Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Sep 16 - Sep 22

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
 
#1
Sep 24, 2013 3:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for Sep 16th - 22nd

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

Blu-ray
*1, 27,040 27,040 Shingeki no Kyojin vol.3
*2, *2,861 20,805 Dragon Ball Z Movie 14: Kami to Kami - Limited Edition
*3, *2,737 *2,737 Love Lab vol.1
*4, *2,731 *2,731 Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince vol.4
*5, *2,606 *8,483 Dragon Ball Z Movie 14: Kami to Kami - Regular Edition
*6, *2,562 *2,562 Chihayafuru2 BD Box vol.2
*7, *2,355 *2,355 Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Recollection 1996-2000 BD Box
*8, *1,809 *1,809 Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai
*9, *1,663 *1,663 Brothers Conflict vol.2
10, *1,630 17,147 Free! vol.1
(cut-off 1,630)


DVD
*1, 11,712 *,*11,712 Shingeki no Kyojin vol.3
*2, *4,598 *,*18,860 Dragon Ball Z Movie 14: Kami to Kami - Regular Edition
*3, *3,558 *,*15,856 Dragon Ball Z Movie 14: Kami to Kami - Limited Edition
*4, *3,043 *,**3,043 Brothers Conflict vol.2
*5, *1,793 *,*11,833 USAVICH Season 5
*6, *1,653 *,**1,653 Makai Ouji Devils and Realist vl.1
*7, *1,496 *,*11,705 Free! vol.1
*8, *1,473 1,513,749 Tonari no Totoro
*9, *1,173 *,**1,173 Gin no Saji Silver Spoon vol.1
10, **,954 *,***,954 Love Lab vol.1
11, **,843 *,517,634 Majo no Takkyuubin
12, **,749 *,***,749 Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku: Kinetograph Special DVD
13, **,710 2,389,825 Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
14, **,672 *,***,672 Devil Survivor2 the Animation vol.4
15, **,636 *,361,754 Mononoke Hime
16, **,613 *,*18,848 Shingeki no Kyojin vol.2
17, **,516 *,*58,735 One Piece Film Z - Regular Edition
18, **,491 *,*28,359 Shingeki no Kyojin vol.1
19, **,489 *,661,857 Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa
20, **,482 *,***,482 Chihayafuru2 DVD Box vol.2
(cut-off 482)


Singles
*9, 12,044 *12,044 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 8 Miku "Waikyou Shen-Shou-Jin"
14, *6,531 **6,531 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 TV ED "Distance"
15, *4,842 **4,842 Brothers Conflict OP "Jealousness"
22, *3,579 **3,579 Kakihara Tetsuya "Generations"
25, *2,803 *13,664 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 7 Kirika "Gokuren Igarima"
27, *2,536 214,874 Shingeki no Kyojin OP "Jiyuu e no Shingeki"
35, *1,819 *13,576 Prince of Tennis character song "TeniPri Fever"
37, *1,662 *27,669 Gin no Saji Silver Spoon OP "Faraway / Kiss you"
38, *1,651 *85,376 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 TV OP "Fight For Liberty / Wizard CLUB"
39, *1,592 *22,594 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Movie theme song "Circle Game"
40, *1,513 *23,978 Free! : Character Song Vol.3 Matsuoka Rin (Miyano Mamoru) "Break our balance"
42, *1,487 **1,487 Please & Secret (Pile & Aina) "O.P.E.N. Fantasy"
43, *1,395 *15,939 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 6 Chris "Bye-Bye Lullaby"
48, *1,281 *52,873 Free! ED "Splash Free"
49, *1,264 **4,911 Takanashi Rikka Kai: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie album "~Chuunibhyou Ougi . Sankyoku no Kiwami~"
52, *1,128 *10,218 Dangan Ronpa the Animation ED "Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku"
53, *1,075 **1,075 Kimi no Iru Machi ED "Dear Friend"
55, *1,051 **7,832 DokiDoki! Precure OP/ED "Love Link / Kono Sora no Musou ~Dokidoki! Precure to Issho~"
57, *1,027 *15,923 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 5 Shirabe "Oukyo Shul-shagana"
58, *1,016 *18,862 Free! : Character Song Vol.5 Ryuugazaki Rei (Hirakawa Daisuke) "Dive & Fly"
(cut-off 1,000)


