Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2013 12:00 AM

May 2013
So, they joined the Survival Game Field Queen Contest to get more bullets.

Dem outfits. Dat blush. Dat win.

Nice episode, feels like an OVA though.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 28, 2013 2:12 AM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one here who really liked the series?

and yeah. It was obvious that ep. 12 is the ending and we'll just have some side story in ep. 13. Not so rare thing actually. Just recently the same was in OreGairu, for example.
Sep 28, 2013 3:31 AM

Jul 2011
I still dont understand the sense in making a filler the last episode...Why dont stop at episode 12 and make an ova or an special? I see that is happening a lot lately...

Nachtwandler_21 said:
Just recently the same was in OreGairu, for example.

Indeed.
Sep 28, 2013 4:01 AM

Sep 2009
Such a thing is not new. I could neme couple of series till 2000 which had the same thing. Personally I'll prefer to see the additional ep in TV translation than wait for BDs like I have to with KamiNai
Sep 28, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2013
this episode was more like an ova.
6/10
Sep 28, 2013 10:29 AM

Jan 2011
If this show stuck with how it was rolling the first few episodes or mimic what they did with the finale it would of been much much more enjoyable. The whole Yura "why so serious" arc took away from what this show had, cuteness and (somewhat) absurd adaption of what competitive airsoft, or airsoft in general, is like.

It's unfortunate but 6/10. Thankfully the finale, although wildly out of place given the flow the show took, left it off on a positive note and for that it will get the 6. Again if they kept it light, cute, and funny like the finale and the beginning of the series it would of been much better.
Sep 28, 2013 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was awesome, I loved it. I keep seeing complaints because people just don't get what's going on though. Things like Rin being out of character. Rin wasn't out of character, she was putting on an act on the stage, I thought that was obvious. Everyone's saying this is like an OVA, but it's not quite, it's a bonus episode. K-On!'s first season had one too, right after the big finale, with a similar atmosphere. Same number of episodes too, 12 was the finale, 13 was a bonus episode that aired on TV, 14 was an OVA.

Episode 12 was the finale, that was obvious before this episode came out. 12 was the finale of Yura's character development arc, this is more like a setup for the next season. Honoka becoming the Club's new leader, the AUG they won obviously going to be used by their new freshman, Sonora taking a secondary role, more of a cameo from her.

Takuan_Soho said:
Do you honestly think that anyone in the US is going to buy this animation?

Why are you even here, talking about a show you obviously hate? To ruin the fun of the people who love it?

I'm going to ignore your ridiculous levels of negativity and instead just answer this point. No one is going to buy it when it's $50-$60 per disc, which each have only two episodes on them (and only Ep13 on the last one). That's over $300 for the season!

You've been claiming that the show sucks because of low sales (because popularity obviously means quality), but you're ignoring a huge factor that has nothing to do with quality, along with the fact that the final episode aired only two days ago, so sales aren't something you should be looking at regardless of price yet anyway. Your arguments boil down to "I don't like the show, so it sucks" and "It didn't sell well, so it sucks".
Sep 28, 2013 3:59 PM

Oct 2011
BleedingUranium said:
You've been claiming that the show sucks because of low sales (because popularity obviously means quality), but you're ignoring a huge factor that has nothing to do with quality, along with the fact that the final episode aired only two days ago, so sales aren't something you should be looking at regardless of price yet anyway. Your arguments boil down to "I don't like the show, so it sucks" and "It didn't sell well, so it sucks".
Just asking... what is that factor that gets omitted in favor of sales?
Popularity among audience in Japan - it's late night show so 1-2% are max what it can get. I haven't heard that it's particulary in the West to be honest (if you have some data I would really like to hear them).
So it's yet another series that was made and in few months will be forgoten (fate shared by majority of series now made).
Sep 28, 2013 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
^ Sucks to be all the people that forget about it, because it's an awesome show.

I don't get why everyone is so concerned about popularity; if you like something, watch it and enjoy it, talk about it with other people that love it, if you don't like something, ignore it, and don't rain on the parade of people that do. People who go around doing the latter must either be attention whores or be really depressing and unfun to be around.
Sep 28, 2013 6:51 PM

Apr 2013
I hate it when shows end with filler episodes, especially when the filler episodes fail to capture any of the things that made the series good in the first place.
Sep 28, 2013 7:07 PM
Oct 2012
BleedingUranium said:
Why are you even here, talking about a show you obviously hate? To ruin the fun of the people who love it?

