Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 21, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2013
He's a badass who doesn't panic even in the most fearsome situations and keeps his cool. He believes in his comrades and tries his best to protect them. He also knows that there's not one correct decision one can make and everyone has to choose his way for himself.

Overall he's a really cool character, though I thought that I won't like him at all first!
Jan 6, 2015 3:24 PM
Jun 2011
Vhailor said:
Probably because he's level headed and the only character on the show that doesn't melodramatically freak out over the smallest things. What I don't get is why people like the potato girl so much.

People like the Potato Girl because she has no f's to give. Nonchalance is always an interesting character trait.
Jan 6, 2015 3:26 PM

Feb 2013
Yonaka-chan said:
There are 10 reasons if we want to list :

*shivers*

People like him because they can't appreciate the best male character in the series Armin.

Jan 21, 2015 7:35 AM

Dec 2014
Beaver897 said:
Because I feel sorry for him. Think about it. It's probably the perfect way to show how painful it is to be the 'best' soldier of humanity in SnK's universe. He's a human that values life so much and does his job of killing Titans so that he can save lives of both civilians and his own comrades.

But that's where it hurts for him. Since he's the best soldier out there, there's no doubt that he can protect himself. But the same can't be said for most of his other comrades who aren't as good as him. He can't always be there to protect them. While he can keep himself alive, more and more of his men keep dying to the point that his emotions have become numb enough that he's able to keep a straight face while each death is gnawing at him on the inside.

The worst thing, though, is how he's caught in a spiral that he can't run away from anymore. He can't stop fighting the Titans, because it will only put the deaths of his comrades in vain if he decides to run away. But while he keeps on fighting Titans, it'll just end up with him seeing more painful deaths, like his own squad in Ep. 21, without having any kind of payback or revenge for their deaths. The only results that he will see most isn't of the victories that the sacrifices of mankind has made; it's of the useless deaths that the ones who are alive must trample on to deceive themselves that each death was a sacrifice.

*applause*
Aug 1, 2015 4:04 AM
Aug 2015
- I like his hair

- He's badass

- He like cleaning

- He hit Eren

- He's hot

- Sad background
Sep 13, 2015 2:25 AM
Sep 2015
Beaver897 said:
Because I feel sorry for him. Think about it. It's probably the perfect way to show how painful it is to be the 'best' soldier of humanity in SnK's universe. He's a human that values life so much and does his job of killing Titans so that he can save lives of both civilians and his own comrades.

But that's where it hurts for him. Since he's the best soldier out there, there's no doubt that he can protect himself. But the same can't be said for most of his other comrades who aren't as good as him. He can't always be there to protect them. While he can keep himself alive, more and more of his men keep dying to the point that his emotions have become numb enough that he's able to keep a straight face while each death is gnawing at him on the inside.

The worst thing, though, is how he's caught in a spiral that he can't run away from anymore. He can't stop fighting the Titans, because it will only put the deaths of his comrades in vain if he decides to run away. But while he keeps on fighting Titans, it'll just end up with him seeing more painful deaths, like his own squad in Ep. 21, without having any kind of payback or revenge for their deaths. The only results that he will see most isn't of the victories that the sacrifices of mankind has made; it's of the useless deaths that the ones who are alive must trample on to deceive themselves that each death was a sacrifice.

Incredible, I never thought that he can be like that but you are right, poor levi
Sep 13, 2015 9:39 AM
Aug 2013
I didn't like him so much until I started reading manga. In manga he's more talkative and also have more opportunities to show his personality.
Sep 24, 2015 5:39 PM

Jun 2015
hes freaking badass
"We don't have a choice.
The World is cruel."

Sep 25, 2015 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
Gator said:
He's a badass who doesn't panic even in the most fearsome situations and keeps his cool. He believes in his comrades and tries his best to protect them. He also knows that there's not one correct decision one can make and everyone has to choose his way for himself.