CD Album
*6, 17,424 17,424 Miyano Mamoru "Passage"
*8, 14,117 14,117 The IdolM@ster 765Pro AllStars+ Gre@test Best! -The IdolM@ster History-
22, *5,022 *5,022 Brothers Conflict Character Song Concept Mini-Album vol.1
65, *1,262 25,788 Free! Drama CD "Iwatobi Koukou Suieibu - Katsudou Nisshi 1"
68, *1,226 53,994 Shingeki no Kyojin Original Soundtrack
(cut-off 1,000)


Source: Oricon Youtaiju
Modified by symbv, Sep 24, 2013 9:14 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
#2
Sep 24, 2013 3:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
2013 Summer Preliminary First Volume Sales
Key: Total - # Weeks Charted - Title - Format ranked - Release Date
28,852 *2 Free! [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/11
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [BD+DVD]: 2013/08/21
------ 10,000 Line ------
*6,650 *3 Dangan Ronpa the Animation [BD+DVD]: 2013/08/28
*5,375 *3 Servant x Service [BD+DVD]: 2013/08/21
*3,691 *1 Love Lab [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/20
---- Manabi Line (2899) ----
*2,072 *2 Rozen Maiden (2013) [BD+DVD]: 2013/08/30
**,809 *1 Genshiken Nidaime [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/04

(BD not ranked; need full week data later this week)
Makai Ouji Devils and Realist [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/18 (DVD sold 1653)
Gin no Saji: Silver Spoon [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/18 (DVD sold 1173)
Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/18
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/18
Fantatista Doll [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/20
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/20

(not yet on sale)
Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Choujigen Game Neptune the Animation [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Kiniro Mosaic [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Highschool DxD New [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Uchouten Kazoku [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Kimi no Iru Machi [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/25
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/27
Blood Lad [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/27
Senki Zesshou Symphogear G [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/02
Watashi ga Motenai nowa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/02
Recorder to Landsel Mi☆ [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/02
Futari wa Milky Holmes [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/16
Monogatari Second Season [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/23
Senyuu2 [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/25
Teekyuu2 [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/25
Gifuu Doudou!!: Kanetsugu to Keiji [DVD]: 2013/10/25
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/30
Tamayura: More Aggressive [BD+DVD]: 2013/10/30
Gatchaman Crowds [BD+DVD]: 2014/01/22
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
#3
Sep 24, 2013 3:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17293
I wonder if Megami-hen last episode make an impact for the sale.

OT: It look like Dragon Ball still selling. Might watch the movie at some point. And SnK have strong first week.
 
#4
Sep 24, 2013 3:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10062
Love Lab on #3? Didn't expect that but I'm very happy about it :)

Layzner BD got pretty high as well!
 
#5
Sep 24, 2013 3:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 24
Strong 2nd week for Free!, hope for 30k next week.

Love Lab has the OP single as extra, right? And sold at the half price, so probably dead. Too bad, I like it.
 
#6
Sep 24, 2013 3:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
Blu-ray
*1, 27,040 27,040 Shingeki no Kyojin vol.3
*3, *2,737 *2,737 Love Lab vol.1
*6, *2,562 *2,562 Chihayafuru2 BD Box vol.2
*9, *1,663 *1,663 Brothers Conflict vol.2

DVD
*1, 11,712 *,*11,712 Shingeki no Kyojin vol.3
*4, *3,043 *,**3,043 Brothers Conflict vol.2
*9, *1,173 *,**1,173 Gin no Saji Silver Spoon vol.1
10, **,954 *,***,954 Love Lab vol.1
20, **,482 *,***,482 Chihayafuru2 DVD Box vol.2


Glad Chihayafuru 2 BD box 2 hung onto position 30 with all those Gibli movies charting on DVD! Phew, we know it was over 3000 and series average over 3000... Season 3 please! Glad to be supporting this one.

SnK is doing well, no surprise. Lumpy due to bonuses I assume.

Glad LoveLab is doing well. Not one I'm buying (not super rewatchable IMO) but I would love to see more.

BroCon hanging on well! Big event ticket drop from v1 but better actual anime support than I expected. Not a buy for me either but I enjoyed it and would watch season 2 if they made it.

Silver Spoon, ouch! I quite enjoyed the show but couldn't buy it either (again, the rewatch). Ah well, we get cour 2 anyways and I will enjoy watching it.