Because I watched it.

BleedingUranium said:
I'm going to ignore your ridiculous levels of negativity and instead just answer this point. No one is going to buy it when it's $50-$60 per disc, which each have only two episodes on them (and only Ep13 on the last one). That's over $300 for the season!

That is typical for Japanese animation series, not atypical. So far from explaining the horrific sales of this animation you have merely stated a "state of nature" fact. "Free" also sells for $50-60 a disc, but it sold well over 10,000 discs, so merely quoting a price doesn't explain anything. In marketing this is called "a state of nature" and state of nature cannot be used as an excuse.

And far from hating this show, all I feel is sadness. It tried something that I would have wanted to succeed (going dark with a character), but it failed in execution. This happens with shows. In the case of this show I thought there was a fairly obvious reason for this failure, and this was what I was commenting on.

BleedingUranium said:

Japanese animation sales occur in the first week. Extremely few shows have "long tails". That is another "state of nature", so yes one can judge a series based on the sales of the first disc. There are very very few shows like Girls und Panzer where subsequent discs sell more copies that the first disc.

You are missing the context of my comment. I was responding to a person who made the claim that more shows like this should be made. While I sympathize with the sentiment, that statement is blatantly false and shows an irrational understanding of not only the animation market, but reality in general.

One of my favorite animations of all time is Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. There isn't a single thing in this series I would change, but in the end it sold little better than Stella C3. As much as I love this show and wished it sold better, I would never hold this animation out as an example of what animation studios should produce in order to entice the US market. Don't get me wrong, I am overjoyed that some studio animated this series, but one has to recognize that just because they loved a show, it doesn't mean that everyone should love it. That was what I was responding to.
Sep 28, 2013 7:12 PM
Oct 2012
AsherFischell said:
I hate it when shows end with filler episodes, especially when the filler episodes fail to capture any of the things that made the series good in the first place.

True, I think a much better ending would have had Yura becoming the senpai to the "next generation" of airsoft players. They hinted at this in 12, when Yura was selling the virtue to a couple of students, and following this thread would have provided nice closure for her as a character. Instead this episode really advanced nothing, which unfortunately is emblematic of the entire series.
Sep 28, 2013 7:23 PM

Aug 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
AsherFischell said:

True, I think a much better ending would have had Yura becoming the senpai to the "next generation" of airsoft players. They hinted at this in 12, when Yura was selling the virtue to a couple of students, and following this thread would have provided nice closure for her as a character. Instead this episode really advanced nothing, which unfortunately is emblematic of the entire series.

Advances nothing? It sets things up for a second season in a number of ways. Sonora takes a back seat role, as she's leaving. Honoka, from right after the OP, shows that she's the obvious next leader, especially given that she won the contest. More character was given to Rin again, mainly in those sad flashbacks in her head when Honoka was messing with her. That AUG they won is clearly set up to be the gun used by their new member next year, especially given that Sonora and her AUG are leaving.

The episode did exactly what it was supposed to do; it's an epilogue (Ep12 was the true finale) that sets up future content.

----

That's standard pricing for DVDs? Really? Wow, I thought the $200 I spent on the K-On! DVDs - both seasons (second season is double the length of standard) and the movie - was a lot. Good thing the soundtrack CDs are reasonably priced, and those I'm definitely getting.
Sep 28, 2013 7:49 PM
Oct 2012
BleedingUranium said:
The episode did exactly what it was supposed to do; it's an epilogue (Ep12 was the true finale) that sets up future content.

That's standard pricing for DVDs? Really? Wow, I thought the $200 I spent on the K-On! DVDs - both seasons (second season is double the length of standard) and the movie - was a lot. Good thing the soundtrack CDs are reasonably priced, and those I'm definitely getting.

