he wasnt questioning the anime part as much as do women really like to be treated like shit....In anime they do like to make it seem like that this is true but it is not real n if someone is going to ask that like they truly believe thats how the real world is as a woman im going to say something about it.

To me it was a really stupid question to him I dont know how he truly saw it so i cant say anything on that.

Who else here thinks that in the real world women like to be treated like shit seriously?

Um, was that respond meant for me, or did you make a mistake?
Oct 4, 2013 6:41 PM

Jan 2008
for Hachiko75 I should have taken it from his not urs that was my bad but to answer ur question which i am sorry I forgot plus after i remembered I had to think on how to word it

Okay Saiunkoku Monogatari is an amazing anime it really truly is it has an emperor who wasnt ready to take his place until Shuurei came to the palace once she got there his whole outlook had changed due to all of his brothers dying, leaving or being banished Ryuuki was forced to take the throne but while Shuurei was there she never once let Ryuuki walk all over her not once she was a strong female lead i have not gotten the chance to watch season 2 yet but that will most likely be next week i hope that is if i can get done with what i already have.

It does have romance but it is a light hearted kind of romance well more like Shuurei is slow to it but that was as of the end of season 1 not sure for season 2 yet i will tell u when i find out as well.
Oct 4, 2013 7:01 PM
Oct 2012
Humm, I am probably setting myself up here for a big fall, but what the hell, I haven't flamed out in a while.

Men have rape fantasies, female has being raped fantasies.

Now, that said, most men don't really want to rape females and almost all women (though I have met a couple of exceptions) don't want to be raped.

What men really want is to conquer a woman, I.e. be so friggin awesome that it ends up not being rape because the woman ends up digging the man; few men would really want to "rape" a woman who was not and would not ever end up liking him. This is why these are "fantasies" because in fantasies no one gets hurt. Men feel this way because if they have any decency, they would never force a woman, so the woman has complete say in whether or not they will sleep together. The fantasy comes about because it is the reversal of most men's reality.

Woman, despite saying they like sensitive men, are hardwired towards liking strong men; in their fantasies they are taken, but they are only taken by men who both really want them and who instinctively know without being told that the woman wants the man. In the case of this show, while all the men treat her like crap, everyone knows that in the end they will all love and worship her, so that is okay, because in the end she will transform them and become special to them. That is where the female fantasy comes into play.

So no, merely "spitting" on a woman would only succeed in getting your face rightly slapped. That is because you can distinguish between a fantasy and a reality. In a female fantasy initial degradation is acceptable only if it is followed by the woman being elevated. In reality, a man willing to spit in the face of a woman, isn't the type of man a woman would feel pride in conquering.
Oct 4, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Humm, I am probably setting myself up here for a big fall, but what the hell, I haven't flamed out in a while.

Now, that said, most men don't really want to rape females and almost all women (though I have met a couple of exceptions) don't want to be raped.

What men really want is to conquer a woman, I.e. be so friggin awesome that it ends up not being rape because the woman ends up digging the man; few men would really want to "rape" a woman who was not and would not ever end up liking him. This is why these are "fantasies" because in fantasies no one gets hurt. Men feel this way because if they have any decency, they would never force a woman, so the woman has complete say in whether or not they will sleep together. The fantasy comes about because it is the reversal of most men's reality.

Woman, despite saying they like sensitive men, are hardwired towards liking strong men; in their fantasies they are taken, but they are only taken by men who both really want them and who instinctively know without being told that the woman wants the man. In the case of this show, while all the men treat her like crap, everyone knows that in the end they will all love and worship her, so that is okay, because in the end she will transform them and become special to them. That is where the female fantasy comes into play.

So no, merely "spitting" on a woman would only succeed in getting your face rightly slapped. That is because you can distinguish between a fantasy and a reality. In a female fantasy initial degradation is acceptable only if it is followed by the woman being elevated. In reality, a man willing to spit in the face of a woman, isn't the type of man a woman would feel pride in conquering.

