Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 28, 2013 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode almost all about Mocha. She took one for the team at least. Pretty much a build up episode.

Luffy knows where to find Caesar Clown so some good episodes coming up.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Sep 28, 2013 7:27 PM

Apr 2007
:'(
Sep 28, 2013 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
Luffy looked pretty pissed..
Sep 28, 2013 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
Luffy's entrance was so epic. Loved that haki too.
Sep 28, 2013 8:25 PM

May 2013
damn.. almost tears.. almost

mochaaa
Sep 28, 2013 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
AzurePisces said:

mochaaa

ikr i was so sad but can't wait for ep 615 luffy is gonna be a badass and beat the shit out of Caesar Clown
Sep 28, 2013 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
Bpring.
Sep 28, 2013 8:57 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah the whole episode was about her, but considering what she did it's fine. Now Caesar needs to die horribly.
Sep 28, 2013 9:18 PM

Oct 2011
This arc is hardly getting anywhere like 80% of this ep was just Chopper crying
Sep 28, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh. I wanted to punch that one kid so bad when he said "That's what happens when you're greedy."
Sep 28, 2013 9:22 PM

Jul 2013
Benjamin55 said:
Ugh. I wanted to punch that one kid so bad when he said "That's what happens when you're greedy."

so true
Sep 28, 2013 10:08 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Just the ending with Luffy really mattered for me.

Sep 28, 2013 11:47 PM

May 2012
i feel like chopper didnt have to tell mocha she and all her friends were going to die before growing up, at least at this moment in time - whether you believe theyre better off not knowing the truth or learning eventually.

even more so, chopper should have just destroyed that candy, i am sure it was possible between chopper crushing it, or nami doing some weather stuff on it. even just hiding it. robin could have flown away with it. letting mocha run with the candy was doomed to fail.

it really is your fault chopper.
Sep 29, 2013 1:16 AM

Nov 2011
geemaa said:

Agreed.
Sep 29, 2013 1:35 AM

Jun 2011
iNeon said:
geemaa said:

Agreed.

You guys are so cruel, so heartless.
AzurePisces said:

mochaaa

At first I almost cried, but that part where Chopper swear to save Mocha when they're heading to the operation room, that is where my tears start falling. Not to mention there are blood around Mocha's mouth too, and she was also crying, and suffering, and she said that she saved her friends ;_; Poor Mocha. Now I can't say for sure I'll enjoy more of Ceasar's appearance in the manga now after this episode. That was just so horrible, the things he did to the children

Eltrik said:
i feel like chopper didnt have to tell mocha she and all her friends were going to die before growing up, at least at this moment in time - whether you believe theyre better off not knowing the truth or learning eventually.

even more so, chopper should have just destroyed that candy, i am sure it was possible between chopper crushing it, or nami doing some weather stuff on it. even just hiding it. robin could have flown away with it. letting mocha run with the candy was doomed to fail.

It's necessary. They won't die if they stop eating the candy, or am I wrong? Chopper did said that if they stop now they can grow up. She needs to know that, so that she WILL DEFINITELY NOT hand over the candy, that and.. she herself need a motivation to stop herself from giving into her own urge.

Hiding it is bad, because if they cannot see the candy, they'll find for it, and if they found it, it'll be too late to snatch it away from them.

If they're going to crush them, there will still be powder form, and it's bad if it's in the air, and everyone breathe in that drug. Anyway, there is no way to dispose of that candy in that short time.

THAT ENDING PART, THAT HAOSHOKU, THAT'S SO DAMN BADASS! Holy shittttt raged Luffy is on his way now! Go trash that Ceasar now!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 29, 2013 2:04 AM

Jan 2013
At this pace it will be 2014 and we'll be still watching Punk Hazard...

I keep waiting to see the battle between Law and Vergo.
Sep 29, 2013 2:04 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Finally Luffy being serious...
Sep 29, 2013 3:56 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty lame boring episode, I don't care at all about the kids I can't wait until they are finally off my screen, The ending was pretty good though but doesn't make up for the whole lame episode, 2/5
Sep 29, 2013 4:34 AM

Dec 2012
Before watching this I'd just been thinking that it's been a while since we've seen Luffy use Haoshoku. Nice surprise at the end after a fairly dull episode.
Sep 29, 2013 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
Now THAT is how you take one for the team.

I haven't cared much for the kids this arc, but that one was so powerful the way she practically sacrificed herself to let all the others be safe.

