Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode show us the arm wrestling, but not the match between Quian lei and Xin. The episode was ok.
Sep 29, 2013 12:06 PM

Apr 2010
I know this ain't a place for manga talk n all, but the forums for the manga are really dead so I'm sorta just putting out a notice here to let all those who are currently reading the translations as they come out that know that I'm going to be putting up chapter discussion threads(put one up for 231 just now), since this is the best place to put it since some of the viewers of the anime will be also reading!

Will post again when I see this episode translated! :D
Sep 30, 2013 12:34 AM

Mar 2012
antonnn said:
I know this ain't a place for manga talk n all, but the forums for the manga are really dead so I'm sorta just putting out a notice here to let all those who are currently reading the translations as they come out that know that I'm going to be putting up chapter discussion threads(put one up for 231 just now), since this is the best place to put it since some of the viewers of the anime will be also reading!

I read the latest translated chapter. It was too epic to describe!
I just hope they don't censor and CG the hell out of that epic fight.

Back on topic, good episodes. However, where did the arm wrestling part came from? I don't remember reading that in the manga.
Sep 30, 2013 12:53 AM

May 2013
The guys having fun like that arm wrestling. Lol that random compliment from Xin to Qiang Lei.
Sep 30, 2013 12:54 AM
Nov 2009
leeo268 said:
antonnn said:

I read the latest translated chapter. It was too epic to describe!
I just hope they don't censor and CG the hell out of that epic fight.

Back on topic, good episodes. However, where did the arm wrestling part came from? I don't remember reading that in the manga.

The arm wrestling was an omake thing in the manga and not in any of the chapters themselves. I was surprised they added it, but it was still pretty entertaining.
Sep 30, 2013 1:49 AM

Jul 2009
Xin doesnt know Qiang Lei is a girl yet, correct? So... whats with the cute comment? I guess its just a bro(no homo) comment.
Sep 30, 2013 2:13 AM

Jan 2013
geneonline said:
Xin doesnt know Qiang Lei is a girl yet, correct? So... whats with the cute comment? I guess its just a bro(no homo) comment.
He did know since she came to him after his first campaign.
Sep 30, 2013 2:32 AM

Jun 2008
Lot's of build-up this episode to make our heart pumping. Can't wait for the fight to begin.

antonnn said:

I will avoid reading the manga for now since it could make me enjoy the anime less. I'll check it out at a later date when i need some Kingdom dosage.

geneonline said:

He knows for some time now. It seems you need to go back and re-watch a few episodes cause you are forgetting things.
Sep 30, 2013 3:49 AM

Nov 2011
Nice speech at the beginning, didn't expect such great comedy in this episode, i had to pause and laugh alot when they were playing around calling themselves 1000 man generals. Sad Qiang Lei will be leaving after this battle, hope she doesn't stay off for too long. Next ep should be fantastic.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 30, 2013 6:11 AM

Jun 2008
Zee530 said:
Nice speech at the beginning, didn't expect such great comedy in this episode, i had to pause and laugh alot when they were playing around calling themselves 1000 man generals.

Xin manage very easily to incorporate the new troops into his unit. That seemed a little to easy but i guess it was also a way to show how Xin has the qualities of a great general by changing things with his speech.
Sep 30, 2013 8:25 AM
May 2013
Nice episode, a calm before the storm one..
Xin got the units of Guo Bei and his soldiers, also a new Vice Commander.
And that speech is so EPIC!!!
Can't wait to see the start of this war and looks like it will be Rinko's turn to show off his dual sword skills.. I'm really looking forward to that one :D
And so sad that after this battle the cute Qiang Lei will be leaving, hope she change her mind or come back before the next war or before this anime ends.
Sep 30, 2013 11:19 AM

Mar 2012
geneonline said:

I hope you are not one of those people that skip first season because of the CG. At least read the manga to catch up.
Sep 30, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2011
Monad said:
Zee530 said:
Nice speech at the beginning, didn't expect such great comedy in this episode, i had to pause and laugh alot when they were playing around calling themselves 1000 man generals.