Where or where is my Rozen Maiden v2? Hope it isn't too horrible on Thursday, no DVDs will hurt. Still so much manga to go, I don't want to have to wait so many years for the next season! :(

*9, 12,044 *12,044 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 8 Miku "Waikyou Shen-Shou-Jin"
15, *4,842 **4,842 Brothers Conflict OP "Jealousness"
25, *2,803 *13,664 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 7 Kirika "Gokuren Igarima"
27, *2,536 214,874 Shingeki no Kyojin OP "Jiyuu e no Shingeki"
37, *1,662 *27,669 Gin no Saji Silver Spoon OP "Faraway / Kiss you"
43, *1,395 *15,939 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 6 Chris "Bye-Bye Lullaby"
49, *1,264 **4,911 Takanashi Rikka Kai: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie album "~Chuunibhyou Ougi . Sankyoku no Kiwami~"
57, *1,027 *15,923 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 5 Shirabe "Oukyo Shul-shagana"

So glad for all the Symphogear Character songs! I just bought the OP, ED and charsong CDs 1-8 at once and was hoping at least a few of them would still chart. Especially happy for #8, Miku's as I think it is one of the best!

J-country "Kiss You" doing really well! Surprising considering the BD sales, this one is all the music/performer I guess?

BroCon music doing OK, thought it would do better after v1 BD.

Chuunibyo not doing that well from the box office sales either it sounds like.

No sign of ayami "Through all eternity ~ enishi no kizuna ~" Mushibugyo ED2 eh? Too bad, I really enjoy it.
 
#7
Sep 24, 2013 4:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31160
surprised that gin no saji isnt selling, I thought the manga was pretty popular over there

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
#8
Sep 24, 2013 4:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 576
hpulley said:


*9, 12,044 *12,044 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 8 Miku "Waikyou Shen-Shou-Jin"
15, *4,842 **4,842 Brothers Conflict OP "Jealousness"
25, *2,803 *13,664 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 7 Kirika "Gokuren Igarima"
27, *2,536 214,874 Shingeki no Kyojin OP "Jiyuu e no Shingeki"
37, *1,662 *27,669 Gin no Saji Silver Spoon OP "Faraway / Kiss you"
43, *1,395 *15,939 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 6 Chris "Bye-Bye Lullaby"
49, *1,264 **4,911 Takanashi Rikka Kai: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie album "~Chuunibhyou Ougi . Sankyoku no Kiwami~"
57, *1,027 *15,923 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G : Character Song 5 Shirabe "Oukyo Shul-shagana"

So glad for all the Symphogear Character songs! I just bought the OP, ED and charsong CDs 1-8 at once and was hoping at least a few of them would still chart. Especially happy for #8, Miku's as I think it is one of the best!

J-country "Kiss You" doing really well! Surprising considering the BD sales, this one is all the music/performer I guess?

BroCon music doing OK, thought it would do better after v1 BD.

Chuunibyo not doing that well from the box office sales either it sounds like.

No sign of ayami "Through all eternity ~ enishi no kizuna ~" Mushibugyo ED2 eh? Too bad, I really enjoy it.


That BroCon music is the 2nd game OP.

I wonder how much the 1st half of BroCon character song (TV Anime Brothers Conflict Character Songs Concept Mini Album "Otona") sold. Looks like it is listed on "Album", not "Singles" at Oricon.
 
#9
Sep 24, 2013 4:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 24
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
surprised that gin no saji isnt selling, I thought the manga was pretty popular over there


Too expensive. There will probably be 12 volumes overall, for a 2-cour show with only 22 episodes. Aniplex greedy as fuck.

Dunno about other reasons.
 
Sep 24, 2013 4:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 608
I honestly don't understand these numbers. So is Chihayafuru's sales considered good or not? And Love Lab as well? :|
 
Sep 24, 2013 4:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
Surysasuri said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
surprised that gin no saji isnt selling, I thought the manga was pretty popular over there


Too expensive. There will probably be 12 volumes overall, for a 2-cour show with only 22 episodes. Aniplex greedy as fuck.

Dunno about other reasons.
It still has Blurays coming on Thursday but with less than 1600 it will not be at the line first week. I agree that the Aniplex 12 discs for 22 episodes sucks.

In fact I have half a mind to cancel my Monogatari SS orders for similar reasons as we are currently looking at 25 episodes on 12 discs which is just about as Aniplexy. 25 episodes should be 7-9 discs IMO. But I think I may at least need to get Neko Shiro to put beside my Neko Kuro... maybe will decide after that. Bastards, making something this good and making it so expensive that I am conflicted. Love their stuff, classy packages, good extras with CDs and art cards but man, that's a lot of discs just to enjoy all the covers and OP/OST CDs. Really conflicted on this one and I shouldn't be as I love the series.