Sanji's entrance was too funny. "Don't use violence!" "Brother, is aiming for the balls considered violence?" That has to be one of my favorite quotes in the series xD

And yeah, Luffy's entrance was awesome. You KNOW shit's gonna go down soon.

About time too, this arc is moving awfully slowly I think.
Sep 29, 2013 5:00 AM

Jul 2010
That annoying brat Mocha should of dyed few episodes back to save us all that drama and tears and bs.
Sep 29, 2013 5:04 AM
Feb 2012
hey can somebody tell what arc the anime is on now?

any good animation fights in the arc?
Sep 29, 2013 5:26 AM

May 2012
I must know, what is that music that plays when they are carrying Mocha? I've heard it somewhere before but I just can't place it. Maybe from a Pokemon movie?
Sep 29, 2013 5:27 AM

May 2012
ThaBlackPrince said:

They are on Punk Hazard. And no fight so far has been anything spectacular animation wise.
Sep 29, 2013 5:33 AM
Feb 2012
Matetrix said:
ThaBlackPrince said:

They are on Punk Hazard. And no fight so far has been anything spectacular animation wise.

ight atleast they finally fiinish the fishman island arc. how far is the arc from finishing ? 10 or 20 episodes?
Sep 29, 2013 5:42 AM

May 2012
ThaBlackPrince said:
Matetrix said:
ThaBlackPrince said:

ight atleast they finally fiinish the fishman island arc. how far is the arc from finishing ? 10 or 20 episodes?

15 Maybe. Luffy just got out of that trash pit and is going to Ceasar.
Sep 29, 2013 6:35 AM
Mar 2011
I am sorry but some of ya'll really need to learn to have a little patience...I am not trying to pick a fight, but really...realize that events like what happened in this episode are important so it can add to the story...Luffy would have a lot less of a reason to be angry and be badass while kicking Ceaser's ass if there was no children in need of help.

Some people around the internet also claim how flashbacks are pointless fillers (even though it is part of the manga).

The pace of these episodes are perfect IMO, because if they cut important scenes just for the action then the anime would catch up to the manga so much faster and the anime company would then be FORCED to add actually pointless filler episodes...which would lead to everyone starting to dislike this series as well (albeit the One Piece fillers are actually funny and decent imo).

EXAMPLES: Naruto and Bleach....look at how quickly people started getting annoyed with both of these popular anime's because of the amount of fillers they had since they caught up to the manga too fast. Bleach even had to be cancelled and put on hold because each episode of the anime covered maybe 2-4 chapters of the manga, so it caught up way to fast.
ShamanKing27Sep 29, 2013 6:58 AM
Sep 29, 2013 6:42 AM

Feb 2013
exLightning said:
Pretty lame boring episode, I don't care at all about the kids I can't wait until they are finally off my screen, The ending was pretty good though but doesn't make up for the whole lame episode, 2/5
You took the words right out of my mouth, HOPEFULLY we're finally done with these annoying brats screaming and crying almost every ep, ugh my ears >_<. Only good thing about this ep was the ending with Luffy, I have to say hes pretty badass when hes pissed.
Sep 29, 2013 6:45 AM

Aug 2010
Feels ep T_T...I know this ep was pretty damn slow and all but for all those complaining...deal with it. I predict that the pace might get even slower later on since Oda has been taking more breaks lately :/

ZoroxTashigi moment was hilarious with the Sword-geek part XD

Sanji's entrance was so funny. "Don't use violence!" "Brother, is aiming for the balls considered violence?"

And then Luffy's entrance was just as I was hoping. FULL OF EPICNESS!!
Sep 29, 2013 7:03 AM

Sep 2012
Slow episode, but it was better than the previous ones.

Almost cried when Mocha ate the candies :'(
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 29, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2013
Well, the plot moved as slow as seeing a snail take a dump..

Mocha's situation, while horrible, didn't have the intended impact due to the previous reason: the plotline is so broken that one tends to forget certain things that connect.

Damn it Zoro...you have Kenbunshoku Haki...AND YOU ARE STILL GETTING LOST?!

Again, seeing Luffy use Haoboshoku Haki upped the episode a great bit.