Xin manage very easily to incorporate the new troops into his unit. That seemed a little to easy but i guess it was also a way to show how Xin has the qualities of a great general by changing things with his speech.

I wouldn't say it was made easy, the 700 that joined were from the Guo Bei unit, Guo Bei had already met Xin and acknowledged his abilities in front of his men before he was murdered so he soldiers would probably see Xin as a worthy leader since their former General did the same.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 30, 2013 4:47 PM

May 2012
Nice speech from Xin.
Sep 30, 2013 7:32 PM

Dec 2010
Great ep, as usual. This is a really great anime.
Sep 30, 2013 7:44 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah that speech was amazing, but I honestly almost forgot about it because of how superb the rest of the episode was. Huge moment for Xin, proving how qualified he is to lead an army with his voice.

Zheng showed his focus and determination with his staring right through Lu Buwei, knowing his goals are of higher priority than that douche and his mother's betrayal.

And Qiang Lei of course showed huge development, showing her being content with moving forward alongside Xin and the rest, while reinforcing her desire for vengeance and settling her conflict. It was a perfectly balanced decision to come to, and showed how much her character is growing.

Seriously, character development and characterization have got to be the most underrated things about Kingdom. Even Meng Tian and especially Wang Ben got some pretty defining moments(and that "thousand man general!" gag was fucking hilarious, that's how any of us would be acting in that situation)

Man, this was probably my favorite episode so far and it was a build up episode! This war was already gonna be fucking insane, and now those vicious looking vice generals appear. The hype is just too real at this point.

Also, the OST was very impressive this week.
Sep 30, 2013 10:23 PM

May 2011
hahaha It's hilarious at the "hey thousand man general Xin/Meng tian" part. After so much hard work, they finally got promoted to thousand man general, can't blame them for that. And the compliment for Qiang Lei is funny too. Great episode.

geneonline said:

If I remember correctly, it's when Qiang Lei first entered Xin's wooden house/hut and Xin had already guessed that Qiang Lei is a female (I think?).
Oct 1, 2013 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
Zee530 said:
Monad said:
Zee530 said:

I wouldn't say it was made easy, the 700 that joined were from the Guo Bei unit, Guo Bei had already met Xin and acknowledged his abilities in front of his men before he was murdered so he soldiers would probably see Xin as a worthy leader since their former General did the same.

Well i doubt Guo Bei was sitting telling stories in frond of the camp fire on how awesome Xin is and that his a fan cause he reminds him of himself but i guess those troops didn't have any dilemma about their commander being a noble or not since they had respect for Guo Bei that had low origins. Still Xin was a new guy though that had to make them feel he will be a worthy man to follow no matter what his origins where.

AlexTheRiot said:

Man, this was probably my favorite episode so far and it was a build up episode! This war was already gonna be fucking insane, and now those vicious looking vice generals appear. The hype is just too real at this point.

Yeah totally forgot to comment about that. What's up with those awesome vice generals? Where did they come from? Especially that guy who camped slightly far away seems like a really amazing case. This guys seem to be better than the general itself. It seems Meng Ao might win by his ability to pick people that his straight battle ability.
Oct 1, 2013 4:23 AM

Apr 2010
Monad said:
I will avoid reading the manga for now since it could make me enjoy the anime less. I'll check it out at a later date when i need some Kingdom dosage.

The anime is pretty faithful to the manga, the main difference is the violence. It's toned down a lot, though, since the manga is very bloody, but it doesn't really affect it too much since the fighting is the same. A few other bits are scaled down or cut out as you'd expect from an anime adaptation, but overall it's good, a lot better than many other ones I've seen. For me reading the manga hasn't done much to ruin my anime experience, it's just made me extra excited for what's coming up. :D

AlexTheRiot said:
Seriously, character development and characterization have got to be the most underrated things about Kingdom. Even Meng Tian and especially Wang Ben got some pretty defining moments(and that "thousand man general!" gag was fucking hilarious, that's how any of us would be acting in that situation)

I don't think it's underrated at all! If anything, as good as everything else is about Kingdom, the character development is its real forte. Some people may not be mentioning it, but how well the characters develop over the course of the series is a big part of why people love this series and continue to watch imo.