Nisemonogatari was 5 discs for 11 episodes but one cour that feels OK, better than 6 discs for 11 episodes like Ginsaji. 2 episodes/disc one cour isn't too horrible but for 2 cour that is not good enough. Less than 2 episodes / disc average is just...
Lenalee1 said:
I honestly don't understand these numbers. So is Chihayafuru's sales considered good or not? And Love Lab as well? :|
Chihayafuru is better than season 1 so I think it's good though with a cheap box set I'll let symbv or jmal calculate if they actually made more money...

LoveLab, cheap disc 1 with bonus CD? Still I think it's pretty good. Did better than Rozen Maiden's 1-episode disc 1 with art box but not as good as SerxSer's 1 episode 2-CD bonus disc 1.
Modified by hpulley, Sep 24, 2013 4:30 AM
 
Sep 24, 2013 4:39 AM
News Team
Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 26486
symbv said:
Singles
15, *4,842 **4,842 Brothers Conflict OP "Jealousness"
22, *3,579 **3,579 Kakihara Tetsuya "Generations"
27, *2,536 214,874 Shingeki no Kyojin OP "Jiyuu e no Shingeki"
37, *1,662 *27,669 Gin no Saji Silver Spoon OP "Faraway / Kiss you"
38, *1,651 *85,376 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 TV OP "Fight For Liberty / Wizard CLUB"
39, *1,592 *22,594 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Movie theme song "Circle Game"
40, *1,513 *23,978 Free! : Character Song Vol.3 Matsuoka Rin (Miyano Mamoru) "Break our balance"
48, *1,281 *52,873 Free! ED "Splash Free"
49, *1,264 **4,911 Takanashi Rikka Kai: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie album "~Chuunibhyou Ougi . Sankyoku no Kiwami~"
52, *1,128 *10,218 Dangan Ronpa the Animation ED "Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku"
53, *1,075 **1,075 Kimi no Iru Machi ED "Dear Friend"


Wow, Jiyuu e no Shingeki is still alive!!

Please at least list "15, Brothers Conflict OP " as "Brothers Conflict Game OP" because it's from Brilliant Blue game.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
 
Sep 24, 2013 4:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 608
hpulley said:
]Chihayafuru is better than season 1 so I think it's good though with a cheap box set I'll let symbv or jmal calculate if they actually made more money...

LoveLab, cheap disc 1 with bonus CD? Still I think it's pretty good. Did better than Rozen Maiden's 1-episode disc 1 with art box but not as good as SerxSer's 1 episode 2-CD bonus disc 1.


Thanks for clearing it up for me! Much appreciated! Kinda hoping for a third Chihaya season lol...
 
Sep 24, 2013 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1406
NeoAnkara said:
I wonder if Megami-hen last episode make an impact for the sale.


I was honestly left scratching my head upon the announcement of its third season. The BD/DVD sales of first season bombed fantastically and the manga didn't get any significant boost either. It's rather a strange decision of business, really.

And btw, i haven't seen the third season, so i have no idea if it's any good or not
 
Sep 24, 2013 5:55 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 488
I'm still so happy about Free!
Very glad to see it have a second week and hope it can make 30k at some point.
Once again, FEMALE OTAKU STRONG.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

 
Sep 24, 2013 6:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1431
*1, 27,040 27,040 Shingeki no Kyojin vol.3

Yaaay.. i'm 1 of the 27,040..
over 25k on the first week not bad at all and there's 6 more volumes.
 
Sep 24, 2013 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1686
Love Lab is there? wow, nice.
 
Sep 24, 2013 7:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2862
Lots of great songs are doing well. I hope Majestic prince can get a S2 with those numbers.
[center]
 
Sep 24, 2013 7:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 32
What do japanese think of Symphogear G ? I'm wondering this because CD sales are really good.

Does blu-ray/DVD will sell well ?
 
Sep 24, 2013 7:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 159
The song rank list contains a non continuous ranking, is this because the data is picked up from a list which charts songs not from anime also?
and is the CD single rating digital sales only or does it include physical copies also?

Returning to OP:
Strong sales for SnK. Not any other notable anime in the list.
 
Sep 24, 2013 7:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5341
Kin'iro mosaic next week, the last episode really gave it a nice boost in the rankings.


ExecRory said:
What do japanese think of Symphogear G ? I'm wondering this because CD sales are really good.

Does blu-ray/DVD will sell well ?

It currently has 6k pre-order estimate points on stalker, so maybe it'll be around 6.5k once it gets released?