For this reasons, more or less. I like Levi, he's cool, badass and voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya. It's hard to dislike him.
Oct 11, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2014
Because He's a real badass,
Has only one Expression,
He's Humanity Best Soldier

And Not to mention He's a Clean Freak
Mar 28, 2016 2:53 AM
Mar 2016
i think it's becase he's strong, handsome, genius and a bit cold but he kinda lacks intensity
Life is a piano, the white keys are happiness and the black keys are sadness, you should play both to hear the sound of life
&
you mustn't ever give up or run away from anything
no matter how embrassed you may be
or who might laugh at you
if u give up you'll never be able to move forward from there
Mar 30, 2016 6:27 AM

Jun 2014
Am I the only around here prefer Ervin over Levi?
Apr 1, 2016 3:21 PM

Nov 2014
Well I guess people like badass characters... I like him because of his rational way of thinking though

Apr 4, 2016 10:24 AM
Nov 2015
Markcolloway said:
Because He's a real badass,
Has only one Expression,
He's Humanity Best Soldier

And Not to mention He's a Clean Freak

I sooooo agree. Although this anime is filled with many characters with strong personalities.....its just incomplete without Levi.
Apr 7, 2016 10:56 AM
Aug 2015
I personally thought he was nothing special until I watched the OVAs.

In a world where almost every single character is yelling their lungs out in horror, it's nice to see someone do the opposite once in a while, so I guess that's where the appeal comes from. Also, people are suckers for emotionless characters, although Levi is a bit different in my book.
Apr 10, 2016 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
Gikiseima said:
Am I the only around here prefer Ervin over Levi?

No, my fav is Erwin, as well. I might prefer Pixis (too) over Levi, but it's difficult to consider because Pixis had until now much fewer appearance in the manga.

Levi is a good character. I like his 'dark' humor, also the fact is funny that most of his jokes include 'shit' or so. :D
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Apr 10, 2016 1:12 PM

Nov 2014
He is a fujobait, nothing else.

Apr 10, 2016 3:02 PM
Apr 2016
I agree. I don't absolutely hate him, but it's kind of hard not to dislike after the scene when he beats up Eren.
May 13, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2014
Shicchi said:
yuquall said:

Wow.. ^ touching.
That too and I respect him so much. He would have been better off going solo, but he still looks after and protects his comrades whenever he can. He knows he's the strongest and people are relying on him, so in a way he can't just always follow his heart but has to put the greater good on the top most of the time.

Some people say he is emotionless and doesn't say much, but to me his emotionless says much more than anything. There is so much going on behind that cool face and quiet demeanours. He is not yet like Erwin. But situations demand him to appear so.

People, read this^. I believe most, if not, all of his fans loved him because of this^. About his looks, hair, trait, is very subjective, people free to like and dislike it, but Idk, I just have a feeling that all levi's fans share same opinion about this one^. I, loved him because I just respect him so much. I'm not a fan of short guy, nor fans of kamiya voice. I also think levi's hair is somewhat ugly(sorry! X9). I loved eren, he is my fav chara in the series, but after levi's appeared, especially in the whole expedition beyond the wall arc, I started to love him so much, and can't help but respect and sympathize. So, I think he won't have this many fans if he only have stoic, badass, strongest, kamiya, hair, only. And being a clean freak is always a plus, lol.

Exactly. i don't like him cuz he's short and stoic and whatever, I like him because he's a great Captain. He cares about his comrades, but know not to let his emotions control his actions. Someone got caught by the titan? If he saves them because he cares, he might stall everyone and may result in even more deaths. So for the greater good, he forced himself to act cold and heartless, when in truth, he is a compassionate leader (like how he told a dying comrade his spirit will always be in him, and how he got the insignia from the corpse and gave it to the friend, who thought levi is cruel for not letting him get back the corpse).

Levi is a much better leader than some of the shitty superiors I've seen in the military.

Kyo- said:
He became one of my all-time favorite anime characters. I think I could even write a essay with the reasons and breakdown's of all the scenes he was in (and why they made me love him), but since I'm way too lazy for this (nor have much free time these days and plus, that character breakdown posted earlier (I've read it before, but haven't noticed there was chapter 2 back then xD Well, if there was one, that is xD) is rather nice, though I don't agree with absolutely every point, it's a good read xD), I'll try not to make it so long xD

