Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 1, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

It would be different if they met him irl, no woman wants a Manlet...

That's not true. He's just the same height as me. I'll take him.

Lol, short girls are even worse when it comes to being picky about height.

Fact is, somebody like Levi would struggle to get laid at his height.
Oct 1, 2013 8:36 AM
Aug 2011
MikasaxEren said:
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

You have a very shallow idea about life.

Btw I couldn't care less about Levi or another character.
Oct 1, 2013 8:38 AM

Aug 2013
Adramelech said:
MikasaxEren said:
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

You have a very shallow idea about life.

Btw I couldn't care less about Levi or another character.

It's called being realistic, women don't want their boyfriend to look like their son

"Haha omg, he's so short !"

See it all the time, feel bad for my Manlet brahs but it is reality.
Oct 1, 2013 8:40 AM
Aug 2011
The thing I see all the time is people getting along with all kinds of other people, do you live in your own elemantary school or what?
Oct 1, 2013 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
Adramelech said:
The thing I see all the time is people getting along with all kinds of other people, do you live in your own elemantary school or what?

Wat
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 1, 2013 8:42 AM
Aug 2011
Okay I cannot talk to two people with snk avatars at the same time. Even I have a limit.
Oct 1, 2013 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
Adramelech said:

People get along with eachother, but women don't want a man who will try to have sex with her ankles.
Oct 1, 2013 8:45 AM
Aug 2011
Okay.
Oct 1, 2013 8:48 AM

Aug 2013
Adramelech said:
Okay.

You know it's true... Honestly being shorter than 5'6" is like being handicapped for a man.
Oct 1, 2013 9:03 AM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

What was that supposed to mean?

Is getting laid all you can think about?
Oct 1, 2013 9:24 AM

Mar 2010
WalkingMisery said:
I like him, but I don't understand why people are like in love with him. Seems kinda weird.

I wonder why I'm one of those IN LOVE WITH HIM.... ]\

Levi appears...

my.... *Fangirl scream*

Levi: Could you just shut up?

Me: Uwaaaa!!! AHHHH!!!
O.O
Oct 1, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
Because. He's. Awesome. ALWAYS
Oct 1, 2013 9:55 AM

Jun 2011
He became one of my all-time favorite anime characters. I think I could even write a essay with the reasons and breakdown's of all the scenes he was in (and why they made me love him), but since I'm way too lazy for this (nor have much free time these days and plus, that character breakdown posted earlier (I've read it before, but haven't noticed there was chapter 2 back then xD Well, if there was one, that is xD) is rather nice, though I don't agree with absolutely every point, it's a good read xD), I'll try not to make it so long xD

I generally love characters who are more than they seem on the first glance. He is badass (damn strong and skilled and it's always breathtaking to watch him in combat), calm and collected, realistic, sometimes ruthless, doesn't let his emotions get in the way, doesn't get to conclusions without a reasonable proof, reliable, like a soldier should be. But you can still see how much he cares for his comrades, trusts them, respects them, values their lives and efforts, and that he really is dedicated to his mission and ready to fight for their sake, as well. We could see how much of an impact the loss of his squad had on him (and he also got quite emotional while comforting that dying soldier and trying hard to make sure he dies piecefully). And another proof that he has emotions as everyone else (well, just controls them better than most people, but this is probably due to his experiece the most) was the anger he showed while fighting the FT and also his frustration regarding his inability to fight after being injured. He also doesn't blame other people for their failures/blunders. (He's never blamed Mikasa for her stupid mistake during the encounter with the Female Titan (manga: though he did remind her she should control her emotions, so she wouldn't make such mistakes again, but with good intentions), Eren for what happened to his squad (though Eren really wasn't the one at fault for what happened) nor Dieter for the mess with the corpses (What's more, he gave up his only memento of Petra (most likely) in order to comfort him showing how he's ready to put others before himself and how big his heart actually is).) Sure, he's not perfect, he's short, rude (could often be replaced with 'brutally honest', I'll explain, if necessary xD), unapproachable, has OCD (these moments are hillarious xD), but that only shows he's human, as well, with his virtues and faults (and all those faults make her even more loveable xD To me, at least...) :3 And his character design (Though I don't think he was actually meant to be 'a bishie'/good-looking, but somehow, many people (well, girls, mostly xD) got attracted to him and I can understand that, considering I thought of his design as appealing after I saw him for the first time. (chapter 9.5 xD)) and voice (though Kamiyan wasn't always one of my top seiyuu (I've still always loved his voice xD), it's actually mainly because of the voice he uses for Levi (and Trafalgar Law xD)) only come as a bonus ^^
Not sure if I forgot something, but whatever, in case I did, I can always edit the post xD
Kyo-Oct 1, 2013 10:00 AM
Oct 1, 2013 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

Well having offspring is the purpose of life, and to have offspring you have to get laid...