Yep that is standard, which is why few shows ever show a tail in sales. This is an economic reality that should always be kept in the back of one's mind when talking about animation. Japan, overall, is a country of early adapters, those interested in something will be willing to spend more to be the first to buy something. Very very few shows have any sort of staying power to overcome this fact and even fewer have the ability to sell steadily for even two weeks let alone longer.

Someone on another thread mentioned that the studios should drop the prices to encourage more sales. While this would work in most of the world, this would be disastrous in Japan. People forget that every 3 months there are 15-20 new animations being released, so it requires an exceptional show to be able to not be overshadowed by the next season. This combined with the psychology of the Japanese market is why first week releases are so overwhelmingly important. One can argue that things shouldn't be this way, but one cannot argue that this is how things are.

As for the "advances nothing", the MC of this series is Yura, so to end without really showing any development of her is a mistake. Now a strong show, say Monogatari, can survive without having the MC advance, but for the vast majority of shows this is a mistake. In the case of C3, this is even more glaring since 12 really didn't end the Yura arc. Had there been a superior ending at 12, a 13 with a different focus would have been fine. But 12 was unsatisfying (if you don't want to accept my opinion, just read this thread). so 13 wasn't any better.
Sep 28, 2013 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
Would've been better if Yura made it to the end of the contest.

Anyways good series, 7/10 from me.
Sep 28, 2013 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
But 12 was the end of Yura's development arc, it closed that off rather nicely. 12 is tied with 1 as my favourite episode in the series. This episode shows that they've moved on from that and she's become a normal member of the club now. Now that Yura's character arc is done, she's as much the MC as Yui is in K-On!, meaning, it's a technicality, she's no more special than the other club members.

Did anyone else notice that how far they got was the same as their seniority in the club? The three Freshmen got to the second tier, while the two Juniors got to the third their, with Honoka taking the victory, and thus emphasizing that she'll be the next leader of the Club. They were eliminated by seniority too: Yura, Yachiyo, Rento, and Karila, Honoka won.

Rin was definitely the best this episode :D
Sep 28, 2013 11:18 PM
May 2012
Yura made this series for me, that development was really unexpected for someone of her personality, but i really liked it. Though the series was really good (up to ep 12), ep 13 was kinda meh.

7/10.
Sep 29, 2013 3:24 AM
Feb 2012
Well that was weird prequel OVA style fanservice episode....
Sep 29, 2013 4:46 AM

Nov 2012
nice final episode..
damn rin's smile :# XDDD
Sep 29, 2013 8:09 AM

Mar 2012
expected the same shit as Girls und Panzer. But at least Yura going to the dark side made this somewhat interesting

6/10
Sep 30, 2013 3:36 AM

Apr 2012
BleedingUranium said:
^ Sucks to be all the people that forget about it, because it's an awesome show.

I don't get why everyone is so concerned about popularity; if you like something, watch it and enjoy it, talk about it with other people that love it, if you don't like something, ignore it, and don't rain on the parade of people that do. People who go around doing the latter must either be attention whores or be really depressing and unfun to be around.

ahaha you can't reason with someone who has shit taste...look at these people getting mad over a perfectly valid and reasonable criticism of the show. Agreed with everything Takuan Soho said about how the show was ultimately disappointing with its conclusion.It's not hard to see why 2chan thinks this ending was shit. And Japan really does not need to make more of this kind of anime although given the lack of original ideas, you can bet that Japan will churn out one of these kinds of anime in the upcoming seasons.Also why the hell should Japan care about the anime audience elsewhere? Who pays for those BD and DVD discs that keep anime companies surviving? Obviously the Japanese late night anime watchers. With rare exceptions, Japanese companies can not rely on the international market for profit.Clearly if international market likes animes such as C3 bu and buys these anime discs such that the profit is no longer negligible, Japan would feel inclined to make more of such said animes.Downplaying the importance of profit is just hilarious. Do you seriously think anime companies just put out obscure and poor quality animes just for the hell of it? No, japanese companies put out shitty animes every season mainly b/c they are trying to make a quick buck using preexisting standard tropes or they are experimenting with new trope conventions.Making an anime costs a lot of money and subpar animes are not excluded. No japanese company is stupid enough to repeat their failures. And C3 Bu is a failure. Unless Japanese companies are run by idiots with an IQ in the 2 digit range and the upper management really wants their company to go bankrupt, they will do best by avoiding a similar setup in the placement of tone shifts and overarching plot development structure of C3 Bu.Also you have no right to say someone can not express his or her opinion of the show.Why don't you ignore a critic's opinion if you don't like it? It's that simple. If everyone was just fawning over the anime, there won't be a need for a discussion. The whole idea of an anime forum is to get the opinions from both sides of the spectrum and get an idea of the strong and weak points of an anime. Some of these myanimelist users are so whiny..SMH...
omoikane27Sep 30, 2013 3:46 AM
Sep 30, 2013 5:00 AM