I generally love characters who are more than they seem on the first glance. He is badass (damn strong and skilled and it's always breathtaking to watch him in combat), calm and collected, realistic, sometimes ruthless, doesn't let his emotions get in the way, doesn't get to conclusions without a reasonable proof, reliable, like a soldier should be. But you can still see how much he cares for his comrades, trusts them, respects them, values their lives and efforts, and that he really is dedicated to his mission and ready to fight for their sake, as well. We could see how much of an impact the loss of his squad had on him (and he also got quite emotional while comforting that dying soldier and trying hard to make sure he dies piecefully). And another proof that he has emotions as everyone else (well, just controls them better than most people, but this is probably due to his experiece the most) was the anger he showed while fighting the FT and also his frustration regarding his inability to fight after being injured. He also doesn't blame other people for their failures/blunders. (He's never blamed Mikasa for her stupid mistake during the encounter with the Female Titan (manga: though he did remind her she should control her emotions, so she wouldn't make such mistakes again, but with good intentions), Eren for what happened to his squad (though Eren really wasn't the one at fault for what happened) nor Dieter for the mess with the corpses (What's more, he gave up his only memento of Petra (most likely) in order to comfort him showing how he's ready to put others before himself and how big his heart actually is).) Sure, he's not perfect, he's short, rude (could often be replaced with 'brutally honest', I'll explain, if necessary xD), unapproachable, has OCD (these moments are hillarious xD), but that only shows he's human, as well, with his virtues and faults (and all those faults make her even more loveable xD To me, at least...) :3 And his character design (Though I don't think he was actually meant to be 'a bishie'/good-looking, but somehow, many people (well, girls, mostly xD) got attracted to him and I can understand that, considering I thought of his design as appealing after I saw him for the first time. (chapter 9.5 xD)) and voice (though Kamiyan wasn't always one of my top seiyuu (I've still always loved his voice xD), it's actually mainly because of the voice he uses for Levi (and Trafalgar Law xD)) only come as a bonus ^^
Not sure if I forgot something, but whatever, in case I did, I can always edit the post xD

damn you took the words right out of my mouth

DarkCyclone said:
He's the stoic badass. His character archetype is universally loved by the generic anime watcher. Tbh though I do love how direct he is with his insults. When he told that guy he was almost as pathetic as his beard I literally cried. And of course, sonic the fucking hedgehog
shakespeare should take a lesson under levi. learn some better insults to use in his plays.
MagicalGirlLife said:
I agree. I don't absolutely hate him, but it's kind of hard not to dislike after the scene when he beats up Eren.

he did it to save eren
ttcchenMay 13, 2016 1:58 AM
May 13, 2016 1:31 AM

Mar 2014
Because he's the lone male badass since every other male is fodder.
May 16, 2016 1:46 AM

Jan 2010
Adramelech said:
He is a pretty cliché character, guess certain extent of fandom blinds people's eyes for this fact.

Is liking a cliche character bad? :/
What's wrong with cliches? :>
May 16, 2016 5:46 AM

Oct 2014
Two reasons:
1- He's a forced badass. The story gives you no choice but to think that he's the strongest character in the series. Which is bad writing by the way, since it devalues the efforts of the other soldiers.
2- A complete lack of personality so that fangirls can project their fantasies onto him.
This same reasoning (on a smaller scale) can be applied to why Mikasa is popular. Though Mikasa carries the additional burden of being the feminist superwoman, which makes her even less likeable.

TL;DR: Annie Leonhardt is ten times more interesting than every other character in SnK combined.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
May 21, 2016 9:22 AM
May 2015
He is one of those characters that apparently doesn't give a shit but in the past has had its traumas and that's why he keeps his emotions to himself. Other than he's back story, he's also badass af. In the few fights he's in he completely wrecks titan ass (in the OVA too) and in general he is very similar to the character of Mikasa in terms of skill, but with tons more experience. Also, he's obsessed with cleaning and that is weird and funny.
May 21, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
if you love sadistic quiet badass characters
then you will love it
May 21, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Because of his amazing cleaning skills
May 24, 2016 2:19 AM

Feb 2016
Because he's badass. No one could kill titans as well as he can.

I personally think he's the most emotional character despite of his stoic and cold demeanor. He develops the ability to control his emotions from past experiences. Letting your emotions get the better of you would lead to irrational decisions. Just because he kept an almost expressionless front doesn't mean he's heartless. Normally people who are like this are those who have gone through the most traumatic experiences in their lives and have faced a repetitive cycle of losing people and things they care and value.

And about his "brutally honest" character, it's the result of his upbringing since he used to live a thug life. He was taught of Survival of the fittest and no one was there to teach him of moral values and discipline. Also, Isayama said in his interview that Levi has a difficulty in expressing his thoughts with words that he needed Hanji to interpret it for the others.
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
May 24, 2016 2:25 AM

Sep 2015
Because he' a stoic OP character
May 24, 2016 2:30 AM

Mar 2016
He is badass, he took down the female titan sonic hedgehog style lmao . The fact that he isn't emotionless is a plus . Not a fan of the stoic badass character . And I'm glad Levi showed some emotions .
May 24, 2016 6:51 AM

May 2010
He's short and cute, but also badass and serious when in action. What's not to love?