Fact of the matter is, Levi would be seen as an awkward Manlet.
Oct 1, 2013 10:18 AM
Feb 2008
Heiwajima_Mayu said:
He became one of my all-time favorite anime characters. I think I could even write a essay with the reasons and breakdown's of all the scenes he was in (and why they made me love him), but since I'm way too lazy for this (nor have much free time these days and plus, that character breakdown posted earlier (I've read it before, but haven't noticed there was chapter 2 back then xD Well, if there was one, that is xD) is rather nice, though I don't agree with absolutely every point, it's a good read xD), I'll try not to make it so long xD

I generally love characters who are more than they seem on the first glance. He is badass (damn strong and skilled and it's always breathtaking to watch him in combat), calm and collected, realistic, sometimes ruthless, doesn't let his emotions get in the way, doesn't get to conclusions without a reasonable proof, reliable, like a soldier should be. But you can still see how much he cares for his comrades, trusts them, respects them, values their lives and efforts, and that he really is dedicated to his mission and ready to fight for their sake, as well. We could see how much of an impact the loss of his squad had on him (and he also got quite emotional while comforting that dying soldier and trying hard to make sure he dies piecefully). And another proof that he has emotions as everyone else (well, just controls them better than most people, but this is probably due to his experiece the most) was the anger he showed while fighting the FT and also his frustration regarding his inability to fight after being injured. He also doesn't blame other people for their failures/blunders. (He's never blamed Mikasa for her stupid mistake during the encounter with the Female Titan (manga: though he did remind her she should control her emotions, so she wouldn't make such mistakes again, but with good intentions), Eren for what happened to his squad (though Eren really wasn't the one at fault for what happened) nor Dieter for the mess with the corpses (What's more, he gave up his only memento of Petra (most likely) in order to comfort him showing how he's ready to put others before himself and how big his heart actually is).) Sure, he's not perfect, he's short, rude (could often be replaced with 'brutally honest', I'll explain, if necessary xD), unapproachable, has OCD (these moments are hillarious xD), but that only shows he's human, as well, with his virtues and faults (and all those faults make her even more loveable xD To me, at least...) :3 And his character design (Though I don't think he was actually meant to be 'a bishie'/good-looking, but somehow, many people (well, girls, mostly xD) got attracted to him and I can understand that, considering I thought of his design as appealing after I saw him for the first time. (chapter 9.5 xD)) and voice (though Kamiyan wasn't always one of my top seiyuu (I've still always loved his voice xD), it's actually mainly because of the voice he uses for Levi (and Trafalgar Law xD)) only come as a bonus ^^
Not sure if I forgot something, but whatever, in case I did, I can always edit the post xD

That's a great description of him. I actually copied your text because it will be really helpful to me when I write him in fanfictions. Hope you don't mind. ^^"
Oct 1, 2013 10:22 AM

Jul 2012
"Why do people like Levi so much"?
I had the very same question about Mikasa.
Why do people like Mikasa so much?

Regardless it depends on the person. I think Levi is outrageously badass despite having a few action screentime whereas Mikasa is just...well, cool but not important.
Unrelated but who gives a shit nowadays.
Oct 1, 2013 10:23 AM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

Well having offspring is the purpose of life, and to have offspring you have to get laid...

Fact of the matter is, Levi would be seen as an awkward Manlet.