I think somebody else can give you a better answer on this though.
Modified by rederoin, Sep 24, 2013 7:48 AM
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
 
Sep 24, 2013 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2187
I feel really bad for AURA and Gin no Saji. They deserve much better sales. (((
 
Sep 24, 2013 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4623
alanwake said:
The song rank list contains a non continuous ranking, is this because the data is picked up from a list which charts songs not from anime also?
and is the CD single rating digital sales only or does it include physical copies also


The gaps in rankings is indeed to do with non-anime singles also charting in the sales list.

The BD and DVD lists sometimes also have ranking gaps by the way, as it is to do with non-anime ranking or animation that is not from Japan. It's just symbv numbers them without gaps for the BD/DVD lists.

For the CD single sales, it only includes physical copies I think... not digital sales.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
 
Sep 24, 2013 8:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 159
Ejc said:
alanwake said:
The song rank list contains a non continuous ranking, is this because the data is picked up from a list which charts songs not from anime also?
and is the CD single rating digital sales only or does it include physical copies also


The gaps in rankings is indeed to do with non-anime singles also charting in the sales list.

The BD and DVD lists sometimes also have ranking gaps by the way, as it is to do with non-anime ranking or animation that is not from Japan. It's just symbv numbers them without gaps for the BD/DVD lists.

For the CD single sales, it only includes physical copies I think... not digital sales.


Oh!

Are digital sales not significant or are they just not charted. I would presume that buying from a digital store(iTunes/Amazon Mp3/Play music) would be much convenient and mainstream, specially for a single.
 
Sep 24, 2013 8:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 329
I'm glad to see Love Lab doing OK. I enjoyed the show so I was hoping it would at least break even on sales. Hopefully future volumes don't bomb.
I'm always happy to see SnK doing well. It will end soon, and then I have no clue what I'll do.
 
Sep 24, 2013 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 865
Next week is crazy packed, but I hope Love Lab can squeeze in a second week to add a bit more to at least bring it over 4k for the first volume.
 
Sep 24, 2013 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2723
Pretty low numbers for Love Lab. Looks like it will average 2-2.5k in the end which is on the low side. I hoped it would do better but I guess buyers just weren't into it.

Nice to see a strong second week for Free!. 30k is certainly within reach.

Shingeki's numbers are quite inconsistent. First week sales have dropped 20k since V1 which is quite a lot. Still, sales are amazing since each volume has sold more than most shows sell with all volumes combined.
 
Sep 24, 2013 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
rederoin said:
ExecRory said:
What do japanese think of Symphogear G ? I'm wondering this because CD sales are really good.
Does blu-ray/DVD will sell well ?

It currently has 6k pre-order estimate points on stalker, so maybe it'll be around 6.5k once it gets released?
I think somebody else can give you a better answer on this though.
Symphogear G gets a generally positive feedback from fans in Japan. Almost everyone says it is better than season 1 in terms of production quality and many like the story in season 2 (and how it puts in twists in between even inside an episode). It has been creeping up the ranking in Amazon through the last few episodes. Currently the Amazon Stalker points at 6.7k in sales for its first week.


alanwake said:

Are digital sales not significant or are they just not charted. I would presume that buying from a digital store(iTunes/Amazon Mp3/Play music) would be much convenient and mainstream, specially for a single.
Digital sales is getting significant, particularly for songs that cater for younger audience. However, Sale of CDs in physical copies declined by less compared to the west. And for anime related singles, many fans in fact like the physical copies for the anime art and for collection purpose. Anyway, Oricon does not provide chart information for digital download, at least for basic subscription package that we use to get singles/album/DVD/BD chart information.
Modified by symbv, Sep 24, 2013 9:24 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Sep 24, 2013 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 24733
symbv said:
rederoin said:
ExecRory said:
What do japanese think of Symphogear G ? I'm wondering this because CD sales are really good.
Does blu-ray/DVD will sell well ?

It currently has 6k pre-order estimate points on stalker, so maybe it'll be around 6.5k once it gets released?
I think somebody else can give you a better answer on this though.
Symphogear G gets a generally positive feedback from fans in Japan. Almost everyone says it is better than season 1 in terms of production quality and many like the story in season 2 (and how it puts in twists in between even inside an episode). It has been creeping up the ranking in Amazon through the last few episodes. Currently the Amazon Stalker points at 6.7k in sales for its first week.


alanwake said:

Are digital sales not significant or are they just not charted. I would presume that buying from a digital store(iTunes/Amazon Mp3/Play music) would be much convenient and mainstream, specially for a single.
Digital sales is getting significant, particularly for songs that cater for younger audience. However, CD in physical copies declines by less compared to the west. And for anime related singles, many fans in fact like the physical copies for the anime art and for collection purpose. Anyway, Oricon does not provide chart information for digital download, at least for basic subscription package that we use to get singles/album/DVD/BD chart information.


