Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 25, 2021 10:42 AM
Dec 2019
It's like what was said before; you become vulnerable when you finally have something to lose. Casshern didn't have anything to lose before. You can say he couldn't die because he wasn't really alive. He was just a feral beast. Llyuze was similar; only living for revenge. But now that she's seen the field of flowers, she becomes all too aware of her own mortality. Ostensibly the field of flowers represents her dream of her future with Casshern, but it could just be a hope for a better future in general. And when you raise your spirits in hope, you're susceptible for a fall into despair.

I agree with Seabury here. When I first watched Wolf's Rain, I focused on all its flaws in plot, pace, and characterization. I had read a Youtube comment on the review that said something along the lines of, "I can critique plot, characters, and themes as well as anybody, but at some point, I said, this is art". Casshern Sins is really rough around the edges, but goddamn it has some of the most striking, beautiful imagery I've ever seen in a story.

Maybe I may still condemn it if it jumps the shark in the remaining episodes, but as of now I'm willing to forgive the flaws in the first 19 episodes.

I will say this, though. Slow pacing and episodic storylines are not inherent flaws in themselves. If you have great music and visuals to fill the blank spaces, slow pacing isn't that bad. Similarly, if the episodic stories are memorable and worth revisiting, then they justify their inclusion.
Jan 12, 2022 3:20 PM

Dec 2015
Sooo... another Lyuze episode, where she's still not over the loss of her reason to keep living. And of course, the decay process speeds up (because of it?), and she'll soon enough be reaching the state of the robots who had no more will to live. (I thought trading hers for "staying with Casshern until I'm in pieces" would resolve the problem but it doesn't seem so.)

(By the way, where the hell were the pet and the baby?)

4/5
Now, the closer they come, the less "immortal" Casshern will be?

Double episode focused on a side character inner debates, hum? Sudden but nice change. But it doesn't bode well for the series. (Expecting the "quest" to fail or a lack of conclusion.) It's also weird because this kind of stuff usually happens for several characters, and doesn't spend several eps on a single one.

PS: my God, if it keeps like that, it might make me feel guilty about myself. It's already weird enough to be personally lectured by a fiction, animated or not.
Jun 3, 2022 9:02 AM

Feb 2021
That was really deep. Still boring how they're repeating the same plot points over
Dec 31, 2022 6:22 AM

Jan 2015
I think the song is starting to be overused. It's a beautiful song but it's starting to get repetitive, and almost ruin the moment.

Other than that I loved this episode. Lyuzes existentialism and suffering is heartbreaking to watch. I want her to be happy, and live long, and be with Casshern, and feel tough as a fighter. She sees the potential for that life and now shes falling apart and I swear to fucking god if she dies I will cry my eyes out. This show started out focused on Casshern but as we focus on Lyuze and her emotions I am starting to think she makes maybe an even better main character. Maybe I love the tragedy. Gosh this is making me emotional. I just want it to work out for everyone. It better. I don't want Lyuze to be let down.
Aug 13, 2023 7:16 PM
Aug 2023
very slow and philosophical. goes into depth on why lucy(?) is now willing to trust and worth with Casshern, which is appreciated as their dynamic was difficult to discern.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.