I am flexible.
Oct 1, 2013 10:41 AM

Jun 2011
Lirina said:

That's a great description of him. I actually copied your text because it will be really helpful to me when I write him in fanfictions. Hope you don't mind. ^^"

Heh, of course I don't mind :3
In fact, I'm glad if it can be useful to someone ^^ (Hope to read some of them sometime in the future x3)
At first I was wondering whether if it was already too long and if it's going to turn people off from reading it xD I can't help it, I love heichou too much xD
Oct 1, 2013 10:51 AM

Aug 2011
Maybe because it's the only example of "awesomeness" which these newcomers can relate to. The friend i introduced to anime with this series is exactly the same lol.

If this was the first or second anime i had ever watched, i would be the same most likely. Watch over 10-20 to the end and you have whole new concept of quality.
stefemanOct 1, 2013 11:01 AM
Oct 1, 2013 10:55 AM

Jul 2011
stefeman said:
If this was the first or second anime i had ever watched, i would be the same most likely. Watch over 10-20 to the end and you have whole new concept of quality.

So, how many more anime should I watch before i stop to consider him awesome?
Oct 1, 2013 10:56 AM
Sep 2013
I love him too! (not gay)
He's a cool guy. I like the way how he speaks, his tone and how disinterested he looks when he speaks. He is so freakin cold and doesnt seem to have feelings. Just when Auruo and the others died it looked like he was sad and angry. I have trained to speak and watch like Levi. xD Oh yeah, I'm feeling cool right now.
Oct 1, 2013 10:59 AM

Aug 2011
pralan said:
stefeman said:

Enough to grasp a wider knowledge, that hes not the only awesome character :)

Personally i don't consider him awesome. I guess i need to be a fanboy for that. Sure hes not too bad either. Beats Eren for sure lol
Oct 1, 2013 11:02 AM

Jul 2011
stefeman said:
pralan said:
stefeman said:

Enough to grasp a wider knowledge, that hes not the only awesome character :)

Personally i don't consider him awesome. I guess i need to be a fanboy for that. Sure hes not too bad either. Beats Eren any time lol

Interesting, so how more?
Enlighten me
Oct 1, 2013 11:06 AM

Aug 2011
pralan said:

The question is NOT whetever if he is liked over others or not, but rather why he is so popular when there are plenty of choices out there.

My answer was simply about a theory of the first timers who hype this series like there's no better.

Should you still think of him being awesome, that counts as confirmed option then. You are aware of other series/characters which means you are not a first timer i speak about :P
Oct 1, 2013 11:07 AM

Jul 2013
Limonene said:
Because. He's. Awesome. ALWAYS

Yep.
But also because he so self-possessed, calm, self-conscious and composed.
Sometimes he's statements make my laugh (when he was with Eren on the beggining of 24 episode XDD). And he's ability to assess the situation. He always do it so calm and cool. He can not get carried away by his own emotions. That's way people like Levi so much.

In my own opinion he's also hot and everything what he do i also sooooo sooooo sooooo hoooot :3 (but it's only my opinion)
We're all mad here
Oct 1, 2013 11:08 AM

Jun 2013
Because fangirls.

That, and badassery.
Oct 1, 2013 11:12 AM
Jul 2013
stefeman said:
pralan said:

The question is NOT whetever if he is liked over others or not, but rather why he is so popular when there are plenty of choices out there.

My answer was simply about a theory of the first timers who hype this series like there's no better.

Well I have seen many animes maybe only more than 100, but he is no doubt the one on the top list alright.
Oct 1, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
yuquall said:

Well I have seen many animes maybe only more than 100, but he is no doubt the one on the top list alright.

Well, we all have different tastes. You are aware of alternatives and made ur choice. But most of the people who started with this show are not. That MAY explain why so many loves Levi over anything else lol
Oct 1, 2013 11:15 AM

Jul 2013
Kidele said:
"Why do people like Levi so much"?
I had the very same question about Mikasa.
Why do people like Mikasa so much?

Regardless it depends on the person. I think Levi is outrageously badass despite having a few action screentime whereas Mikasa is just...well, cool but not important.
Unrelated but who gives a shit nowadays.

