Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2013 2:46 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Now they need to make dark mysterious and psychological 2nd season where Katze and Hajime become one, where Katze learns about light/good side of the world while Hajime of dark/bad side of the world.. and eventually Hajime will become more deep characters and powerful.

But yeah 9/10 to the series. Hajime most interesting anime character ever Ive seen In a while.. cheerful, mysterious, naive yet understands everything.. very interesting character.
Sep 27, 2013 2:48 PM

Feb 2013
Shih said:
Trialling end to promote discussion.

I see what they did there.

I suppose it is better than a cliche ending(?)

Not "cliche", just understandable, and not with so many questions and plot holes that are big enough to drive a truck through.
Sep 27, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2010
KanameFujiwara said:

Who is Hajime? I think that is one of the biggest mystery. She's not normal that's for sure.

TQ

I think that's the biggest question for me.

I so hope they plan to make a season 2.

If anything deserves it, this does. (T^T)
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Sep 27, 2013 3:05 PM

Aug 2007
Not bad... but not fantastic. I've left feeling slightly unsatisfied in the end by this show. Which is a shame because I really loved the show until the last 3 or so weeks and how a show ends REALLY makes or breaks it for me.

I wish they hadn't wasted half of last week's episode on that recap. They needed time to give the OD vs Katze battle proper screen-time. And actually show what went down with Hajime and Katze.

I just, needed more closure for the Gatchaman in general (mostly have the others show up in the epilogue) Is OD dead? What happened to JJ?

The show did a good job with its Crowds/hero theme and social media, but the character themselves seemed to suffer in lack of focus at times. At least at the very end.
Sep 27, 2013 3:23 PM

Mar 2013
OD is dead? NOOOOOO
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Sep 27, 2013 3:29 PM

Oct 2012
Loved this show!!! Really hope there is a 2nd season that answers most of the same questions we all have. Otherwise, well that would just be cruel.
Sep 27, 2013 3:33 PM

Apr 2012
It was a somewhat mediocre ending for a show that has been overall enjoyable.
It was too rushed and had no real epilogue other than the CROWDS crime rate rising. The OD seen was nice but also was kind of rushed. In the end there really was no pay off to all the build up. This show could've been better if it was it's own thing and wasn't tied to the Gatchaman franchise and had it's own budget.
DurbikinsSep 27, 2013 3:38 PM
Sep 27, 2013 3:37 PM
Aug 2011
This show was a hot mess.

I feel like there was so much buildup for it only to fizzle out in the end.

Still enjoyed most of it though.
standSep 27, 2013 3:46 PM
Sep 27, 2013 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
vaikepois said:
Now they need to make dark mysterious and psychological 2nd season where Katze and Hajime become one, where Katze learns about light/good side of the world while Hajime of dark/bad side of the world.. and eventually Hajime will become more deep characters and powerful.

But yeah 9/10 to the series. Hajime most interesting anime character ever Ive seen In a while.. cheerful, mysterious, naive yet understands everything.. very interesting character.

I agree!
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Sep 27, 2013 3:57 PM

Oct 2009
The unanswered questions... The ending... -_-
Sep 27, 2013 4:11 PM

May 2011
I was a bit surprised to see not see Hajime against Katze. But I also like that she did what she was always best at. Getting people to work together to reach the end. So in a way, her not rising to the top fits with her encouraging ways.

I don't really understand how or why Katze with with her at the end either. Although, I wouldn't be surprised that he did it voluntarily because she ended up being the only one who would pay attention to him. Maybe all his screwing around was a way of forcing connections.
Sep 27, 2013 4:22 PM

Sep 2013
I hate how the opening spoiled their armor :(

Wtf how did Katze end up in Hajime? Or is it her necktie?

Did OD die if so I really feel sorry for Utsutsu, I was shipping them :p
Sep 27, 2013 4:29 PM
May 2012
That ending, was rather confusing and lacking a bit. I'm hoping for a second season
Hajime!! So Katze is in hajime now. WHat happened to Jo and Utsutsu. OD!!, is he dead or not? Guess we will never know.

Sep 27, 2013 4:55 PM

May 2012
Good series but the last episode is too open ended for me. Hope they make an ova to explain everything..

