Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2013 3:27 PM

Sep 2007
I'm honestly not sure what manga you guys are reading to give this a 5/5. We're starting to get the same goddamned "You thought you killed me? TROLOLOLOLOL." "You thought YOU killed ME? TROLOLOLOLOL."

Kubo has never once varied from this same tired trope. He revels in it, and he gives us NOTHING new in return. I had some hope while Ichigo was the focus, but now that they're in the standard "nyah nyah" phase of this, I have a feeling that I could leave for a year, come back, and MAYBE read 5-6 chapters to fully get the idea.

Total garbage. 1/5.
Sep 26, 2013 3:30 PM

Sep 2007
Arashi89 said:
So, according to this chapter, the stronger Shinigami that ever existed beside Ichigo had his techniques canceled by this Quincy scrub? Fuck that shit, I knew I was wrong expecting something good from Kubo.

This. Every time, rather than actually coming up with something relevant to the characters, he pulls some tired deus ex machina out of his ass. While Naruto is actually creating a PLOT, this is the same damn thing as always.
Sep 26, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2012
Man I have the feeling that the usual stuff will happen again, the good guys will get an asspull powerup and that's probably not even the real toshiro that just got stabbed, I just don't see him dying. I hope aizen comes back and trolls these guys for a while, would be fun to see the bad guys killing each other XD
Sep 26, 2013 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
madsweeney said:
Arashi89 said:
So, according to this chapter, the stronger Shinigami that ever existed beside Ichigo had his techniques canceled by this Quincy scrub? Fuck that shit, I knew I was wrong expecting something good from Kubo.

This. Every time, rather than actually coming up with something relevant to the characters, he pulls some tired deus ex machina out of his ass. While Naruto is actually creating a PLOT, this is the same damn thing as always.

I agree, why did kubo even took 5 weeks off in the first place? was he thinking about new ways to troll the characters because it doesn't look like he actually was trying to make the fights better so far they have been the same old shit, like you said "You thought you killed me? TROLOLOLOLOL." "You thought YOU killed ME? TROLOLOLOLOL."
Sep 26, 2013 5:21 PM
Mar 2009
Ahh, I shouldn't have expected otherwise...

Classic Kubo being derpy.

Stronger than Yamamoto? C'mon.
Sep 26, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
Sure smells like Dues Ex in here :\
Sep 26, 2013 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT TOSHIRO NOOOOOOO I'M NOT ACCEPTING THIS. WHY HIM WTH I SWEAR IF HE DIES... SDAKBJFAFKFFIUFHKFDAS D: Just, let him survive. T^T
Sep 26, 2013 5:56 PM

Jul 2008
Arashi89 said:

There's a lot things that factored into this, I don't think it's fair to do like they do not exist.

-They were blasted away by one of Yamamoto's strike, and a weak one at that.

-He didn't have to overpower Yamamoto's flame to survive, he simply had to diverge them. To diverge a force, a much smaller force can easily do the trick.

-He didn't came out of it unscathed unlike what he's actually sounding like.

-The sword doesn't make the swordman.
A zanpakuto have a strength on it's own and do not reflect it's user's strength. Once it's bring up at it's maximum potential by a Shinigami, a zanpakutou will not get stronger no matter in who's hand it is and it'd be up to the Shinigami's skill to make a difference.
For a Shinigami like Hitsugaya this is actually a blessing since he got the strongest ice-type zanpakutou so he can fight in a league beyond his real power (It's like equipping Excalibur on a level 10 warrior). For someone like Yamamoto who is the opposite, this means that once he mastered his ''zanpakutou arts'', he couldn't bring up more power from his zanpakutou.

Yamamoto's zanpakutou is nothing to laugh at, it's pretty much one of the strongest zanpakutou in existence but it isn't representative of Yamamoto's strength.. Yamamoto is much more than that. He's the Shinigami that mastered almost all the ways in which a Shinigami can train, so much that his mastery of kido, martial arts and his reiatsu pressure are at the very least at the same level of his zanpakutou's mastery.