I dont't like Mikasa so much. She's neutral for me. I'm closer to don't like her than to like her.
I think i never love her. She's soooo emo. XD (i don't careif she's emo or not. I love Sasuke u know and he's also an emo so i think that fact she's kind of emo-emo-girl >.< doesn't play big role xD)
We're all mad here
Oct 1, 2013 11:42 AM
Sep 2009
He is not my fave but I like him because behind that cold demeanour is actually a very caring person.
Besides he is strong and not afraid to say what he thinks.
Oct 1, 2013 8:50 PM
Jul 2013
stefeman said:
yuquall said:

Well, we all have different tastes. You are aware of alternatives and made ur choice. But most of the people who started with this show are not. That MAY explain why so many loves Levi over anything else lol

I see what you mean. I admit that even I didn't expect he could be this much popular among girls.
Oct 1, 2013 9:18 PM

Jan 2010
Beaver897 said:

yuquall said:

Heiwajima_Mayu said:

This ^ people this ^
Oct 2, 2013 3:48 AM

Jul 2013
Because Kamiya Hiroshi (his voice actor) instantly makes any character he voices about 10x more desirable than they would be normally (i.e. pervy Araragi, sadist Izaya, girly Tieria, weirdo Mephisto, perfect Natsume, etc). Then there's the gap moe and how he'll deliver the most ridiculous insults without changing his face.

(눈_눈) - hey u shitty brat
(눈_눈) - lookit all these bigass trees
(눈_눈) - r u constipated or something
(눈_눈) - ur beard sux

:D
(눈_눈)
Oct 2, 2013 10:05 AM

Oct 2010
^ 100% the gap moe.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Oct 2, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
I like him because of Kamiya.

katarin said:
Because Kamiya Hiroshi (his voice actor) instantly makes any character he voices about 10x more desirable than they would be normally (i.e. pervy Araragi, sadist Izaya, girly Tieria, weirdo Mephisto, perfect Natsume, etc). Then there's the gap moe and how he'll deliver the most ridiculous insults without changing his face.

(눈_눈) - hey u shitty brat
(눈_눈) - lookit all these bigass trees
(눈_눈) - r u constipated or something
(눈_눈) - ur beard sux

:D
NemuriNezumiOct 2, 2013 5:07 PM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 2, 2013 8:49 PM

Mar 2013
Aside from everyone else's Super Deep reasons, I think it's probably because of his The Reason You Suck speeches, compounded by his flamboyant badassery and constipation jokes; all of which he manages while sporting his disdainful "I am not entertained" expression.

Also, as I understand it, the last part apparently makes him a prime target for Yaoi fan fiction as well.
To his credit, this coming from a straight male, he does make the Recon outfit look good.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Oct 3, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2012
MikasaxEren said:
Adramelech said:
Okay.

You know it's true... Honestly being shorter than 5'6" is like being handicapped for a man.

It's a disadvantage, yes but the fact that you think short men don't date, get married and reproduce despite that is mind-blowing to me.

On topic, Levi is probably my favorite character in the show for many of the reasons that have already been listed but he hasn't had enough development yet for me to consider him one of my favorite anime characters of all time.
Oct 3, 2013 11:54 PM

Aug 2013
gettogaara said:
MikasaxEren said:
Adramelech said:
Okay.

It's a disadvantage, yes but the fact that you think short men don't date, get married and reproduce despite that is mind-blowing to me.

On topic, Levi is probably my favorite character in the show for many of the reasons that have already been listed but he hasn't had enough development yet for me to consider him one of my favorite anime characters of all time.

Of course short guys get some, they're just a second choice to taller men though. Height stops being an issue for a man in the US at around 5'8" ish, anything below 5'5" and you're playing life on hard mode.
Oct 4, 2013 12:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
He was the only guy in the anime that was actually cool
Oct 4, 2013 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
beyblade let it rip
Oct 4, 2013 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
He's quiet, extremely strong, super serious, violent, and rude.
Which is apparently popular, as this is in some ways similar to Mikasa.

I don't like Levi. I hate him. He's way too rude and mean to Eren. I hate how little compassion he shows. I hate how he threatens to kill Eren if he does something wrong (despite the fact that its obvious Eren isn't evil), and I hate how he attacks Eren. I hate that he doesn't show much emotion. Plus he just kind of showed up one episode without viewers getting to know him.
Oct 13, 2013 2:46 PM

Aug 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:
Because I'm allowed to like whatever I want.

Same :)
Oct 14, 2013 4:50 PM

Jul 2013
Houndthree said:
Not because of his haircut that's for sure.