Gonna miss Hajime and the gang!
Sep 27, 2013 5:11 PM

Jul 2009
pretty good ending.
hajime stuck to her word that she wont kill him. and i like how she called her mom before having him in her.... . . .. . .lul
8/10
Sep 27, 2013 5:15 PM

Feb 2008
that ending was somewhat not satisfying. but i imagine he was not a being to be defeated so easily if at all so i suppose i can accept that.
Sep 27, 2013 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, the last two episodes were really disappointing. I don't feel a sense of true closure.
Sep 27, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2011
the ending's kind of.... weird.

overall nice series tho, i'm gonna miss this for sure _(:3 」∠)_
sequel when?
Sep 27, 2013 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
A low 7/10
Not sure how exactly that all worked out.
Never got to see Hajime break characters, expect a tiny bit on the phone with her mom. Would have liked to know what was going on in her mind, if she calculated all that out, or if it came naturally and just worked out on its own.
Sep 27, 2013 6:48 PM

Jul 2011
After seeing all that, now I'm positive that Katze is the reflection of the "darkness" inside everyone and the reason why Hajime cannot see him is because of the absence of the said "darkness" in her. When Hajime absorbed Katze, it created a balance between them. This is where Hajime's belief about "nothing is pure white or pure black" with Hajime representing former and Katze being the latter.

Nice ending. Gonna miss this show.
Sep 27, 2013 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
TawnyWings said:
vaikepois said:

I agree!

I'd watch it

To be honest for me this show was kinda confusing and had so many unexplained things,what kept me going was just because of how interesting Hajime and her interactions with Kratze were

plus the OST was boss what was the one playing when the PM was saying the game was over never heard it before.
Sep 27, 2013 7:10 PM

Jan 2009
OD died just like that damn
Sep 27, 2013 8:03 PM

May 2011
Man the whole series built up to this last episode and it just felt flat on its face. WHY WOULD THEY KILL OFF OD LIKE THAT. And how, why did Katze get absorbed by Hajime's massive tits? There has to be a second season or an ova or something, right? This can't be the end, right?
Sep 27, 2013 8:40 PM
Jun 2011
There gotta be more arcs for a second season. I think a few OVAs that shows us the confrontations would be extremely nice instead of "suddenly BK is now Hajime's tits".
Sep 27, 2013 9:34 PM

Jan 2011
OD you are man beyond your appearance lol.

I don't like how OD, Joe, and Utsusu were all omitted from the closing minutes. At the very least we are left to assume that OD did die after passing his note.

The message was really good. I'll give it that.

Having Hajime being this nonchalant uber wise individual was frustrating. At least to me it was. But...she does apparently end up saving planets beyond Earth by binding BK to herself. However, I feel there is little to no adverse affect in doing so. She bound this terrible soul to herself (again apparently) yet is still the same, making the phone call to her mom feel rather pointless.

The finale was much less grand than the follow up episodes to it. Which is unfortunate. Still, the anime was interesting and despite the assumptions one is left with to connect the dots I'll give it a 8/10 because I kept wanting to watch each weeks episode and genuinely enjoyed it for the most part.

vaikepois said:
Hajime most interesting anime character ever Ive seen In a while.. cheerful, mysterious, naive yet understands everything.. very interesting character.

Ehhhhhh....no.
IZEROIISep 27, 2013 9:37 PM
Sep 27, 2013 9:58 PM

Oct 2009
What the hell is going on in this episode. The end, that's it? no more? nada?

Aaah, I saw MESS chan (s) fly like a flock of birds, and it seems to be helping everyone- by doing nothing.
This ending really just raises more question than all the previous episodes combined.
Nothing is answered, nothing. It's a train wreck.
Everything is cramped into one episode without even trying to make sense.

Anyway, CROWDS really resembles Japan social structure, morals strictly imposed by society.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 27, 2013 10:17 PM

Apr 2011
So many questions to be answered. We will see in the next season. This is a new franchise after all.

Gatchaman CROWDS - 8.5/10
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Sep 27, 2013 10:32 PM

May 2012
16:45 SUBARASHII〜

lol, bad end.
Overall, 6/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 27, 2013 11:32 PM

Jan 2011
This was a great final episode. OD's death was so sad in my opinion. You could tell that he loved every single member of the Gatchaman (excluding Katze) and even Rui. His Gatchaman transformation was pretty cool. Katze is such a crazy bastard. I just loved how he got trolled so hard at the end. Rui decided to let the public control the Crowds and do whatever they want with that power. The whole 'ranking' and game system is a really smart move. Instead of wreaking havoc, people now use the Crowds' power for entertainment. :) The ending is quite ambiguous. It seems like Katze now resides with Hajime? :S Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed Gatchaman Crowds. One of the most entertaining series this season. 8/10
Sep 28, 2013 12:40 AM