Well said in most cases it is just role playing the rape it to isnt real thats whats fun about role play.

But it was really stupid for anyone to think that women are really like that dont get me wrong "some" are i am not one of them but i have known a few but please not that i did say some not all women.

This whole conversation falls under to each there own or whatever floats their boat.

Bc who am i to say that one persons fantasies are stupid bc it could be said back fantasies arent ment to be shared with the world but with the special person or those that are paid to make fantasy into reality.
Oct 5, 2013 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
millo said:
Let's all just stop all those gender equality stuff because girls really just like to be seen as an object, hahaha

Yeah man hahahah let's just not have gender equality and let's treat women like objects because there's this anime called Diabolik Lovers and some girls are into it! It's completely logical and doesn't reek og of misogyny and idiocy at all.

To answer your question - no.
Obviously some like it as more of a sexual fantasy but most wouldn't want such a relationship in real life.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Oct 5, 2013 4:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Valeria-chan said:
it was more then just a rant thank u it was saying that was a stupid question for a topic who truly believes that women in real life r like that seriously.

I think that was either a troll or sarcastic post (I hope).
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 5, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
Takuan_Soho said:

This actually makes sense to an extent and is somewhat a mature answer as opposed to over than half ignorant ones in here.

Valeria-chan said:

Hahah well guess what buddy, yes there are women like that in real life, more than you can imagine or try to delude yourself into believing, the same way there exists alot of dickless-sack-of crap men that have no problem being degraded and shat on because there are all types of people in this world and you sure as hell don't get to speak for everyone.

and this is more on a sexual thing for fk's sake, women don't like being physically abused, no one does, it's a sexual thing, it's about that "being dominated" feeling, not in a hurtful way obviously, stop taking things too seriously, people have fetishes, and men have some really messed up fetishes too, let's not forget THIS IS JAPAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, anything that might look weird in the first place, japan makes it look alot more weirder.
Oct 5, 2013 7:28 PM

Jun 2012
This thread's completely pointless. Yes there are women who like to be dominated, and there are women that don't. The same goes for men... I swear this is a topic for little kiddies, who like many others can't figure out that there are always weird / different people among any group. It doesn't mean a select few have to represent a whole class of people.

It feels like this topic is to give justification to raping women. Damn, rapists must be decent people then... since there's a few masochists in this world! Honestly I don't even know if this is a serious question or not, what with Millo's avatar. It's not like the main girl asked to be in this situation. I don't see how this series, thus far, implies anything about most females enjoying being raped / dominated or anything of the sort.

If you watch a series where people are trying to murder the main character, do you think that everyone loves the idea of being horribly murdered? There's a reason for the words "weird" and "fetish".

If anything at all... when it comes to the idea that most girls like guys who are complete dicks, IMO it's more about guys with the confidence to be so. It's not most girls want to be treated like trash, but a man who is brimming with confidence and doesn't really have to think about their actions. There's just as man girls though who like girly guys that they can dominate. And there's also just as many girls who like playboy / womanizers who pamper them with gifts. There's really no way to simply classify women (or men) as one way.
tsudecimo said:

3/ Name 10 harems that and I quote '' It's the same exact shit as any harem, whether it be male or female MC.''
1. Love Hina
2. To Love-Ru
3. School Rumble
4. Vandread
5. Ah! My Goddess
6. Zero no Tsukaima
7. Girls Bravo
8. Monogatari Series (something tells me you've seen this one)
9. Toradora!
10. InuYasha (or any other Rumiko Takahashi romance)

It's pretty much your typical harem... any harem without lots of tsundere is an oddity.
HalibelTheEspadaOct 5, 2013 7:53 PM
Oct 6, 2013 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
tl;dra - Simple Answer: No.
No, girls don't really want to be treated like that.