Jan 2013
Stella BD Vol.1 sold 267 copies, well, it's more than I expected.

Justice is served. 0/10.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 30, 2013 4:18 PM

Sep 2013
I got to say I enjoyed this anime, but it was pretty off-centered the whole show.

Some of the things I really liked were that jazzy music in the earlier fights and the in-fight dreams, but the whole thing went downhill when Yura went dark :/ If they would of kept what they had earlier on this show could of possibly been as good as GuP.

As for this episode I loved it, we got to see another competition take place (before Yura got good?) and I thought it was pretty well done. It was basically an ova.

Overall I'm going to give it a 6/10 if they had done some things differently it would of had some 10/10 potential. If they make a 2nd season (which is probably doubtful) I would totally watch it and I would venture to say it would the do the sequel is better than the first season, but that's just my opinion.
Oct 1, 2013 5:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I don't think that even this otaku fapfest episode will make up for the poor sales.

This show started well but then the direction was all over the place. More than tha,t it felt like a repeat of what we've already seen in a lot of other series. What happened to you Gainax?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 1, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2008
7/10 I enjoyed the anime and doubt there be another season ooooo
Oct 1, 2013 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
totally felt OVA-ish but whatever

Rin won this episode!.....that is until Honoka went all fanservice at the last minute. no glasses!!

but yes, Rin shoulda won (or Rento)

fun ride.
Oct 2, 2013 10:26 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty weak series. I had high expectations for this series at the start as i thought it would be something like GuP but boy was i wrong. The whole thing started going downhill after the whole spirit/god episode.

The rest of the episode after that just didnt feel enjoyable at all. Like how the show concentrated on Yura being obsessed about winning.

They left the reason as to why the sniper shot Sonora before the 24-hour competition.

Im sure the writers could have build on Rin's development between her and Sonora more. Like they could explain how Rin caught the sniper. Her relationship with Sonora is weird too. Like how she bought Bonsai to Sonora in the hospital to talking to Sonora like best pal about Yura after she kicked her out of her squad.

The OP was great though, best thing about this series.

Overall was pretty disappointed with how this series turned out, could have been so much better but ended up very underwhelming.
Oct 2, 2013 7:31 PM

Apr 2013
awh Rin so cute :')
Oct 4, 2013 4:41 PM

Apr 2013
BEST. EPISODE.
Oct 17, 2013 12:59 PM

May 2012
This last episode was more of a special what I mostly expected after the amazing feel like ending in the last episode, either way this anime was rather interesting, had an interesting concept and was quite nice created, had nice characters and just a nice buildup towards the end! In general quite a lovely anime.
Oct 29, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2012
Obligatory bonus fanservice episode, eh? It was unnecessary but at least it was fun, Honoka in her looks and without glasses was glorious.
Nov 8, 2013 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
Rin's blushing face is kawaii *-*

6/10
Nov 11, 2013 5:39 AM

Oct 2012
W.. wait one week ago?
Then Yura shouldn't be there.. She's still sulking
Oh I'll ignore this confusing timeline

Sonora looks fabolous in red dress
Lol Yachiyo's three size
Bloomer FTW! xD

Oh, Sonora you said Karila's inside is a dirty old man
But.. you said that thing and this thing about Yura =="

Aw, Karila's little brother? He's really cute as a crossdress, well as long he's cute.. it doesn't matter xD
Lol Rin's chara is........... crumbling

I just realized.. You could wear goggles & glasses at same time? Honoka just did that
Lol Honoka