Feb 2012
Okay wow I'm super confused with that ending. It didn't really explain anything?? I feel like it was missing an episode or something.
I loved the show though! Very fun :D I hope we'll get a second season.
Sep 28, 2013 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
This anime was great I loved it. However, the ending kinda confused me. Did Hajime take Berg-Katze inside herself body? If so Why? But beside that the ending was great the city was saved and the citizens have the power of crowds. Overall, this was a great anime.
Sep 28, 2013 1:05 AM
Sep 2013
I logged in just to give you guys this information. It seems like the original episode 11 was too long to play on TV. So they replace the episode 11's Part A(first half) with the special theme(I believe it was originally planned for a extra episode) and moved the orignal Part A to Part B. Episode 11's Part B was moved to episode 12's Part A and so on. This is why the ending doesn't seem to be complete. Episode 12's Part B is pretty much all taken out.
There was an article where the director of Gatchaman Crowd apologized for this. So, if we want to see what exactly happened in episode 12, we may have to wait.... Possibly until the Blueray Disc version come out.

Here is a picture of the apology http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/64a00586gw1e926unwxdxj20c80lajta.jpg

don't click this if you don't trust the site.
I couldn't find the original article. I only saw people discussing about it.
alexsamuelssSep 28, 2013 1:11 AM
Sep 28, 2013 1:19 AM
Jul 2009
alexsamuelss said:
I only saw people discussing about it.

Where? Can you post a link to that discussion, please?
Sep 28, 2013 1:21 AM

Jun 2013
alexsamuelss said:
I logged in just to give you guys this information. It seems like the original episode 11 was too long to play on TV. So they replace the episode 11's Part A(first half) with the special theme(I believe it was originally planned for a extra episode) and moved the orignal Part A to Part B. Episode 11's Part B was moved to episode 12's Part A and so on. This is why the ending doesn't seem to be complete. Episode 12's Part B is pretty much all taken out.
There was an article where the director of Gatchaman Crowd apologized for this. So, if we want to see what exactly happened in episode 12, we may have to wait.... Possibly until the Blueray Disc version come out.

Here is a picture of the apology http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/64a00586gw1e926unwxdxj20c80lajta.jpg

^ THIS. THANKS. LOVING YA !
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Sep 28, 2013 1:23 AM
Sep 2013
1idd0kun said:
alexsamuelss said:
I only saw people discussing about it.

Where? Can you post a link to that discussion, please?

It is in Chinese though.
Sep 28, 2013 1:27 AM

Aug 2013
The ending was.... EHHHHH ????????????????????
but whatever, I enjoy this series, more reasons for me to start job-hunting to buy the BD box set. 10/10
Sep 28, 2013 1:58 AM

Mar 2012
I've been thinking about it and here's my theory... Could it be possible that Hajime and Katze were connected the entire time? This may sound weird but here's how I think about it...

Hajime and Katze are total opposites, but at the same time they're very similar. In their own ways both of them act very similar, except for the fact that one is on the good side, and the other is on the bad. Both of them have extremely playful personalities and even when they talk you can possibly see similarities. Also, how come Hajime could never see Katze, but everyone else did? That seems weird. Even if you think that in the last episode Hajime somehow merged with Katze, the question is how? Katze seemed to be a pretty strong foe, even after seeing his fight with OD, so how can Hajime just merge him with her without anyone seeing it and no explanation?

What made me think about this is how Hajime could never see Katze and what really blows my mind is the fact that Katze used scissors on OD and even when he first went to where JJ and OD was Katze had scissors in his hand, and we all know that Hajime uses scissors; you could possibly even consider her hand gestures to be scissor motions.

I know that there are still plenty holes in that theory, but it just seems weird that Katze used scissors on OD.
Sep 28, 2013 2:12 AM
Sep 2013
Martrezzz said:

I know that there are still plenty holes in that theory, but it just seems weird that Katze used scissors on OD.

I believe that is actually JJ's scissor. It flew up from the platform when Katze kicked it.
Sep 28, 2013 2:21 AM

Mar 2012
alexsamuelss said:
Martrezzz said:

I believe that is actually JJ's scissor. It flew up from the platform when Katze kicked it.