It doesn't matter if that scrub managed to survive a small sword swip from Yamamoto when he had all the perfect conditions in the world to actually do it. If they were to face each other Yamamoto would destroy him with pure raw spec, he wouldn't even need to use his zan or kido to make that guy regret ever picking a fight with him.
Sep 27, 2013 3:47 AM

Feb 2010
Shangetsu said:
Arashi89 said:

There's a lot things that factored into this, I don't think it's fair to do like they do not exist.

-They were blasted away by one of Yamamoto's strike, and a weak one at that.

-He didn't have to overpower Yamamoto's flame to survive, he simply had to diverge them. To diverge a force, a much smaller force can easily do the trick.

-He didn't came out of it unscathed unlike what he's actually sounding like.

-The sword doesn't make the swordman.
A zanpakuto have a strength on it's own and do not reflect it's user's strength. Once it's bring up at it's maximum potential by a Shinigami, a zanpakutou will not get stronger no matter in who's hand it is and it'd be up to the Shinigami's skill to make a difference.
For a Shinigami like Hitsugaya this is actually a blessing since he got the strongest ice-type zanpakutou so he can fight in a league beyond his real power (It's like equipping Excalibur on a level 10 warrior). For someone like Yamamoto who is the opposite, this means that once he mastered his ''zanpakutou arts'', he couldn't bring up more power from his zanpakutou.

Yamamoto's zanpakutou is nothing to laugh at, it's pretty much one of the strongest zanpakutou in existence but it isn't representative of Yamamoto's strength.. Yamamoto is much more than that. He's the Shinigami that mastered almost all the ways in which a Shinigami can train, so much that his mastery of kido, martial arts and his reiatsu pressure are at the very least at the same level of his zanpakutou's mastery.

It doesn't matter if that scrub managed to survive a small sword swip from Yamamoto when he had all the perfect conditions in the world to actually do it. If they were to face each other Yamamoto would destroy him with pure raw spec, he wouldn't even need to use his zan or kido to make that guy regret ever picking a fight with him.

1) Final getsuga tenshou(by both Kurosakis), butterfly Aizen, this weapon from Rukia's arc and probably something more than I forgot.
2) His(&his zanpakuto's strength): check "Aizen arc"(afair, he doesn't have clue about Aizen true power; his fight in fake Karakura) , next he got 1hit KO by Bach. His 12432984237 of skeletons is like 100 skeletons.

I don't know if he is stronger than Yamamoto, but he CAN at least put a decent fight.
ps. I will laugh because: read 2)
Sep 27, 2013 8:27 AM
Jul 2013
This is what I like about bleach.
There's no way a fight is resolved in one chapter only.
Kubo Tite-sama really values his work.
And so do I! :D
Okay, I want to see Toshiro kick ass so bad, but his bankai is GONE :**(
I wonder if he will get it back soon.
I already misss Yamajii soo much, and this sternitter quincy fucker comes up and starts bad mouthing him? GODDAMIT! Toshiro needs to step up his game!! >:(
Also I'm worried about him..I hope he'll be alright.
Sui Feng too. What about Kurotsuchi though? I don't think he'll be in much danger, he pretty much owns..And What the hell is he actually wearing -.-"
ICHIGO WHERE ARE YOU D: ????
P.s. Anybody remember that blond, cute character, Kira? Yeah, that's right, Gin's vice captain... remember we were told his reiatsu vanished?
I..always hoped..I would see him again...:(((
WAAAAAa! He can't just die!!!I still hope... I won't give up the thought Inoue will somehow resurrect him!!!
Sep 27, 2013 10:37 PM

Jun 2013
I wonder how the Sterritters will be defeated. It seems like Kubo made them too strong.
Sep 28, 2013 3:47 AM

