Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 15, 2009 7:53 AM

Dec 2008
dxthegreat said:
did medusa call crona a girl at 15:24?
if that's true then as far as i know, that's the first time we get a confirmation on crona's gender =.=.

No... she said "ii ko" wich means good kid. Subbers just seem to assume Crona is a girl.
Feb 15, 2009 12:19 PM

Apr 2008
Evil Stein is awesome....though I really wish Medusa would hurry up and die she is really starting to get annoying, seeing Marie and Crona in action was sweet though. I really want to see Crona beat Medusa, hopefully Maka won't ruin it by beating her instead.
Feb 15, 2009 4:44 PM

Dec 2008
Awesome, awesome episode.

I enjoyed the focus on Stein and his thought process. Also, seeing Mari's weapo for the first time and well... I'm hoping that Maka will be able to help Crona defeat Medusa, with Crona taking the finishing move or whatever. :D Either way, looking forward to the next episode~

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Feb 15, 2009 8:29 PM

May 2008
Awesome Episode!
Feb 15, 2009 9:01 PM

Sep 2008
Maxi1234 said:
dxthegreat said:
if that's true then as far as i know, that's the first time we get a confirmation on crona's gender =.=.

No... she said "ii ko" wich means good kid. Subbers just seem to assume Crona is a girl.

crona is ment to have no gender but these subbers seem to think crona's a she. personally it really annoys me because crona comes off more as a male to me and also uses 'boku'.

i thought this was a pretty good episode and now im annoyed i gotta wait to see maka in action -_-. also i dont see why everyone is hating maka so much atm, whats wrong with her being serious?? if you were in her position you would be too!! i think it would be stupid if she was overly spiritual right now.
Feb 16, 2009 4:07 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i was so not expecting Maka to save the day at the end there! i totally yelled out loud when that happened. I hope I didn't wake up my neighbors O.o

i love Soul Eater. ahhh!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Feb 16, 2009 9:26 AM
Oct 2008
dxthegreat said:

True! But we can't be sure.
Feb 16, 2009 6:44 PM

Sep 2007
I don't like the look of things right now. No power-ups for any of the characters? Crona has yet to recover his/her previous skill level, Maka hasn't got anything new since the Demon Hunter (which she still can't really use), Black Star is physically stronger, but other than that he doesn't have anything besides the Fey Blade, and Kid hasn't leveled up since his introduction.

Basically, it doesn't seem realistic for the main cast to be fighting Medusa/Arachne/Kishin at the moment, and any new powers that they get are going to feel too sudden.

As for the episode itself, I found the Medusa fight to be utterly boring. Nowhere near as intense as Stein/Spirit vs Medusa in the Kishin-awakening segment. Always sucks when the last battle is less dramatic than the previous battles (oh hello there, Claymore). It's a shame that the anime script writers couldn't match the level of writing in the manga.
Feb 16, 2009 7:29 PM

Aug 2008
That Demon Hunter was enough to scare Mosquito. Black Star actually has a grasp on Fey Blade mode which scared Mifune. Kid is a real Shinigami who hasn't really encounter that many crazy tough battles yet, and of course, Soul has control over the black blood (for now). As far as power goes, I think we're in a good condition. Also, I'm not sure it will be any of the kids who beat Arachnae or Eibon. I see them taking out Free et. all.
Feb 16, 2009 7:54 PM

Sep 2007
The Demon Hunter is the strongest weapon available to the main cast, for sure. But I have a hard time thinking that it's anywhere near destructive enough to kill Medusa/Arachne (let alone the Kishin) without some crazy fluke.

Look at it this way - Stein has already been established as the strongest weapon meister, and he barely managed to defeat Medusa. Maka's mother can perform Demon Hunter, but Stein > Maka's mother > Maka. Therefore, Medusa should be able to handle Maka's Demon Hunter unless she gets really unlucky.

Black Star's Fey Blade mode might have pushed Mifune into fighting seriously, but Mifune easily annihilated Black Star, and Arachne seems much stronger than Mifune (otherwise, why would Mifune bother working for her?).

And Kid, well... like I said, he hasn't powered up at all since the beginning. During the Kishin-awakening battle, Kid was told to run past Medusa (suggesting that he isn't good enough to handle her), and only managed to defeat Free's illusions with the help of Black Star (iirc). So I wouldn't bet on him being able to help out much with the witches or the Kishin, either.