This.
Oct 15, 2013 4:46 AM

Oct 2013
Well, unfortunately he is the perfect bait for fangirls. Since fangirls make up the majority and loudest parts of fandom... of course we'll hear the most from them.

He has his flaws and I kinda think he's kinda overrated, but Levi is a pretty likable character beneath the surface. Levi genuinely cares about his comrades. He doesn't even try to hide it. He straight up grabbed the dying soldiers hands and told him his death would serve as motivation to kill the titans. He didn't have to grab his bloodied hand (since he's OCD and blood is filthy to him) but he did it to be of comfort to the soldier.

I heard someone refer to him as a cathartic character, which I also agree is part of the appeal. You know you don't have to worry if Levi is around, because he's humanities strongest. He can take titans down with ease in a world where people die easily. He doesn't lose his cool in any circumstance. When his squad died he didn't freak out. He was able to stick to the mission. In fact he had to pull Mikasa away from her blood lust and try to get her focused. If Levi hadn't caught up with her and protected her she would have died too. Levi has shown even if the world is falling apart around him he can maintain focus, which as I said, is cathartic in SnK where most characters freak out, rage, or piss their pants in fear in situations like that.

It's obvious Levi has witnessed many deaths of comrades. I highly doubt this squad was the first time he's experienced the death of friends. And yet he still doesn't become someone who is jaded or unaffected by death. He's shown he's the kind of man who would put his own life at risk to save someone else. Even though he probably knows he's the strongest soldier he doesn't undervalue anyone else nor view his life as more important than anyone else. He's always considerate of his subordinates and not wanting their deaths to be in vain.

It also seems he doesn't want other people to experience the death of a close one. He is traumatized he has to tell Petra's father his daughter is dead after hearing him being so happy and proud of her. Or in the forest with Mikasa, Levi was convinced Eren was already dead and it might be pointless to engage the female titan again but when he realized Mikasa was Eren's childhood friend and she was convinced he was still alive he believed her and went through with the rescue attempt.

On the flip side there is still some mystery to his character. It would be interesting to know more about his past. He does have a bit of a dark streak as demonstrated while threatening the female titan when she was tied down. Then there is his open contempt of the government and military police. There is a lot left to be learned about his character and how he became who he is today.

His relationship with Erwin is interesting. His blind loyalty to the point he trusts Erwins judgement over his own is something that would be interesting to see expanded on.

But I guess what I'm trying to say that in a lot of ways I think Levi is easily likable to fans because he is good towards his comrades and capable of fighting enemies that seem insurmountable. Mikasa and Eren are main characters yet they seem more one-track minded and only focus on one goal (they are young hopefully they will develop more past that), whereas Levi has shown more consideration towards others and still manages to be badass.

It's funny because my first impression of Levi was 'oh he's like Sasuke' but is way wrong. And while it's true Levi looks the part of this detached elite who doesn't care about anyone else, he is surprisingly compassionate. Even better that he doesn't try to play it off to maintain this untouchable persona, he is just naturally stoic due to his years of experience.
Oct 30, 2013 8:27 AM

Jul 2009
because he can transform into fvcking strong beyblade?
For me, because he's so damn strong and can keep cool head at the same time
The only character that "It's OK" in SnK (yeah, MC is suck, and Mikasa just too clingy)

dat battle vs Female Titan is the most enjoyable battle in SnK
Nov 15, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2012
Well, he's cool, handsome and strong. Still, I like Eren better. I don't really get why people hate Eren so much..
Nov 15, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2012
mapotofuu said:
Well, he's cool, handsome and strong. Still, I like Eren better. I don't really get why people hate Eren so much..

I think people hate Eren because he rages too much
Nov 15, 2013 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
Battlechili1 said:
He's quiet, extremely strong, super serious, violent, and rude.
Which is apparently popular, as this is in some ways similar to Mikasa.

I don't like Levi. I hate him. He's way too rude and mean to Eren. I hate how little compassion he shows. I hate how he threatens to kill Eren if he does something wrong (despite the fact that its obvious Eren isn't evil), and I hate how he attacks Eren. I hate that he doesn't show much emotion. Plus he just kind of showed up one episode without viewers getting to know him.

I love you.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

41 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Yesterday, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.