Anyway, 3/5
Sep 29, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
I almost cried. The entry Luffy was so epic. is normal to lose sometimes but i think that Zoro exaggerates it.
Sep 29, 2013 8:50 AM

Sep 2010
Hopefully that is this last part with the kids already. They seems like a boring plot device to draw out this arc and give the Strawhats motivation to fight Caesar. It was sad and everything and Mocha was brave, but I'll be happy once we get back to the action.
Sep 29, 2013 8:52 AM
Oct 2009
Luffy was badass in the end~ I think I'm gonna read some of the manga now, cuz I just want some epic One Piece action atm.. btw Luffy with the mini dragon around him reminded me of Boa xD Interesting that in the manga he doesn't use Haki in this scene..
VampireOjouChanSep 29, 2013 8:57 AM
Sep 29, 2013 8:54 AM

Feb 2010
Aaahhh hbow can an episode suck so bad, I watched this is like 5 minutes, I don't know about you guys but I hated all that children crap.
This episode threw my total score to 8 and it was a 10 before this arc started. Yeap. Over 600 episodes downgraded because of a single crappy arc, this is how much I hate this season.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Sep 29, 2013 10:24 AM

Aug 2011
What a god damn boring episode, at least I hope to see some serious fighting in the next one to cover it up.
Sep 29, 2013 11:51 AM

May 2012
Natsu12345 said:

Eltrik said:

It's necessary. They won't die if they stop eating the candy, or am I wrong? Chopper did said that if they stop now they can grow up. She needs to know that, so that she WILL DEFINITELY NOT hand over the candy, that and.. she herself need a motivation to stop herself from giving into her own urge.

Hiding it is bad, because if they cannot see the candy, they'll find for it, and if they found it, it'll be too late to snatch it away from them.

If they're going to crush them, there will still be powder form, and it's bad if it's in the air, and everyone breathe in that drug. Anyway, there is no way to dispose of that candy in that short time.

THAT ENDING PART, THAT HAOSHOKU, THAT'S SO DAMN BADASS! Holy shittttt raged Luffy is on his way now! Go trash that Ceasar now!

no no no. it is definitely better that they take more time to search for candy that the strawhats are way more capable of keeping away than mocha was.

nami can make things invisible and robin can fly away.

from what chopper said, their bodies will already die early from eating the candy, their bodies have already mutated into giant forms, which is why he was sad he didnt find them sooner.
Sep 29, 2013 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
tears , laughed , tears , laughed ( sanji <3 ) , tears

damn you chopper you are so cute :'(
Gaara is love, Gaara is life
Sep 29, 2013 12:03 PM

May 2012
Rapha_Lamperouge said:
Aaahhh hbow can an episode suck so bad, I watched this is like 5 minutes, I don't know about you guys but I hated all that children crap.
This episode threw my total score to 8 and it was a 10 before this arc started. Yeap. Over 600 episodes downgraded because of a single crappy arc, this is how much I hate this season.

uh this arc made you drop from a 10?
did you just ignore fishman island arc's existence?
one piece has been slower with filler episodes in the past.

i really can't believe you thought everything before this arc kept one piece as a perfect 10.
Sep 29, 2013 12:26 PM

Dec 2011
Oh well. We finally moved on from the kids. I never really skipped parts when watching an episode, but this time I did because of boredom. Hopefully the fights would be really nicely animated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 12:46 PM

Nov 2008
That was another waste of 20 minutes... I was hoping for more after the pain that was Dead Fish Island, but no - it's dorama-drag-out time again...

Fundamentally, this sort of 2nd grade pathos does nothing for One Piece, and yes, I realize that the "official" target audience in Japan is supposed to be pre-teen. But for gawd's sake - the production team must realize that the folks who are really supporting this franchise financially are not pre-teens and that this sort of drag-out-the-pathos crap doesn't make anyone want to buy any disks or even any tankoubans...

So why am I still watching One Piece after so many years? (I started watching it when it first started to be broadcast in Japan.) It's because of those few, ever so few, lately even less frequently occurring, parts where the action picks up, the main characters act in character, and the story grabs the audience by the throat and drags them along.

So yes, I want more of Luffy acting totally badass, and less pathos-crap.
Sep 29, 2013 4:14 PM

Jul 2011
5/5

These last episodes were good.

Zoro very funny as always...

Luffy is pissed...

And now I hate Ceaser even more! Fuck clown
Sep 29, 2013 5:52 PM

Apr 2013
Heartbreaking episode. One Piece hasn't made me cry like that since Ace died.
Sep 29, 2013 6:20 PM

Feb 2010
Eltrik said:
Rapha_Lamperouge said:

i really can't believe you thought everything before this arc kept one piece as a perfect 10.

