Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Sep 1, 2022 11:37 PM
Jul 2020
nice show loved it was so sweet
Sep 16, 2022 9:35 PM
Jul 2022
I really enjoyed it so far. 😊 I found a personal connection to this anime since I really love swimming. it even is making me think about maybe swimming professionally in the future😊🏊🏻‍♀️ and I found it really relatable how Haru always wanted to swim even when it was winter and felt a connection to the water, and always wants to swim freely and I really want to be like him one day 🤗🌊 I really love this anime so far and can't wait to catch up on next season 😊🏊🏻‍♀️ And I would highly recommend it if you love swimming or are a professional swimmer. it's also fun and light yet competitive. 😊🏊🏻‍♀️ Have fun watching!!!
Oct 26, 2022 2:31 AM
Sep 2021
a bit too sentimental
Apr 9, 2023 4:57 AM
Sep 2022
I really enjoyed this ending, I'm so happy that they are all friends again and that they could all swim together. I feel bad for Rei tho.

I'm glad I decided to give this anime another try after so many years, I expected lots of fan service but it was really touching in the end. My only complain is that for a 12 episode anime there could have been less filler and more swimming (I can't stand the Gray haired guy for some reason, i think he adds nothing to the show). I will be watching the movies for sure, wish there was a second season.
Apr 15, 2023 3:26 PM
Apr 2023
its soo cool dsdsdsds
Jul 13, 2023 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
Certainly lives up to its fujoshi bait reputation (while also having cute girls), but while I found the main plot involving our tsundere Rin-chan-san decent, I still quite enjoyed this for its lighthearted comedy (like their names, Haru's swimming obsession, etc.).

Nov 25, 2023 3:07 AM
Oct 2023
gay people are so dramatic
Dec 27, 2023 11:24 AM
Nov 2016
The episode begins with the coach asking them to give their all and have fun, without worrying. Something happened to Rin; he starts late in the race, performs poorly, and struggles to climb the pool walls at the end of the race. Indeed, the work evoked empathy for the character; I rooted for him to win (since I wasn't against the boys) and worried about what might have happened to him.

He feels very frustrated for not being chosen for the relay and decides he's done with swimming. Haru, upon hearing this, feels bad because it reminds him of Rin saying this when they were younger and regrets not being able to swim with Rin again. Rei explains to the boys everything he discussed with Rin the night before and says he feels the same way; he wants to swim with all of them.

Rei says all he wants is to swim with them again and knows that's what they want, especially Haru, who confirms it. Therefore, Rei gives up participating in the relay so they can invite Rin since he won't participate with his school, all to prevent him from giving up swimming. What an incredible and noble attitude, what an amazing character.

Haru tells Rin that he was the one who taught him how enjoyable it is to swim with companions. At the end of their conversation, Rin finally opens up and starts crying, and they invite him to swim.

Haru: "Rin, come on, it's my turn to show you something you've never seen before" (I almost cried in this scene).

The relay begins with an incredible and emotional soundtrack, with everyone feeling free, and when it's Rin's turn, he goes very fast and feels better than ever (it's moving). Finally, it's Haru's turn, and everyone cheers for him, with the school achieving its goal. It's a perfect sequence in ALL aspects, ending with Rin hugging Haru and crying: "You showed me what I always wanted to see," and in the end, everyone hugs. Rei watches from afar but laughs and says it was beautiful.

They end up being disqualified for having Rin participate since he is from another school, but they don't regret it because they say everyone is a team.

Rin apologizes to his captain and says he'll understand if he's kicked off the team, but he allows him to continue and asks him to swim the same way as with the boys. We finish this interaction by showing Rin's revolution, asking for help from his classmate and dorm mate to train and improve.

We end the season with some lighthearted scenes, Rin and the boys running together, preparing to train, and in a dialogue between Haru and Rin, where he says he will no longer follow his father's dream but his own dream. Perfect.
Jan 18, 7:07 PM

Oct 2017
Whoa, what an emotional, epic final episode. Rin losing his temper (at poor Nitori), Haru and Rin fighting but finally admitting that they miss their friendship and that they swim for each other, Rei swapping himself out so Rin could swim with his old pals... so much to discuss.

Haru and Rin are finally on the same page. When their fight first began, Rin stood in darkness (the shade of the tree) and Haru stood in the light. By the end, Rin was in tears and they were both on the same side. Rin is evolving and started calling Nitori by his first name. He is trying to be a better teammate and find his way.

Rei giving up his spot for Rin was huge. Rei, being the newest, least experienced, and having the least amount of memories with the other members... while Rin was their stellar swimming buddy from forever ago that everyone kept talking about... that's huge. I'd be afraid that I'd be replaced by Rin on the relay team, since he's more talented and has a history with them. While their relay occurred, I felt like there was an ounce or so of that steaming off of Rei, with good reason. Rei will not be replaced though, since Rin will stay at his school (and surprisingly wasn't kicked off the team for that crazy stunt!)

Honestly, this anime was a breath of fresh air. I haven't watched a dub in a long time. An anime that made me laugh, cry, smile, and that I wanted to hear every single intro/outro/extra "next time" scene. I couldn't press the next button fast enough lol. The last time I felt this way was Tokyo Revengers (S1), but that one I watched subbed and was more serious in tone. Watching this series full of emotions and stories, with light-hearted times and serious times, with characters that were well-written... with OSTs and detailed scenes that made me actually rewind and review... wow.

Just. Wow. :)
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Free! shows demographic matters more than ever

Sanjay63773 - Jan 23

8 by Yaoi4U »»
Apr 3, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lpf - Jul 24, 2013

315 by Luisito14 »»
Mar 21, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

145 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2013

170 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2013

102 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.