To top it all off, the 3 heroes combined with Soul's Black-Blood coordination could only stand up to Mosquito, who is obviously weaker than both Medusa and Arachne.

noteDhero said:
Also, I'm not sure it will be any of the kids who beat Arachnae or Eibon. I see them taking out Free et. all.

That would be cool, but then, who is going to finish off the two witches and the Kishin? Stein could possibly snap out of it and help suppress Medusa or something (not sure how they're going to get out of killing the loli, though). Arachne could get eaten by the Kishin, or something.

Maybe the Kishin doesn't die? I don't see how anyone could possibly defeat him.
Feb 16, 2009 8:18 PM

Dec 2008
Mifune is only working for Arachne to insure the safety of Angela. Otherwise he would probably be on Shibusen's side, as he's technically, for lack of a better term, a 'good guy.' And if you're completely up-to-date with the manga you know what happens between Black Star and Mifune.
Although, that is the manga and not the anime, but still I think eventually we'll see the same thing happen in the anime.

I have the distinct feeling Stein will snap out of it and it's pretty obvious what weapon he'll end up using if that happens, Marie. Seeing as she's a Death Scythe and she probably has a better soul resonance with him than Maka's dad, they'd be a much more formidable match against Medusa. As for avoiding killing the little girl, I hope it doesn't happen, but I can so feel an 'omg Medusa, that's someone's daughter' moment coming on where she can't bear the do that to someone's daughter. Alternatively I could see them, instead of destroying Medusa, allying with her to take down Arachne.

If that does happen, well then you'd have Stein and Marie and Medusa, who would all be working against Arachne and the Kishin. That being said, hell, this is all hypothetical, so who really knows.

In my opinion I don't see how they could beat them. It's been well-established that not even Shinigama-sama was able to kill the Kishin, so I don't see how Maka's lame attempts with Demon Hunter will manage to do something about it at this point in the series. At best I could see them taking out, maybe, Free and probably Mosquito since they almost succeeded at that feat before.

As for Kid, well, I'm quite disappointed they haven't and probably won't include his power-up from the manga. To me that's such a character defining moment. -sigh- And I also don't see how they'll wrap up the whole Eibon mystery AND defeat Arachne and the Kishin in the remaining episodes. This is just getting disappointing. >:
Feb 16, 2009 8:36 PM

Sep 2007
maykipz said:
Mifune is only working for Arachne to insure the safety of Angela. Otherwise he would probably be on Shibusen's side, as he's technically, for lack of a better term, a 'good guy.' And if you're completely up-to-date with the manga you know what happens between Black Star and Mifune.
Although, that is the manga and not the anime, but still I think eventually we'll see the same thing happen in the anime.

Right, but if Mifune was just as powerful (or more) than Arachne, then he wouldn't be working for her. The fact that Mifune isn't just hiding out by himself, and is instead in the middle of conflict with Shibusen proves how powerful Arachne is.

And I haven't read the manga, but

Maykipz said:
As for Kid, well, I'm quite disappointed they haven't and probably won't include his power-up from the manga. To me that's such a character defining moment. -sigh- And I also don't see how they'll wrap up the whole Eibon mystery AND defeat Arachne and the Kishin in the remaining episodes. This is just getting disappointing. >:

I thought that might be the case. Kid seems to have gotten the short stick, as far as character development and overall power go, so I guess the anime hasn't gotten to that point.
Feb 16, 2009 8:52 PM

Dec 2008
naikou said:
Right, but if Mifune was just as powerful (or more) than Arachne, then he wouldn't be working for her. The fact that Mifune isn't just hiding out by himself, and is instead in the middle of conflict with Shibusen proves how powerful Arachne is.

And I haven't read the manga, but

I see what you're saying, but I think Mifune isn't hiding out because he doesn't want to risk anyone hurting Angela. Anyone with soul perception could easily find him and, therefore, find Angela. Everything that he does is to protect her. And, also, I think you might be counting out the fact that if, say, Mifune and Black Star worked together, considering how powerful they are, they'd be considerably larger threat. This goes for any of the characters. Alone perhaps most of them wouldn't be able to defeat Arachne or the Kishin, but I think if several of the more powerful characters work together they would stand a much higher chance. For example, if Stein snaps out of the insanity and uses Marie as a weapon, Medusa would have a tough time against him, Maka and Chrona, I have to believe.

naikou said:
I thought that might be the case. Kid seems to have gotten the short stick, as far as character development and overall power go, so I guess the anime hasn't gotten to that point.