Explode a leg!! xD
So there won't be any next season?
"Signature removed"
Nov 11, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
Huh, interesting ... nice fun way to end the season eh? :P
Aira entering too ... omg XD Also I love Karila ... glad she beat Yura tbh :P Haha omg Rin completely changed her personality! XD Honoka used psychological warfare to beat her though ... dun dun dun!
Final match was pretty intense ... glad those two got some time to shine. I think Honoka was underrated, I liked her a lot :D Plus she won ... camera angles ... dat body ... *takes off glasses* Dang girl, you've got it down! ;P

Hmm, so overall I actually really enjoyed this ... especially Yura's character development! Certainly wasn't expecting anything like it :O I really like did like pretty much all the characters, surprisingly enough ... really interesting battles and action, plus the music was good too. I guess the animation could have been better but it wasn't bad. So yeah, it beat my expectations! 8/10
Dec 16, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
This episode was unnecessary. Aside of another episode with fanserivce filling out screen there was nothing more than it, and they could simply just finish show after 12 episode.
Overalll, I think I would give this title 6/10 score, no more.
SirIntegralDec 20, 2013 4:36 AM
Dec 24, 2013 8:30 AM

Mar 2013
This anime is still very good for me even if they only battle with airsoft guns still a very good anime :)
Dec 30, 2013 3:25 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

It was really the final last time. Funny episode, it has almost everything that had to have the series, introspection is good, but had to do the soft air the pivot on which turned the plot and the comedy was peeping out from time to time to lighten the mood.
A pity, even for the short animation shown during the tuttta series, Gainax is going to save! D:
Character design cute, a little less colors in the pink one which prevailed in the end was yet another series that had potential, but that has not been exploited properly! ^ ^ "
Final rating 6/10!
Jan 5, 2014 6:51 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
This episode was awful and completely unnecessary. If the show ended on episode 12 I would of given the show a 7, maybe an 8...but they decided to ruin that chance with this disconnected episode. 6/10.
Jan 10, 2014 3:29 AM
May 2009
symbv said:
The only really great thing to see is Rin-chan in tere mode.

This.
Dec 4, 2014 11:23 PM

Feb 2013
This was a fun episode. It felt like a OVA than a real episode. Some nice fanservice in there too.
Mar 17, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was a mistake.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Nov 1, 2016 9:28 PM

Sep 2013
A real let down of an episode after how good episodes 11 and 12 were.
Apr 7, 2017 3:49 PM

Mar 2017
what the heck happened.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 12, 2019 6:58 AM

Mar 2016
Meta-fanservice. Pretty fun episode for what it was.

I've changed my opinion of this show quite a bit while watching it. I thought the first few episodes were poorly done in terms of introducing the girls and the club. And then, and maybe this sounds weird considering the kind of show that it is, the shift to a more dramatic tone really improved the feeling of the show. The pacing and the direction started to feel tighter and more focused. It wasn't until the last three or so episodes that I really started to like the characters and then during this final episode I thought I wouldn't' mind seeing more of them.

Yura was an easy character to sympathize with. A girl with problems making friends, and lacking presence, takes advantage of her fake guns to, as Rin says, 'force her presence onto everyone.' I think it works because Yura isn't the only one who changes throughout the show, but her conflict is like a mirror for Sonora and the other girls to see what they're trying to conceal while in the club. My emotions didn't feel like they were being manipulated either. There was no grandstanding or lengthy speeches, just fun survival games and everyone's happy.

The whole part-reality/part-delusion thing was an interesting concept for a show like this to bring up, and then masterfully utilized in episode 12 to bring everyone together.
Jul 8, 2021 5:38 AM

Feb 2020
Yep. This felt more like a funny OVA episode, while the previous episode was the real finale which concluded the main story.

Honoka used the "When a girl with a glasses takes them off, she becomes a real hottie" cliché to secure her win. That was a pretty hilarious way to win.

Overall, this was a very good show, mostly because of Yura's character development.

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:31 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

137 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Amarrez - Jul 18, 2013

129 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 11, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

179 by toralbabs »»
Feb 7, 7:44 PM

» Anyone else think the OP is really catchy?

Riptos - Aug 5, 2013

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Apr 6, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.