There's no need to bring out all the arguments on how fantasy differs from reality or how girls aren't one homogeneous group with the same taste all together. So if you find a girl that wants to be treated like that, it's surely not because shes female. Duh.
Oct 6, 2013 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
my answer to "Is this really what girls like?":

yes and no.
some do, some don't

just like everything else. some people like cheese, some don't. some people prefer delinquent type guys, some people prefer polite type guys. some people like bdsm, some don't.

as for me, i love this kind of anime/game. but it's not how i want to be treated in real life though? just because you like something in diction doesn't necessarily mean that you want that to happen to you.

idk maybe what i'm saying doesn't make sense. the reviews that people wrote for the anime made me laugh so much...
Oct 6, 2013 7:41 PM

Jul 2010
if you really want to get to the top of it, it's the bioshounen. Tsundere is the EXACT if not a little different thing. Boys who like Tsundere and fall for her is the exact same thing as a so call "bad-boy" who then turns out to be quite sweet. With this anime in particular though i feel like it's just appealing to a more sadistic side.

Imagine this was a regular harem.....imagine. It's the same thing. Reverse harem and harems aim to do the same thing just to different audiences
Oct 7, 2013 12:01 AM

Dec 2011
I hope OP is just being a troll. I really, really do. If not, then OP, please, go out into the world and learn. Experience. Indulge yourself in knowledge, become open-minded, grow as a person. Anime or any work of fiction does not and will not ever reflect the real world accurately, they are based on sales and will therefore cater to what makes money. There is something called "fetishes," everyone has one, it's no big deal. And what's this -gasp!- females are included in this "everyone?!" The market caters to them to?! Blassphemy!

It's not about how one should act towards women in particular. Treat everyone as a human being, be compassionate, be respectful, and keep your hands to yourself. They teach this in elementary school, come on now. Like you said, fantasy is just fantasy. Don't ever confuse it with real life.

As a rec, if you're looking for a decent otome/reverse harem, try La Corda d'Oro. Such a lovely OST. ♥
CMYKOct 7, 2013 12:10 AM
Oct 7, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
It's great as a fantasy but not for real life. I'll fantasize about these types of characters and 'saving the bad boy' but that doesn't actually happen in real life which is why, I suspect, it's so common in fictional media.
Oct 7, 2013 7:17 AM

Sep 2013
Hell no >:[
Oct 14, 2013 3:21 PM
Aug 2012
As a woman, if I have to choose between a harem anime with a bunch of females brainlessly fanservicing a worthless guy and one female brainlessly accepting whatever form of love she can find, I'm going to choose the later. it's far more tolerable in content and (usually) in execution as well.

But I don't think Diabolik Lovers is the proper show to serve as a flagship of reverse harems, so I wouldn't ask such a general question here. Actually, I really appreciate this show for the lack of romance. Unlike most harems, it isn't interesting because you want to be in the protaganist's place - that would be stupid. -_- It's interesting because it's not romanticized at all. I want to see what will come out of it. I doubt that this show is meant to be every girls' fantasy. It's probably meant to be intriguing enough to make you keep watching until they make you like at least one of the vampires.
Oct 14, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2008
You could also reverse the question. Do boy's like to be beaten up for absolutely no reason just because she's a beautiful girl? Talk about being treated like crap. I couldn't stand what's her name fro Fullmetal Panic because she was an abusive witch. The same thing with that one girl from Love Hina. I'm going to guess most guys would not go all crazy for a girl that would give them a bloody eye just for bumping into them, but they sure do seem to like to watch the anime. Sooooo many tsunderes and yanderes out there that abuse the guy, are cruel to him, say such derogatory things to him... yet that seems okay. Why? Because the girls are hot? Same with this.

No girl wants to be treated like this. But... Like many pointed out THIS is not real life. It's a story about 6 very broken guys and a girl who could possibly save one of them. If you read up on the game and the different paths, it's all about the girl that gets past that snarling vampire to see the hurt inside.