Jun 2008
tankoubon-feind said:
quadnia said:
So basically the quincy's are so strong that no one can beat them. I wonder what kind of bullshit weird crazy power up there gonna get this time.

exactly...the power scale in bleach is so inconsistent characters are literally only as strong or as weak as they are depending on how convenient it is for tite kubo at that moment. it makes no sense for this random guy to be stronger than yamamoto but because it sounds cool tite kubo says he is without backing it up. im sure the captains will receive some convenient power up which will make the fact that they dont have bankai irrelevant. kubo back to his old bull shit again -__-

To be fair Kubo never claimed that this guy is stronger than Yamamoto with this.

Puty said:
It's lazy writing.

"My bankai is that", no, in reality it is something else.
"My Sonido is the fastest." No, he only said his Sonido was the fastest.
"Vasto Lordes were powerful enough to destroy SS." No, it was only said/predicted they were powerful. In fact, they can be defeated with shikai.
And now this: "My flames are stronger than Yama's". Oh, but we don't know for sure, right, Kubo? He only SAYS that.
And if this IS the case, that this is the truth, then it's just lame. Way to go piss on Yama's legeacy, Kubo and destroy the mood, of overall enjoyable chapter.
As for the Toshirou, I think he used his kage bunshin move, so he's fine.

EDIT: Oh, Kubo. We know you like to come up with the shit on a weekly basis, but didn't Yuha Bach say that he was the only one who could match Yama ji's power hence he was the one who could steal his bankai? Yeah, just a thought. I guess someone will point it to you and we'll hear how that wasn't the case.

Defending against a powerful enemy only barely enough to manage to survive doesn't make you stronger than him. Kubo doesn't piss on anyone's legacy you people just lack understanding.
Also Vasto Lordes had only being said that they can be stronger than a typical captain. Such thing does not mean that all of them are stronger than captains or that they'll destroy soul society. Also indeed the stronger ones where defeated by more than one captain level enemy and the captains facing them needed help to survive.
MonadSep 28, 2013 4:00 AM
Sep 28, 2013 11:45 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah, and that's why this reveal was in such dramatic manner. His flames might be in the same level now. Such possibility to me is bullshit.
And the fact that it emerged from nothing. When that three Halibel servants were around in this arc people missed Yama saying about sparing them because of they're fighting spirit and were(unrightfully) calling "bullshit!" so now Kubo made sure that he came up with reason why another people survived supposed deadly flames of grandpa. I just think he went too far.

Yeah, number 3 was defeated by Kidou, number 2 by Kubo and number 1 by shikai. It was said that if there were more than 10 of them the SS is doomed, but it seemed that Yama could easily defeat ythem all by himself. Of course it was only hype that didn't pay off.

Sep 28, 2013 12:25 PM

Jul 2008
Puty said:
It was said that if there were more than 10 of them the SS is doomed, but it seemed that Yama could easily defeat ythem all by himself.

And... that's where the main problem lies. You (and a lot of people) take every character's word as fact without counting the credibility and/or knowledge of said character.
The one that said that if Aizen assembled 10 vastolordes the SS is doomed was Hitsugaya iirc.
The weakest captain made an assessment of the enemy power without even knowing the strength of his fellow captain. Captain do not show their power to each other (that was stated somewhere) and before the Aizen incident, there was no way a young captain would be able to witness the other captain's real strength.

Same problem here, you're taking what that show-off is saying as face values.
Sep 28, 2013 1:37 PM

Dec 2007
Well sorry, for taking the expositionary speech seriously. NOW I know that it was only the way of hyping the threat, when there wasn't much to be afraid of.
Yes, I noticed it was Hitsugaya talking. The only captain in there, the highest ranking amongst them. The one who SHOULD explain stuff, and be the voice of reason(especially since his kind of strict attitude and being kind of "by the book" guy) I guess it was probably one of the reasons he was sent there in the first place. It was not only Hitsu's mistake, it was the whole SS mistake for overevaluating the threat. Yeah you can blame it on them(and there are tons of voices how SS as the military organisation well, just sucks, so why not) for Kubo's overhyping new villains.
PS. btw Not showing your abilities to the other captains is frickin stupid. That shouldn't justify anything.