If I were to judge plot, character development and all those things then no, almost no show would ever be a topscore.
But One Piece is a shounen, I rate it based on different standards, long-running series are bound to be slow but that's fine as long as it is entertaining. I liked Fishman Island's arc and Skypiea arc (that was also quite slow) but this time around there's just no way I can watch that thing, a bunch of snotty mutated brats running around for 15 minutes because of a candy screaming, raging, aaaahhhh, my balls.

I don't think anyone started watching One Piece to see THAT.

But okay, let's say it's a decent plot device and all, why do they need to spend entire episodes with those brats? You can make someone cry in about 2 minutes with a decent build-up and Oda certainly has enough talent to do that if he tries.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Sep 29, 2013 8:16 PM

Apr 2009
Rapha_Lamperouge said:
Eltrik said:
Rapha_Lamperouge said:

If I were to judge plot, character development and all those things then no, almost no show would ever be a topscore.
But One Piece is a shounen, I rate it based on different standards, long-running series are bound to be slow but that's fine as long as it is entertaining. I liked Fishman Island's arc and Skypiea arc (that was also quite slow) but this time around there's just no way I can watch that thing, a bunch of snotty mutated brats running around for 15 minutes because of a candy screaming, raging, aaaahhhh, my balls.

I don't think anyone started watching One Piece to see THAT.

But okay, let's say it's a decent plot device and all, why do they need to spend entire episodes with those brats? You can make someone cry in about 2 minutes with a decent build-up and Oda certainly has enough talent to do that if he tries.

Rapha_Lamperouge said:

totally agree with both of you , im sick of the kids im sorry but they have NOOO fking importance once this arc is over

ill never quit this anime due to the fact the past episodes were the best ive ever seen , Ennis Loby, Marine, etc.. best anime arcs ever for me

i hate this season aswell and i skip the kid stuff and Marine stuff unless its smoker but then i dont really care for this weak overrated piece of crap

i started one peice for the adventure and plot this arc has done both but the kids became annoying

and there of no importance
Sep 29, 2013 8:53 PM
Feb 2013
Wow, even though the episode was all about a side character. It was effective for the most part, if they had a bit more silent moments and drew some of the pictures better it would be much more memorable, but it was effective enough.
Sep 30, 2013 3:05 AM

Apr 2013
This whole chasing and running away is taking way too long. I want to see Luffy vs Caesar!!!
Sep 30, 2013 3:46 AM

Oct 2010
Calumz said:
totally agree with both of you , im sick of the kids im sorry but they have NOOO fking importance once this arc is over

ill never quit this anime due to the fact the past episodes were the best ive ever seen , Ennis Loby, Marine, etc.. best anime arcs ever for me

i hate this season aswell and i skip the kid stuff and Marine stuff unless its smoker but then i dont really care for this weak overrated piece of crap

i started one peice for the adventure and plot this arc has done both but the kids became annoying

Except the kids are very important in the arc story, half of it revolves around them, the other half around Smiley. You must be watching something else because as far as I know they are related to Caesar's experiments and they are the main reason why Luffy is aiming to defeat Caesar. Also, it's the first time in years (heck, I think since Skypiea) that Chopper is getting some decent screen time and probably development, and it is all due to this plot.
Sep 30, 2013 6:38 AM

Apr 2009
jal90 said:
Calumz said:

Except the kids are very important in the arc story, half of it revolves around them, the other half around Smiley. You must be watching something else because as far as I know they are related to Caesar's experiments and they are the main reason why Luffy is aiming to defeat Caesar. Also, it's the first time in years (heck, I think since Skypiea) that Chopper is getting some decent screen time and probably development, and it is all due to this plot.

only 1 kid has importance once they leave this arc the rest are not important at all
Sep 30, 2013 6:47 AM

Oct 2010
Calumz said:
jal90 said:
Calumz said:

only 1 kid has importance once they leave this arc the rest are not important at all

They have importance in the arc. And we still have to see if they may have importance in later arcs, because the stuff that is brought here is much likely going to have consequences. Anyway, this is like saying that Alabasta or Skypiea sucked because the events and characters that appeared there didn't jump into the main story once the Straw Hats left. Or Water 7 with the shipwrights and the Franky Family.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

11 by ThaTOnEGuY4_ »»
2 hours ago

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

2 by cerise_serris »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
10 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 10 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.