Is it cliche? Yes.. of course it is. This anime is just a nice bit of fanservice is all...People seem to take it too seriously.
Oct 14, 2013 7:25 PM
Sep 2012
I don't know why so many people are trying to compare them to 'bad boy' types.

Last I checked, 'bad boy' types don't go around verbally, physically, and sexually abusing their so-called romantic interest.

There's a difference between being a jerk because you had a shitty life (which, for a record, isn't right either), and being a controlling, abusive sack of shit.

The difference is that abusive people never, ever change. Same with murderers, rapists, etc. Because nobody in their right mind would go THAT far if they truly thought their actions were inexcusable deep down. And that is what causes people to change - the WANT to change. No matter how small it may be.

And these worthless excuses for humans (er, vampires) definitely don't want to change. Otherwise they wouldn't treat her like a punching bag 24/7.

Whatever idiot was deranged enough to come up with such a disgustingly stupid idea is clearly playing off an abused person's mentality; that they deserve the abuse, either due to being worthless, and/or because they did something to bring it on themselves, and that if they only stand by their partner, they might change. That whole "oh if I wuv him enough it'll end up like Beauty and the Beast and we'll live happily ever after!".

lolno. That shit ain't happening. And pretending that it is, is a total load of shit. I don't care if it's "fantasy". Fantasy isn't an excuse for this bullshit. And no - it's not BDSM or consensual non-consent. It's outright rape and abuse. Learn the difference.
Oct 15, 2013 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
millo said:
Red_Keys said:

tsudecimo said:
millo said:

Skip Beat
Nana

NANA is soo awesome, i love it.

ouran high school host club is pretty good imo
I'm an Avid Slice of Life fan, if you have any interesting SoL anime/manga to introduce, please do so ^^,

Just your typical Yandere lover :3
Oct 15, 2013 2:42 AM

Dec 2012
millo said:
I've been watching several reverse harem/shoujo anime lately, and it makes me wondeeeeerrr, are all those anime really describe girl's fantasy? If it's true then.. wow, Girls really sure loves a douchebag who treat them like shit. haha

Seriously?? I hope you were just trolling, because if you weren't then.. man.. really..
Following your logic then everyone who likes thriller/horror movies would LOVE to die in some gross way (like eaten alive by zombies or rippen apart by some psycho with creepy torture items..and so on) right? Well, here a news flash, i highly doubt horror fans would love anything like that in real life.
So, well just to help you understand better, give a look at this, would ya? -> https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/90d5cc1a9a73b82aef9ce8e9583cf057/tumblr_mhzi9qPMDc1qkk1bqo1_r1_400.png
Oct 19, 2013 2:55 AM

Jul 2008
I'm a guy and i know there different tastes not all girls will like that, but there will be girls who rely like that, not all guys the same and not all girls the same.
Oct 21, 2013 7:41 PM

Apr 2013
Something tells me Diabolik Lovers was made to cater to the Twilight fangirls, and it's not just because of bishounen vampires.
Oct 21, 2013 7:52 PM

Jul 2010
It is in my fantasy that's for true , Ayato, Kanato and Subaru's way hell yeah...
Oct 21, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
Lil-Bird said:
Something tells me Diabolik Lovers was made to cater to the Twilight fangirls, and it's not just because of bishounen vampires.

Not true I hate Twilight and this is nothing like it so shut up with Twilight, Twilight is DEAD!!!
Oct 22, 2013 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
millo said:
That's what change my perspective on girl, maybe right now, when i saw a girl, even the most respectable one, i would think, "Hey, you secretly just want me to spit on you, right?"

I'm crying, I'm just thinking in it and I'm laughing. Don't do that! xDD

About the topic. No, that's why I dropped it, and for a few reasons more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2013

230 by WifuSimulator666 »»
Mar 21, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2013

162 by Starlight2003 »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:46 PM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.