Quite agreed there, his chances to prove himself have been far, few between and solitary, there have only been a scant few times he's fought with people around and, as far as I can remember the only times he was fighting on his own against someone with people watching was when he first arrived and easily beat Black Star and Soul and when he once again beat Black Star. Other than that he's been great and all, but he hasn't gotten any better than he was in his prologue. In my opinion,
:/
Feb 16, 2009 9:04 PM

Sep 2007
maykipz said:
And, also, I think you might be counting out the fact that if, say, Mifune and Black Star worked together, considering how powerful they are, they'd be considerably larger threat. This goes for any of the characters. Alone perhaps most of them wouldn't be able to defeat Arachne or the Kishin, but I think if several of the more powerful characters work together they would stand a much higher chance.
That's reasonable for the witches, but definitely not for the Kishin. I got the impression that the Kishin could kill everyone in the entire series combined (minus Shinigami-sama) and not even break a sweat. I mean, he took out Eruka, Free, Black Star, Death the Kid, and Maka while putting on his skin. Like an afterthought. Then he proceeded to punch a hole through Shinigami-sama immediately after being trapped in a bag for hundreds of years.

There's no way the current cast is going to beat him. If they do, it'll be completely retarded.
Feb 16, 2009 9:46 PM

Dec 2008
naikou said:
That's reasonable for the witches, but definitely not for the Kishin. I got the impression that the Kishin could kill everyone in the entire series combined (minus Shinigami-sama) and not even break a sweat. I mean, he took out Eruka, Free, Black Star, Death the Kid, and Maka while putting on his skin. Like an afterthought. Then he proceeded to punch a hole through Shinigami-sama immediately after being trapped in a bag for hundreds of years.

There's no way the current cast is going to beat him. If they do, it'll be completely retarded.

I totally agree with you there. If the Kishin is defeated by anyone other than Shinigama-sama I'll probably take the series off my favorites, because it would just ruin the entire thing. I don't see how that could happen in a way that would be acceptable with what has been said and done so far. That said, if the Kishin isn't defeated it will be somewhat anti-climatic, how can they end things with that still going on? Sadly I have the feeling that in the end Maka will somehow defeat the Kishin and if that happens I will definitely be disappointed with the show as a whole, I just hope something happens in the next few episodes that makes me look forward to the ending, because right now I'm just kind of worried it's going to be a terrible ending to such a promising series.
Feb 16, 2009 9:50 PM

Sep 2007
In other words:
naikou said:
I don't like the look of things right now.

:-P
Feb 16, 2009 10:16 PM
Nov 2007
like the battlefield + vector blade.
also, i like how medusa went all pink star wars emperor on crona's ass :x

Feb 17, 2009 5:42 PM

Jun 2007
naikou said:
noteDhero said:
Also, I'm not sure it will be any of the kids who beat Arachnae or Eibon. I see them taking out Free et. all.

That would be cool, but then, who is going to finish off the two witches and the Kishin? Stein could possibly snap out of it and help suppress Medusa or something (not sure how they're going to get out of killing the loli, though). Arachne could get eaten by the Kishin, or something.

Maybe the Kishin doesn't die? I don't see how anyone could possibly defeat him.

The Death God himself or Maka's mom might take him on. Arachnae is probably gonna get team attacked or killed by Kishin.
Feb 19, 2009 2:48 PM

Feb 2009
Naikou, while reading, I've pretty much agreed with all of your points.

A few of my own (though it was mentioned before or not) is that this show will either end in a very retarded (meaning unrealistic and disappointing way) or it won't have a real ending (like Trinity Blood and Get Backers) which would also become retarded and disappointing. I was giving Soul Eater credit for finally picking things up again but with only eight episodes left, I don't know if they can wrap it all up nicely. Most likely not.

I've been on and off with Soul Eater, honestly. On one hand, when it started out, I was kind of disappointed with all of the comedy (I assumed it was going to be a dark one). After a while, it became more and more kiddish (I understand the main focus are kids but if you look at certain tones, it can be dark. It's finally picking up again with all of the battles but I'm not sure if it's enough to redeem the series as a whole. And 52 episodes is actually a lot for a series (since there are some great series that were able to be wrapped up in 23 to 24 episodes before) so it's a shame that they didn't pace themselves more nicely. I'm not actually following the manga at all, unfortunately, so I don't know the differences or the perks in comparison.