As a collector myself I know i like my physical CDs and it's important that they still exist in the future.

As for Symphogear G, I was quite impressed at how it fared compared to the 1st season, the piling up of moments where shit was hitting the fan helped, but the music is still the crowning achievement of this season.


 
Sep 24, 2013 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 24733
Karen's also a top character of the season, so that helps.


 
Sep 24, 2013 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
melina_putri said:

I wonder how much the 1st half of BroCon character song (TV Anime Brothers Conflict Character Songs Concept Mini Album "Otona") sold. Looks like it is listed on "Album", not "Singles" at Oricon.
My apologies. I was in a rush when I posted this thread. Between letting you guys wait several hours (so that I could finish everything before I posted it) and skipping the album chart (so that I could start this thread as soon as possible), I chose the latter. I have now put the album list back. For the album you mentioned in particular it sold 5,022.



For Kiniro Mosaic I remember back before this season started I said it has a lot of potential (besides being one of my favorite 4-koma manga) and I wish it could reach the higher tier for SoL anime, if not Hidamari then at least A-Channel (K-On is pretty untouchable level). Over the season I always had the feeling that I might be too optimistic, but its ranking has been steadily creeping up over the last few week. And the unconventional ending, which itself is very much a calculated risk, got overwhelmingly positive feedback. I have rarely heard so many calls for a 2nd season right after the final episode for an anime. It now seems that reaching Hidamari level of sales is indeed quite possible.
Modified by symbv, Sep 24, 2013 9:53 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Sep 24, 2013 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 24733
symbv said:
melina_putri said:

I wonder how much the 1st half of BroCon character song (TV Anime Brothers Conflict Character Songs Concept Mini Album "Otona") sold. Looks like it is listed on "Album", not "Singles" at Oricon.
My apologies. I was in a rush when I posted this thread. Between letting you guys wait several hours (so that I could finish everything before I posted it) and skipping the album chart (so that I could start this thread as soon as possible), I chose the latter. I have now put the album list back. For the album you mentioned in particular it sold 5,022.



For Kiniro Mosaic I remember back before this season started I said it has a lot of potential (besides being one of my favorite 4-koma manga) and I wish it could reach the higher tier for SoL anime, if not Hidamari then at least A-Channel (K-On is pretty untouchable level). Over the season I always had the feeling that I might be too optimistic, but its ranking has been steadily creeping up over the last few week. And the unconventional ending, which itself is very much a calculated risk, got overwhelmingly positive feedback. I have rarely heard so many calls for a 2nd season right after the final episode for an anime. It now seems that reaching Hidamari level of sales is indeed quite possible.


It needs a second season but that will be awhile because there are only 4 vols out.


 
Sep 24, 2013 10:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
I am forgetting now, are the 8 character song CDs for Symphogear G all we are getting or are there two more?

It seems like they are done as the covers of #2 and #3 & #8 both link up so #2-#8 form a continuous loop while the first one is the Maria x Tsubasa duet and it doesn't link up. So if they make a 9th it will be odd as the 8th already links back to #2...
Modified by hpulley, Sep 24, 2013 10:13 AM
 
Sep 24, 2013 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Hoppy said:
It needs a second season but that will be awhile because there are only 4 vols out.
I think with one year and another volume it should have enough stock for a second season. So far the anime original (both ep.1 and last ep have consider original content that expands on the original manga) gets very high praises from fans. This could further relieves the need for material from the manga.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Sep 24, 2013 10:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
edl01 said:
I'm glad to see Love Lab doing OK. I enjoyed the show so I was hoping it would at least break even on sales. Hopefully future volumes don't bomb.
I'm always happy to see SnK doing well. It will end soon, and then I have no clue what I'll do.


*3,691 *1 Love Lab [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/20

This is not bad, not great, but not bad. I had hoped that it would have gotten a bit more upswing based on the show going into the final episode strongly, but I guess not.

Now all my hope is on Uchouten Kazoku, these have been my two favorite shows this cour, I would really like for it to do well. Still, give fans the credit they deserve, these two shows had very little expectations (as far as I can tell) and didn't have a ton of tie-ins driving them and they have or will put the money down to push them over the likely profitability line.
 