Sep 29, 2013 3:35 AM
Jul 2011
Shirubaasouru said:
Dat Urameshi.

Hah, for real. Had nostalgic trip like whoa when I saw that panel.
Sep 29, 2013 6:40 AM
Dec 2012
Puty said:
Well sorry, for taking the expositionary speech seriously. NOW I know that it was only the way of hyping the threat, when there wasn't much to be afraid of.
Yes, I noticed it was Hitsugaya talking. The only captain in there, the highest ranking amongst them. The one who SHOULD explain stuff, and be the voice of reason(especially since his kind of strict attitude and being kind of "by the book" guy) I guess it was probably one of the reasons he was sent there in the first place. It was not only Hitsu's mistake, it was the whole SS mistake for overevaluating the threat. Yeah you can blame it on them(and there are tons of voices how SS as the military organisation well, just sucks, so why not) for Kubo's overhyping new villains.
PS. btw Not showing your abilities to the other captains is frickin stupid. That shouldn't justify anything.

The "military" does not suck. Please stop.

Also Character Statements.
Oct 2, 2013 6:09 AM

Apr 2012
Shangetsu said:
Puty said:
It was said that if there were more than 10 of them the SS is doomed, but it seemed that Yama could easily defeat ythem all by himself.

And... that's where the main problem lies. You (and a lot of people) take every character's word as fact without counting the credibility and/or knowledge of said character.
The one that said that if Aizen assembled 10 vastolordes the SS is doomed was Hitsugaya iirc.
The weakest captain made an assessment of the enemy power without even knowing the strength of his fellow captain. Captain do not show their power to each other (that was stated somewhere) and before the Aizen incident, there was no way a young captain would be able to witness the other captain's real strength.

Same problem here, you're taking what that show-off is saying as face values.

If only Kubo were half as clever as all that, I might think you had a point, but nothing that's happened in Bleach has even come close to suggesting that. Sure, the guy is boast, but Yamamoto was supposed to be on another level, so that he could even defend against him makes him on another level as well and he doesn't even seem exceptional among the other Nazis.
Oct 2, 2013 10:01 AM

Feb 2010
i miss the old bleach

end this manga already. not interesting anymore
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Oct 2, 2013 11:32 AM

Jun 2012
Bleach trend:
Bad guy talks smack
Captain one hit kills enemy and says *insert cool line here*
Bad guy gets back up and unleashes full power,
Captain: (0.0') whaaaat?
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Oct 10, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2011
WTF man, that inconsistency. How come they got fuucked just right after they fuucked?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 2014 1:28 AM

Oct 2013
Omg,Hitsugaya noooo

Nov 2, 2014 9:00 AM
Mar 2012
kennikitty said:
Insanely overpowered enemies: Check.
Unbelievablely massive power up by the good guys, especially Ichigo: about to come.

*yawn* The usual pattern.
This. It's getting so, so boring.
It's a bit annoying to go through all of this for the good parts.
Apr 15, 2016 9:25 AM

Oct 2014
right now I get the feeling of Kenpachi vs Bach and Ichigo vs Ishida
although I really don't want to see Ishida side against Ichigo
Jun 9, 2017 3:10 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, they can't do a thing against their opponents.
Jul 22, 2019 5:50 AM
Mar 2019
This arc's been incredible so far.
Dec 14, 2021 11:51 AM

Nov 2019
If Kubo didn’t killed off Byakuya at the first invasion, Hitsugaya won’t die in this one, that’s what I think even after seeing him shot straight to the chest.
It’s time for dual wielding Ichigo to show up, sooner or later.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.