They also mentioned (was it 8?) of Shibusen's top fighters. A few didn't come back but the others did which is where Marie and the kid with the headphones (I'm so horrible with names) came into view. So if they are the top people (and a few of them didn't come back), why is Shibusen leaving all of the heavy business to Maka and the others? The obvious answer is because they're the main characters but if you think about it, they were never acknowledged as anything but ordinary students. They picked up some abilities here and there and have even fought on the front lines too but still nobody acknowledged them as top fighters. They're continually thrown into fights that would realistically not match up because of how weak they are compared to their opponents. And I also second the opinion that if anybody but Shinigami beats the Kishin, I will be very disappointed. Because one, that's completely retarded and two, seeing him in full out action would probably give the series a lot of bonus points.

I have so much left to say but I suppose it's enough to stop here. We'll see how everything plays out though I won't get hyped up until I see whether or not they can pull this off. Then again, there could always be a second season to clear things up like Code Geass (though there were also some holes left unfilled with that one as well).
Feb 19, 2009 3:56 PM

Dec 2008
LostArticulation said:
They also mentioned (was it 8?) of Shibusen's top fighters. A few didn't come back but the others did which is where Marie and the kid with the headphones (I'm so horrible with names) came into view. So if they are the top people (and a few of them didn't come back), why is Shibusen leaving all of the heavy business to Maka and the others? The obvious answer is because they're the main characters but if you think about it, they were never acknowledged as anything but ordinary students. They picked up some abilities here and there and have even fought on the front lines too but still nobody acknowledged them as top fighters. They're continually thrown into fights that would realistically not match up because of how weak they are compared to their opponents. And I also second the opinion that if anybody but Shinigami beats the Kishin, I will be very disappointed. Because one, that's completely retarded and two, seeing him in full out action would probably give the series a lot of bonus points.

Actually, most of the Death Scythes (the ones who were assembled) are busy doing things. Justin (with the headphones) is fighting Giriko (a subordinate of Arachnophobia). Spirit has been instructed to stay in Death City with Shinigami-sama, which is also where Azusa is, using her ability to map out things from a distance to see what the Shibusen forces are doing and to help direct them from a distance. Marie formally cut ties with Shibusen to go save Stein. The other four Death Scythes are all busy and have yet to (and probably will not) show up. Basically, the ones that showed up to help Shibusen are doing just that. As for why Maka, Kid and Black Star are all prominent while being just students, well, as most main characters of a series they aren't just anything. Maka is excellent at soul perception and can use Demon Hunter which is the most powerful attack a scythe technician can use. Kid is a Shinigami which essentially means he has power most normal people do not and while he's a student he's much more skilled than most of the other students are. Black Star has been shown numerous times to be extremely powerful and doesn't even need a weapon to fight.

That being said, I find it hard to believe just those three will take Arachnophobia down. If they do I will be highly dissapointed in such an ending, because it's not realistic in what I've seen so far in the series. From what I can guess, Stein will come back using Marie as a weapon, defeating Medusa with Maka and Chrona and then aid them in the fight, etc., etc.

But,

LostArticulation said:
if anybody but Shinigami beats the Kishin, I will be very disappointed.

Really, agreed. :/
Feb 19, 2009 4:03 PM
May 2008
Great episode. But I'm looking forward to 46 way more than anything right now. Also, read up on 45

Mar 22, 2009 9:44 PM

Sep 2007
I think this episodes proves that Crona is a girl. Even though, I would've liked it better if it were a guy.

I mean, no guy has a chest that round.

Apr 5, 2009 10:46 AM

Jan 2008
This episode was full of actions again. Nice twist, however I would have preferred, if Crona had been able to do sth on her own.
Apr 8, 2009 5:15 PM

Jun 2008
Awesome, but it looks like Crona will get hurt next episode. :(
May 19, 2009 4:14 PM

Apr 2009
Call me a sadist, but I loved the way Medusa "disciplined" Chrona.

Medusa: "Vector Blade. Let's pay some respect to your first rebellious act!"
May 24, 2009 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
Wow! Maka is one B.A.M.F.!