The thousand man general gag was hilarious, I read it several times in the manga and I rewatched it here a couple times too. :D Xin's speech was also great, they did a pretty good job of capturing its awesomeness in the anime.

Oh yeah, in regards to Xin calling Qiang Lei "he", it's probably a similar thing to how Liao wore a mask to hide that she was female.

I also look forward to the reveal of the 2 vice generals, they are both absolute monsters. Damn it, bring on the war!!!
antonnnOct 1, 2013 4:34 AM
Oct 1, 2013 10:59 AM

May 2011
antonnn said:
Some people may not be mentioning it, but how well the characters develop over the course of the series is a big part of why people love this series and continue to watch imo.

This +1
Oct 1, 2013 5:30 PM

May 2011
So I'm almost going wow, lucky thing Gui Bei got killed early on so Xin could get his tropes? Oh how terrible of me. But for someone who doesn't often go for convincing with words he always does it so well when he tries. Maybe because he's so honest and loud about his feelings.

Loved the arm wrestling moment though. xD; Oh heck, as other people have said, the entire thing was great.
Oct 1, 2013 5:42 PM
Jul 2013
xahjun said:
hahaha It's hilarious at the "hey thousand man general Xin/Meng tian" part. After so much hard work, they finally got promoted to thousand man general, can't blame them for that. And the compliment for Qiang Lei is funny too. Great episode.

geneonline said:

If I remember correctly, it's when Qiang Lei first entered Xin's wooden house/hut and Xin had already guessed that Qiang Lei is a female (I think?).

In the manga, Xin learns Qiang Lei is a girl before the war with Zhao Arc As for the Anime I can't remember seeing anything that show him recognizing and accepting that "he" is actually a "she".
Oct 1, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2012
Strategist0083 said:
xahjun said:

geneonline said:

In the manga, Xin learns Qiang Lei is a girl before the war with Zhao Arc As for the Anime I can't remember seeing anything that show him recognizing and accepting that "he" is actually a "she".

This^
Oct 1, 2013 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
Strategist0083 said:
xahjun said:

geneonline said:

In the first season when they ride a horse together up the mountain with the 1000 man general, through the clouds of dust, Xin elbows her somewhat jokingly. At that point he seems to realize it to a degree.

I figured this is when he started to suspect "he" is a "she" but then he is quickly distracted by trying to maintain his balance.
Oct 1, 2013 8:18 PM

Jul 2011
leesan said:
Strategist0083 said:
xahjun said:

geneonline said:

This^

It happened in the anime too in the first season.
Oct 1, 2013 8:34 PM

Jun 2013
AlexTheRiot said:

Also, the OST was very impressive this week.

I've laughed before during episodes but the whole 'thousand man general' thing between Xin and Meng Tian was just spot on! If they were older, the humor wouldn't really have worked, but it was believable. I think the viewer can put themselves right into their shoes.

Then... oh boy... the icing on the cake when the two of them salute the ever-serious Wang Ben .... I completely lost it. Hehehehe Damn that was just too funny.

You mentioned the OST - I agree. And overall it feels like the last episode or two have been ramping up lately. In this episode alone we see humor, more development, more widely varied musical score, comeradery, and even a bit of affection. And it all matters. There is very little "fluff"...
Oct 2, 2013 2:22 AM

Nov 2011
razorwire said:
Strategist0083 said:
xahjun said:

geneonline said:

In the first season when they ride a horse together up the mountain with the 1000 man general, through the clouds of dust, Xin elbows her somewhat jokingly. At that point he seems to realize it to a degree.

I figured this is when he started to suspect "he" is a "she" but then he is quickly distracted by trying to maintain his balance.

The lines from the first season were iirc:
Xin: You, you're a girl right?
Lei: So what?

