Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2013 1:21 AM
Jun 2013
I think they will rather make it in only one Rin's route, though that will be pretty bad. As I said before, there wasn't any loop in the first season after a route ended, thus I guess they won't do one into the two Rin's route since they shared the same (long) begining.
Oct 2, 2013 4:35 AM

Sep 2013
I just want to see when Rin asks Riki to date her, I want to see Riki's reaction! :D
Oct 2, 2013 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
I just want to see when Rin asks Riki to date her, I want to see Riki's reaction! :D
Hell yeah XD but if rin asks riki to date her on the 4th episode, wouldn't that be a bit rushed since in the first season they didnt really hav any romance development :/
Oct 2, 2013 8:44 PM

Jul 2011
So if this season is 26 episodes long, then Refrain is going to be dragged way out. If we assume it's 13 episodes long though, then that is 3 for Yuiko's route, 3~ for Rin's route, and then dedicate the rest to Refrain, which would actually be a pretty good length at 7~ episodes.

It might actually be good in the long run, since that means that since there are few episodes, the animation and art would both be improved over the first season (assuming it has the same budget anyway).

Plus if it is short and it sucks, we only have 3 months to endure instead of 6 and a half.

Sounds like a win/win!
Oct 2, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2012
I'm theorizing that they're going to include some common route in Rin's arc rather than going straight to the sister's school part. Refrain has enough material to span 13-15 episodes, as After Story was a similar length in the VN and spanned 14 episodes (9-22) in the 2nd season of Clannad. Although, much of Refrain can be easily condensed compared to After Story, so it will likely be shorter than that.

If the producers/scriptwriter are competent, they'll use the 2nd season to try and develop the main 5 Little Busters and their relationship, rather than trying to squeeze Kurugaya's route, Rin's route, and Refrain together consecutively.
People aren't going to care for characters who barely appeared in the first season, and having straightforward dramatic arcs involving them is going to have the same issues that the first season of Little Busters had.

Little Busters develops characters primarily through their comedy slice of life and familiarity in the common route, and when people are thrown into a dramatic arc like Komari's at episode 4, they're not entirely convinced that they should care for the character. While LB's routes were very dramatic, they're relatively short and self-contained stories compared to other nakige VN routes.

They should use the 2nd season and the better budget to make the main 5 Little Busters memorable before Refrain starts, if they really want the show to succeed.
I just wonder if they actually realize this.
Oct 2, 2013 10:08 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
I'm theorizing that they're going to include some common route in Rin's arc rather than going straight to the sister's school part. Refrain has enough material to span 13-15 episodes, as After Story was a similar length in the VN and spanned 14 episodes (9-22) in the 2nd season of Clannad. Although, much of Refrain can be easily condensed compared to After Story, so it will likely be shorter than that.

If the producers/scriptwriter are competent, they'll use the 2nd season to try and develop the main 5 Little Busters and their relationship, rather than trying to squeeze Kurugaya's route, Rin's route, and Refrain together consecutively.
People aren't going to care for characters who barely appeared in the first season, and having straightforward dramatic arcs involving them is going to have the same issues that the first season of Little Busters had.

Little Busters develops characters primarily through their comedy slice of life and familiarity in the common route, and when people are thrown into a dramatic arc like Komari's at episode 4, they're not entirely convinced that they should care for the character. While LB's routes were very dramatic, they're relatively short and self-contained stories compared to other nakige VN routes.

They should use the 2nd season and the better budget to make the main 5 Little Busters memorable before Refrain starts, if they really want the show to succeed.
I just wonder if they actually realize this.

That is a good point. One can always hope that they do realize it and that they will stretch it out. It would make sense to stick it into Rin's route as well.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 5, 2013 8:34 AM

Apr 2010
I just assumed it would be 13 episodes. 24-26 episodes would be too many.

Oct 5, 2013 9:18 AM

Sep 2011
HaXXspetten said:

If Kurugaya is 1-3, Rin smth like 4-10 and Refrain the rest that ought to be enough.

I agree with this one.
Oct 5, 2013 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
RyanSaotome said:

Yeah there is no way it was going to be that long though I thought 13 was a little short, but at least after the first episode I am a little more confident it may work.
Oct 5, 2013 9:30 AM

Aug 2012
Midou89 said:
RyanSaotome said:

Yeah there is no way it was going to be that long though I thought 13 was a little short, but at least after the first episode I am a little more confident it may work.

Rita tweeted just a few minutes ago that it'll be 26 episodes.
Oct 5, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
26 eps confirmed niggas ;3
Thank you based Rita~
Oct 5, 2013 9:36 AM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
Thank you based Rita~

Omg this is true? :O
Oct 5, 2013 10:36 AM

Feb 2013
Zestian said:
Vladz0r said:
Thank you based Rita~

Omg this is true? :O

Yep, looks like it.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.