Jun 6, 2009 11:01 PM

May 2008
i rather see what Black Star and Kid is doing but ohh well

Maka, Crona and Marie vs Medusa and Stein not a bad match up though id hope Stein could keep his sanity

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 7, 2009 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
woo .. the next episode seems to be a fight of Maka against Medusa xD cool~

Jul 24, 2009 1:22 PM

Jul 2009
very sugoi episode ...
- mary acts like yachiru ... her sense of finding the right way isn't good at all ^^ yokata her companion is crona instead of kenpachi xD
- medusa's hideout looks very cool indeed
- awesome fight, stein goes really mad, medusa puts out a vector sword LOOOL and then ... damm damm damm ... maka appears xDD
"just take it easy xD"
Oct 11, 2009 1:22 PM

Jul 2009
Predictable that Maka was going to save the day XD
Oct 15, 2009 11:32 AM

May 2009
It wasn't predictable for me, until the very end when Medusa was delivering the final blow. I knew Maka would appear then.

Awesome episode.
Nov 21, 2009 12:41 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode. I loved Medusa's Vector Arrow sword. So cool! But Stein just freaks me out. For a sec there, I actually thought Crona was going to die. Thank God for Maka stepping in at the last moment. But I agree with some of the other guys, it should be Crona that defeats Medusa since it would give the side character a glimpse of the spotlight. She should atleast make the final blow, if anything.
Nov 28, 2009 1:41 PM

Jun 2008
dxthegreat said:

Haha yeah I noticed that too.

I absolutely loved this episode. =] I hope Medusa dies and Crona can attempt to fight some more.. I feel sorry for her. Go Maka!!
HEY!
Dec 15, 2009 1:35 PM

May 2009
Jacut said:
Extremely boring episode with loads of talks, recaps and still indecisive and weak characters. Thanks God Medusa was here to beat the crap out of the Shibusen gang. I'm still amazed by the fact they want to kill Medusa who has been virtually inactive, rather than Arachne and the Kishin who are on the verge of destroying the world. It just totally confuses me how disorganized this scenario can be.
agree it was really boring and stupid
Dec 19, 2009 1:41 AM

Oct 2009
I didn't like this ep at all. Medusa is getting really tiring, but atleast it set itself up for a potentially interesting fight for the next episode.
Jan 31, 2010 2:56 PM

Jul 2007
fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka fuck maka
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 17, 2010 10:20 PM
Nov 2009
Awesome episode! Marie is so adorable when she's fighting :D

Mar 25, 2010 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
so crona and maki are pretty much get owned by medusa and stein respectively, but maka and soul are there now
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 11, 2010 2:33 AM

Dec 2009
Wow , Maka ran half a continent ( forest ,desert,forest , etc. ) >_> and she STILL is in a great form to fight...
Jun 25, 2010 2:26 AM
Apr 2010
I was just happy that Crona wasn't hurt :3
Jul 24, 2010 4:59 PM

Apr 2010
Amazing! Maka's entrance!
I don't really like Stein being like that...I really...don't like it!!
Sep 24, 2010 8:46 PM

Sep 2008
Medusa with a sword is so adorable. <3
How could anyone want to fight her?

Ending was expected though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2011 7:51 AM

Dec 2008
I REALLY HATE Medusa right now!!
Apr 8, 2011 10:12 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 10, 2011 1:54 PM

Jul 2010
maka, coming in at the nick of time, LIKE A BOSS!

Nov 3, 2011 1:46 PM

Sep 2010
Uhh...nobody else was extremely weirded out by that crayon bunny rabbit? o.O
Jan 10, 2012 6:12 AM

Jun 2011
I knew that Maka was going to show up when she did! I can't wait to watch the next episode.
Mar 30, 2012 11:04 PM

Jan 2012
I looove it, I'm so addicted. I don't want it to end D: but I don't want to stop watching. DAMN THIS ANIME!
Aug 28, 2012 1:54 PM

Nov 2009
icerain5645 said:
Uhh...nobody else was extremely weirded out by that crayon bunny rabbit? o.O

Yes it was freaky.

I don't want Maka to do it by herself either, i want to see Chrona kick Medusa's ass!
Oct 18, 2012 11:34 PM

Sep 2011
Man, Crona stood no chance... I should have known. What gave me the idea that this battle was going to be competitive?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 16, 2008

101 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 28, 2008

116 by MORANGA »»
Mar 31, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

614 by Biisoo »»
Mar 30, 1:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.