Dang you're right!!
Hmmm.... I really don't know then. Like I said I knew there were holes in my theory, but after seeing what you said I definitely don't think it's possible. Everything seems even more weird and confusing to me now!
Sep 28, 2013 2:24 AM
Sep 2013
Martrezzz said:
alexsamuelss said:
Martrezzz said:

Dang you're right!!
Hmmm.... I really don't know then. Like I said I knew there were holes in my theory, but after seeing what you said I definitely don't think it's possible. Everything seems even more weird and confusing to me now!

Haha I know this episode is quite confusing but scroll up a little and take a look at my other reply. The Episode 12 showed isn't the completed version.
Sep 28, 2013 2:30 AM

Dec 2009
Martrezzz said:
I've been thinking about it and here's my theory... Could it be possible that Hajime and Katze were connected the entire time? This may sound weird but here's how I think about it...

Hajime and Katze are total opposites, but at the same time they're very similar. In their own ways both of them act very similar, except for the fact that one is on the good side, and the other is on the bad. Both of them have extremely playful personalities and even when they talk you can possibly see similarities. Also, how come Hajime could never see Katze, but everyone else did? That seems weird. Even if you think that in the last episode Hajime somehow merged with Katze, the question is how? Katze seemed to be a pretty strong foe, even after seeing his fight with OD, so how can Hajime just merge him with her without anyone seeing it and no explanation?

What made me think about this is how Hajime could never see Katze and what really blows my mind is the fact that Katze used scissors on OD and even when he first went to where JJ and OD was Katze had scissors in his hand, and we all know that Hajime uses scissors; you could possibly even consider her hand gestures to be scissor motions.

Katze using scissors was a sign to me as well that Hajime and Katze are two sides of the same coin, that coin being human nature. So in essence they were always one, just separated, and each of them was trying to change the world to their ways. In the end the good won out, which allowed Hajime to absorb Katze (the good absorbing the evil in the world) instead of vice versa.

If you pay attention to the dialogue between Katze and OD, Katze mentions it wasn't Katze who destroyed his planet, it was OD using his powers too much that destroyed his planet, which brings additional weight to OD's trust in Hajime. He knew Katze could never be beaten without losing a piece of yourself, so above all others OD knew that Hajime was the answer who refused to fight the bad part in ourselves and instead opted to make being good more rewarding, which was the overall point of the series I think.

Some have already mentioned it but people using the CROWDS seemed more exciting for getting points for saving and helping people than they did for actually saving and helping people. And that's the human nature. We are looking for ways to reward ourselves for our actions, so unless we're being rewarded for our kindness, we're most likely to be selfish.

Regardless, I do think there are still too many questions left unanswered, and it's a huge shame because it starts to become a thing for Nakamura Kenji to mess up toward the end of a series.

Still, I enjoyed the series a lot and give it a 8/10, and I hope we really get some better closure in the form of an OVA or (please make it happen!) second season.
Ara ara.
Sep 28, 2013 2:44 AM

Jun 2013
Gay-chan?! lol it was fun while it lasted i don't really know what to say
Sep 28, 2013 2:46 AM

May 2010
Katze become a +1 to Hajime's cup size, mamamia!
Sep 28, 2013 3:13 AM

Aug 2008
Meh ending. So like, OD died. Hajime somehow fused with Katze.Well, at least Crowds were left existing.

I guess S2 or movie (BD extras then?) will come later to explain stuff. Feels like those last 2 episodes of NGE.

alexsamuelss said:

Ah, that answers my last point. NGE ending ftw.
GenixSep 28, 2013 3:16 AM
Sep 28, 2013 3:23 AM

Oct 2012
NOOOO OD SAN! WHO WILL BE MY GAY-CHAN NOW ? :'(

The world was saved though. Hajime and Utsutsu so cute!

OST is just love

10/10 don't care what others think~
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Sep 28, 2013 3:53 AM
Mar 2013
Gatchaman crowds would've been so much better without Rui.
Sep 28, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2008
I find the lack of Utsu-tsu in this episode...disturbing.
Sep 28, 2013 4:12 AM

Jun 2010
8/10

I don't really know what to say. Yes, it was confusing but that's the reason I loved it. I really hope we get some explanation in the BD.
Sep 28, 2013 4:47 AM

Aug 2009
Vague conclusion of what happened to Berg Katze (is he just there invisible and everybody else is ignoring him?). And no mourning or conclusion of what happened to OD. They should at least give a proper conclusion. I'm not satisfied unless there's at least an OVA to wrap things up.
Sep 28, 2013 4:50 AM

Mar 2009
Well, uhh, I liked the OP and Mamoru Miyano's performance.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2013

128 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.