Also, he's voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya, who makes each of his characters super cool.
May 31, 2016 6:49 PM
May 2016
Because think of how much he lost and I love Levi because he is a grate person. He been thro to much to were he learns to hide the deaths to the good men and women wile it still lingers in his hart.
I see good in Levi: like when the books (Valume 19 or 18) he saved Armin from some one trying to kill him (turning to to the armored)
I cant really list the people down just Levi is a good person who lost every thing, his friends Elizabeth I belevie was her name.
His mother, father, friends, and his love for Petra, Petra was smashed by a tree on the female titan episode. I love this show because most of the people lost every thing they have to look forward to and that the men and women fight there lives off and Levi saves most of the people he can without dieing
Most people today think Levi is ganna die S2. I belevie if he dies about %20 or higher peopel will stop waching attack on titan or even anime!
May 31, 2016 7:02 PM
May 2014
MAny people related to a short fiery person.
"If I combine a gun and a knife.I'll create a gunknife."
Jun 21, 2016 1:42 AM

Nov 2015
Because Eren couldn't attract the audience as much as Levi can. Levi's character is like a perfect badass and a perfect hero <3
Oct 12, 2017 6:41 AM
Jun 2017
I know that I'm 4 years late...

The (My) SMOL BEAN touched my heart. He's an anime character that'll make you think about Life. It's a first for me, so he left the biggest impact out of all the SnK characters.

And, I really find him attractive, even in the manga (honestly, really).
Oct 12, 2017 6:46 AM

Jun 2016
My reasons:

1. Because he's Levi.
2. He's smol.
3. He's badass.
4. He's smol.
5. Because he's Levi.
6. Hiroshi Kamiya.
7. His backstory.
8. He's smol.
9. Badfuckingass
10. Hiroshi Kamiya.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 12, 2017 6:47 AM

Jan 2013
Because gnomes are somewhat cute, I guess....?
Oct 17, 2017 9:29 AM
Oct 2016
Because Levi is short and a clean freak 😁😁😁
Also he is strong... It's like liking a strong hero when you watch an anime...
Nov 23, 2017 10:34 PM
Nov 2017
Maybe they're attracted to him because he's a sadistic/"overpowered" and too perfect. Also, he's a respectable captain. Aff
Dec 1, 2017 3:24 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I agree with you OP. Of all the male characters in anime I know of, he and sebastian are the most overrated to me. I don't and will never understand his appeal. Plus, he's not hot and I've seen more attractive characters than him. And also, Feitan from HxH >>>>>>> Levi.
Dec 11, 2017 9:54 PM
Dec 2017
I really like him because of the manga... i can't say anything else though since that would be a Spoiler
Dec 20, 2017 12:09 AM
Jul 2010
People need to wait for Season 3 which will cover Levi backstory before deciding if his popularity is justify. All i can say i respected him a lot for what he has went through.
Apr 22, 2018 8:34 PM
Apr 2018
What is there to not like about him? He is an amazing cleaner, he cooks, he is literally Humanity's Strongest soldier, and he has a big heart of gold. He may seem cold to people, but deep down he truly cares. His soft side has been shown multiple times, first when he put aside his hatred for being dirty to hold the bloody hand of a dying soldier to give him comfort until he died. Next he saved Eren's life by beating him in the court room, and later asked if he hated him (which Eren said he didn't and Levi was glad about it (SO CANON)), and then later he saved Eren again from the Female Titan (while retaining a broken leg), and then gave a soldier Petra's wings of freedom crest and said it was the soldiers dead friends. He gave him the last piece of one of his own teammates to give a man some comfort. Levi is so sweet, it's incredible. If you really take a look at his character, you'll see there's alot more to Levi than meets the eye.
Apr 22, 2018 9:05 PM

Feb 2018
Definitely one of the best AoT characters in terms of backstory and usefulness. He aint a mary sue, he does have emotions, he just hides it. He will be the main character in the upcoming seasons.
Apr 24, 2018 12:11 AM
Jan 2018
Because im into cold, strong and quiet guys HHASHHAHSAHAHAHA.He's really cool and I hope they put more of his fighting scenes.
May 10, 2018 1:29 AM

Feb 2018
I like him because of one fight In the manga (s3)
May 10, 2018 1:38 AM

Nov 2016
Because he is an amazing cleaner. He is the best maid
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.