Sep 24, 2013 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
hpulley said:
I am forgetting now, are the 8 character song CDs for Symphogear G all we are getting or are there two more?
It is done. The 10 CDs include the OP and the ED, so 8 Character Song CDs (including the hidden character Miku) are everything.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Sep 24, 2013 10:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 24733
jmal said:
Hoppy said:
It needs a second season but that will be awhile because there are only 4 vols out.

Given that IMO the two best parts of the show (first half of the first episode and last half of the last episode) were anime original, I'd love to see them at least do a few anime-original OVAs, even if a sequel might be far off. I absolutely adored all the adapted material too of course, but they really, really nailed the opening and ending brilliantly.

Regarding 4koma manga → TV anime adaptation sales, I just did a post on that at mania yesterday (http://bit.ly/1aZdHnB), if anyone is interested.


I wouldn't mind an OVA for sure

symbv said:
Hoppy said:
It needs a second season but that will be awhile because there are only 4 vols out.
I think with one year and another volume it should have enough stock for a second season. So far the anime original (both ep.1 and last ep have consider original content that expands on the original manga) gets very high praises from fans. This could further relieves the need for material from the manga.


Both episodes were just surprisingly good, it pretty much proves the anime is the slightly better adaptation than the original manga source, however could the series go another season with anime original content only, that's debatable at best. I prefer to wait until at least 3 more volumes of manga come out before a second season can be made.


 
Sep 24, 2013 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
symbv said:
hpulley said:
I am forgetting now, are the 8 character song CDs for Symphogear G all we are getting or are there two more?
It is done. The 10 CDs include the OP and the ED, so 8 Character Song CDs (including the hidden character Miku) are everything.
Excellent, all complete then! I was wrong about the linkage, it is 3-4-2-6-7-5-8-3... Miku's is great! Just wish I'd ordered the first batch earlier for the internal and external bonus items which were sold out for the first few :(

Was there an anime cover version of Vitalization? I couldn't find one, just Nana Mizuki's portrait in front of the microphone/hose/whatever but I did get the anime cover of Next Destination which is really nice (and I'm so glad they included the anime version as I love its intro).
 
Sep 24, 2013 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Hoppy said:

Both episodes were just surprisingly good, it pretty much proves the anime is the slightly better adaptation than the original manga source, however could the series go another season with anime original content only, that's debatable at best. I prefer to wait until at least 3 more volumes of manga come out before a second season can be made.
I think the anime leaves quite a significant part of the manga not animated, so I'd say give it another year there should be just enough stock for a second season, and the task would be made easier if original content is used as much as this season.

hpulley said:
Was there an anime cover version of Vitalization? I couldn't find one, just Nana Mizuki's portrait in front of the microphone/hose/whatever
I don't know but in the Amazon page of the single there is one anime pic. I wonder if it is included inside the package....
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00D1B8SA4/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1&isremote=0
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Sep 24, 2013 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3947
symbv said:
hpulley said:
Was there an anime cover version of Vitalization? I couldn't find one, just Nana Mizuki's portrait in front of the microphone/hose/whatever
I don't know but in the Amazon page of the single there is one anime pic. I wonder if it is included inside the package....
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B00D1B8SA4/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_1?ie=UTF8&index=1&isremote=0
Thanks. Interesting, that is a customer image but perhaps it was included as an earlier first press bonus I missed or it was an exclusive amazon bonus (don't see one listed) or the customer uploaded in error. I seem to have received the first press bonus version from cdjapan which included the event ticket but no anime pictures; I would think the event ticket would be in shorter supply than a picture but I could be wrong.
Modified by hpulley, Sep 24, 2013 11:24 AM
 
Sep 24, 2013 11:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Actually those are pretty decent DVD sales for Gin no Saji. Not great, but at least it's not a disaster, it should go over the Manabi at least once BD numbers are out.

Everything Masahiko Ohta directs is hilarious and his latest show is no exception. Would have liked to have seen 4-5k for Love Lab, but well, at least it's not a disaster.

Glad to hear Kiniro prospects are looking better, the CD sales for the OP seemed rather low.
 
Sep 24, 2013 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2360
oooo DBZ still selling well and shingeki still stayiing Strong!!!
 
Sep 24, 2013 11:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4073
Glad to see SnK keeps doing well. Didn't really expect any other titles to rank anyway, but it's cool to see Love Lab up there.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
 
Sep 24, 2013 11:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2652
Really happy to see Shingeki no Kyojin doing as well as it is. The animators are purposely ending it right at the end of the Female Titan arc, so with these sales + their ending I'm definitely going to pray for a second season.