Oct 2, 2013 10:43 PM
Jul 2013
Zee530 said:
razorwire said:
Strategist0083 said:
xahjun said:

geneonline said:

Do you happen to remember the episode?
Oct 3, 2013 6:17 AM

Nov 2011
Strategist0083 said:
Zee530 said:
razorwire said:
Strategist0083 said:
xahjun said:

geneonline said:

Found it, episode 23, the conversation happens at 0:47

Oct 3, 2013 9:46 PM
Jul 2013
Zee530 said:
Strategist0083 said:
Zee530 said:
razorwire said:
Strategist0083 said:
xahjun said:

geneonline said:

Zee530 said:
Strategist0083 said:
Zee530 said:
razorwire said:
Strategist0083 said:
xahjun said:

geneonline said:

Look at the episode

and it has to be one of the anti-climatic hidden gender reveals I've ever seen. So much so that I didn't even remember it.
Oct 5, 2013 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
damn it, i really want to read the manga now!!
must.. resist... orz
Oct 6, 2013 4:40 AM

Apr 2008
Why not, the manga is more advanced and the manga is much better
Oct 6, 2013 3:48 PM

Jun 2013
I just started reading the manga and while I am really enjoying it, the anime does a very good job of conveying the mood and emotions through the voice acting and music. Hmmm.. I don't know if I appreciate the manga more because I am familiar with the characters from the anime?

I am reading the season 1 manga chapters during the wait for each season 2 episode. I really hope the full story can be animated once the manga is complete.
Apr 26, 2014 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
Dat subtle romance!
Jun 21, 2014 7:29 PM

Mar 2010
Pretty good episode considering it was a warm up for the actual action episodes.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 6, 2014 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
Loved the salute to Xin and the moment they were greeting each other as 1000 Man Generals, their mood was contagious.
So glad Qiang Lei isn't leaving yet was a little nervous myself!
Nov 23, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2012
Top of the morning my fellow thousand man generals! xD

Nice to finally see Xin on his trusty steed. I wonder if he'll give the horse a name (*o*) Im calling it now this horse is going to be as op as master asia's. And what was with that tease near the end when Xin said Qiang Lei had a nice smile?
Sol_OuNov 23, 2014 11:37 AM
Aug 1, 2015 12:02 AM

Jul 2008
Meng and Xin get along well dont they? However I get the feeling that Meng is just using him for something.

Now its time for the war, I wonder how much Xin will do.
Jun 2, 2016 8:08 PM

Apr 2013
Not surprising Xin was promoted to 1000m General, but what a mistake that is. Sure he's strong and passionate and fearless, but he's also dense, hot headed and reckless, and those are horrible traits for a General to have. He definitely needs some more seasoning.
Jul 25, 2016 9:55 AM

Jul 2014
So glad Qiang Lei didn't leave... I had a feeling it might happen from how she's been acting. I'm really relieved she didn't. Still kinda sad she will after the war though. >_< But when she does return in the future, I hope she'll be all hot and grown-up by then~ xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Aug 29, 2016 6:47 PM

Feb 2010
Qiang Lei death flags popping up :l

Nov 3, 2017 1:55 PM
Mar 2017
at the end when Xin gave him the fist, Qiang did not return it hahaha, friendzone(?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 23, 2019 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
Xin being a 1000 man general but still not wearing some armor, guess it takes some time.

Jun 29, 2019 4:43 AM

Feb 2013
His new men will help a lot, I was worried they won't accept Xin but I was wrong.
Jan 20, 2022 4:55 PM

Dec 2007
with this episode i'm surprised shin was 300 general, his speech was awesome.

i love shin and meng moments xD
Oct 27, 2022 11:08 PM

Dec 2018
User-Name said:
with this episode i'm surprised shin was 300 general, his speech was awesome.

i love shin and meng moments xD

I've done better; but yes it was good
and yeah i could almost ship them but that death flag is like, super glowing red right now
besides ten too kawaii, i'm rooting for her
Nov 3, 2022 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
They're gonna be treated as war criminals if they failed? Wtf? It's not their fault they got promoted. Not only are they all talented leaders, the unfortunate situation demanded it cause 8 fucking 1000-man commanders died. That doesn't make any sense.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.