Glad to see Love Lab selling decently. Not my favorite show but it was pretty fluid and fun for what it is.

I'm so, so happy that Danganronpa is actually selling. I wonder how v2 is predicted to do though? I just want it to sell so that way a studio with a budget will hopefully animate Super Dangan Ronpa 2 sometime in the near future. (But with at least 22 - 24 episodes, because it's obvious that the storyline/characters don't work well with 13 episodes for DR1, and SDR2 gets much, much more complex than the former.)
 
Sep 24, 2013 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1585
I'm starting to hate these threads...
Let's go bowling.
 
Sep 24, 2013 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
ihateeveryone said:
I'm so, so happy that Danganronpa is actually selling. I wonder how v2 is predicted to do though? I just want it to sell so that way a studio with a budget will hopefully animate Super Dangan Ronpa 2 sometime in the near future. (But with at least 22 - 24 episodes, because it's obvious that the storyline/characters don't work well with 13 episodes for DR1, and SDR2 gets much, much more complex than the former.)
Dangan Ronpa v2 is estimated to sell 3.1k by Stalker (versus 4.7k estimate for v1, which ended up selling 6.0k in its first week).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Sep 24, 2013 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17293
Amiluhur said:
NeoAnkara said:
I wonder if Megami-hen last episode make an impact for the sale.


I was honestly left scratching my head upon the announcement of its third season. The BD/DVD sales of first season bombed fantastically and the manga didn't get any significant boost either. It's rather a strange decision of business, really.

And btw, i haven't seen the third season, so i have no idea if it's any good or not
Then I sugest you to watch it.
 
Sep 24, 2013 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
Meddigo said:
Next week is crazy packed, but I hope Love Lab can squeeze in a second week to add a bit more to at least bring it over 4k for the first volume.
Crazily packed could even be an understatement. Out of curiosity I sorted the BD titles coming this week according to their Stalker estimates, and came up with the following. With at most 20 titles (anime or not) that can be charted on the Tuesday's prelim chart, even for titles projected 3000 of sales could fail to squeeze in...

25935 Love Live v7
24321 GirlPan - Heartful Tank Disc -
14220 JoJo v9
14143 Code Geass BD Box
10983 Railgun2 v3
*9119 OreImo2 v4
*7543 Gargantia v2
*6343 OreGairu v4
*5585 Gundam Seed Destiny HD Remaster BD Box v2
*5400 Highschool Dxd 2nd v1

*4797 Haganai2 v3
*4692 Kiniro Mosaic v1
*4687 Fate/Kaleid Illya v1
*4611 UtaPrince2 v4
*3964 Date A Live v4
*3499 Valvrave v4
*3232 HenNeko v4 (SLE)
*2915 Yuyushiki v5
*2899 Uchouten Kazoku v1
*2839 Index2 BD Box

*2796 Nyaruko-san2 v5
*2587 Neptune v1
*2261 Karneval v5
*2242 The Unlimited v6
*2156 Rokyubu 2nd v1
*2107 Servant x Service v2
*2015 Kimi no Iru Machi v1

Between 1000-2000
Hakkenden v7
Robotics;Notes v9
Samurai Bride v4
KamiNomi OVA
KamiNomi BD Box
Ghost in the Shell SAC BD Box
RDG v4

Volume 1 from this season but projection <1000
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou v1
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi v1
Blood Lad v1

NOTE: The numbers above are only the BD estimate. The total sales would need to include the DVD number so it would be mostly higher than the numbers shown here.
Modified by symbv, Sep 24, 2013 1:19 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Sep 24, 2013 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2652
symbv said:
ihateeveryone said:
I'm so, so happy that Danganronpa is actually selling. I wonder how v2 is predicted to do though? I just want it to sell so that way a studio with a budget will hopefully animate Super Dangan Ronpa 2 sometime in the near future. (But with at least 22 - 24 episodes, because it's obvious that the storyline/characters don't work well with 13 episodes for DR1, and SDR2 gets much, much more complex than the former.)
Dangan Ronpa v2 is estimated to sell 3.1k by Stalker (versus 4.7k estimate for v1, which ended up selling 6.0k in its first week).
Was there any event ticket or special features that would cause sales increase in v1?
 
Sep 24, 2013 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 24733
Oh dear Kiniro doesn't quite have enough for a second season, someone get 310 more people to buy v1.


 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »